• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
My home situation needs to be a bit stealth. My new roll top desk has provided me with such desktop stealthiness, that my nano is now super stealth while at my desk working (or playing). Great set up. This walnut beauty is a true workhorse.

In my current situation, power cords in the living room don't always work (and I don't even mind using the cord anymore), and it's starting to irritate me. Could you imagine a nano with a battery? I know one day they'll be a cell powerful, small, and inexpensive enough, to be realistic. I just miss my Nano when I can't use it, now that I'm getting pretty good at it.

Miss the power, taste, efficiency. I get so high and use so little herb, it's sick. Thank God I have some good portables that can recreate, to an extent, the glass stem experience. Just can't suck on plastic anymore (and I don't mean plastic AA tips - like those).
I will be making a portable power adapter this winter (after flying season)... been meaning to do it, but other projects have taken priority.

I will male this for personal use and not for resale, but I will post detailed and easy DIY instructions for using 3s to 6s lipo battrries. Unsure of battery capacity needed, but will start with some 3000mah packs, and drop down or up accordingly. I'm hopeful I can use common and cheap 3s2200mah packs, but also have some 5000mah on hand.

frostyrod

My mistake on the scoop and stir. I thought it could be used for tamping. I use the handle of the brush that came with my plenty. Great size for it IMO.

I haven't held one of the scoop and stir devices in my hand but it seems to me like a person if so inclined could find the end of a pen cap or other small disposable cap like thing with a flat side could be fitted over the stirring side of the scoop and stir to create a little tamper surface, and removed to do quick stir's... but I over think this stuff, just my southern engineering coming out. (handy redneck).

Is nice to have something to give a few good knocks on and not worry about cracking glass.

I use a prescription pill bottle container to keep my ABV in, since that is what Colorado and California give out with their Herb purchases I have several spares laying around. sealed locking cap to keep stuff fresh, plus with the plastic sides you can stick your stem in there and really knock it back and forth on the sides to break loose any stubborn ABV without worrying about breaking it.

TeeJay1952

I haven't held one of the scoop and stir devices in my hand but it seems to me like a person if so inclined could find the end of a pen cap or other small disposable cap like thing with a flat side could be fitted over the stirring side of the scoop and stir to create a little tamper surface, and removed to do quick stir's... but I over think this stuff, just my southern engineering coming out. (handy redneck).

Gosh that sounds like a nail. Any size particulars? (all you carpenters)

frostyrod

Gosh that sounds like a nail. Any size particulars? (all you carpenters)
From what I remember from pictures, sure someone will find the link and post it, the scoop n stir is a 3'd printed metal little tool that one of the members on FC makes and the stir side is like three prongs sticking down, (http://delta3dstudios.com/scoop-n-stir-vape-tool/) my thought was like the bottom end cap on bic pen, or similar that could just slip over those prongs creating a temporary flat surface. The cap can be removed to still stir.

I'd use something like a roofing nail, which has a wide flat end and thinner shaft, if I was just going to use a nail that is, but that takes all the fun out of southern engineering.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Happy Friday a 3 day weekend for some, Nano fans using my glass fixed screen and some Bubba Kush a very open draw with no restrictions.

We have had such a dry spring and summer but it's been a pretty wet week. Normally I'd be pissed being kinda the last of our summer but we needed it. It's sunny and a little cool out now.

@Enchantre good luck with getting your house sold.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Happy Friday a 3 day weekend for some, Nano fans using my glass fixed screen and some Bubba Kush a very open draw with no restrictions.

We have had such a dry spring and summer but it's been a pretty wet week. Normally I'd be pissed being kinda the last of our summer but we needed it. It's sunny and a little cool out now.

@Enchantre good luck with getting your house sold.
You have more strains than a 711 has candy!

I have a few strains!

Tomorrow I will get GSC and GDP because I don't get a headache and the NANO MAKES FLAVORS one can enjoy!

I loaded a Bunch of GOD'S GIFT and I'm laughing at everything!

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I received my fiddleback maple E-Nano today and just finished my first session. The first bowl I packed a tiny amount of coarse ground Girl Scout Cookies in the regular stem, just enough to cover the screen. I didn't get much visible vapor, which I now realize was because the temps I was using, 6 & 6.5, were too low for how far away the herb was from the heater.

Second attempt was White Rhino, also roughly ground, about 2mm from the heater at 7 & 7.5. Cloud city!

Third and final bowl was a solid nugget of Burmese Kush in the glass screen stem, no stainless screen added. The herb was just barely touching the heater core. I had the heater set to 6.5 and got more great clouds, although I did end up getting that popcorn taste, probably due to the contact with the heater. I also left the stem on between hits this time. It was only a slightly dark brown at the spot it was touching the screen. There was no black, and no actual combustion occurred. I broke open the nugget and it was evenly roasted throughout to a nice dark green/tan, except for the dark spot.

Up until that last hit flavor was superb, and you could really appreciate the differences between strains. The White Rhino was a big surprise as its a hard hitter, and it had good flavor in my portable, nothing I'd call notable, but the flavor was amazing in the nano! Notes of grapefruit and so many other flavors. And this was at 7-7.5 range with a SS screen. I can't wait to explore lower temps more, but that will have to wait for tomorrow as the nano has easily accomplished its task for the night :science:

I'm impressed with the nano's design and build quality, and the performance so far is everything it's hyped up to be. And the learning curve was very low, at least for me. The heat retention on this thing is maybe the most impressive aspect, I tried to drop temps on purpose with fast rapid hits and my lungs weren't powerful enough to noticeably affect the heat level. Of course higher draw speed may call for higher temps, or less distance to heater. I think my sweet spot is probably higher temp, with a fast draw speed and further distance from the heater. I need a water tool now too, and maybe a j-hook... :worms:

So much experimenting to do, I can't wait!:love:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I received my fiddleback maple E-Nano today and just finished my first session. The first bowl I packed a tiny amount of coarse ground Girl Scout Cookies in the regular stem, just enough to cover the screen. I didn't get much visible vapor, which I now realize was because the temps I was using, 6 & 6.5, were too low for how far away the herb was from the heater.

Second attempt was White Rhino, also roughly ground, about 2mm from the heater at 7 & 7.5. Cloud city!

Third and final bowl was a solid nugget of Burmese Kush in the glass screen stem, no stainless screen added. The herb was just barely touching the heater core. I had the heater set to 6.5 and got more great clouds, although I did end up getting that popcorn taste, probably due to the contact with the heater. I also left the stem on between hits this time. It was only a slightly dark brown at the spot it was touching the screen. There was no black, and no actual combustion occurred. I broke open the nugget and it was evenly roasted throughout to a nice dark green/tan, except for the dark spot.

Up until that last hit flavor was superb, and you could really appreciate the differences between strains. The White Rhino was a big surprise as its a hard hitter, and it had good flavor in my portable, nothing I'd call notable, but the flavor was amazing in the nano! Notes of grapefruit and so many other flavors. And this was at 7-7.5 range with a SS screen. I can't wait to explore lower temps more, but that will have to wait for tomorrow as the nano has easily accomplished its task for the night :science:

I'm impressed with the nano's design and build quality, and the performance so far is everything it's hyped up to be. And the learning curve was very low, at least for me. The heat retention on this thing is maybe the most impressive aspect, I tried to drop temps on purpose with fast rapid hits and my lungs weren't powerful enough to noticeably affect the heat level. Of course higher draw speed may call for higher temps, or less distance to heater. I think my sweet spot is probably higher temp, with a fast draw speed and further distance from the heater. I need a water tool now too, and maybe a j-hook... :worms:

So much experimenting to do, I can't wait!:love:
NANO on a water rig!
f^cķ talk about awesomeness!

CarolKing

I agree 100% @ataxian. Have my WT out with my nano and some Grape Ape on temp 7. The D020-D works really well. I've had it about a month. At first I couldn't figure out how to put it together. FCer @steama came to my rescue. It has an inside perk, I think it's called. It has an extra piece that fits inside.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Last night was a great Nano Night

Had it cooking for hours, just kept refilling with tiny amounts and blowing huge clouds. I don't think I got through 1/4 gram all night.

gonna have to get into glass... all this talk got me wanting to try something new
:hmm:

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
My nano came today :ko:

Here's my thoughts on the first use. I am quite high on a small amount of herb. First of all, this must be said. :nod:

I set it to 6.25 and thought the straight tube was a bit hot on the throat. I extracted about 90% in the first hit, then the rest in the second. By the third and fourth hits there was really nothing left. This is stirring between each load.

I then turned it up to 6.5 and got my 12 inch water pipe out. I loaded the 18mm gong and gave it a whirl. Much better on the throat obviously and extracted most of the medicine in the first hit with a little left in the second. I know I got a really good hit but I didn't get the milky white cloud you see on youtube. Mine was more of a light grey fog color. I'll try turning it up (even though I was already getting good extraction at this temp).

I got a lot of experimenting ahead of me, but I can only handle so many trials at any given time. :smug: I am much of a lightweight, even with my puffs almost each evening.

So yeah, it hauls ass

EverythingsHazy

My nano came today :ko:

Here's my thoughts on the first use. I am quite high on a small amount of herb. First of all, this must be said. :nod:

I set it to 6.25 and thought the straight tube was a bit hot on the throat. I extracted about 90% in the first hit, then the rest in the second. By the third and fourth hits there was really nothing left. This is stirring between each load.

I then turned it up to 6.5 and got my 12 inch water pipe out. I loaded the 18mm gong and gave it a whirl. Much better on the throat obviously and extracted most of the medicine in the first hit with a little left in the second. I know I got a really good hit but I didn't get the milky white cloud you see on youtube. Mine was more of a light grey fog color. I'll try turning it up (even though I was already getting good extraction at this temp).

I got a lot of experimenting ahead of me, but I can only handle so many trials at any given time. :smug: I am much of a lightweight, even with my puffs almost each evening.

So yeah, it hauls ass

Whether or not you get a milked up piece with vapor so dense you cant see through it, depends on the herb itself. The nano does a great job extracting the good stuff, but not all herb will make those clouds. Some will make clouds for 3-4+ hits. Some will have light vapor even on the first.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Day two of nano ownership, I've been experimenting all day. :sherlock:

Preliminary results:

5.5 is where the flavor lies

6.5 and clouds start rolling in

7.5 for the full extraction

This is all with the dry stems, adjustable with stainless screen and the fixed glass screen stem with no stainless. Each nano may vary, draw speed, etc.

For me and my draw speed 6.75 seems to be the best combination of flavor, smoothness, effects, and cloud density.

Tonight's Tasting Notes:

Loving the White Rhino currently. Bursting with juicy grapefruit goodness, amazing flavor even at higher temps.

Burmese Kush is very interesting, strong mustard notes with a nice spicy earthy flavor.

Both of these strains taste very different and a lot better than in my portable. The E-Nano rocks in the flavor department. :bowdown:

CarolKing

Some cannabis takes a slight higher temp while other cannabis takes a slightly lower temp and dryness or moisture level makes a difference too. I like to play around with the basket depth to see what works best. I found a happy medium so I don't need to keep adjusting most of the time.

Slow and steady wins the race with the Enano far as draw speed is concerned IMO.:2c:

I have a grinder with a kief compartment so I used s little kief in the middle of my herb tonight. Have a nice Saturday evening.:leaf::zzz:

Last edited:

ctxgooner

gooner
I just went back for seconds, slowed down my draw and got a much bigger cloud. I'm having trouble focusing right now :razz:

I think draw speed will be my first thing to practice adjusting.

Lot's of work to do.

I have a nice, mellow kush to fall asleep with.
Ive had my nano about 7 months now and i still change my technique on a regular basis......sometimes i sip...,sometimes i gulp..,,and sometimes i do kind of a multi-gulp thing :ko:

My current favorite setup is to use my UD dry stem......it fits over the heater and you have to hold it to keep it from touching......but i like to start my draw with the bud real close and as i draw i pull the stem farther away.....kicks my ass and has me coughing and choking half the time :rofl::rofl:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
What a difference a strain makes. Even though all my recent acquisitions have been really quality stuff (it has been that way for about 9 months), my 7/29 strain (got a double batch that order, thank God), which I've been hoarding for six weeks ROCKS THE NANO, without any fuss. I don't even have to grind, just break of a tiny bud, then break off an even tinier nug, rip it apart a bit, and drop in. No muss, no fuss, no tamping or measuring, just an occasional stir, and big rips at 6.5. Last strain was finicky (I had to dry out - humidity here like 90%RH, grinding, tamping, measuring distances, to get those results, which were awesome). With this strain, it seems like I can't NOT get a crazy good session, no matter what I do - how cool is that?

Let's hope all 2 z's stay that way.

:goon: You know I'll be hoarding...

Last edited:

EverythingsHazy

Grinding down to a very fine and consistent texture, with light tamping down of the load, will both expose more surface area of the plant to the air and create a little more air resistance for a denser hit. You might want to use a lower temperature then usual though, since it should get the herb hotter without changing the nano's setting.

howie105

Once I remembered the draw rate to heat level thing (like the MFLB) I was able to easily regulate things. I also ended up with my grind moving closer to what gets used in the LB. I really like it when a vape is adaptable enough to accommodate me instead of the other way around.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Strain has some effect on clouds, but IMO not the most. Dryness of material, grind/looseness of pack and more than anything material quality are the biggest factors outside of the nano (screen distance, temp setting, bubbler, etc).

By material quality I mean how much there is in it to vape. You can get a crappy GSC (or other great strain) that has been poorly grown, harvested or cured that will leave you wanting. Or, you can get some local whatever genetics of outdoor mids that will blow your socks off. I love the rare chances where I can choose my strain, but the quality of the material seems much more important for the best vaping experience - be that with a nano or any other vape IME. nano seems to be one of the best at getting the most from your material, but garbage in = garbage out - same as with pretty much anything else. Guess what I'm saying is that the nano will do all it can with what you feed it, but it isn't going to make crappy material better - no matter what strain it is.

It's not hard to get caught up in what strain vapes best or produces the biggest clouds, but be sure to look at your different batches with at least a jewelers loop to check on the condition, size and number of resin heads and consider how moist your material is before grinding.

Also worth noting that more moist material will almost always produce thicker clouds (more moisture to evaporate out), but wispier clouds often give better flavor and effects with the same number of hits. I prefer mine a bit drier, larger clouds or not. More water vapor is less effective vapor of the type we're looking for in the same sized hit. Easiest analogy is probably to mixed drinks. If you have a double, you'll get twice as much of the alcohol in every sip. But, you'll drink more to get to the same place if your drinks only have a single shot. The double will also give you more flavor of the alcohol because it is less diluted. Moister material will give you bigger clouds, but the added water vapor isn't going to do much for you - same as the tonic in a gin and tonic. I like gin, and enjoy the flavor, but not so much that I'm drinking it straight or even usually making doubles.

Vaping is a bit different for me. I LOVE the flavor of most strains and am usually looking to vape and keep the flavor and effects as unadulterated as possible. There is at least one discussion here on FC (actually a few I think) where some think they get better effects from moister material (and associated larger clouds from water vapor). I've played with it here and there and haven't been able to say the same. The added moisture may be allowing for better lung absorption - at least for some. But, I haven't had any luck with it.

Not saying at all that some strains aren't better than others, or different ones don't have different effects. They certainly do! And, IME a nano will provide very good comparisons. Only saying that there is much more to cloud production than strain differences, and IME it is probably one of the lesser contributing factors.

At the same time, strains do seem to prefer slightly different temps or techniques to get the most out of them quickly. The same is true for different quality. So, to get the most out of your stash always a good idea (and fun) to tweak things a bit either way to see if you can get even more out of whatever you happen to be vaping. Sometimes those "oh shiiiittt -BINGO!" hits just fall into your lap. Sometimes you have to look for a material's individual sweet spots. But, if your material quality is decent they're in there. You just may have to coax them out.

Or, as always with the nano, you can just throw some in and hit it at whatever temp works for you most of the time. You'll get vapor and it is sure to have some taste and effects even if barely functioning (or functioning a bit too well - like with heater screen contact). But I like to squeeze out all the flavor and effects I can, and the simple versatility of the nano allows me to do that easily.

hweezi

formally cwheezy
a2408pI.jpg

Finally have got the best way for me to use concentrates in the e-nano. I've always hated just throwing a dab in because the glass is typically warm and then it gets every where and all over the heater and yuck. So I made a little basket screen for dabs and this is definitely the best way to use full-melts with the e-nano. I pushed my screen down further so I can hold a little herb and the basket evenly. I find this works better than any substrate I've tried using. I mean, you're getting the best of both worlds here. :smug:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Fresh Sour D on 6.5
Flavor dream
Sour D I had once years ago with a water pipe and a BIC!
Wasn't as enjoyable as a NANO on 6.5!

@flotntoke I just got a ZIP of GSC that is the best tasting most effective GSC I have ever had!

I changed dispensaries.
Growing is easy where I live however it keeps getting cheaper and cheaper!
Basically it's not worth growing yourself.
When CANNABIS is legal federally the quality will increase.

Plus it will be as affordable as beer!
The NANO could provide the perfect QA check!

Last edited:
Top Bottom