Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
You can make your own. Be sure to get stainless steel mesh.
I forget the size, but a socket for working on cars, maybe 7mm?
and cut a small square and using a rod, wack it into the socket with a hammer.
I hear the right size ammo shell works great. Have not tried this but will be soon.
I do this, too. Makes perfect basket screens in seconds. I use a 3/8" drill bit (flat end) and it works great.:2c:

:peace:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'd like to see that!
here is the FC187 with a CAISEN and ASH CATCHER.
TyXR1Dd.jpg

I need a few minute to get my D022 loaded!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I do this, too. Makes perfect basket screens in seconds. I use a 3/8" drill bit (flat end) and it works great.:2c:

I'm sorry I'm just not getting it (and I want to). So the basket screen starts as a square not a circle?

You then force it into the opening of a socket with a chopstick or rod and you get a basket screen? What size socket makes the best size basket?

Nice looking glass ataxian! You got all kinds of good stuff hanging off that perc! Looking forward to seeing the D022

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'm sorry I'm just not getting it (and I want to). So the basket screen starts as a square not a circle?

You then force it into the opening of a socket with a chopstick or rod and you get a basket screen? What size socket makes the best size basket?
Here's a couple of pics.

sYHTC2V.jpg

Just a plank of wood with a hole drilled in it just slightly bigger than 3/8" (maybe by a millimeter or so) so that the drill bit has room to jam the screen down through the hole. Completed screens are next to the drill bit.

Here's a picture of the drill bit sitting inside the hole for reference. No, I don't do this with my hands, as it would shred up my hands, so I use the drill itself to hold on to and push the screen through. It has to be a pretty tight fit or the baskets won't be flat on the bottom.

1e7RlN5.jpg

I use a slightly smaller hole to make this plank useful as an Okin holder. :brow:

I start with 1" (round) screens, then trim them down a bit with scissors.

Edit: that is a 5/16" bit and it was used for a different sized basket screen. I'm still working to determine the correct sizes.

Last edited:

jconorr89

So a little background. I originally ordered the Nano on 8/20 and after discussion with Andy, I learned that the batch of kits were lost by USPS and that he would reship on 9/4. Not complaining but my question is for anyone who ordered a maple kit around my time frame. Has anyone received anything yet?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
So a little background. I originally ordered the Nano on 8/20 and after discussion with Andy, I learned that the batch of kits were lost by USPS and that he would reship on 9/4. Not complaining but my question is for anyone who ordered a maple kit around my time frame. Has anyone received anything yet?

Thanks in advance.
I ordered in that time frame and my fiddleback maple was also lost. I contacted Andy and he got back to me right away and arranged a replacement. I contacted him Aug 29th and received the replacement on Sep 4th. He said he was out of stock and had to make more fiddleback maples, I'm not sure if standard maples were in stock. If fiddlebacks were in stock I would have probably had it a couple days earlier.

I've been using it for just about a week now and all I have to say is be patient. Andy will take care of you and once you have your nano in your hands all your worries will melt away...

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Vaporizing accessory FYI - If you have larger screens you can always cut them down with regular scissors to fit whatever size you need.:)
DOH!

I've not really explored the adding screen concept before this. Thanks for the inspiration. I just kinda slipped in a dome screen (from AA / Solo use) into the glass screen stem, pressed in with a Mighty brush handle end (wood, less than 1/4" round). Can't wait to experiment more.

First hit was extreme on 6 - nice. I love how thick and durable these stems are. I only have two, while having like 12 AA stems. I feel these will hold up for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tickdickler

Thanks in advance.

I mailed my unit back to epic for repair mid august and mine was lost as well. Weird thing is that I was told the unit arrived to the post office on the 24th then it vanished. I got a replacement on the way now though.

8isgreat

Thanks in advance.

I ordered a maple kit direct from EpicVape on 9/7 and it is at the local post office for delivery today.

GetLeft

@Stu so you put the drill bit back into the drill upside down then use the drill to push the screen with the flat end of the bit into the hole? I want to make sure I get this right cause I'll be able to do the same thing with a slightly smaller bit to make screens for my Air, too. Thanks for sharing the very useful tip!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Playing with a "white strain"... can't recall the full name. I'll ask my guy next time is speak to him. Anybody here familiar with any strains with "white" fibers? BTW, very good, smooth, and it's still a bit wet (humidity crazy here, and I haven't dried enough, just got it). Last time was blue dream and blueberry kush. I love the names.

White_____? is the question of the day.

shhh... don't tell my AA buddies, but since I vape mostly in two locations in my home only, it's hard not to use the nano (even though I love all my Arizer stuff) now that I got my stations set up (one at desk work station, one at TV hang out station). I only have one nano (which may change depending on future purchases), but two cords all set and ready to turn on.

Caelar900

Emailed Bud form Vape Critic asking if he had any plans to do a review of the Nano anytime soon and just received this email in response!
"Perfect timing with your request I'm actually in the process of reviewing the E-Nano now, should have it posted within a few weeks."​
I think this is great news! Bud is one of the better known reviewers out there and this should really help in getting the Nano name out and give Epic Vape a little more traction in the community!

(P.S. If anyone is interested he also gave me a couple first impressions that I'd be happy to share with you guys!)

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Playing with a "white strain"... can't recall the full name. I'll ask my guy next time is speak to him. Anybody here familiar with any strains with "white" fibers? BTW, very good, smooth, and it's still a bit wet (humidity crazy here, and I haven't dried enough, just got it). Last time was blue dream and blueberry kush. I love the names.

White_____? is the question of the day.

shhh... don't tell my AA buddies, but since I vape mostly in two locations in my home only, it's hard not to use the nano (even though I love all my Arizer stuff) now that I got my stations set up (one at desk work station, one at TV hang out station). I only have one nano (which may change depending on future purchases), but two cords all set and ready to turn on.
I just vaped some White Rhino with the nano at 6.5. No white fibers, but it's perfectly cured and has unbelievable flavor. I've only put 5 strains through my nano so far but the Rhino is easily the tastiest. Lately I've been doing two hit extractions, great flavor and no stirring.

I've had cannabis with white fibers many many years ago, it was vary potent and incredibly tasty, even combusted. I think it was called White Widow, but every time I've seen White Widow since then it hasn't looked like that.

Frostiestone

The amount of china glass in this thread makes me so uneasy... We've got this beautifully crafted, Made in USA vaporizer, and we're going to stick it on some janky china glass? Nah.. All American here, thank you very much.. Support local blowers! :peace:

I disagree with your janky statement, tbh... Ive had some pretty nice pieces from dhgate come in and those feel a lot better to use constantly and carelessly than something i paid 400$ for. Just because the prices are marked up like crazy doesnt mean they get you higher.

phooka

I disagree with your janky statement, tbh... Ive had some pretty nice pieces from dhgate come in and those feel a lot better to use constantly and carelessly than something i paid 400$ for. Just because the prices are marked up like crazy doesnt mean they get you higher.
I agree to disagree, and will happy keep my mouth shut while I puff on my Made in USA Maple E-Nano through my Made in USA German Schott Borosilicate Glass Bubbler :)

Top Bottom