greenextinguisher

79mY7rl.jpg

hclnv5v.jpg

edit: awesome 100th post!

edit 2: I may have snuck a hit of pineapple express before my next errand. I may have gotten a really nice cloud with exquisite taste using the all-glass stem.

Last edited:

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
The internal light is how the Banksia pod nano is.

Personally I'm not a fan of it as much as the side as it then means I can no longer glance at it from across the house and double check if it forgot it on or not.

I'd rather have BOTH in the same unit.

The internal light is cool and it does provide a nice gentle glow to the glass its attached to, if the room is dark enough.

However the traditional side light is more functional personally.

So put in both and get the best of both, can't drain enough power for me to care.

@ACE OF VAPE

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I respectfully disagree. You are correct when looking at the screen under normal conditions. However, if you try to look "down the barrel" with the stem between your head and a light source, "eclipse" style, you can clearly see residue building up. I think this is a valuable tip that I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere.

Am going to have to give this a try. Don't think I have seen it elsewhere, but who knows? I'm at that point where I seem to forget 2 -3X as much as I learn these days. :hmm:

I will still say that it's probably not the best idea to rely on how screens look. Just clean them every so often with ISO. 99% probably best, but I've never been able to find it - 90% works great, and 70% (or whatever the exact figure is) works OK, too. Just give it a little more time to soak. And, DON'T get the green stuff. You want it as pure as possible. The other 10-30% should be just water.

Nothing wrong with the quick heat clean mentioned in my last post. That will get you through, and probably be sufficient - especially if you remove screen after the high heat and hit it all over (in & out) with a small brush. I use old toothbrush heads, and they seem to work well. Just make sure the screen isn't hot!

My little guy came today! Sweet action on the free 2-day shipping. FCLOVE

I switched to a crotch walnut and it is GORGEOUS! Nothing could prepare me for the size of this thing. It is really tiny. Mine has its light positioned inside the chamber on the bottom plate which the heater rises out of rather than embedded into the side of the wood. Where I was expecting the light on the outside is a very cool knot in its place. I'm not sure how common this configuration is, but I dig it.

I'm starting off with a little aromatherapy duty using @Reflections suggestion of some beeswax in with the oil. Later when I'm done with my chores for the day, I'll take it for a spin. Can't wait.

One BEAU-TI-FUL nano!!!! Loving the look of that inside light, too. At one time I had wanted to get an inside light on my custom - but forgot when time came. No worries - I love her just the same!

Can't wait to hear how you like yours.

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
@ataxian How the fuck can you stand your cable to be that windy?
(wound up, knotted wind-ey idk the proper grammar for that lol)
:2c::puke::2c:

I make it a HUGE point to flip the nano clockwise, then UN-flip it counter clockwise when using it inverted (90%+ of use)

This ensures the cable is always smooth and flat, not a crazy twisted mess.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped

I make it a HUGE point to flip the nano clockwise, then UN-flip it counter clockwise when using it inverted (90%+ of use)

I've found it to work great either way. And, love to watch it spin in free air when I flatten her out.

Many issues here, fortunately OCD isn't one. OK, maybe not so fortunately..... it is time to clean the messy house again!:D

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
I've found it to work great either way. And, love to watch it spin in free air when I flatten her out.

Many issues here, fortunately OCD isn't one. OK, maybe not so fortunately..... it is time to clean the messy house again!:D

Yeah, admittedly OCD about cable management has always been a thing for me since my first gaming console.

House cleaning is tomorrow.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

I'm a light weight compared to you!
I don't care if I do it right!
1970 we only had JOINTS and it was free!
We had to walk through fields of COLAS to SURF (real surfing)! (outdoors)

Today we have a NANO!

If the cord is twisted?

Last edited:

greenextinguisher

Right away, I'm having no trouble with cloud production using the all-glass stem. Like I mentioned, I snuck a quick hit of Pineapple Express yesterday. First attempt, with little thought, I just picked it up and hit it at 6 and it was really nice. Great little cloud. Yeah, I read the crap out of this thread and remembered a lot of advice, but I also think the all-glass stem is a nice set of training wheels.

We watched a movie last night and I was dropping in crumbs of Popcorn Kush. I was putting in so little, but getting one really nice cloud and a few little wispy ones. This Kush likes to cloud. Towards the end of the film, I just dumped in the rest of what I had ground and set out to dry. It wasn't much, but maybe a few pinches. The added material really upped the flavor on that hit. I was around 6.5, I think. Really, the flavor took me by surprise. It was intense. I'd estimate the amount of material I used in total for the night was about 1 well-packed S&B dosing capsule. Not much!

I experimented with different amounts of tamping/packing from free-flow to milkshake. The rear-end of the S&B cleaning brush is a perfect fit. I think little-to-no tamping is ideal, but it does mean you are better off keeping things horizontal. I did have a crumb fall out.

Can't wait to move onto the adjustable stem. I like the idea of all glass, but I also like the idea of adjustable! Also, I did get some snacks through and into my mouth, but I was dealing with pretty dry and ground material I had prepped for my grasshoppers. A nug is probably best for this stem.

I can appreciate the functionality of having an external light. I think this one is going to work really well for me. I like the uninterrupted wood exterior and the little bit of blue reflection on the metal interior. It's also cool to look down into the glow while you use it.

throwawaytre3s

My new 18mm GonG should be coming in fairly soon, I can't wait to try out some concentrates through it. I think the enano is underrated for concentrates, with how well it does using the cotton ball method.

A nug is probably best for this stem.

Nah, don't use a nug, convection vaporizers don't work well with whole nugs like that. It's best to use a slightly loose pack for the stem.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
https://www.amazon.com/MG-Chemicals...005DNQX3C/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Here you go. I paid $13 for it 2 years ago, so you may want to add it to your wishlist. Lasts forever, I still have about a quarter left.

Thanks! I may have to pick some up. That damned Amazon.... Is there anything they don't have? Well.... one thing I'd like to see there I guess - meds! But, just as well. I'd have another couple Amazon boxes on my doorstep every week!

Because it's 8% more.

:rofl: Thanks! You know I had to watch it again - just like I do every time somebody posts it!

I mostly have the hang of it, rarely I combust, how do I avoid combustion?

Go back and read that response from @Gray Area area again, and bookmark it! That's pretty much it in a nice tidy nutshell. Stay on your sweet spot (good vapor/no charring) for a while until it hits nice for you every time. Note where everything is with that setup, then play as you like.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I think a lot has to be said about having quality cannabis that's been cured and isn't too damp. When we talk about getting the Nano to respond we have no idea of the quality of an FCers product. If your cannabis seems too damp let it sit out for a day or two before grinding it up.

I've been using my SLX grinder and it's a medium grind but I have a grinder that grinds a little finer and that works too. I have never found cannabis in my mouth after a draw. The screens and the length of the stem helps with that issue for me.

I have better luck with ground cannabis but little nuggets work too. I am a fan of grinding my cannabis when it comes to a vaporizer. I've used little nuggets in the name of science but really prefer my flowers ground.

I'm getting great flavor only until the very end of my 10 min session. Then it's time to dump the ABV for edibles. Usually there's a little life left but I don't appreciate the taste.

It took me just a little while to get the swing of the Enano. I left the screen in the position it came in with the stem originally the first week or two then I lowered it just a little so I could add a little more cannabis without too much restriction.

I use temp anywhere from 6 to 6.5 for flowers. Sometimes I need to turn my cannabis up and sometimes turn in down. It only takes a min for the heater to adjust.

This is my fav vaporizer. The one I use the most.

Edit

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I recommend Boveda 62% packets in storage containers. They used to make 54% packets which might have been better for vaping in my nano, but the 62's work very nicely. After a week or so, dry herb is given just enough humidity and "dank" herb is dried just enough.

I prefer mason jars to store my cannabis too. I tried a standard Jyarz but the base was too narrow for me and it kept tipping over or fumbling out of my hand. Mason jars are wider and easier for me to handle.

I use a small jelly jar to hold my ground up stash.
All other jars are larger with vacuum-sealed lids:
https://www.amazon.com/Mason-Vacuum...g_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=20ZY4RAXEJGECX0Y03PC

Kept in my cool, dark basement, my herb can outlast the apocalypse.

Last edited:

LazyVaper

Hi FC, first post here. I just got an e-nano, and am having a bit of buyer's remorse. Wondering if this community might be able to offer their thoughts. I admit I have not read this entire thread, but I have at least read the "best of" this thread. I'm banking on my use-case being unique enough to not have already been discussed. :uhoh:

First a bit of background on my habits: typically, my wife and I only medicate on Fridays and Saturdays after the kids to go bed. Just a little something to unwind while we veg in front of the TV for a couple hours of adult time. We've been using an Arizer Air for over a year now, with zero complaints. Long before the Air, we had a Volcano, and I ultimately sold it and went back to combustion (until I discovered the Air). My biggest complaints with the Volcano were the bag itself (always noisy) and the overhead of dealing with the thing (lots of parts, plug in, tear down, etc). With little kiddos running around it's not something I can leave out.

A typical night for us with the Air usually involves only one or two sessions shared between the two of us (very rarely we do a third session). This is all off of one load. My wife literally only takes one or two draws per session. She's a lightweight (by her own admission!) and only likes to get a little bit medicated. I think I'm probably "average" in terms of tolerance and medication-level (or at least not particularly remarkable in either direction).

The only reason I bought the e-nano was a bad case of VAS. I remember reading about it back when I was doing research on portables, around the time I got the Air. I always kept it in the back of my mind as something I wanted to try.

OK, now to the remorse part: in a nutshell, it's the (lack of) convenience compared to the Air. To be fair, even before purchasing the e-nano, I watched some YouTube videos on it (and it's "brother", the UnderDog), and thought I might get annoyed with the extra steps required to use it. But I thought the vapor quality itself might make up for it.

So, the good points: I like that it has "infinite" power: I plug it in, and don't have to worry about turning it off and running out of battery. But, since I practically never do more than three sessions with the Air, battery life has never been an issue for me. E-nano vapor quality is indeed outstanding, and I'm sure I haven't even perfected the technique yet. Clouds are massive, first hit taste is unbelievably good, and it takes fewer hits overall to get where I want to be (compared to the Air). Strictly looking at vapor quality alone, my experience perfectly resonates with every other positive review of the e-nano. (On the efficiency aspect: hard to say. I use so little in the first place, that I think I'm unlikely to notice any efficiency gains. And I think the Air is reasonably efficient anyway.)

But, the downsides (for me): after the first hit, the taste seems to degrade quickly, turning into "burnt popcorn". Also, the vapor feels hotter and drier to me, so it's a little harsher on my throat. On the other hand, I'm still working on my technique, so maybe these points will work themselves out with some more practice? (I do think this thing would be absolutely killer through a bong, but that's one more piece of paraphernalia to lug around.)

The other thing is the cord itself. It's the "other edge" in the double-edge sword of AC power. Good edge is, as I mentioned, effectively "unlimited" power. Bad side is it's kind of klunky. My wife and I sit on the couch. I have the device plugged in near me, and the cord won't reach to her. So she either has to get up and come sit right next to me, or I have to unplug it and hand it to her. Not sure how long it will retain heat while unplugged. Of course I could get an extension cord, but that's one more klunky thing to haul around. (First-world problems, I know!)

Last annoyance would be the greater amount of "stuff" I have to haul in and out: the device itself, the cord, the pick, and even my stash, as I've been using smaller loads than I do with the Air. I usually have to reload once or twice. That means I also need a flashlight, since it's dark when we're hanging out and trying to watch TV...

To be clear, I'm not trying to knock the e-nano at all! The build quality is great as far as I can tell, it works exactly as advertised, vapor quality is indeed terrific. I'm just not so sure the fundamental design is well-matched to my particular use-case (so I'm pretty sure my issues would apply to the UnderDog as well).

So just looking for any thoughts from any other "casual" or "convenience-oriented" (read: lazy) vapers out there.

Edit: I should add, the other things I really like about the e-nano are: the all steel/ceramic/glass vapor path; beautiful natural wood housing (I got premium walnut); overall simple design (should mean less to break or have issues).

TeeJay1952

So other than great taste, reliability, good clouds, good build, infinite power you find it to be somewhat allot of effort to use and maintain?
Perhaps it is more suited to the constant user. May I refer you a ..... I am not sure what you want. A mod for CO2 oil? I am a daily user and Love Nano and Udog. I found less is more. Bigger results with Less Amounts.

VAS is a killer. I bought a CO2 pen and cart today. Don't need it but like to have all tools in the warchest.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Hi FC, first post here. I just got an e-nano, and am having a bit of buyer's remorse. Wondering if this community might be able to offer their thoughts. I admit I have not read this entire thread, but I have at least read the "best of" this thread. I'm banking on my use-case being unique enough to not have already been discussed. :uhoh:

First a bit of background on my habits: typically, my wife and I only medicate on Fridays and Saturdays after the kids to go bed. Just a little something to unwind while we veg in front of the TV for a couple hours of adult time. We've been using an Arizer Air for over a year now, with zero complaints. Long before the Air, we had a Volcano, and I ultimately sold it and went back to combustion (until I discovered the Air). My biggest complaints with the Volcano were the bag itself (always noisy) and the overhead of dealing with the thing (lots of parts, plug in, tear down, etc). With little kiddos running around it's not something I can leave out.

A typical night for us with the Air usually involves only one or two sessions shared between the two of us (very rarely we do a third session). This is all off of one load. My wife literally only takes one or two draws per session. She's a lightweight (by her own admission!) and only likes to get a little bit medicated. I think I'm probably "average" in terms of tolerance and medication-level (or at least not particularly remarkable in either direction).

The only reason I bought the e-nano was a bad case of VAS. I remember reading about it back when I was doing research on portables, around the time I got the Air. I always kept it in the back of my mind as something I wanted to try.

OK, now to the remorse part: in a nutshell, it's the (lack of) convenience compared to the Air. To be fair, even before purchasing the e-nano, I watched some YouTube videos on it (and it's "brother", the UnderDog), and thought I might get annoyed with the extra steps required to use it. But I thought the vapor quality itself might make up for it.

So, the good points: I like that it has "infinite" power: I plug it in, and don't have to worry about turning it off and running out of battery. But, since I practically never do more than three sessions with the Air, battery life has never been an issue for me. E-nano vapor quality is indeed outstanding, and I'm sure I haven't even perfected the technique yet. Clouds are massive, first hit taste is unbelievably good, and it takes fewer hits overall to get where I want to be (compared to the Air). Strictly looking at vapor quality alone, my experience perfectly resonates with every other positive review of the e-nano. (On the efficiency aspect: hard to say. I use so little in the first place, that I think I'm unlikely to notice any efficiency gains. And I think the Air is reasonably efficient anyway.)

But, the downsides (for me): after the first hit, the taste seems to degrade quickly, turning into "burnt popcorn". Also, the vapor feels hotter and drier to me, so it's a little harsher on my throat. On the other hand, I'm still working on my technique, so maybe these points will work themselves out with some more practice? (I do think this thing would be absolutely killer through a bong, but that's one more piece of paraphernalia to lug around.)

The other thing is the cord itself. It's the "other edge" in the double-edge sword of AC power. Good edge is, as I mentioned, effectively "unlimited" power. Bad side is it's kind of klunky. My wife and I sit on the couch. I have the device plugged in near me, and the cord won't reach to her. So she either has to get up and come sit right next to me, or I have to unplug it and hand it to her. Not sure how long it will retain heat while unplugged. Of course I could get an extension cord, but that's one more klunky thing to haul around. (First-world problems, I know!)

Last annoyance would be the greater amount of "stuff" I have to haul in and out: the device itself, the cord, the pick, and even my stash, as I've been using smaller loads than I do with the Air. I usually have to reload once or twice. That means I also need a flashlight, since it's dark when we're hanging out and trying to watch TV...

To be clear, I'm not trying to knock the e-nano at all! The build quality is great as far as I can tell, it works exactly as advertised, vapor quality is indeed terrific. I'm just not so sure the fundamental design is well-matched to my particular use-case (so I'm pretty sure my issues would apply to the UnderDog as well).

So just looking for any thoughts from any other "casual" or "convenience-oriented" (read: lazy) vapers out there.

Edit: I should add, the other things I really like about the e-nano are: the all steel/ceramic/glass vapor path; beautiful natural wood housing (I got premium walnut); overall simple design (should mean less to break or have issues).

Well, I'm not sure exactly what your looking for, but I can tell you that you have two very nice vapes there. Comparing the two is not often done because you're comparing apples to oranges. A portable to a plug-in. Both are tops in their own class.

I am similar in that I can't leave my vape stuff out and use mostly in the evening. The nano does have the cord and the warm up time and it is somewhat stationary, but that is the trade for excellent performance. Battery-powered portables are designed to be on-the-go and will often "win" when it comes to quick use and mobility, but they often have limited power and time of use. I have never owned a solo or air but know that reports show they can pack a lot of power and will easily meet your needs for the amount of use of you and your wife. So I guess if the air does everything you need and you're happier with it then keep it. You could keep the nano as a back-up or trade off between the two, or sell the nano.

I have found with all my portables that something can often go wrong: dead battery, half-dead battery, broken torch, out of butane, etc. but the nano is 100% foolproof as long as the power doesn't go out. For me, the nano would be the last vape I'd sell. But if I never vaped at home or needed to vape on-the-go, it wouldn't be my first choice.

With either vape, if you are getting harsh hits that hurt your throat then look at adding a small bubbler to your vape. Vaping through water helps the most with that issue and I love it.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Welcome @LazyVaper
Sounds to be like it's basically a cord issue. Maybe sitting on the sofa it's just easier using a portable. I get that. I use my Solo in the middle of the night when I get a pain flair up. The Enano would be more difficult for me to use in bed. I also have an Air which I use on the go.

I use my Enano at a table myself. It may serve as a unit that you may want to use at a kitchen table. It is after all considered a desk style unit. It sounds like you have figured it out and are happy with how it functions and vaporizes flowers.

I can understand how when sitting in the dark with the wife on the sofa the Enano is not going to be like the AA.

Maybe there's a way you can figure out an easier way to utilize the Enano. Best wishes and welcome aboard.

I can't remember where this was but I saw a whip set up with a log vape. I wonder if that is something you could explore? I have a whip set up for my Solo. @Ed's TnT made the WonG and the mouthpiece for me and we used the whip from the Herbalizer. There's always a way to salvage things. There's a lot of MacGyvoring that happens around here. Which spurs great ideas. I've thought about having one made for my Enano. I would just use the tubing I already have.

Last edited:
Top Bottom