justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
I smoked for around 40 years.....started vaping one day around March and have only smoked once since (on a camping trip with friends)......oddly, I really don't recall missing smoking at all, until recently.......I've had a few urges lately to smoke, although I haven't.....odd that after 7 or 8 months of nothing but vaping, the urge still exists on rare occasions.....

Baron23

he quick high heat for 5 minutes, then lower to your preferred vaping temp works -but not nearly as wonderful of an experience as having your nano fully heated.

Thanks but that's what I'm confused about....what is more wonderful about having the nano pre-heated at vape temp for longer vice Hi for a few minutes and then down to vape temp?

Wrt to function and performance...what's the difference as long as the vape is stable at temp?

By the by, my nano has shipped and sadly I must give the loaner back today....really like this little sucker! :tup::rockon: Look forward to mine arriving later in the week.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Thanks but that's what I'm confused about....what is more wonderful about having the nano pre-heated at vape temp for longer vice Hi for a few minutes and then down to vape temp?

Wrt to function and performance...what's the difference as long as the vape is stable at temp?

By the by, my nano has shipped and sadly I must give the loaner back today....really like this little sucker! :tup::rockon: Look forward to mine arriving later in the week.
That's a good question. Honestly it works OK when doing the quick heat method, it's not bad at all, it's just not as good as it could be.

Part of the magic of the E-Nano in my opinion is how consistent and dependable it is. Once it's heat soaked, it's very hard for one person to drop the heat on it, if not impossible. Perhaps in a group setting you could overpower the heater.

Also, it always gives me the exact same results every time when it's heat soaked. Same flavor and clouds every time at my preferred setting on the temp dial.

When using the quick heat method I find I have to bump the temp up .25-.5 to get similar performance. It varies so I'm not always in my preferred "sweet spot" as far as results. It gets the job done for sure, but it's not as pleasurable to use.

Also, it is possible to overpower the heater at this stage, so you may get a good hit followed by a thin and wispy hit. The consistency is not there until the nano is heat soaked. You can work around this by taking a short break between hits.

In short, there's nothing wrong with using the fast heat method, just remember to turn the temp back down lest you combust! It's not like you will waste material or anything, and you will still get 90% performance.

For the true log enthusiast, only 100% performance is acceptable. That's why you see people recommend a full heat soak. We have high standards around here! ;)

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I agree with a lot of the wonderful comments regarding the Nano. I keep my unit plugged in 24/7. If I leave I do turn it down a bit and it heats up quickly from temp 3 back up to 6 when I get home. I turn it down at night too.

This log has a very strong and effiecient heater and doesn't dip in heat after a draw. The flavor of the vapor it produces is one of the best features for me. I don't own an UD but hear many great things about that one too. Look on FC where there is a comparison of the two log vapes. I believe it's in the Best Of portion here.

This will be one of your best vaporizing tools to have. It's very dependable and the company gives awesome customer service.

I own two nanos and switch off every so often. Both perform wonderfully the heat seems to be consistent between the two. If my iPad or phone is plugged in at the same electrical outlet, I do notice I need to turn the nano up a fraction.

Almost forgot to mention its very to maintain. Basically keeping the stems clean. Condition the wood with beeswax every few months and that's it. Wipe out the inside a few times a year.

Happy vaporizing and a good day to everyone. Glad you decided to jump on the Enano bandwagon. Welcome all new owners.

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped

It's not going to make too much sense until you have yours and play with it a bit. You might want to spend some of your time waiting perusing the thread. There is a lot of good info on here - such as many more in depth conversations about quick heating vs letting your nano get up to full operating temp.

That's a good question. Honestly it works OK when doing the quick heat method, it's not bad at all, it's just not as good as it could be.

Part of the magic of the E-Nano in my opinion is how consistent and dependable it is. Once it's heat soaked, it's very hard for one person to drop the heat on it, if not impossible. Perhaps in a group setting you could overpower the heater.

Also, it always gives me the exact same results every time when it's heat soaked. Same flavor and clouds every time at my preferred setting on the temp dial.

When using the quick heat method I find I have to bump the temp up .25-.5 to get similar performance. It varies so I'm not always in my preferred "sweet spot" as far as results. It gets the job done for sure, but it's not as pleasurable to use.

Also, it is possible to overpower the heater at this stage, so you may get a good hit followed by a thin and wispy hit. The consistency is not there until the nano is heat soaked. You can work around this by taking a short break between hits.

In short, there's nothing wrong with using the fast heat method, just remember to turn the temp back down lest you combust! It's not like you will waste material or anything, and you will still get 90% performance.

For the true log enthusiast, only 100% performance is acceptable. That's why you see people recommend a full heat soak. We have high standards around here! ;)

Great explanation @Vapor_Eyes ! I still think there is even a little more nano magic going on when you get to full temp. Once all the stainless and wood reaches temp equilibrium, everything just gels into a great vaping experience.

Baron23

@Vapor_Eyes - Thank you for the explanation! I understand now. :tup::clap:

I agree with a lot of the wonderful comments regarding the Nano. I keep my unit plugged in 24/7. If I leave I do turn it down a bit and it heats up quickly from temp 3 back up to 6 when I get home. I turn it down at night too.

This log has a very strong and effiecient heater and doesn't dip in heat after a draw. The flavor of the vapor it produces is one of the best features for me. I don't own an UD but hear many great things about that one too. Look on FC where there is a comparison of the two log vapes. I believe it's in the Best Of portion here.

This will be one of your best vaporizing tools to have. It's very dependable and the company gives awesome customer service.

I own two nanos and switch off every so often. Both perform wonderfully the heat seems to be consistent between the two. If my iPad or phone is plugged in at the same electrical outlet, I do notice I need to turn the nano up a fraction.

Almost forgot to mention its very to maintain. Basically keeping the stems clean. Condition the wood with beeswax every few months and that's it. Wipe out the inside a few times a year.

Happy vaporizing and a good day to everyone. Glad you decided to jump on the Enano bandwagon. Welcome all new owners.

Thanks @CarolKing. Personally, I am thrilled with the performance I got out of the Enano and I just liked how it felt to hand when using it. Just a wonderful device, IMO. I believe mine arrives at the end of the week and I have had to clean up and return the loaner. You are right, cleaning it is a cinch.

It's not going to make too much sense until you have yours and play with it a bit. You might want to spend some of your time waiting perusing the thread. There is a lot of good info on here - such as many more in depth conversations about quick heating vs letting your nano get up to full operating temp.

Thank you, @flotntoke. I actually do rather understand the concept of the device reaching temperature soak (equilibrium) and the benefit of that. I appreciate you and @Vapor_Eyes explaining the reason behind it. I have done some searches on the thread (kind of limited search engine, I think) and will continue...but it is 730 page!! LOL

Cheers

Last edited:

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Loving my new nano! The detachable cord is a major plus over the old cord. Is it my imagination, or does my new nano weigh a tiny bit more? It also has a more "solid" feel to it than my old nano...a nice improvement of an already wonderful log vape. Any insights, or is it just my imagination? I don't have the two to compare since I sold my old nano over a year and a half ago to raise $ for my move to Colorado.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Loving my new nano! The detachable cord is a major plus over the old cord. Is it my imagination, or does my new nano weigh a tiny bit more? It also has a more "solid" feel to it than my old nano...a nice improvement of an already wonderful log vape. Any insights, or is it just my imagination? I don't have the two to compare since I sold my old nano over a year and a half ago to raise $ for my move to Colorado.

Sounds about right. You'd probably never notice without the old one sitting next to it, but it's a little taller, too.

Baron23

Just a quick note....my Enano arrived today in the mail and is currently pre-heating.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for all of the great info. 730 pages of it...no, did not read it all but did read @flotntoke "Best of" on the Enano and samples bits of the thread for some pertinent info. All good and I love the Enano (I was loaned one for a few days which resulted in my immediately buying one. GREAT, simple, terrific performing, flexible and versatile vape. :tup::clap:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian why not use a wood or stainless steel adapter instead of glass? Ed's TNT makes one that won't break on you.
I'm picky about flavor.

The WOOD tip is great for some.
I can't handle them.

I was going to have my friend make me one out of TI2?
A drip tip from a MOD for the mouth piece.

I break way too many GonG's.

The NANO itself is wonderful.

UNCIVILIZED = ATAXIAN

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Just a quick note....my Enano arrived today in the mail and is currently pre-heating.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for all of the great info. 730 pages of it...no, did not read it all but did read @flotntoke "Best of" on the Enano and samples bits of the thread for some pertinent info. All good and I love the Enano (I was loaned one for a few days which resulted in my immediately buying one. GREAT, simple, terrific performing, flexible and versatile vape. :tup::clap:

Let us know how you like it when you get a chance. Don't think anyone is expecting to see you again tonight, though. I remember my first night with a nano - sort of. :D

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
Z6fDdxF.jpg

Check us on instagram for daily flash sales!

Mr.Sifter

mmmh, do I want one ? YES
do I need one ? NO

40$ off is an arguement, but still 170EUR shipped

+ customs

+ I would have to get an AV/DC convereter.

probably not safe

Last edited:
Mr.Sifter,
Reactions: ataxian

Baron23

Let us know how you like it when you get a chance. Don't think anyone is expecting to see you again tonight, though. I remember my first night with a nano - sort of. :D
hehehe...yeah, it went well but ended up with me out on the couch. I just had to try every different way of using the stems and gongs I got and was completely baked by the end of it.

I did note in the thread that there are small differences in temp settings for different unique units. So, everybody's settings may be slightly different. I found staring at 6.6 - 6.7 was just right and 7.5 was max I wanted to go with my unit. Was wonderful all around.

I did do the recommended longer heat soak versus the fast pre-heat at 10 and it also worked wonderfully.

Not sure if I like the glass gauzed stems or the basket screen ones better (I'm leaning toward the basket screen). When I stirred the glass gauze load I ended up with a bit of particulates in my mouth. But also found I didn't really need to stir much.

Any opinions on glass vs basket screens?

My only regret is that I didn't wait another week to order as Epic has now started their site wide 20% off Black Friday sale. sigh

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
Indeed. But I don't really see a point to doing so, unless you only have stems with glass already installed. Then adding a screen would make sense to keep the particles out of your mouth.

BT Bean

Bredda Gravalicious
Not sure if I like the glass gauzed stems or the basket screen ones better (I'm leaning toward the basket screen).

As suggested somewhere in the depths of this thread, I use the all glass stem to load up a little nug and then it’s flavor city. Especially nice when sampling a new strain. But most of the time I use the adjustable.

My only regret is that I didn't wait another week to order as Epic has now started their site wide 20% off Black Friday sale. sigh

I hear you, but feel confident in knowing that the Nano is worth, easily, twice what you paid for it.

Baron23

As suggested somewhere in the depths of this thread, I use the all glass stem to load up a little nug and then it’s flavor city. Especially nice when sampling a new strain. But most of the time I use the adjustable.

I hear you, but feel confident in knowing that the Nano is worth, easily, twice what you paid for it.
Epic is a VERY nice, customer service oriented company. I wrote to them and told them I received my Enano yesterday and the email on the 20% off sale today. They offered to refund me the 20%!! :tup::rockon:

So, I went and ordered some miscellaneous stuff for $20 in return. All fair, yeah?! :brow:

Seriously, I admited that this was my fault and I should have delayed my order until Black Friday discounts came out. I would not have been upset if they declined to do anything for me. But, they offered the discount and I'm grateful to them and this has helped to cement my customer loyalty. This kind of token in CS can go a long way toward customer satisfaction.

GetLeft

I've had my nano for around a year and a half using only one adjustable stem the whole time and I know that saying so is going to jinx me so I'm off right now to pick up another. Gotta see what's up with those hexagon style grips. Btw cleaning the adjustable stem is silly easy. Don't know about the all glass but I'm not partial to the build up of residue that can occur with all glass stem/screens. Something about a squeaky clean glass stem and a clean, airy adjustable ss screen. With a little herb thrown in for fun. A match made in heaven.

BT Bean

Bredda Gravalicious
Something about a squeaky clean glass stem and a clean, airy adjustable ss screen.

I agree, I don’t want reclaim, I want that cool clean Nano taste. I have 4 adjustable stems so I can rotate and always have two clean for my wife and myself. And cleaning vapes in general is so much better. The week before I got the Nano, my old pipe (I can hardly bear writing the word) leaked tar out the little carb hole all over my metal box. And there were always ashes all over the place. Now a little ISO down the stem, brush the few errant crumbs of ABV off the table, and I’m good to go.

Top Bottom