olivianewtonjohn

Got my stand in today. Can anyone please confirm if your stems fit in? In particular the gong. The only way I can get it in is if I raise the tubing :huh:

One other thing that IDK if its really a problem or just something I dont like. But the black painted base plate makes a scrape sound when placed into the base. Not a big deal at all, I am going to place something in there along the sidewalls to dampen it, but it will have to be very thin. I dont want it to overtime cause needless wear.

Splatterpop Circus

Howdy folks! I'm having trouble getting to where I need to be with the Nano so I've got some questions for y'all.

I got my (beautiful) maple burl Nano on 4/20 and I've used it exclusively once or twice a day since then. My only vape before this was a Vaporbrothers, though I've used an Ascent several times as well. I was happy with the VB, but I wanted something more efficient since I live on disability and can't afford to spend much on herb.

I mostly vape for severe insomnia, and I had my ritual down pretty well with the VB: .1g a night at 3 on the dial, and I'd be ready for bed in 2 hours maximum (I also take several prescription meds to get me to sleep and those don't kick in for an hour or two).

With the Nano, I've been trying around .05g a night at various positions (7, 7.25, 7.5) and while that's pretty effective, it either doesn't last long enough or isn't effective enough, so I've been having a lot of trouble with sleep. I've tried moving the screen and I seem to have it where I need it for comfortable vapor and regular browning of the herb (it gets very dark at 7.5), but I'm either using too little or it's not hot enough; the sleepiness only hits me for about five minutes and then it's gone.

One thing that I should maybe mention is that I'm unable to take big hits or hold the vapor for long due to damage to my throat; water doesn't help at all so I just use the dry stem. I tend to take five second draws maximum, and it's usually more like three seconds.

I'd read that you don't need more than .05g with the Nano, but I've had no luck so far - I've tried as much as .08g and it didn't get me where I need. I'm getting to the point where tonight I'll be back to using my Vaporbrothers as I'm in bad shape from not sleeping enough and really need a good night's sleep. Any help would be strongly appreciated, I'd especially like to hear from others who medicate for insomnia.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
@Splatterpop Circus Welcome!

How deep is your screen set? Use your E-pik's stirring tip as a depth guage - the notch on your E-Pik should rest on the side of your glass stem. This is approximately 15mm long. That's how deep your basket screen should be.

Also, I find that because I like to cloud chase, I need to hold my hits much longer than with a standard portable vape (like my Pax and Davinci Ascent). But that's simply because I'm blowing big clouds.

Also how long are you letting your Nano run at 7 before you use it? Make sure you give your nano plenty of time to pre-heat before using it (15+ minutes)! (That's why most of us leave our vapes running all day long)

Splatterpop Circus

My screen's a tiny bit deeper than the notch; I was vaping unevenly when it was perfectly aligned so I pushed it down a little. I did use the screen at the Epik's depth for the first couple of nights; it didn't seem to make much difference aside from the unevenness, but maybe I'll try pushing it back up.

I usually let it run for several hours before I use it. I'll start it after dinner and then vape maybe four hours later.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Howdy folks! I'm having trouble getting to where I need to be with the Nano so I've got some questions for y'all.

I got my (beautiful) maple burl Nano on 4/20 and I've used it exclusively once or twice a day since then. My only vape before this was a Vaporbrothers, though I've used an Ascent several times as well. I was happy with the VB, but I wanted something more efficient since I live on disability and can't afford to spend much on herb.

I mostly vape for severe insomnia, and I had my ritual down pretty well with the VB: .1g a night at 3 on the dial, and I'd be ready for bed in 2 hours maximum (I also take several prescription meds to get me to sleep and those don't kick in for an hour or two).

With the Nano, I've been trying around .05g a night at various positions (7, 7.25, 7.5) and while that's pretty effective, it either doesn't last long enough or isn't effective enough, so I've been having a lot of trouble with sleep. I've tried moving the screen and I seem to have it where I need it for comfortable vapor and regular browning of the herb (it gets very dark at 7.5), but I'm either using too little or it's not hot enough; the sleepiness only hits me for about five minutes and then it's gone.

One thing that I should maybe mention is that I'm unable to take big hits or hold the vapor for long due to damage to my throat; water doesn't help at all so I just use the dry stem. I tend to take five second draws maximum, and it's usually more like three seconds.

I'd read that you don't need more than .05g with the Nano, but I've had no luck so far - I've tried as much as .08g and it didn't get me where I need. I'm getting to the point where tonight I'll be back to using my Vaporbrothers as I'm in bad shape from not sleeping enough and really need a good night's sleep. Any help would be strongly appreciated, I'd especially like to hear from others who medicate for insomnia.
Your strain of cannabis is more important than a vaporizer!

GDP will help you sleep!

I loosely pack a stem fuĺl.
The gauge I never use!
I'm a medical patient so I do what works for me.
I quit drugs and do much better with cannabis.
In California it's getting cheaper!
I use a NANO everyday.

Cannabis is the HOLY GRAIL!

nihil

Member, Known Well
Test drove the 18mm gong from @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd last night.Compared to the stock gong it works better for me because its a good bit longer,which makes it easier to lift it and the nano off to clear my bubbler.Its also much thicker glass so the heat retention is a lot better.

I'd highly recommend looking into one of JoDa's carbed GonGs. It's a game changer in that you don't need to lift the enano or GonG when clearing.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Is Anyone using portable power supply with their Nano?
Lots of people use their cars and/or extension cords. @grokit posted a few sweet portable power supplies in another thread. One was a 16v battery with built in ac/dc converter and all the bells and whistles, and the other was a Honda portable generator.

FLelder ent

Received my replacement adjustable Gong from Epic, better fit than the prior piece. The Nano really shines when paired with a water tool, great taste and lung busting clouds.

I'm running my Nano through my old bong and I was wondering if there would be any improvement if I paired it with one of the new bubblers ie D020, etc? or if 18 mm gives a better hit than 14 mm because its larger?

Waiting for a Joda Gong with carb at this time also.

Thanks

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Received my walnut nano today. I've been trying her out with some cantelope haze. A very beautiful unit. I will send the cherry nano back Monday for repairs. Here is a picture, the wood grain really stands out.

EDIT - Thanks for the advice about the bees wax. I have some and just put it on (not in this pic).

Last edited:

Uzer

Received my walnut nano today. I've been trying her out with some cantelope haze. A very besutiful unit. I will send the cherry nano back Monday for repairs. Here is a picture, the wood grain really stands out.

If you have some beeswax, put that honey on 10 and get her real hot. Then slather her body with the wax, all over, massage it in, let her cool then buff her off. It will really darken the wood and enrich the grain. I do it with mine when noone's watching.

Edit:oh and use a toothpick to pick the wax from around the lightbulb. It's kinda like cleaning out your bellybutton

Last edited:

nihil

Member, Known Well
Hey all, quick question: Crumble and the nano, what do I do?

I'm seeing don't exceed 8ish on the dial via search, but not finding anything on loading it. Do I sandwich it with some flower?

Disclaimer - I am really fucking high and am sucking at the search function. Just dabbed for the first time in my life, my buddy left me a gram, he took the torch, I don't have a torch, fucking amazon doesn't have 30 minute drone delivery yet, I want to try some more of this "crumble." Any input appreciated.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
How long will that amount of oil/wax last before it burns off?
That will depend on temperature setting, amount of oil and carrier used, ambient temp & humidity levels. When I set temp high with a vvps, say about 12.6v, fill cup half way with no carrier medium, air conditioner running and humidity about 45%, half cup lasts about 1.5-2.0 hrs. Different oils burn at different rates also.

Splatterpop Circus

Stir every two hits or so to get a more even roast if you're not already.
Yup, I'm doing that. I just found it required less stirring if the screen was a little bit deeper.

Your strain of cannabis is more important than a vaporizer!
Oh definitely. I've only used strains I've already tested and that I know put me to sleep with other vaporizers. I'll definitely have to try GDP some time, I just haven't been able to get my hands on any yet.

I have two ideas left:
Next time I use the Nano I'll try vaping later in the night, closer to when the rest of my meds kick in. It may be that the sleepiness hits me too early with the Nano and wears off before the rest of my stuff has a chance to do its work.

It may also be that I've built up a tolerance and need to take a break, which is really gonna suck... I'll try the VB tonight and see if it works better for me since I really need the sleep, but if that doesn't work I'll have to take my first t-break. If it does work, I'll just keep trying with the Nano. I'll also double check my other night meds in case something's wrong, one of 'em just switched to a different generic so that could be causing problems.

If I still have problems do you guys think I should keep posting in this thread, or should I start a new thread in the medical section or something?

Thanks!

BOBCAT

Its Just Temporary
I'd highly recommend looking into one of JoDa's carbed GonGs. It's a game changer in that you don't need to lift the enano or GonG when clearing.

Had one from him for my solo,really wasn't my cup of tea.Ended up selling it in the classifieds and having joda make me a taller gong.Something about having to cover the carb reminds me of my teenage bonghit days.(Which isn't a bad thing) Considering im 52 I feel lucky to remember back to the mid 70's

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Had one from him for my solo,really wasn't my cup of tea.Ended up selling it in the classifieds and having joda make me a taller gong.Something about having to cover the carb reminds me of my teenage bonghit days.(Which isn't a bad thing) Considering im 52 I feel lucky to remember back to the mid 70's
During the 70's we had trees 8 feet tall.
One ounce was $15!

We kept the cola and used the leaves to keep our slippers clean.
Zigzags were in vogue.

Top Bottom