phooka

Im not gonna spend more on glass than my vape.

If you want to that's fine by me, support whomever you'd like.
That's a shame, I'm sorry. You obviously don't realize the work that goes into blowing glass.

Though, due to competition with China glass, most local blowers are forced to sell their products at crazy low prices just to make a living. So quality glass is actually quite affordable if you know where to look.

Chinese glass prodo shops bring a whole new level to the term sweat shop..

I'm working on the 20 hit extraction method, and it works. :lmao:
Last night's hash patty ^_^

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The amount of china glass in this thread makes me so uneasy... We've got this beautifully crafted, Made in USA vaporizer, and we're going to stick it on some janky china glass? Nah.. All American here, thank you very much.. Support local blowers! :peace:
@phooka sorry your offended!

When I dropped a $500 piece of glass onto my limestone floors?
Guess what it broke after the first session!
The following week I bought another $370 piece of glass!
They were both made in California!

I broke 30 stems of my SOLO and as many GonG's!
The NANO I broke all my stems and GonG's!

I use a NANO the most because it's easy to use and I have plenty of GonG's for my NANO!
I will visit my buddies machine shop and have some GonG's made in CalifONIA. (stainless)

I can buy a $2000 glass water pipe in the USA if I want too!
To break it the day I get it?
If it cost $50 and I break it I laugh!
When it cost over $300 and break it after one session I cry!

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
My Nano works wonderful on the cheap glass. I don't feel comfortable late at night medicated and handling a $200 - $500 piece of glass. If I had something that expensive I would have to set it up on a shelf and just enjoy looking at it. Of course if I had lots of $ it wouldn't matter I guess, but that's me.:) You do what's best for you.

Many of the vaporizers are made in China, not the Nano of course. I have one of my fav strain this week called The White that I'm enjoying - it has a pine flavor.
:2c::leaf:

EDIT
If you spend less on expensive glass that leaves more $ for product.

I have gone to the head shops locally and for pieces that look like what I have they want $350. It doesn't look any better quality than my glass.

Last edited:

phooka

@ataxian Not sure which of the 3 to reply to :p but I'm not offended at all. All is love :) :cheers:
Didn't realize you had such butter fingers guys and gals! I guess my zen practice has taught me to be very mindful. Can't remember the last piece I broke :shrug:

There's a sexy Redwood Burl E-Nano over at epicvape... must resist...

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian Not sure which of the 3 to reply to :p but I'm not offended at all. All is love :) :cheers:
Didn't realize you had such butter fingers guys and gals! I guess my zen practice has taught me to be very mindful. Can't remember the last piece I broke :shrug:

There's a sexy Redwood Burl E-Nano over at epicvape... must resist...
Remember some of us our cannabis need is medical while others do it for recreational needs.

Good vibes!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Yes, that's what I do. I'm sure there are plenty of ways to skin the cat, but that's how I do it.

:peace:
Thanks Stu for your visuals. I get it now and think I got the stuff needed to make them.
(P.S. If anyone is interested he also gave me a couple first impressions that I'd be happy to share with you guys!)

Yes, I would be interested also.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I'm all for supporting USA made products. There are several reasons I purchased a piece from China. One of the main reasons is because I haven't used a water tool in about 15 years, and I have no idea what I'm doing or even what I'm looking for in a piece. I don't want to drop $300+ on a piece and realize it's not for me. I'm not even sure I'll like using water, it's an extra hassle, and reduces flavor which I'm all about.

I also plan on using this as my travel piece. I'm definitely not taking an expensive piece out and about unless it's a really special occasion.

I plan on purchasing one or two good American pieces eventually, but my budget can't handle it right now since I just bought a nano and a bunch of cannabis to use with it. For the price of a lower end expensive American piece of glass you could buy a new/spare exotic E-Nano, a few gongs, and a piece or two of China glass.

The best scenario would be if an American company started mass producing affordable, quality glass. Obviously not as high quality as the handcrafted pieces, but for the most part it sounds like the China pieces function well enough and are fairly sturdy. I would happily pay $80-$100 for some decent American glass instead of $30-$45 for a similar piece from China. But that is currently a segment of the market that is not being served, it's a great business opportunity though.

I went to a local head shop recently to check out their glass out of curiosity. It was laughable, their $250 dollar pieces didn't remotely compare to cheap China glass. The few scientific pieces they had were very basic and even more expensive.

But all this talk about glass is beside the point, it's all about the nano and the high quality vapor it produces. After mastering the basics I've started playing with screen depth. The E-Nano is one versatile beast!

jwusoccer

Does anyone have a way to keep the gong attached to the nano so that it doesn't fall out when taking it off of a bubbler/bong? I've already had 3 gongs broken by various friends just getting way too stoned and accidentally dropping them haha. I was thinking about using a rubber band, but I think it would burn if the glass got too hot and I don't want to be inhaling rubber.
Another idea i had was to stack silicon onto the bottom portion of the gong until it is wide enough to press against the walls of the nano itself but I don't know if that would affect airflow in any way

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Does anyone have a way to keep the gong attached to the nano so that it doesn't fall out when taking it off of a bubbler/bong? I've already had 3 gongs broken by various friends just getting way too stoned and accidentally dropping them haha. I was thinking about using a rubber band, but I think it would burn if the glass got too hot and I don't want to be inhaling rubber.
Why not leave it (the gong) in the WT?

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Just had an epic vape session. I loaded .02 grams of perfectly cured cannabis. The screen was pushed back an extra millimeter or so away from the heater. Temp was 6.5 with a medium draw speed. I was expecting my usual 2 hits with possibly a weak third hit, but ended up getting 5 solid hits. With .02 grams.

:sherlock::science: :whoa: :zzz:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Thanks Stu for your visuals. I get it now and think I got the stuff needed to make them.
I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that the size of the drill bit I was referring to (3/8") was used to make basket screens for the Okin and don't actually fit the E-Nano. The E-Nano stems have a wider diameter and will need a larger diameter hole and rod to properly make basket screens for the Nano. I apologize for providing false info, but I'm prone to taking marijuanas in excess and sometimes get my facts mixed up.:disgust:

I plan on making a new hole in my plank for screens that'll fit the E-Nano this weekend and will report my findings once the proper diameter has been determined. The method I described is the same, but please ignore my 3/8" references if you choose to make your own screen jig for the E-Nano.

Mea culpa.

Edit: I'm further embarrassed that the 3/8" bit I was referring to is actually a 5/16" bit.:doh: Fucker is rusted so bad that it's hard to read the writing on it.

I've ordered four different bits from Amazon and will sort this shit out soon enough. Sorry for the confusion. :ugh:

:peace:

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I'm working on the 20 hit extraction method, and it works. :lmao:
I was in the gym business, and 'Planet Fitness", the China of the gym world, started charging $10 a month, destroyed every real trainer / gym who could not charge $10 a month and make a living in the USA.

Now that my strains have names @CarolKing - I love my blackberry kush. I'm going to start journaling the strains, effect, and the like. Right now, the names really have no meaning to me, as I'm kinda unsure what their attributes are.

Blue Dream?
Blackberry Kush?
White Rhino? or White something

I've got like 6 different strains, and wind up naming them by date (IE: 911A), or date and letter if I get two strains on the same day. I'd like to get more into the properties of each. Does anyone have access to a list of strains, effect, etc.?

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

I was in the gym business, and 'Planet Fitness", the China of the gym world, started charging $10 a month, destroyed every real trainer / gym who could not charge $10 a month and make a living in the USA.

Now that my strains have names @CarolKing - I love my blackberry kush. I'm going to start journaling the strains, effect, and the like. Right now, the names really have no meaning to me, as I'm kinda unsure what their attributes are.

Blue Dream?
Blackberry Kush?
White Rhino? or White something

I've got like 6 different strains, and wind up naming them by date (IE: 911A), or date and letter if I get two strains on the same day. I'd like to get more into the properties of each. Does anyone have access to a list of strains, effect, etc.?

The best source I know for describing strains is good ol' Leafly.com. I also enjoy reading the sometimes informative, sometimes ridiculous reviews that people leave (see my signiture below). I also enjoy the articles they produce almost daily.

The best scenario would be if an American company started mass producing affordable, quality glass. Obviously not as high quality as the handcrafted pieces, but for the most part it sounds like the China pieces function well enough and are fairly sturdy. I would happily pay $80-$100 for some decent American glass instead of $30-$45 for a similar piece from China. But that is currently a segment of the market that is not being served, it's a great business opportunity though.

You know, I was memorized by this concept also at one time. I was looking for some glass that was thick, boro scientific and shaped how I wanted it but not the high prices of most american made. Most discussion, including that in the "cheap, affordable glass" thread is all about dhgate. Well I didn't want to use dhgate because of the wait time and the possibility that some customs dude would keep a record of what I was importing. I eventually discovered places like dankstop.com. I ended up with a real nice 10in perc WP for $80 and it was on my doorstop in 2 days with free priority shipping. :spliff:

Sorry mods, back to the e-nano.
I find the opposite with my gong as the previous poster. My gong gets stuck in my pipe, possibly because it is not a frosted joint, and I have to fight with it to release. I find if I pull the nano off the gong while the gong is still in the pipe, some suction will cause a bunch of ABV to fly out and all over the table. I need to pull both gong and nano, then separate the two.

Modnote: Edited to fix quote tags

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaindoh

I, too, am afraid to post in the affordable bubblers thread with anything that's not DHgate. ThickAssGlass (particularly during their many sales) makes a quality product for $100 or less, 5mm+ annealed boro.

Pic for e-Nano relevance and OGB 10mm carb:

Click for big, eNano with 12" fritted disc, 5mm, normally $100; usually goes on sale $80-100 regularly. The OGB carb was a great investment, I can hold the entire piece with my thumb on the carb (I have it turned around and the plug untied now) with one hand.

Last edited:

Frostiestone

Why not leave it (the gong) in the WT?

for me personally, it depends on the WT being used. For higher drag "chugger" pieces, Ive experienced blowback when I leave the gong on, resulting in quite the little mess thats no fun to clean :(. picking it up off of the pipe itself after the nano has been removed can result in some burnt fingers too. HOWEVER:

I think, for most low drag, light diffusion pieces (like a honeycomb tube) its not much of a problem and leaving the gong on is the way to go :nod:

GetLeft

I'm not in a situation that enables me the luxury of being able to use glass with my nano monster, though I'm certainly looking forward to some day having that opportunity!

From what I've seen, the $80-100 niche you point to is being filled but not by US blowers. The last time I stuck my head in my local shop, they were selling lots of dhgate pieces (the same ones we see commonly in the various glass conversations of FC). One side of the shop: $250 - $500 pieces made in USA. The other side: $80 - $150 pieces ($35 - $55 on dhgate) made in China (though the clerk wasn't volunteering that information freely).

US glass blowers and shops would need to partner closely with a good business model (as I'm sure it does in pockets) to bring prices down wide scale on US glass. The only thing I see making that happen is legalization.

max

Out to lunch
US glass blowers and shops would need to partner closely with a good business model (as I'm sure it does in pockets) to bring prices down wide scale on US glass. The only thing I see making that happen is legalization.
Historically there's been a very high markup on glass. Made in China glass has proven to be an inexpensive alternative, although it's not without risks. I don't see US glass makers being willing to drastically drop prices. I just don't think they can compete, price wise. I think cheaper glass will change the market, but it'll likely be a slow process.

BabyFacedFinster

I, too, am afraid to post in the affordable bubblers thread with anything that's not DHgate. ThickAssGlass (particularly during their many sales) makes a quality product for $100 or less, 5mm+ annealed boro.

Pic for e-Nano relevance and OGB 10mm carb:

Hey Jon, your pipe looks a lot like mine :tup:

I like the bend neck, stemless and wide-bottom ;) bubblers.

Mine is labelled as the Dankstop brand, it might be Chinese I guess, but most everything on their site is US and this piece looks and feels of quality.

Yeah, I like the stuff that ThickAssGlass has on their site. The R3DBAND guy reviewed a few of their pieces too. I will say that their are a lot of GravLabs pieces that are pretty reasonable in price too. The extra $40-50 bucks over Chinese is worth the shorter wait, usually excellent customer service if there is an issue (you can talk to somebody) and thick boro glass.

Top Bottom