1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

E-Nano from Epicvape

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by ACE OF VAPE, Dec 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Yes, its my understanding that they are all different and that the scale on the dial should be used for relative adjustments and not as an absolute temperature because they vary a bit from unit to unit.

Cheers

2. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

If I have something plugged into the same outlet as my nano, like my iPad charging, there is a slight difference also in temp. The temp goes down slightly and I need to turn my nano up a bit. Different outlets seem to make slightly a difference too. If you have really dry cannabis you might need to turn you heat down. Different strains require a different heat setting.

Try starting out at a little below 6 and go from there. My temp is anywhere 6 to 6.5. On occasion I do go below 6 depending on my cannabis or if I have a cold. If you cough turn it down.

I've never combusted using my Enano. Some folks say that they have. I've even turned my unit up to 10 so it will heat up faster and forgot to turn it down. I will notice a harsh bitter taste and will remember then to turn it down. The end will be charred but I didn't combust. You know it when cannabis combusts. The whole amount of cannabis will be ash and you will need to clean everything out because it will taste terrible. The unit will have a foul odor and taste.

For our new nano owners don't mess with the screen depth until after you've used your unit a few times. The screen should already be about where you need it. After a few times using your unit then fiddle around with the depth of your screen if you want it deeper or closer to the heater.

Using the e-pic will help you wth your screen depth if you need to adjust it. I use a long end of a pencil or a chop stick to adjust my screen dept. I usually set my screen and don't usually change it much.

Also practice with different amounts of cannabis. If you have a restricted draw the cannabis is probably butting against the oven or you have a dirty screen. Just remove a little of the herb and start again. It's a fairly easy unit to get the hang of, no real learning curve. Also there are no small parts to lose track of.

I had a chair roll out from under me on linoleum and I hit my tail bone really hard and bruised it when I fell. This was a couple days ago I've been using ice to help with the swelling. Today I need some pain relief, I brought out the heavy duty stuff. The Gorilla Glue is helping.

For a water tool I prefer a bubbler. I use my J hook a lot. I encourage folks to buy one. They aren't that expensive. You can use it with other vaporizers as well.

My Nano is a flavor maker, my go to vaporizer that I use the most.:):leaf:;pd;

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  3. hafalump

hafalump Well-Known Member

I bought a 100 ml. graduated cylinder to soak my stems. It cost $5. I soak my used stems in 90% iso.
    Then run a cotton ball through to squeaky clean things, torch the screen. After two oz. of flower, the iso was fairly dark, I've evaporated it on a small glass tray, and now I have several days of yummies.

4. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

I was a bit too high last night and left the nano out on the counter. This morning my kids noticed it and asked me what it was. I told them it was a special antenna used to pick up am radio.

They immediately lost interest.

5. GetLeft

GetLeft Well-Known Member

Most excellent diversion. I'm frequently wondering what I'm going to say when it happens. Now I have a go to. If you let me borrow it. Analog converter for my smartphone. Vape and mirrors :tup:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  6. flotntoke

flotntoke thoroughly vaped

Nice one! AM Radio? What are there like 10,000 people nationwide still listening? And, 9,900 are over 70 years old? :lol:

7. BabyFacedFinster

I quickly tried to think of something boring to children. That seemed to fit the bill. ;)

8. CHIDOY

CHIDOY Well-Known Member

Got this Maple Burl beauty today! As always, pics don't do it justice. It's so beautiful!!!
    [​IMG]

9. Lou Taylor

Lou Taylor Well-Known Member

The e-nano was (and is) a real game changer for me. It simply rocks!

I prefer the fixed glass screen as it doesn't move around like the metal screens do. Cleaning can sometimes be an issue. those holes in the glass screen get clogged and require long soaks in ISO to come clean.

As a faster alternative I started using an ultrasonic cleaner after the ISO clean. Comes out like brand new every time! and much faster.

This unit is exactly the right size for the e-nano glass tubes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Q2M17K/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Make it a Great Day!

10. BabyFacedFinster

Cool idea. One of those could come in handy.

Many folks will insert a metal screen against the fixed glass to keep out bits and pieces. I do this will my Arizer Air fixed screen gong.

11. bengaltiger

bengaltiger Member

So I have one question: Does the temperature you should set your E-Nano to depend on the ambient temperature? Since it's getting colder and I'm having some problems with getting the most of my Nano with the temperature change I'm wondering if putting it on a higher temp would help.

12. copilot

copilot Member

That's why I didn't go for an exotic wood (looks nice, but why draw your eye towards it in that situation?), and got the aroma therapy cup. It (literally) is an 'air freshener', so that's what it's called and it's out all the time.

13. GetLeft

Yes surrounding environment effects the heat level. I usually nudge the temp up in the Fall when temps tend to cool down. I've noticed the past week that with these cold NE winter temps it could use another little nudge but I'll probably let it stay put.

Where you have it placed also matters. Mine's always tucked away a little. If I surround it too closely and the space gets confined the temp of the nano goes up too. It gets noticeably warmer to the touch when it gets less air circulation.

14. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

Crank it up and see how it goes, worst things that happens is you flame the load, most folks have. In my case I have better luck varying the draw rate for the Nano but everybody is different. Good Luck

15. Crussell27

Crussell27 Avid Jack Garbarino Enthusiast

Slower the draw, the thicker the vapor.

16. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

That makes sense if you were outside with your unit it could make a difference. Different electrical outlets can give a slightly different temp. Also different cannabis require different temp. If I'm using really dry weed I need to turn my temp down.
    The nano has a pretty strong heater. I would play around with different temperatures and amounts to see what works best for you.

Slow and steady draws wins the race with the nano.
    My temp is anywhere from 5.75 - 6.5 on the dial. I like a session so I load my unit up to last for 10 min. About half way through i give my meds a stir. My ABV is a medium brown with some lighter and darker flecks. i save my ABV for edibles. The ABV is really sedative - the edibles made with it I save for evening. :leaf::zzz:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  17. flotntoke

flotntoke thoroughly vaped

Think your question has already been answered, but yes, ambient temps make a surprisingly big difference. I live in a very old house without many wind-blocks around. To compensate, I move my dial about 1/4 notch (6.25 - 6.5 ish) in the winter. Depending on sub freezing temps and drafts, I sometimes knock it up just a little more.

18. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

You have indeed received the correct answer. Think of the Enano as a thermal system. You put energy in the form of heat into the vape. You pull energy in the form of heat when you draw. The ambient temperature will also pull heat out of the heater, the greater the temperature difference (the steeper the gradient between nano and ambient air) the greater the energy loss.

So, you have your Enano trying to put energy in based on rheostat setting and two sources of energy loss that its fighting in order to maintain temp. If its cold enough and the heater setting is not high enough, you will not reach equilibrium and temperatures of the convective air we are using top vape will decline.

Cheers and somebody please do correct me if I'm wrong. Sophomore physics was a VERY long time ago. LOL

19. BabyFacedFinster

The nano doubles as a very effective hand-warmer in the wintertime.

20. FreddieFresh

FreddieFresh Well-Known Member

Well, I ended up buying my nano back from my friend. I'm happy to have it back and to finally give it some proper TLC. It was in desperate need of a waxing and most of the extra screens are black from combustion :bang:

Some people can't be helped. If your friends are idiots, you might as well leave them to smoke, because they'll just take an amazing vape and turn it into an expensive smoking device.

But anyway, I'm happy it's home for good this time. It's awesome having my nano and UD sitting next to each other, warmed up and ready to go at all times. You can never have to many logs IMO. Got a mini banksia pod UD waiting at the post office, got on Alan's list (good timing I think with the Mi-Log in the works) and now I'm just patiently waiting on Ed to release the Woodscents so I can try my cocobolo Ti VonG in convection mode :freak:

I've got VAS, WAS, GAS, TAS... you name it. This shits getting pretty ridiculous over here :nope:

Sometimes I think we could use a thread for people trying to chill out on their purchases. But that would be like having an AA meeting at a bar. I know you're all a bunch of enablers :rofl:

21. bengaltiger

bengaltiger Member

I thought my Nano was underperforming last time but after a good cleaning of the screen I get really good hits again instead of a restricted airflow! Less is more :)

And it's a bummer that your friend wasn't willing to properly harness the power of the Nano. I get high of so little weed, it's amazing. And just set a vape budget, or appreciate what you love about the vapes you have. The only desktop I use outside of party settings is the Nano, I realized the Extreme Q whip would be better for 4 people, but I typically vape alone in my room.

To cure VAS, realize that money spent on vapes could be spent on weed instead :p

22. BabyFacedFinster

I just got to the bottom of my small jelly jar tonight and was about to replenish from a larger storage jar. Now, I have been letting the bottom of that stash jar get encrusted with dirty kief that has just collected there over the last several fill ups. I thought it was time to start using it, so I just grabbed a flat dab tool and started scooping it into my nano gong. I didn't need to crank up the heat at all. Just huge fucking clouds.

I feel lighter than a feather.

Don't hate ---> Mr. :goat:

23. cwheezy

cwheezy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Nooooo my nano cracked, she lasted a damn long time too.

24. EVlL 55

EVlL 55 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone...
    I recently received my 2nd nano.
    ....one thing I noticed that's a little differant is how tight my cord plugs into the unit...I love it!...my other the cord wiggles and causes anxiety of it falling out w/ every move...it's easily remedied but this is where it's at..snug.
    ...the glass is also thicker and more uniform.
    It shows alot of dedication to keep putting the hammer to the nail to constantly improve a product that's top tier as it is...I appreciate the subtle evolution.
    Something I found pretty much pathetic was the USPS' tracking service.....I received my unit before the tracking number even showed any movement whatsoever....so I'm tracking it,..climbing the wall for 2 days....wondering wtf,..and then it's just here out of nowhere....the tracking still goes nowhere...it says the USPS is still awaiting item.
    ..when I got the tracking # from epic,..it says in huge text in the reciept this exact scenario....hopefully this government institution that's been starving for resources and manpower will get a fraction of what they need to improve...soon...because the p.o. is a crap shoot as it is from every angle...where I live at least...just outside NYC,....but I degrees.
    It's been about a year since I used a nano...a long year of inconsistencies and hit & miss results vape wise for me...it seems in my brain when somethings great,..there's gotta be better...so I wander...at my own peril because I always come back to this comfortable zone.

25. GetLeft

Mine also split a few weeks ago. I've had it around 1.5 yrs., the last year with it plugged in 24/7. I notice absolutely 0 difference in performance. Since I bought it for function rather than esthetics, and since it sits hidden out of view at all times except when I'm hitting it, I'm not sending it back. At least not yet.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors