flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I think I'm finally getting the hang of the E-Nano! Got high, still only getting a few hits and greenish abv but I may lower the screen to fit in more, not sure though.

Did you watch that video, yet?

It's certainly up to you. Your nano, your stash that you're paying for, etc. But, less is more with nano (and most convection vapes). Think about it.... when vaporizing with convection you're drawing heated air through your material. You want the hot air to contact as much of that material as you can before you dump it. This is why ground material gives more vapor (or you can go whole nug then grind somewhere before you dump). The more heated air contacting all of your material, the browner it will get. Sometimes it is not enough heat that leaves your abv greener. Until you get your heat up, there isn't enough heated air to roast out the vapor. Drawing too fast (or hard) can pull the heated air through quicker than optimal, which will leave greenish abv. The other reason you see greenish abv is because you have more in the load than your current heat and draw can roast easily.

Short answer... if you're doing everything else pretty well, and getting greenish abv, you should load LESS.

Again, you can push that screen down and put a whole damned half gram in there. It will all vape eventually with plenty of stirring and shaking (though it is probably going to taste like dog shit long before fully vaped). Try going with a smaller load. Make sure it is pretty dry (so you're vaping the good stuff instead of moisture out of your material). Give it at least a medium grind so there is more surface area in the load for the heated air to contact. Draw slow and steady. Not painfully slow, but more like hitting on a joint that's rolled a little too tight than as if you're doing one hits through a bong. Don't be ashamed to have to take 2 hits to clear your stem or bubbler - at least not while you're figuring things out. Take a long slow draw until you can't handle any more, exhale, then clear whatever vapor is still left. Give it a stir after a hit or two to spread out and move around the material that hasn't been vaped, yet. Always be sure to give it a stir and hit it one more time, even when you think it's spent. The worst that is going to happen to you is that you'll get a hit that isn't quite "full" of vapor. But, chances are you'll still be getting a good amount of good stuff - even if you don't see visible vapor on exhale.

Or, just save all of your abv and make some potent edibles or whatever. Or, find a friend that will vape your half vaped abv to get the rest out of it. But, please don't just throw that greenish abv away! That's like drinking half (OK, maybe 3/4) of a good beer and dumping the rest down the drain before you grab another cold one.

@Reflections is spot on. It took most of us a little practice to get what we do out of our nanos. I like to say the nano will work, produce vapor, and catch you a buzz right out of the box. But, with a little practice and tweaking it will become amazing. That practice will help you find your own personal preferences and sweet spots. And, practice is fun! It's not like having to practice piano or something as a 10 year old just to make someone else happy. If you're like most, you'll be getting stoned and getting a little better with getting the most out of you nano the whole time you're practicing.

One other thing that I think is obvious, but can't really remember if it was from the start. The closer your load, the lower the heat you need. So in essence, you can go real close (1-2mm from heater cover screen to material) with a lower heat - or open up your distance to 7-8mm or more and turn the heat up a little, and get the same flavor and effect. It's actually not that simple, or easy to maintain your hits with this. But, it may help make things a little more clear as you practice and play. I find it easier to find my sweet-ish spot with heat first, then fine tune with slight screen adjustment.

Check this out if you haven't yet, too. Only a few posts here (and think the program has kind of died off), but loads of great info. Or, just do a search on my name (and a few others who you'll see here and there) and look for the real long posts. They usually have the better tips and tricks.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@bengaltiger Others are spot on. Stirring your load is a good idea to redistribute the cannabis. The green looking ABV still has a lot of goodies left. I hope you have well cured product at hand. Wet cannabis doesn't work very well in a vaporizer.

Adjusting the screen depth is a good idea, I find the e-pic distance as measurement works well for me but we are all different. Trying different temperatures to see what you like best and different amounts of cannabis.

In the name of science it looks like more experimenting is required. Enjoy your new vaporizer. It's a great little unit that packs a big punch.
I was surprised how small it was when I first received mine.

Edit
A too tight of a draw usually means the stem is butting up against the heater. Make sure you use a loose pack, you need good air flow.

Last edited:

nihil

Member, Known Well
@bengaltiger

Experiment.

With experience, I guarantee that you will find 5 or 7 ways to get medicated with the nano. Stems, GonG's and glass, carbed adaptors, whip tubing, J-hooks.. all work wonderfully after some trial and error. Sometimes I reach for some pre-grind that was sitting in a jar for the past 7 months, other times it is fresh from the store and broken apart by my fingers right before vaping (currently Super Silver Haze for the win!).

I have simple methods for it all, sometimes more heat, sometimes a GonG and some glass. Just fuck around. If you combusted a typical bong a few bowls a night, that would be enough to last the nano a few days as well as a few nights. Best advice I could give after owning a few of these and getting perfect results everytime: fuck around with it. In a few weeks you will have a technique or 5 down perfectly. In a few months you'll start recommending it to anybody that will listen. In a few years you will be gifting them.

This vape is fucking amazing what you can do with it. Get to know it, you're not going to waste much product doing so.

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
Lately I've been running my screens about 1-2mm below the e-pic distance, a bit further from heat. Now I'm getting 2 really good hits and usually a light third from a lightly tamped load (used to mostly only get 2 hits per load with screen closer), then it's usually brown and done. Depends on your nano, the plug it's plugged into, the temp setting on dial, strength/length of draw, amount loaded etc.....so many ways to do it, all of them usually fun to try!

^^^^^^ahahaha....I just gifted one after only owning my first one for several MONTHS, not years!!

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Lately I've been running my screens about 1-2mm below the e-pic distance, a bit further from heat. Now I'm getting 2 really good hits and usually a light third from a lightly tamped load
That's pretty much exactly how I use mine.
I think I'm finally getting the hang of the E-Nano! Got high, still only getting a few hits and greenish abv but I may lower the screen to fit in more, not sure though.
There were a lot of great replies to this, I'd like to add something.

If this is your first convection vape you will find the ABV will be lighter than you are used to. I find that with conduction vapes my material ends up a lot darker than my convection vapes, everything else being equal.

I can even put my convection ABV in a conduction vape, and I won't get any more effects or vapor but the herb gets darker.

I believe it is a result of the direct contact with the heat source that causes this.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
If this is your first convection vape you will find the ABV will be lighter than you are used to. I find that with conduction vapes my material ends up a lot darker than my convection vapes, everything else being equal.
I can even put my convection ABV in a conduction vape, and I won't get any more effects or vapor but the herb gets darker.
I believe it is a result of the direct contact with the heat source that causes this.

I am guilty of having a ridiculous vaporizer collection.
Please let's not talk about the errors of my ways!

The NANO is left on 24/7! (level 6.0)

Tonight (before I brush my teeth) PEOPLE cannabis strain (very strong) level 6.0 is all I can handle?

I think I might have over medicated myself?

At least it's = CIVILIZED

LOVE = NANO

throwawaytre3s

I am guilty of having a ridiculous vaporizer collection.
Please let's not talk about the errors of my ways!

The NANO is left on 24/7! (level 6.0)

Tonight (before I brush my teeth) PEOPLE cannabis strain (very strong) level 6.0 is all I can handle?

I think I might have over medicated myself?

At least it's = CIVILIZED

LOVE = NANO

Ataxian, you have you an insane glass collection, too.

I'm excited to get my gong in soon, it should be here friday according to usps. First time running my nano in months!

bengaltiger

Thanks for the replies, guys! I'll try packing it less, what are some other reasons that I'm getting green ABV but no vapor after the first hit? And would enough grinded material to just cover the screen still work?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Ataxian, you have you an insane glass collection, too.

I'm excited to get my gong in soon, it should be here friday according to usps. First time running my nano in months!
I have so much glass and lot's of vaporizers I never use?

The NANO I use a lot because it's Little and powerful. (easy to use)
I have a 18mm GonG and a 14mm GonG (ready to die) My stem is in pieces.

Collecting is a sickness = NOT CIVILIZED

I was cleaning my garage yesterday and found boxes of fitting's and vaporizer's I never tried?

CANNABIS if you use it all is very = CIVILIZED (8 different strains) LOVE is plenty of MEDINCE
Thanks for the replies, guys! I'll try packing it less, what are some other reasons that I'm getting green ABV but no vapor after the first hit? And would enough grinded material to just cover the screen still work?

I don't have a pick?

However loose pack your herb to get improved results.
Air Flow is practical. (MEDIUM GRIND NOT FINE)

Good luck!
@CarolKing I had GPD before my nap yesterday and talk about a one/two punch?
Last night my SWEET HAWAIIAN SKUNK was all I needed to dose off! (flavor to da max)
Your very inspiring!

Last edited:

greenextinguisher

This is a party I think I want to join. Mostly because @ataxian reminds me of a real life friend, but the rest of you aren't too bad either. ;)

Seriously, awesome vibes in this thread. An affordable device that looks good and has an ideal process for extracting goodies, always ready to go and doubles as an aromatherapy machine. If that's wrong, then I don't want to be right!

walnut: ordered. Nothing too fancy, but I think it will come pretty close to the look of my stained bamboo desktop, where it will live. I will sip from it dry when I want to.

Yes, I have VAS. It is a journey. I am CIVILIZED? :sherlock:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
This is a party I think I want to join. Mostly because @ataxian reminds me of a real life friend, but the rest of you aren't too bad either. ;)

Seriously, awesome vibes in this thread. An affordable device that looks good and has an ideal process for extracting goodies, always ready to go and doubles as an aromatherapy machine. If that's wrong, then I don't want to be right!

walnut: ordered. Nothing too fancy, but I think it will come pretty close to the look of my stained bamboo desktop, where it will live. I will sip from it dry when I want to.

Yes, I have VAS. It is a journey. I am CIVILIZED? :sherlock:
WELCOME to the PARTY!
TO vape all day is CIVILIZED.

I have a powerfull desk top i use before bed.
The NANO is my 420 and beyond machine.

WELCOME to CIVILIZATION

nihil

Member, Known Well

I just reread all of your posts and it seems like you are missing the sweet spot with either a) screen height, b) heater distance, or c) temperature.

For a) look very closely at carolkings post with the two pictures. The first picture shows how deep the screen should be. To check for proper depth, make sure the notch on the epick touches the glass rim of the stem and that the end of the epick touches the screen. Adjust screen depth accordingly.

Picture two shows the shorter rounded side of the epick. Load some material so that the shorter post barely touches your material. This will take care of issue b).

Lastly, for issue c), leave your enano at 6.5 for 30 minutes and try a hit. If it is weak, bump it up to 6.75, wait 5 minutes, and see if that helps. Keep adjusting (and reloading material as needed) until you find the sweet spot.

Also, I see that you stated that your material was fairly dry. That is good. How ground is it?

Some other items to consider would be a clogged screen. I'd avoid mixing the concentrates into the mix until you can get desirable vapor production dialed in first.

My experience with both my enanos is consistent. I load my material as described above, get 2 or 3 very cloudy hits, stir, then I get a few more weaker hits. Once I see the ABV is a light brown, I dump it into a mason jar to cook with at a later date.

Lastly, I'm fortunate to live in a state where I can take a quick walk to the corner store and buy some cannabis for recreational use. I'm currently holding about 50 different strains and only 3 or 4 don't produce as much vapor as the others. The longer I let them sit (preground in a Jyarz or Cvault) the better the vapor production becomes. So my question to you is, can you try a different strain to see if that is the issue?

Post back if you have any questions, I'm at home sick today and will check in from time to time. I know this is a "stoner" forum and sometimes people gleam over posts, especially longer ones, but everyone has given you some great advice so far. Are you following it? Don't take that the wrong way, but that is a common issue I see with people asking questions and not getting results. Let's eliminate that one right off the bat and get you where you need to be. I've turned on 10+ people to this vape and once they learned it they have all expressed how fucking awesome it is.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Some nanos run a little hot and some run a little cooler. What is one person's sweet spot might not be somebody else's. It's just a lot of experimenting sometimes. The green @bengaltiger in you ABV means somethings not working right for you. It sounds to me that you need to amp your heat up a bit. You should be able to use the nano as a 1 or 2 hitter or as session vaporizer.

My sessions I don't normally count the hits but I can get at least 10 hits from my sessions. I stir my flowers at least once. I'm hoping that your product isn't too damp.

Edit
Good point @nihil about the draw speed. Slow and steady wins the race with the nano.

Last edited:

nihil

Member, Known Well
Good points @Reflections & @CarolKing, I forgot about draw speed. Go slow, enjoy it.. my typical draws are 4 to 7 seconds and I don't pull hard. Massive clouds this way.

And if the bud is damp, you're basically fucked. Let it dry out in the open air for 12-24 hours. If ground, it will dry out quicker. Although, I have vaped fresh & sticky finger shredded material with okay results, but I'd typically turn up the heat. I only do this when it is a strain I've been looking for for a while and am too excited to let is cure for a few days.

bengaltiger

I have dry bud that I had for a while (unfortunately I can't just go to the store and get more). I moved the screen a bit closer to where the small end of the E-Pic goes, I'll see if that makes any difference in performance. If I'm meant to use the longer end of the E-Pic to measure screen depth, how should I do that? I looked at the picture but I'm still not sure what to do. The material is well ground up, almost like a powder (I use a coffee grinder).

Also, how often should I clean the screen? Thanks so much guys for all your help, by the way! I'm glad I joined FC!

Also, I heat it up at 10, then lower it to around 7 or so. I wait until the E-Nano is warm to the touch before using it. And I stir after every hit.

Last edited:
bengaltiger,

CarolKing

See the little nich in the longer end of the e-pic. Suggested height is the bottom of the e-pic sitting on the screen. The niche is where the top of the glass rests.

Mine is set just a little lower because I use a little more cannabis in my stem because I like more than a couple draws off my load. I'm more interested in a session of 10 min. I hope that makes sense.

bengaltiger

Is the longer end of the E-Pic outside or inside the stem when measuring? Sorry if my questions are dumb, I want to perfect the use of this vaporizer and realize its efficiency!

bengaltiger,

nihil

Member, Known Well
Again, place the longer prong of the epick so that it rests on the screen, the notch should rest on the glass. Another way to word this, the screen should be 5/8" (1.5875cm) deep into the stem. EDIT: The epick is INSIDE the stem. Notch resting on the lip of the glass tube.

If your material is too ground, that could cause it to clog the screen. A course grind works best (for me). You shouldn't feel too much resistance when you draw. If you do, you either loaded to much, your material is ground too fine, or your screen is dirty.

Cleaning depends on usage. I simply look through my stem against a bright light (a white image on a computer monitor works) to see how clean it is. Do you sill have the tube the stem came in? If so, add a little alcohol (preferably 99%) and let it soak in there for a few hours and then rinse it out. Even though the alcohol turns brown, it can be reused as long as it doesn't evaporate, so recap the stem tube for future use.

The best way to screen the screen is to remove it, soak it in alcohol for a day or two, then brush it with a toothbrush, but the simpler method works fine in my experience.

bengaltiger

I see. I still feel like I'm only getting one or no hits from it, and I moved the screen a bit closer. I really hope I can figure this out and don't have to return it. The dial is a bit over 7.5, and I'm not really getting visible hits. I'm getting a bit frustrated.

EDIT: I'm not really getting draw resistance, so I don't think the stem is clogged.

Top Bottom