Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
My screens accumulate small particles of cannabis around the edge, and soaking in iso won't dislodge those particles so I just pop out the screen and give it a quick scrub, takes less than a minute. Than I rinse and let it dry while the stem soaks.

I've tried pushing the screen down and removing the residue but there's always a little bit that sticks to the screen. And I am a little OCD unfortunately so I like to get it 100% clean.

I tried the simple soak in iso without touching the screen when I first got my E-Nano and it worked great, but I could see some particles on the screen afterward. It didn't affect functionality but it bothered me nonetheless.

If I wasn't neurotic I would be just fine without removing the screen :\

Edit: I don't bring flames anywhere near my vaping equipment.

Eyedunno

I have to say that years of combustion made me despise mesh screens (to the point where I came to use glass--and later titanium--honeycomb screens in metal pipes. But screen maintenance is far less bad with vapes. Most crap brushes off, and ISO takes care of what minor clogs can occur much more easily than with a mesh pipe screen, which can get caked with ash and other nastiness.

Edit: I do still think there's room for improvement with E-nano stems, how cruddy they get around the edges. But I'll wait and see what Ed has come up with (I think even if it does start to look like that around the edges, it will bother me less with metal than with clear glass). :)

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
and it only requires an hour or two of soaking.
No matter how dirty my glass is, filling 1/3 of the glass tube with iso and cupping both ends and shaking, then rinsing with super hot water always gets my glass spotless within 2 minutes, no soak required if you ever want a quick wash ;)

ON A SIDE NOTE

Look who's new bubbler showed up from our friend Mr. Sunshine ;)

WoodyWeedPecker

I tried the simple soak in iso without touching the screen when I first got my E-Nano and it worked great, but I could see some particles on the screen afterward. It didn't affect functionality but it bothered me nonetheless.
Do you shake the screens while they are soaked in iso? Lately I soak my screens in iso in a small air tight container (the stem container does the job too), shake them, take the screens out of the container, then blow air through them to remove the last remaining residues. They are easy to blow off. Then my screens are completely clean. At other times, I simply use the stem tube container with my screens still inside the stem. It works the same way (take out the screens, out of the stem too, then blow air into them). For the stem, I usually just pass a partially iso soaked tissue (kleenex) through it with my stick to remove all residue and honey oil (I don't collect honey oil, I like to see the vapor when I vape through a clean stem). I'm not sure it's the best method but I try to use the fastest one while keeping my screens and stems 100% clean.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Do you shake the screens while they are soaked in iso? Lately I soak my screens in iso in a small air tight container (the stem container does the job too), shake them, take the screens out of the container, then blow air through them to remove the last remaining residues. They are easy to blow off. Then my screens are completely clean. At other times, I simply use the stem tube container with my screens still inside the stem. It works the same way (take out the screens, out of the stem too, then blow air into them). For the stem, I usually just pass a partially iso soaked tissue (kleenex) through it with my stick to remove all residue and honey oil (I don't collect honey oil, I like to see the vapor when I vape through a clean stem). I'm not sure it's the best method but I try to use the fastest one while keeping my screens and stems 100% clean.
No matter how dirty my glass is, filling 1/3 of the glass tube with iso and cupping both ends and shaking, then rinsing with super hot water always gets my glass spotless within 2 minutes, no soak required if you ever want a quick wash ;)

ON A SIDE NOTE

Look who's new bubbler showed up from our friend Mr. Sunshine ;)
It seems like all of our methods are unique yet require less than two minutes of interaction. I have a couple of spare stems so I'd rather just soak one in iso and not have to shake it up. Those both sound like great methods if you want to use the clean stem right away.

As far as the screen, it's no trouble at all. I keep a dedicated green handled toothbrush for cleaning all my vape equipment. I just scrub the screen with the toothbrush and a little iso for 5-10 seconds. A quick rinse and it's done. It usually takes longer to get it back in the stem.

@ajsitkowski Nice rip! What temp did you have the E-Nano on? I haven't been able to get my D020-D that cloudy yet. I haven't played around with it enough I suppose, I'm usually using the dry stems.

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
... i hit mine between 6.5-6.9... I have had combustion at 7 before using a D022... I know i was drawing too hard at the time.
So now i make sure to keep it just under 7...

just_the_flu,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@Vapor_Eyes
Thank you sir!! I was on 6.5 but Nancy runs a bit hot. It's all about the draw rate tho and how smooth you get it :)
That's true, temp is only part of the equation. Thanks for the fast response.

I've been meaning to post a picture of Hobbes but never got around to it. Here he is:
O4moRS5.jpg

hd_rider

I keep two stems in rotation. I'll use one for three or four days while the other is soaking in ISO. I found that those brown plastic bottles for steak sauce (like an A1 bottle) work great for soaking stems. I prefer to use a bottle rather than the plastic tubes the stems come in because the bottles are much more durable and less prone to breakage / cracking.

49109_SS&MARINADE.jpg

When it's time to switch stems, I pull the "clean" stem from the bottle and drop in the dirty one. The cleaned stem I then rinse in warm, soapy water followed by a pure water rinse and I am ready to go.

After six months or so, the alcohol in the bottle takes on an amber color due to the amount of oils dissolved in it. That's when I'll empty the bottle through a coffee filter and into a glass bowl. The filter removes any fine particulates suspended in the alcohol. I then let the ISO evaporate off, leaving oily goodness that I usually add to my grinder kief.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The Nano stems are really quite thick and the glass doesn't break as easy as the Solo stems. I have broken my Solo stem in the glass container that they come in, because I was using that soaking method with the ISO and was too rough with it while shaking a bit. Glass will break glass so be careful.

The Nano stems might not break they are pretty durable. I just dropped one the other day on my wood floor and it didn't break.

I use the plastic container that the Nano comes in to clean my straight Solo stems too. These plastic containers that the stems comes in are really handy.

Edit
The leftover resin from the stems soaking evaporates leaves something sticky, kinda like shatter but it's darker. I can make an herb & resin sandwich and vape away late at night in the Nano and my D022 bubbler. The perfect nightcap.:leaf::zzz:

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The Nano stems are really quite thick and the glass doesn't break as easy as the Solo stems. I have broken my Solo stem in the glass container that they come in, because I was using that soaking method with the ISO and was too rough with it while shaking a bit. Glass will break glass so be careful.

The Nano stems might not break they are pretty durable. I just dropped one the other day on my wood floor and it didn't break.

I use the plastic container that the Nano comes in to clean my straight Solo stems too. These plastic containers that the nano comes in are really handy.
Normally I break both SOLO and NANO GonG's.
I Have no SOLO GonG's left.
Of my last 4 NANO GonG's I have one left!
The best made water adapter Ìs the LOTUS one.
I may go to a machine shop and have some made out of TÌ-2 or SS!

Eyedunno

If you ever want to spend a few bucks for a slightly less messy experience, you might want to try these:
http://saveabowl.com/collections/frontpage/products/glass-pipe-cleaning-plugstrusty-plugs

The two largest plugs in set #1 work fine for nano stems. If you want to use them on water pieces as well, you'll need #2 or #3.

The leftover resin from the stems soaking evaporates leaves something sticky, kinda like shatter but it's darker.
My understanding is that vape reclaim is mostly THC, so it's sticky. Shatter (and honeycomb wax, and other stuff that's not as sticky, at least when it's cool) is mostly THCA (though it can easily be decarboxylated in the oven or whatever and turned into the same kind of goo).

Last edited:

Bongologist

JoJo Woodworks
Accessory Maker
I made this custom stand for a user here and was so happy with it, I had to show off a little. This is a piece of cherry burl, from my own property, that was made for the Nano, stems, tools, and tray...which, in a great turn of events, holds the customers bubbler perfectly. Very happy with how this turned out.
The Chinacat
NTVUo5D.jpg

More pics here http://www.jojowoodworks.com/#!/Cherry-Burl-Chinacat/p/55441654/category=14334617

AJS

Calm Consistency
I decided to use my D020-D today after watching the video @ajsitkowski posted. I set up my phone to record it and was surprised how much better it looked on camera. What seemed like skim milk to me was whitewalling my piece on camera. I am working on making a nice video of the E-Nano in action.
Wooh! Glad it worked out for you. In order for me to get the best angle/light, I normally wait until it's pretty dark in my room (doesn't need to be completely dark, you just don't want a glare). Turn on the light on your phone assuming you have one, and either hold it out to the side and shine it on your D020-d, or lean it up against your bubbler. Milk will make your neurons big and strong! ;)

Edit: Every time I vape it's basically an experiment to get the largest hit with the least amount of drag, least amount of harshness, and least amount of browning, with the highest amount of satisfaction. It's.....a longitudinal study ;)

hd_rider

One of the things I don't like is how hot the eNano gets during prolonged use. Granted, the wood does not get so hot to burn you, but I do find it uncomfortable enough that (until recently) I always grasped the eNano from the bottom inch or so, fingers above and below the cord.

Being somewhat of a leather craftsman, I decided to make a new "Vaping Jacket" for my eNano. I took some thick leather, dyed it brown, laid out a pattern, and stitched it up!

This one was just a "first attempt" to prove out the design / fit. I might make up another one or two, next time hand-tooling some sort of design into the leather.

What say you, fellow nanites?

Fl133zT.jpg

oRjUfxe.jpg

Top Bottom