flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Don't know if I would even try this myself, but figured I'd throw it out here. Just a suggestion, and I take absolutely no responsibility if you get burnt or burn your house down!

Glassworking is no easy task, but I've had some luck with it widening some mouthpieces on Chinese bubblers that I didn't like. I used a butane torch, but propane would probably be better. If you heat the hell out of it you may be able to work it a little bigger with a metal rod or similar. If anyone has a go with this, be VERY CAREFUL. Wear safety glasses, long sleeves and gloves and find a way to clamp the stem steady that can take the heat traveling up it before trying this. Make sure your metal rod is very clean. Rust or other crud on it will transfer to the glass while it is hot and be a real pain in the ass to get off. Heat the glass red hot, heat the metal so it isn't cold going against hot glass and twist and ream. Keep the glass red as you can and angle your motion to open it up.

Not optimal, and definitely shouldn't have to be done, but you may be able to open it up enough get a little bit on the heater core. You'd also probably have to use more heat on nano while vaping because you won't be able to load too close to the end and have the screen stay in place.

Again be VERY CAREFUL! Hot glass can shatter and drastic heat changes can make this more likely. So, make sure you and your work area are prepared for hot glass all over in the event it does. Don't do it at all if you have hesitation about doing it safely or aren't confident in your abilities to work with hot materials. If anyone gives it a whirl, please let us know how it goes.

BOBCAT

Its Just Temporary
I do not, but I do have a ruler I use for guitar setups that is very finite. If I can measure it across I will. If not I'll use the ol' string trick to get the circumference and diameter. Thanks for the idea!

I have a cheap vernier caliper,$7.00 at home depot.Just measured the inside of three gongs.They are all 9.5 mm.The outside measurement of my heater is 9.25 mm

ctxgooner

gooner
I do not, but I do have a ruler I use for guitar setups that is very finite. If I can measure it across I will. If not I'll use the ol' string trick to get the circumference and diameter. Thanks for the idea!
Have you checked to see if the
other end (the mouthpiece end) fits over the heater?? You can use one of them that way until you figure out whats up?? Might have to use a bit of a hover technique but it will get the job done :nod:

highflier

@Uzer, if possible could you please post pictures of how you measured that with your ruler? I'm having trouble with getting it to work.

@flotntoke, thanks for the tip! I think I'll pass though and take it to a pro since there's an accessible one in town.

@BOBCAT thanks, I might check out home depot soon. Thanks a ton for taking the time out of your day to check that!

@ctxgooner ...I have not tried that, I really do not know how I did not think of this, butt (*drumroll*) one of the four works upside-down!!! http://imgur.com/d6W9I8e And in my first stroke of luck, it was one of the stems with the adjustable basket stem!! This won't work for the ones with the fixed screens but for the time being it works 110% better than the other method I was using! You're the man!

Thanks for all the help guys, as a new member I really appreciate the inviting community.

Uzer

@Uzer, if possible could you please post pictures of how you measured that with your ruler? I'm having trouble with getting it to work.

I laid the rule on top the wood and eyeballed it looking straight down with a magnifying glass. As I'm sure you found out, you can't lay the rule directly on the heater tip. I think it's your glass not the heater that is missized. Bad luck with bad glass I think. Andy said it was difficult to find good glassmakers to make these.

Glad you one to work. I think the adjustable stems are better. Just takes time to learn how to use it, trial and error.

ctxgooner

gooner

@flotntoke, thanks for the tip! I think I'll pass though and take it to a pro since there's an accessible one in town.

@BOBCAT thanks, I might check out home depot soon. Thanks a ton for taking the time out of your day to check that!

@ctxgooner ...I have not tried that, I really do not know how I did not think of this, butt (*drumroll*) one of the four works upside-down!!! http://imgur.com/d6W9I8e And in my first stroke of luck, it was one of the stems with the adjustable basket stem!! This won't work for the ones with the fixed screens but for the time being it works 110% better than the other method I was using! You're the man!

Thanks for all the help guys, as a new member I really appreciate the inviting community.
:rockon:
I wasnt sure that would work until i tried it myself......welcome to the nano family:tup:

seannery82

Quick update: After thinking it was the cord that was the problem because another one I had without a dimmer seemed to work, I have determined that it is the nano itself that is defective. In order to use the nano with the dimmerless cord I found that I had to unplug it frequently to avoid it getting too hot. After a number of unplugs it stopped working altogether regardless of cord, unless I applied downward pressure to the wire connection. It now wont heat up or light up at all.
I know others are having their issues and I hope we all can get our issues sorted out, they seem like good people over there who are flooded right now. On a side note was a awesome vaping experience while it as heating properly.

hd_rider

To assist others with the glass fitment issues, I thought I would post measurements taken from my eNano and associated glass pieces using a digital caliper. My eNano was purchased in May, 2015:

eNano heater core diameter: .361 inches (9.17 mm)
Stem 1, inner diameter: .371 inches (9.42 mm)
Stem 2, inner diameter: .378 inches (9.60 mm)
Gong 1, inner diameter: .370 inches (9.40 mm)

murf1sh

1) Got my e-nano a while back and it is fantastic. I was considering buying a launch box for portability but I ended up prioritizing quality and I am very happy with it. It's just a beautiful piece. I've dropped it once or twice because the unit is pretty light weight and the cord is kinda stiff and heavy, so now the heating element rattles if I shake it but everything works fine so I'm not sweating it.

2) I ordered the e-nano with an 18 mm GonG attachment because I decided to order a d-020 after reading this thread (and then the thread about dhgate {which is also fantastic i got the shipment in like 8 calendar days somehow}). The e-nano arrived but there wasn't any GonG attachment in the box. That's fine. No harm, no foul. But...I've contacted customer service twice. The first time I got no response and the second time I was told that the issue would be addressed. I have received no word since. I'm not in a crazy rush since I love my e-nano as is and I've rigged up a way to use the stem with the d-020 but I do want what I paid for at some point.

Just posting here because I've read through this forum for years as end all be all of vaping knowledge and also taking action like this seems to help dealing with vape companies sometimes.

Happy vaping.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
home alone playing nano (is that a thing?) :bowdown:

[EDIT] Update, I just got the biggest hit of my life, lvl7, didn't cough!

My Home-Alone Nano Station
Jomigq9.jpg

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have some Grape Ape in the Enano this late night evening. It tastes wonderful a bit of the grape before bed. It has such great flavor. Closing in on another weekend, I love summer. I never want it to end.

Welcome to all the new nano owners. It's a bummer about the stems being off, Epic will make things right for you I'm sure. Call them on Pacific time or shoot them an email.

Have a good night all.:):zzz:

The stems are sturdy I just dropped mine (not the first time) and it didn't break.:tup:

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Any promotional codes out there before I pull the trigger

Thanks to those that responded to my questions earlier.
I am going to try this as my first plug in model.

FCLOVE gives you 10% off and lifetime warranty if you register on epicvape.com .

If you're planning on using it with a bubbler, suggest you get your GonG adapter(s) at same time to avoid additional shipping in the future, and IMO always a good idea to pick up a few extra basket screens for adjust-a-bowls. Only $4.90 for 5 of them.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Thanks made sure to pick up some extra baskets screens but could not make the discount work for me.

kept saying "Sorry, this coupon is not valid for sale items."
but I got a buck off for registering

SHIT!! I forgot about that. Came up before a couple months ago. Think this is because the standard maple has been discounted. If you haven't completed your order yet, try for the cherry or walnut (discount makes them cheaper than the maple with no discount).

If you want to change it up, probably best to contact nadia. I'd try the phone number on website first.

Alt101

RMA glass just came in and happily things fit. I also realized my calipers were miscalibrated when I measured in my previous post. Here are my new measurements for those that care.

- Heater Core - 9.43mm
- 18mm Gong - 9.49mm
- Stem (bottom, "intended" connection point) - 9.41mm (does not fit)
- Stem (top) - 9.46mm (fits, useable)

M2MbwvC.jpg

SJtsnK0.jpg

jYFqX0m.jpg

i7z1hTC.jpg

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
@ACE OF VAPE Looking great. You have come such a long way, and got to love the loyal fans.

It has been a long while since I have checked in on this thread. Awesome vaporizer that has come a ways since I originally got a beta EV 1 unit. That same unit is still in constant use by a cancer patient whom i provided the unit to years ago on a permanent loan. He is currently in recession. He liked it right away, in function and form a perfect fit.

I actually really wish I had a E-Nano in my personal stable to really test in on the difference. But I have enjoyed the pictures and enthusiasm for this unit.

Top Bottom