CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I use my Nano mostly dry. I do use The D020-D bubbler with water before bed. Sometimes I will sandwich in some shatter in the middle of my cannabis. It helps a lot with pain and sleep. Usually the herb is spent before the shatter. I will just ad more cannabis. I have the D020 bubbler but I didn't think it worked as well.

Wet or dry - a sipper or large rips, the Nano will do it all. You are in the drivers seat.

I like using clean glass stems. I use a rotation system as well and just leave them to soak. Sometimes I will use the hot cocoa method of cleaning the resin off that way as a little nightcap.

Last edited:

Pjake

It's all in the reflexes.
Dry JoDa stem at 6.25. D020 with a 14mm downstem and 14mm GonG at 6.75=milky hits and the abv lookin just right!! Tbh I haven't used the dry stem ever since I got the temp just right for the bubbler. I use the stock dry stem shoved into the mouthpiece of the d020 using the silicone sleeve to seal/wedge it. I saw someone post a pic a while back. Works awesome!!!

mannas

You can use the lead you bought as long as you are using the step down converter. Remember it's going to be at full power so if you leave it on longer than 3-4 minutes you run the risk combustion, but you won't hurt the E-Nano, i'ts designed to run at full power for extended periods. Alternatively you can use a 220v dimmer into your transformer to control the voltage to the E-nano.

Thank you for the reply. Well i tried it, completely blown away with the e-nano. I can't believe how good it is compared to the EQ, worlds apart. Don't think the EQ will get a look in, relegated to a back up now. Due to using standard power lead, combustion was an issue, but just before it got to hot, it was perfect. Looking forward to having the correct lead so i can use it properly. Very happy customer.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Do you guys prefer using your Nano with a bubbler, or with the dry stem? Do you feel like it is more efficient. or like the vapor is denser, when using a dry stem vs a water piece?

90% bubbler/10% dry stem. Will echo the comments from others that taste is better with dry stem, tho once you get a good feel for your nano and a well matched bubbler your results can be close. IME you need a bubbler with less diffusion, as low a water level as you can (while still having it function properly) and to keep your draw slow and smooth until you clear. Lower temp and dry still give me the absolute best flavor! I always do a load at 5.5 - 5.8 with any new meds so I can get a good feel for the flavor.

Thank you for the reply. Well i tried it, completely blown away with the e-nano. I can't believe how good it is compared to the EQ, worlds apart. Don't think the EQ will get a look in, relegated to a back up now. Due to using standard power lead, combustion was an issue, but just before it got to hot, it was perfect. Looking forward to having the correct lead so i can use it properly. Very happy customer.

Glad to hear you're working it out while waiting. Think you'll even be more impressed when you have power/temp control at your fingertips!

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I'm about 60/40 wet /dry. The differences are 1) with the bubbler the hits are smoother, and 2) with the dry stem the hits are tastier.

Nailed it!

BUT I think that also has to do with the fact that so many Nano users and glass junkies use WAY too much diffusion. I might be alone, but nothing puts me off more than vaping flowers through a matrix perc or other high diffusion setups. I feel like I might be the only person in the cheap glass thread that hates the D020!

I seek Flavor and smoothness, and don't think one has to sacrifice much either way with a low diffusion water piece.

Last edited:

howie105

On solo sessions I usually run reduced loads at 5.5 through a 4" stub or through a looped 19" whip that way I get the cooling I want with minimal flavour loss. When I have guests I run full loads though the a DO20-D starting at 6 and running temp up till done usually around 7.5 or so. The water tool seems to kill the taste a bit but most folks find it a bit more "friendly" than a dry hit. Thanks to flotntoke I am now on the trail of a new j-hook so I can kick the silicone whip for easier cleaning and hopefully a little bump in taste.

Neceros

I find that herb falls down to the heating element no matter where the adjustable screen is placed or how much herb you load...because of gravity.

Taste is much worse when it gets charred. I'll stick to using it with water and my piece when possible.
You should pack it more. Not so much you can't get air through, though. The green usually never touches the element.

Even if it does, you can simply clean it. I get a paper towel and some hot water, and dab the top of the ceramic core and around the sides of the element. I don't go inside the cage, just the outside. It will burn everything else off.

IME you need a bubbler with less diffusion, as low a water level as you can (while still having it function properly) and
@flotntoke I asked in the glass thread, but got no replies.

Can you guys link me your favorite nano/herb only bubblers for 18mm?

CarolKing

DHgate Wholesale Homepage
Sunshinestore

D020-D 9 inches bubbler glass water percolator smoking pipe two functions
Sold by Sunshinestore

Free Shipping
Estimated between Mon Aug 17 and Wed Aug 26
US $34.10
Total Cost:

• I have this vaporizer. I took a pic a few pages back. It's a nice match with the Nano. It took about 2 weeks to receive it from China.

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
On solo sessions I usually run reduced loads at 5.5 through a 4" stub or through a looped 19" whip that way I get the cooling I want with minimal flavour loss. When I have guests I run full loads though the a DO20-D starting at 6 and running temp up till done usually around 7.5 or so. The water tool seems to kill the taste a bit but most folks find it a bit more "friendly" than a dry hit. Thanks to flotntoke I am now on the trail of a new j-hook so I can kick the silicone whip for easier cleaning and hopefully a little bump in taste.

Think if you prefer dry hits, you will love a J-Hook! Don't think it has to be too large or long, but IME a bit more air volume cools vapor pretty well. See the pic of my green Yeti J-Hook on the last page. It is pretty small, but the vapor is much cooler than in a stem. Think this is because of the volume inside and the vapor having the chance to swirl around a bit before inhale. Not as smooth or cool as any bubbler, but much more comfortable than a straight stem and flavor is amazing. :tup:

... @flotntoke I asked in the glass thread, but got no replies.

Can you guys link me your favorite nano/herb only bubblers for 18mm?

Think @CarolKing 's suggestion for D020-D 9 is a GREAT choice! Another I would suggest is the GB-187 or GB-187-S. The "-S" is just the same bubb with a sidecar mouthpiece. None of these (or the straight D020 itself - same as "-D" with a tapered top and probably just a bit less volume) have a true "matrix" perc as @FlyingLow referred to. I think I get what he is saying about diffusion, but I don't consider any of these high diffusion pieces compared to much of what is out there. I enjoy the purr of these percs with vaping much more than I would a non-perc, straight opening piece that would be chuggy. (Like an old school straight tube bong with simple open stem)

In most of the D020's and GB-187's it is very easy to take a slow, smooth draw and keep the bubbles (and diffusion) to a minimum without much learned technique at all. You can go at them as hard as you can and create more diffusion, but if you don't the flavor profile is pretty damned good!

Some more info on each, and a few other suggestions....

I have a GB-187, but don't personally have the GB-187-S. I had a similar model from a different vendor - prototype if you will - that had some issues that aren't in this version. I do have a few other sidecars that I love. I also suggest them to many, especially those who are just starting with bubblers, for two reasons. First, the sidecar comes out the side of the can so it is more comfortable to use for most. It keeps the nano off to the side in use, so it isn't sitting 3" in front of your nose. Not that this is a real problem, but I'm always afraid I'm going to go cross-eyed like the people who buy Steve Martin's Opti-Grab glasses in The Jerk. :) OK, not really, but is still more comfortable to have things a bit offset. Pretty sure you can still order the sidecar on this one as left or right. If you're right handed, I'd suggest the left handed sidecar. This puts the can (and nano on top of it) on the right. Most lefties would probably prefer the right hand sidecar. Doesn't really matter too much. I have both left and right handed sidecars and use them all with ease. But, since you have a choice, why not go with the one that is set up a bit easier for you? Depending on your set up you may want either, but I'm right handed and like to have the nano on that side - mouthpiece on the left.

The other reason I suggest sidecars is that it usually allows you to watch your diffusion easier from the side. On most of these you can glance down while taking your hit and actually watch one side of the perc. IMO the key to flavorful nano hits through water is keeping the bubbles and diffusion low. Much easier to learn if you can actually watch while you draw. You can kind of see this with a straight neck bubb, but is not as easy IME. Or, you could always do a session or three in a mirror to get the hang of it.

The FC-UFO is another that should work well. I don't have one yet, but it is next on my list. The can is similar to the 187s', but the perc is much different. It has fewer but bigger holes which should lead to less diffusion, tho probably a bit more chugginess. I have a US blown piece that is very similar (probably what this one is copied from, tho no removable mouthpiece or hose option). The one I have is great with the nano. Has a sidecar and is easy to keep diffusion low. The removable mouthpiece on the FC-UFO would allow you to go straight or sidecar, or you can set it up with a hose that comes off the bubb instead of having to put your mouth directly on the piece. If you're looking at getting this for the tubing, I would strongly suggest you get some good food grade silicone tubing from somewhere else. Haven't tried what comes with this bubb, but have read some reports and imagine what you would be getting from China could have a pretty nasty taste. No big... tubing is pretty cheap and can be had on Amazon or a bunch of other places. Personally I'm not much of a fan of using tubing (other than a small piece on my nano glass). Had enough of that mess with the EQ! Can see the benefit for many though, and imagine it wouldn't get as cruddy or be as much of a pain if on the user side of the water instead of the vape side.

If you're interested, the piece I currently have that is similar is the jhanpixel UFO Sidecar. It's US made and a great piece for the price. Jhan is a member here on FC, and you can make offers on iOffer (where his online shop is). Pretty sure he lets them go for $135 if you offer it and tell him you're an FC member. Maybe even less. Will admit that this piece has more heft and good feel to it than anything I have from China. I do love mine! :luv:

I also really like to put my nano on a Triple Donut Inline. I've had one for a few years from a US blower that costs quite a bit more than any Chinese pieces. I've seen good reports on this one, but have never tried it - or any from China. Has been a while since I have seen anyone discuss this one in the cheap bubbler thread as most people there are getting into more complex designs and percs, but know there were at least a few who bought this one and enjoyed it. It is much smaller than mine, but less than 10% of the price. On inlines like this it is very easy to keep the diffusion low with a lighter draw. It will also keep the nano from being in front of your nose, and gives you the opportunity to monitor bubbles. Not sure if the one I have is still available from Ben Wilson, but his mini version is on ALT for $250 here. It looks to be just a little bigger than the Chinese one you can get for $22.53 including shipping. Love my Ben Wilson, but can't say I love it ten times more than I would the Chinese piece! ;) Still, there is something to be said for the feel of good US borosilicate in the hand, and the pride of owning a piece from a good blower. Same goes for the jhanpixel piece.

Either the inline or the others above should also allow you to leave your nano on top without tipping over, but the inline will probably be a bit less stable.

There are many others out there that would be good also, both US and Chinese. IMO what you want to stay away from is more percs or fancier percs. They usually require more initial pull to fire properly so you have to hit it pretty good to get it going, are hard to back off on draw midstream, and on some you have to draw hard the whole way through. They also tend to have much more diffusion and this is prone to rob more of your flavor. Plus they tend to be more expensive, much harder to clean and keep clean, and have all kinds of joints and welds where things can be shotty in production and more likely to break in shipping or later. Some of them do look pretty, though!

Two that I have that are pretty intricate but do preserve flavor well are the D-Cycler and the FC-710. I'm still amazed at the flavor profiles they provide! However, they both have 14mm male joints so require adapters for nano use, and are also a bit more expensive and harder to clean. Would consider those above as Level 1 and these two more of Level 2 bubblers. Maybe something to consider in the future after you get the hang of one of the simpler ones. Trust me... GAS can easily be as bad as VAS - if not worse!!

(cont. below)

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Damn this post got long!!! :doh:

Continued from above....

So, as with most things nano, LESS IS MORE! Both in the function of the bubbler and how you want to hit it to keep the most flavor intact. If going for flavor and subtle effects always best to put in just enough water for perc to fire properly, and hit it slow and smooth until you clear. Instead of having bubbles flowing up the whole can, you want a little pile of them right at the perc. Easiest way to describe it is that you want the bubble stack to look like the little maelstrom of dust and dirt that follows Pigpen around on Charlie Brown. Once you're ready to clear it, pull the GonG adapter and rip it. By then almost all of the vapor is thru the perc, so it won't be diffused.

And, nothing wrong with adding more water, going big and hitting it hard. You can get some amazing huge rips on any of these bubblers, too. Add more water (as long as not so full it hits your lips on clear), tap the heat up a half notch or more, and hit as hard as you like! Tho some flavor may be lost, you'll be ripped out of your skull in no time and your throat won't feel nearly as bad the next day as it would if going dry.

There is much more info on all of these (except Ben Wilson Inline) in the Cheap Bubbler Thread, but it moves very quickly and is full of much other crap so can be tricky to find what you are looking for. Still, I would strongly suggest you try to find more info there on any of these you are considering and the vendor before you buy. You may get a response there if you ask, but less likely since the thread has now gone to more intricate bubbs. Nothing wrong with that at all, but still amazes me some of the stuff everyone is excited about for vaping. But, that's another story and I have gone on way too long in this post already! Hope all agree this mess is still on topic as I tried to keep everything nano-centric.

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Quick PSA: I got mine back around October of last year with an offer of $125 with no mention of FC

Yeah, but think the asking price was still $135 then, right? It's now $150 and not sure but if IIRC, these went up around end of last year. He may still go for $125, and worth a try. But, figured I should put this out here so others don't feel miffed if he doesn't.

IMO it's a great bubbler at $150! So, anything lower is icing on the cake.

snackmaster

Yeah, but think the asking price was still $135 then, right? It's now $150 and not sure but if IIRC, these went up around end of last year. He may still go for $125, and worth a try. But, figured I should put this out here so others don't feel miffed if he doesn't.

IMO it's a great bubbler at $150! So, anything lower is icing on the cake.

Dunno, I think it was $150 at the time because I just looked back at my offer and in it I acknowledged it was a little low... Either way, I agree that anything less than $150for it is a bonus. It's my favorite piece!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
DHgate Wholesale Homepage
Sunshinestore

D020-D 9 inches bubbler glass water percolator smoking pipe two functions
Sold by Sunshinestore

Free Shipping
Estimated between Mon Aug 17 and Wed Aug 26
US $34.10
Total Cost:

• I have this vaporizer. I took a pic a few pages back. It's a nice match with the Nano. It took about 2 weeks to receive it from China.
Sorry to you and everyone I offended!
The D022 is still a piece in my rotation.
It did not work for you?
Sorry!

I use a FC UFO as well and love it.

My NANO is my goto vaporizer.

Please do not take any of my recommendation!

Good-Bye!

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Sorry to you and everyone I offended!
The D022 is still a piece in my rotation.
It did not work for you?
Sorry!

I use a FC UFO as well and love it.

My NANO is my goto vaporizer.

Please do not take any of my recommendation!

Good-Bye!

I almost mentioned the D022 just based on your continued praise of it, but went on way too long as it was. I don't have one but it is still on my short list. No offense taken at all, kind sir!

Hoping those who are looking for info on a good bubbler for the nano will now be able find all this in one place, and those who are already set up (or still have more bubbs on their wish list! :D) will still get any info they need about slow draw to minimize diffusion and maximize flavor.

Last edited:

CarolKing

I don't know a lot about glass pieces, just what I learn from others. What I do know is glass breaks and I would much rather break something that I paid $38 vs $150+ for. All it takes is one slip and your investment is gone. Think about late at night when you're pretty medicated - that's when "oh shit" happens.

Used my bubbler and my Nano late night before bed and slept like a baby. Gorilla Glue :leaf:+ Nano + D020D = :zzz:. Thanks for the recommendation, @ataxian

Thanks for all your info @flotntoke

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I don't know a lot about glass pieces, just what I learn from others. What I do know is glass breaks and I would much rather break something that I paid $38 vs $150+ for. All it takes is one slip and your investment is gone. Think about late a night when your pretty medicated - that's when "oh shit" happens.

Used my bubbler and my Nano late night before bed and slept like a baby. Gorilla Glue :leaf:+ Nano + D020D = :zzz:. Thanks for the recommendation, @ataxian

Thanks for all your info @flotntoke

Seems like most glass breaks and my closest calls are when cleaning it or pulling it out, putting it up. Glass is VERY slippery when wet (even more so with some cleaning solutions), and shaking is often part of the equation. So, BE CAREFUL! And, don't leave it sitting in the middle of the coffee table after you've vaped up. Put it somewhere where you or the dog or the cat or your stoned friend isn't going knock it off. I've only broken a few adapters and had one piece dropped by a friend. But, even when breaking a cheap adapter that sound is painful!

I hear you on the cost issue! Most of my glass is now Chinese, and the price is what has allowed me to gather so much over the past couple years. But, there is something to be said for quality too. My jhan UFO is much thicker and heavier than anything I have from China - so it will presumably handle a few more bumps. Also, all of the welds and other glasswork is much better. In the world of glass, $150 or even $300 is considered pretty cheap if you're not buying knock off pieces from China. This isn't the same as with many items where the product is made in China or elsewhere in Asia anyway, and a label is thrown on here (many electronics being a good example). There is usually a good difference in quality that can be easily seen and felt - definitely with all of my US pieces - those I mentioned above and a few customs I had made. Don't really know how much it is worth it for myself, and wouldn't even hazard a guess as to if it is for others, but I do like all of my US stuff in terms of quality much better. As I said above, not necessarily 10 times better. So, something to keep in mind. Think for most it may be best to pick up a Chines piece or two (or ten :)) and a nicer US piece further down the road once you have a good idea of what you like, and are fairly confident you won't break it. The horror of that breaking sound can go up quite a bit with the price of what is making it!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Hanging' with my nano...
83zdyBC.jpg

I picked up this little cord case / anchor, keeps everything a bit more fixed, and a nice place to store the power cord without kinking the cord (I hate that). I may attach a couple of large dowels / spools at each end to have something to wind the cord around (while maintaining the flat lay of the cord. not the typical blow dryer / vacuum cleaner big tangle thing - eek). Should extend power cord life, and prove to be a rigid support for one hand dial changing.... Testing it out later!!!

Last edited:

knuckleheads

I have a Cloud and an EVO and would reach for either one rather than my nano (Cloud is normally stored though) if I wanted to get a lot of vapor in a hurry. That said, I don't always choose to load up on vapor all at once, and using water filtration compromises the taste, whether it's an EVO or LSV. At least with the EVO it's possible to take dry hits. The LSV is glass only AFAIK.

What the e-nano has going for it, above all, is versatility. You can sip it like a more restricted log vape (the old PD and CRV), get bigger stem hits than the old logs could provide, or go with the gong and glass and get even bigger hits.

Hope you get better response than I'm getting. I ordered another unit for my wife on 5/7, was promised same day shipping (unsolicited), and 3 weeks later I'm still waiting. :\

Hi new here and new to the idea of the vape.
I was gifted an lolite a while back and just started using it more and more.
My body is saying no to the combustion and i need to listen to it.
I want to invest in a plug in model as I will hit it a few times a day.
I don't always have that long to do it and combustion has been faster then my lolite.
I am trying to decide between this e nano and the Vape Xhale cloud.
I read back to page 489 and this was the only comparison of the 2 I could find. I am a little confused about what he is saying by having a cloud and an evo are they not the same thing?
Anyways what I would really like is some comparison between the 2.
Obviously there is the price but what about ease of use, heat up time and enjoyment.
Thanks.

Top Bottom