CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Luckily I've never combusted with my Nano. It gives out really wonderful flavor if i don't have the temperature too high. My unit never started smoking and giving out the soot that you are talking about.

It comes down to a great vaporizer as well as the cannabis that you are using. Whatever temperature works for you is the right amount of heat.

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
So I figured I'd give the straight stem another chance.

I packed a small bowl and set it down to 5.5. Instead of a steady draw, I sipped on it like some others have talked about. Much better in terms of flavor and coolness on the throat. I wasn't getting much visible vapor, but I know I was getting something. I turned up the temp to 6 and realized it was mostly all extracted in the first hit.

I shoved the basket screen down a bit more to leave more room for a slightly larger load. I haven't tried it again yet, but I'm looking for a few more hits before the bowl cashes. I bet this will help ;)

phooka

I like the style of that can, but what would that run me? Kinda why I tend to stick with DHGATE because that way if they break I'm not that heartbroken.

sorry this is so off topic.
Got mine for a steal 129 on massdrop. thing rips

phooka

I paid $350 or more for my state side pieces. I don't think I paid more than $50
delivered from my overseas purchases?
You must be extremely rich?
no it's made in cali holmes
sorry to take this off topic.
Had my first convection dab(s) yesterday. My goodness. Got sooo medicated
Tonight, I put straight hash in my GonG. It was a delicious gooey mess. I regret nothing

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
holmes, like homie.. :) or sherlock holmes :sherlock: must be an east cost thing hehe. The brand I am referring to is Crystal Fog.
I'm A California born and raised so maybe I'm behind?
after high school I lived on the beach in Hawaii and I spent 5 years in France Before I spent 4.5 years in Latin America!
I have been back in California for a while now.

Please forgive me for not being hip!

I guess I'm a kook?

GetLeft

I shoved the basket screen down a bit more to leave more room for a slightly larger load. I haven't tried it again yet, but I'm looking for a few more hits before the bowl cashes. I bet this will help ;)

That's my move, too. Put the screen a little further away from the heater to give a little more room for ever so slightly larger loads, loosely tamped. I find myself these days starting light (a pinch at low temp) then stirring in a fresh pinch or so on top of the lightly vaped original load as I come back around. Usually adjusting temps up as I go.

EverythingsHazy

J-hooks are surprisingly smooth with the nano, you'd think without the water filtration it just be a really hot and dry hit but it's just the opposite.

Also I was currious if anyone here uses their nano with either the GB-186, or FC-1000 and how do you like it ? I'm looking to get something a little taller so I don't have to hunch over my desk so badly.
I use mine with BOTH the gb-186 and the FC-1000 lmao... They both work amazingly well with it. The FC-1000 is best for huge hits, because by the time you fill it with vapor, clearing it usually uses up most of the rest of your lung capacity. The Gb-186 is better for smaller (but still very large) hits, with lots of flavor (if you keep the water level at the minimum.

frostyrod

This is the water Pipe I use:

http://www.dhgate.com/product/2015-new-22-5cm-height-glass-bong-matrix/246037819.html
2015-new-22-5cm-height-glass-bong-matrix.jpg

It was like 45 off of dhgate with shipping. No big flat base but it still sits pretty solid, it's pretty solid thick glass, to give size perspective the rounded part of the bottom is about the size of a baseball, as a matter of fact that is how I hold it in my hand when I use it just holding that bottom part. I've had bubbler with other vapes and didn't think I would use this all that much, I was doing dry stem 90% and bubbler 10%. But over the last week it has flipped where I mostly use the bubbler now.

hweezi

formally cwheezy
This is the water Pipe I use:

http://www.dhgate.com/product/2015-new-22-5cm-height-glass-bong-matrix/246037819.html
2015-new-22-5cm-height-glass-bong-matrix.jpg

It was like 45 off of dhgate with shipping. No big flat base but it still sits pretty solid, it's pretty solid thick glass, to give size perspective the rounded part of the bottom is about the size of a baseball, as a matter of fact that is how I hold it in my hand when I use it just holding that bottom part. I've had bubbler with other vapes and didn't think I would use this all that much, I was doing dry stem 90% and bubbler 10%. But over the last week it has flipped where I mostly use the bubbler now.

Yeah I grabbed the D020-d from the Sunshine store (very similar) and it's definitely my go to for using the nano through water, I just don't like having to pick it up or having to hunch over my desk to hit it. Which is why I'm considering the Gb-186 because it has the same perc but two of them. I just want to know if the resistance is going to be the same as the D020-d.

CarolKing

This is a pic from the other day. This is the D020-D bubbler. I don't have to hover over it. I'm not all that tall so maybe it fits me better. I sit in a chair while drawing and the bubbler sits on the table, I do have to stretch a bit.

GO SEAHAWKS! That's a tin of popcorn I bought from the Boy Scouts for $25. It's a donation, I felt sorry for the poor dad standing there with his Boy Scout uniform on too. Plus on a Sunday morning outside the grocery store. What a good dad.

EDIT
Good thing these glass pieces don't cost hundreds of dollars - so we can buy more.

Last edited:

hweezi

formally cwheezy
I use mine with BOTH the gb-186 and the FC-1000 lmao... They both work amazingly well with it. The FC-1000 is best for huge hits, because by the time you fill it with vapor, clearing it usually uses up most of the rest of your lung capacity. The Gb-186 is better for smaller (but still very large) hits, with lots of flavor (if you keep the water level at the minimum.

Okay, so if you could only keep one for the nano, which would it be ?

This is a pic from the other day. This is the D020-D bubbler. I don't have to hover over it. I'm not all that tall so maybe it fits me better. I sit in a chair while drawing and the bubbler sits on the table, I do have to stretch a bit.

Yeah, I've been looking at this one for quite sometime... I hate all these choices.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I find myself these days starting light (a pinch at low temp) then stirring in a fresh pinch or so on top of the lightly vaped original load as I come back around. Usually adjusting temps up as I go.

Very interesting. I never thought of adding fresh on top of vaped herb. What benefits do you get from this?

CarolKing

I've taken the darker ABV on top off and coated the top with fresh herb. The herb below still is a light color. Then after drawing a few times, then I give it a stir. It's just a a different way to use our fav log vape. I don't always use my nano like that.

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
I would like to thank Nadia for her time and patience here at Epicvape. She has moved on to spend time with her family and on other pursuits and is no longer associated with Epicvape. We wish her well.

I will be answering the phone responding to emails and handling RMA's until Clarissa starts next week. Thank you in advance for your patience during this transition. I'm in the process of sorting out some residual RMA issues. If anybody has any outstanding issues, please contact me: Andy@epicvape.com or the phone number listed on the website.

@ACE OF VAPE sorry to hear that! well wishes for Nadia as well as good luck to Clarissa. Wanted to say thank you for making the best log vape out there, and the best vape in general (my opinions of course)! Everyone who says that the nano will keep you satisfied and end the continual search for a better vape is right. I love the simplicity, form factor, function, and everything else about my nano. I have truly stopped looking at new vapes and started looking at glass for the nano! Until something radically new comes along, I don't see myself buying another vape besides more nanos!

I have a question for the nano users as well: Has anyone used this vape with a big steamroller like what grav labs offers? I was thinking about getting one since water seems to diminish the flavor and tge vape is smooth as hell anyway. I want something kinda big that I can milk up also.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Day 5 and I'm still fine tuning everything. The E-Nano does its job excellently, and has a low learning curve. However, like any good instrument, it could take a lifetime to fully master it.

All this talk about temps of different units and I'm pretty sure it's less the temp of the unit itself, but many variables. These include everything from the outlet it's plugged into, ambient temperature, distance between load and heater, draw speed, etc.

I like a higher draw speed so I need a higher temp than most. I can get the same amount of hits and same color ABV with both a tiny load at 7.1 on the nano, and twice as much at 6.5.

Less really is more with the nano. Try using a smaller load further from the heater at a higher temp. I find stirring is much less necessary with this method, I only need to stir for that last hit.

However I'm a nano noob and vapor neophyte so take everything I say with a grain of salt (and a nano hit).

@ACE OF VAPE
Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Best wishes during this transition, and keep up the great work!

Top Bottom