AJS

Calm Consistency
On a scale of 1-10, how hard do you inhale your nano on let's say...Temps 6.25-6.75, through a bubbler?
1 Being the lowest you can inhale, 10 being as fast as possible.
To help with scale clarity....
2 - Magic flight inhale
5 - normal breath inhale.

Neceros

On a scale of 1-10, how hard do you inhale your nano on let's say...Temps 6.25-6.75, through a bubbler?
2 - Magic flight inhale
Typically, I like to pull very lightly, only enough so the smoke/vapor is directed into the chamber. After I can feel my lugs starting to fill up, I try to go full on 10 mode and get it all.

WoodyWeedPecker

From what I have seen and read, taste and efficiency is common to most - if not all - log vapes.

Major difference of this one is that it is native AC power and has a built in dial. Downside is that you can't get a battery pack hookup and take it out and about (though you can use it from a car with an AC converter). Upside is that you don't need to get a variable voltage power supply in addition to your vape to be able to adjust temps easily. One other consideration..... Think UnderDog and Heat Island are the only two other log vapes being produced now. Both are DC powered (can just use a typical wall wort, or get the VVPS I mention above for adjustable power/heat). But, HI has a hell of a waiting list. I've been on it myself for 15 -16 months already.
Anybody know how the E-Nano would fare with one of those? It must be compatible?
http://chargetech.com/product/portable-power-outlet/

It looks perfect for the nano and they are not that expansive anymore. I mostly vape at home at about the same locations but it could have some other uses too.

The Stranger

Account Closed
Is this bag made of hemp? It smells nice.

Do you guys actually use your bags for your ABV? I dumped a bunch in there but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't have because it seems like it's all just going to get stuck to the sides.

Is the hype about this vape for real?

Yeah the hype is pretty real. I had never heard of log vapes and within a few weeks of joining this forum I bought the nano and have never regretted a purchase less. Dead serious.

2 - Magic flight inhale

I try and always think like I am sipping a hot cup of coffee. I heard sipping a vape described this way and it really did help me to hone in my technique. What I've found I like the most is a slow steady draw where by the time my lungs are half filled I feel like I've been holding my breath so I take a quick 1/2 - 1 second (or so) inhale through my nose, than continue that draw through the stem. By the time I'm done with the hit I have a nice sensation in my lungs that I enjoy. I find I get about 3 good hits out of a bowl and I just use my screen at the default depth of the e-pik.

It's actually working fine haha. I've just been holding the stem over the heater and I'm still getting HUGE hits, and I already love this thing. I don't think the faulty stem affects performance at all, it's just inconvenient to use.

Yeah, all I had to do was hold it over the heater and I was set. The biggest hassle was stirring, since the screen was so close to the opening.

To be honest, I think I've gotten tastier hits from that stem than the one that actually works ha. But with that one I was at temp like 5.25 and now I'm like right under 6. I miss the flavor of that 5.25 but God I love the feeling I get in my lungs at 6

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
To put my oil onto. I was thinking of using small wire-screens I've had for my pipes and just rolling them up to hold onto the wax as a wick while it's vaporizing.

In regards to the ABV caps giving you gas, use coconut oil. It eases the burden on your liver.
I use cotton from a bottle of COQ10.

Sometimes I use a HERCULES on a PERSIE from W9Tech

When I do it with a NANO I make a small tiny cotton ball filled with SHATTER

5 ounces of GSC is HAPPINESS!

ctxgooner

gooner
Is the hype about this vape for real? Disregard how easy it is to hook up to glass and all that.. is a great vape by itself?
I've sold my herbalizer and am in the need of a plug in that is very efficient and get me where I need to be.

I have a Toro that I could hook this up to if I wanted to, but I think I prefer vaping straight from the device. Oddly enough, I have narrowed it down to this or the cloud evo lol. They say it taste amazing but does it taste better than a enano?
I have to say that yes the hype is real.....the only complaint that i can see somebody having with the nano or any log vape is that its more of a 1 or 2 person vape.....but even there,you could just buy 3 or 4 stems and just pass the nano around.....i use mine 80% of the time without a water pipe.....flavor for days......and i cant say it enough,Tiny,Tiny amounts get me exactly where i want to be :rofl:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
My only major complaint with the Nano is I can't turn it into a portable. It really is a shame there isn't a fix for that but we can't have everything. Sometimes I have to get the portables out.

I have some Tahoe OG on temp 6.5 in my nano this summer evening watching some SNL.

EDIT You know you are vaped when typing in the wrong vaporizer name. I made corrections. I think I need to get ready for bed. :zzz:

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Is the hype about this vape for real?
Yes. Yes. I had a Magic Flight box that I thought was the bees knees. I had the Power Adapter and hooked it up to the bubbler and I was smooth sailin. Met a friend who introduced me to his "E-Nano", whatever the fuck that was. So I throw down what I normally would for the Flight Box (very little already), and he takes a portion of it and loads his bowl. And two hits and I'm saaaaaailin. Oh man that first time using the Nano I got dizzy beyond belief.

Off Topic:
I haven't read much debate about it on the forum, but HOLDING YOUR HITS. Every time I hold my hits, especially with the Nano, even without expecting to get more stoned, I just always realize I'm way more stoned 15 minutes later and I'm like, goddam what did I do different. Then I realize I held my hits for 6+ secs instead of 2-3. I think holding it longer with vaping makes more of a difference than it does with combusting. Idk.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
If you are taking a 20 to a 25 second draw how can you hold in more than 5 seconds? That's my case anyway. I don't usually count how long it takes me but I was watching the clock just now and i take about a 25 second draw while using my nano. It is a fable the longer you hold in your draw the more medicated you get, you might get light headed from loss of oxygen. This is OFF TOPIC sorry mods.

There has been a lot of discussion on forum regarding that. You can open a thread regarding draw and how long. Do what works well for you but holding in your draw for 5 seconds should do the job.

AJS

Calm Consistency
@CarolKing My draws are about 7 seconds...I like to milk it and once more vapor is being released from the chamber than is being drawn in I like to clear it. I don't like when the vapor in the chamber starts thinning, I see that as the bowl being finished. I am talking about with the GonG. Same basic rules apply with Stem tho.

Edit:
@The Stranger About that ABV in the bag question....One you get enough in there it doesnt even matter. It always look weird at first. It'll all fall without you even knowing. I think it slowly loses it's "static"? (electrons?). Idk. But yes, that's normal.

Last edited:

Neceros

It's an interesting vaporizer. The bowls aren't big enough to get really ripped on it. At most I've probably had a [7]. However, the taste is fantastic and it conserves so much. I've been toking on it all day and I've barely used a little bud.

The high is perfect enough to stay happy and motivated. Then again I have a very large tolerance, so it will probably become better and better over time as my tolerance comes back in line.

I draw it as long as I can. I often feel like I'm not getting anything, or not enough. I can't say I've ever had enough of a hit to actually fill my lungs and make me cough. I'd almost like to buy a bowl a couple mm wider just so I could fit a tiny bit more in for that little extra oompf. If it helps me save half the product then it's still doing an amazing job while getting my blazed.

On holding in the hit. When you are smoking (not vaping) you have to hold it in your lungs to fully absorb the hit, because there are lots of contaminates to block the THC. With vapor this isn't true, and the vapor expands drastically compared to smoke. This could be physically harmful if you filled your lungs more than you should have.

You only need to hold vapor for roughly 4 seconds to get the full effect, and even then that's just for the last tiny bit. You actually don't have to hold it in at all to get near full effect. You can inhale-->exhale and get high with vapor just fine.

Edit: I decided to do a back to back hit (about 30 mins apart) and I have to say it was really nice. I can't beat that taste and hit. Maybe I'll just have to have a few bowls until my tol goes down.

Last edited:

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
It's an interesting vaporizer. The bowls aren't big enough to get really ripped on it. At most I've probably had a [7]. However, the taste is fantastic and it conserves so much. I've been toking on it all day and I've barely used a little bud.

The high is perfect enough to stay happy and motivated. Then again I have a very large tolerance, so it will probably become better and better over time as my tolerance comes back in line.

I draw it as long as I can. I often feel like I'm not getting anything, or not enough. I can't say I've ever had enough of a hit to actually fill my lungs and make me cough. I'd almost like to buy a bowl a couple mm wider just so I could fit a tiny bit more in for that little extra oompf. If it helps me save half the product then it's still doing an amazing job while getting my blazed.

On holding in the hit. When you are smoking (not vaping) you have to hold it in your lungs to fully absorb the hit, because there are lots of contaminates to block the THC. With vapor this isn't true, and the vapor expands drastically compared to smoke. This could be physically harmful if you filled your lungs more than you should have.

You only need to hold vapor for roughly 4 seconds to get the full effect, and even then that's just for the last tiny bit. You actually don't have to hold it in at all to get near full effect. You can inhale-->exhale and get high with vapor just fine.

Edit: I decided to do a back to back hit (about 30 mins apart) and I have to say it was really nice. I can't beat that taste and hit. Maybe I'll just have to have a few bowls until my tol goes down.

Are you sure about there is a risk holding vapor because it expands?

'Cause vapor expand (as every gaz) only when heated, so if your lungs are not on fire vapor should rather condensate, isn't it?

Neceros

'Cause vapor expand (as every gaz) only when heated, so if your lungs are not on fire vapor should rather condensate, isn't it?
But it was just heated, and it's still expanding a few seconds after it's atomized. This is just my experiences mixed with minor research online.

Neceros,

Andreaerdna

But it was just heated, and it's still expanding a few seconds after it's atomized.

It was heated to vapeing temperature inside the bowl and expanding in meantime; from the moment vapor exit the heat source it is no more expanding, it starts getting thicker because it is loosing very fast temperature and finishes condensating again in yout lungs. the risk would be the opposite: lung collapsing due to the depression induced by vapor condensating but this is no real thing neither :p (i guess)

Neceros

It was heated to vapeing temperature inside the bowl and expanding in meantime; from the moment vapor exit the heat source it is no more expanding, it starts getting thicker because it is loosing very fast temperature and finishes condensating again in yout lungs. the risk would be the opposite: lung collapsing due to the depression induced by vapor condensating but this is no real thing neither :p (i guess)
I'm not sure I'm on the same page. Obviously your lungs are not as warm as the nail or heat source, but the stable temperature for wax is well under our normal body temp. Your lungs are applying heat to the source.

Neceros,

Andreaerdna

I'm not sure I'm on the same page. Obviously your lungs are not as warm as the nail or heat source, but the stable temperature for wax is well under our normal body temp. Your lungs are applying heat to the source.

That is nonsense but we are already too much OT to go further :wave:
If you really think this is really important create a thread were it belongs and lets talk about nano here :rockon:

Andreaerdna,
Reactions: flotntoke

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Is the hype about this vape for real? Disregard how easy it is to hook up to glass and all that.. is a great vape by itself?
I've sold my herbalizer and am in the need of a plug in that is very efficient and get me where I need to be.

I have a Toro that I could hook this up to if I wanted to, but I think I prefer vaping straight from the device. Oddly enough, I have narrowed it down to this or the cloud evo lol. They say it taste amazing but does it taste better than a enano?

One thing rarely mentioned is that the Nano is a very analog device. It doesn't have any fancy temperature sensors or microprocessors to monitor electrical conditions. The herbalizer is a sophisticated device with precision temperature controls. You will not get this same experience from the Nano. You can't dial the vaporizer to a temperature and vape away.

Depending on the ambient temperature and power conditions in your house (even time of day) can have an impact on what temperature your vape is running at. Setting your vape to 6.5 might be running around 385F at one time of day, and 370F at another time of day.

The EVO on the other hand has a bunch of fancy electronics so it maintains the same temperature regardless of what time of day you use the vape.

The "Hype" about this vaporizer come's from it's small size and ease of use. Once you learn how to use the vape, it pairs very well with water (Yes there are some that use it dry exclusively, but I get the impression most of us use water).

Which one is better? Don't think either one is "better", I think they're different. I know I feel a lot more comfortable lending my Nano to a friend, than I would lending out an Evo that's for sure :lol:

RugDrugger

I was hitting my nano earlier using the dry stem and when I turned my nano over to remove the stem the entire metal sleeve slid out... It appears that the small light has simultaneously receded into the nano preventing the sleeve from sliding back. I'm not sure if it still works or not because I unplugged it after this happened. Bought this unit may 2014.

Dannnggg...

ctxgooner

gooner
I was hitting my nano earlier using the dry stem and when I turned my nano over to remove the stem the entire metal sleeve slid out... It appears that the small light has simultaneously receded into the nano preventing the sleeve from sliding back. I'm not sure if it still works or not because I unplugged it after this happened. Bought this unit may 2014.

Dannnggg...
That cant be good.......can you push it back in??

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Wow! A busy Saturday night on the nano thread. Guess there isn't shit on TV.:D

2 - Magic flight inhale

Really depends on how I'm vaping. Most often, 2-3 hit extraction through a bubbler, I'd say about 6 to fill depending on bubb's diffusion (always keep those bubbles low and slow!). Once I pull GonG I pull away as fast and hard as comfortable.

Going dry with lower heat probably between 5 and 6 all the way through.

Anybody know how the E-Nano would fare with one of those? It must be compatible?
http://chargetech.com/product/portable-power-outlet/

It looks perfect for the nano and they are not that expansive anymore. I mostly vape at home at about the same locations but it could have some other uses too.

This thing should work. 65w constant output and other specs look fine. Very interesting!! If I wasn't already hooked up with portables and didn't have a DC>AC converter for the car I may grab one. FWIW, a decent DC>AC converter can be had for $25 +/- on Amazon, so a more economical choice depending on what you're looking to do with it.

Do you guys actually use your bags for your ABV? I dumped a bunch in there but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't have because it seems like it's all just going to get stuck to the sides....

Use the bag for ABV? Never even thought of this. You kids are crazy! :myday:

I guess you could. I only use mine for transport. I have found that ABV seems to do better if you keep it relatively airtight and in the dark. Lasts longer, doesn't get all clumpy and would think potency of actives would stay in better shape. Also, if you have pets (especially a dog), you want to keep them out of it. Since vaped material is already decarboxilated it will put quite a hurting on them and could kill them. Much worse than if they got into your fresh stash. I've used a tea tin like below for years. Works great IMO. Can even dump into lid to examine your ABV if you like, put the lid back on can and done! I really like this one because lid fits inside of can instead of going on outside.
fzLcMS1.jpg

My only major complaint with the Nano is I can't turn it into a portable. It really is a shame there isn't a fix for that but we can't have everything. Sometimes I have to get the portables out...

That thing @WoodyWeedPecker posted above looks like it could work, and I have been loving my DC>AC converter when possible (ballgame and concert tailgating mostly). Always good to have a portable, too!

...Off Topic:
I haven't read much debate about it on the forum, but HOLDING YOUR HITS. Every time I hold my hits, especially with the Nano, even without expecting to get more stoned, I just always realize I'm way more stoned 15 minutes later and I'm like, goddam what did I do different. Then I realize I held my hits for 6+ secs instead of 2-3. I think holding it longer with vaping makes more of a difference than it does with combusting. Idk.

Holding your hits is a MAJOR discussion topic here on FC. Comes up all over the place, but this thread is very good reading. A couple others around here too, but think this is the latest I've seen. Not going to continue the derail here - and plenty more in that thread, but two quick points. 1. Simply holding your hit in for longer doesn't seem to help buzz much other than reducing oxygen flow to your brain. 2. Re-breathing (sometimes called L.I.T. technique) is very effective and can stretch you stash.

It's an interesting vaporizer. The bowls aren't big enough to get really ripped on it. At most I've probably had a [7]. However, the taste is fantastic and it conserves so much. I've been toking on it all day and I've barely used a little bud...

Easy there, young padawan. All you say is correct, especially for most with less than 20 - 30 sessions under their belt. You will certainly learn more as you bond with your nano. I have a pretty high tolerance (daily user for more decades than I care to count), but can get totally ripped with a few loads. Not sure, but would estimate an average of .2 g total. Really can't say it enough for new users... The nano will produce vapor right out of the box, but for it to really shine you have to find your personal sweet spot (mostly temp, screen depth, draw and grind), on your particular nano, with your setup and preferences. And, this will even change some depending on strain, specific set up and a few other factors. Would love an update in a week or two. Please don't take this as a dig or anything. We have all been here, and will probably be at least hundreds more where you are now. This truly is one of the greatest things about the nano and where the versatility has the most impact IMO. Mine still amazes me from time to time!

Shouldn't even include this in this lengthy response post, but... IME vapor will feel like it expands some in your lungs, same as with smoke. Don't think it has to do with temperature at all. More that it was somewhat compressed while you are drawing it in under pressure, and now is in a larger area. And even with that, think this is more of the sensation than the reality. Hold your breath for one minute with no vapor. You'll get pretty much the same sensation as your blood is looking for more oxygen after it has mostly been absorbed. I'm no doctor or biologist, but think this is just a natural physical response to get you to exhale and inhale again.

Dannnggg...

That certainly isn't good!! Don't think we have ever seen one do that here. Does it come out enough to get something in there to poke the led back into its hole, or just as far as in pic? Are wires still connected/does it heat? Don't know that I would play with it much myself. Time to find that backup and get an email out to EpicVape for an RMA. Don't forget, there isn't anyone in the office until mid week.

Last edited:

Enchantre

Oil Painter
It's an interesting vaporizer. The bowls aren't big enough to get really ripped on it. At most I've probably had a [7]. However, the taste is fantastic and it conserves so much. I've been toking on it all day and I've barely used a little bud....
You are an asset to this community already! welcome!

In regards to how large a load you can use... that screen depth, especially in the stems, is changeable. Try pushing it deeper, and loading a bit thicker. Vapor clouds, for some reason, might look like less, but the effects will increase.

Gongs, on the other hand, tend to hold a little more anyway (no, it doesn't seem to make sense, but it's my experience)... and custom Gongs are available, at least theoretically. :)

Trust me.

Or, do a quick search on @ataxian 's videos in this thread. He is Da Man!

However, I always circle back to "less is more"... because, less is indeed more, with the ENano.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
You are an asset to this community already! welcome!

In regards to how large a load you can use... that screen depth, especially in the stems, is changeable. Try pushing it deeper, and loading a bit thicker. Vapor clouds, for some reason, might look like less, but the effects will increase.

Gongs, on the other hand, tend to hold a little more anyway (no, it doesn't seem to make sense, but it's my experience)... and custom Gongs are available, at least theoretically. :)

Trust me.

Or, do a quick search on @ataxian 's videos in this thread. He is Da Man!

However, I always circle back to "less is more"... because, less is indeed more, with the ENano.
@enchante I play a lot with glass for sure! Size your piece to the vaporizer.

Vaporizers are personal!
Some need more heat while others need less!

Back to glass!

I will set up a piece from I vision I had!

Take apiece and build it up or down!

I use the NANO the most even though I use others!

Top Bottom