Poostuff

Please delete
I've had the E-Nano for almost a month now & it's my favourite vaporizer of the moment. I bought it primarily to use through water & it really excels in that area. I had read a lot of this thread so I was expecting that but it's nice to see for yourself.
I can't fault it, works flawlessly in Australia with a stepdown from WallCann, clouds up my biggest bubbler & has a less than 10 minute heat up time. I only turn it on when I use it but it's summer here so I assume it'll take a bit longer in winter most of mine do.
I'm impressed & satisfied plus I had great buying experience from Epicvape.

Gray Area

Not everyone has so much time on their hands to read through 400 pages these days when asking a question is much easier. Chances are a lot of people have asked questions before without researching & same questions have most likely asked over & over but that's bound to happen. But thank you for your input I appreciate it.

Has anyone made a video comparison between the Nano & Solo? Would love to see the comparison before I consider buying one since I already just bought a newer model Solo last week that can be used & charged at the same time...:clap::clap::clap:

I used a solo as my home vape, through a bubbler, for over a year before I got my nano.
I have the old version and a PA so I can also use mine plugged in (pretty much by-passing the battery completely).

I love it. I use it now as my out and about vape with an air mp. It's great and got me to quit combusting where other vapes I'd had in the past had failed :tup:

However the nano beats it hands down in every aspect apart from portability.

Leave it on and it's ready to go whenever you are. No waiting about. I can have a quick hit (or two) from my nano in the time I'd wait for the solo to heat.

It's not sitting cooking the load (conduction) while you wait for it to get to temp, so you don't waste any of the flavour and get great taste. If you think the solo tastes nice you'll be blown away by the taste you can get from the nano.

The combination of convection heating and smaller loads (although bigger is good too ;) ) means you'll never taste that burnt popcorn again unless you push the heat too high on the nano (by that point you're probably combusting). However with that dial there is the ability to fine tune your temp to exactly how you like it, not just seven presets.

It also means the nano is much more efficient than the solo. I maybe use a third to half a solo load in my nano, but you can use less or more if you have an adjust a bowl gong or stem.

It's also a damn sight prettier too :love:

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Has anyone made a video comparison between the Nano & Solo? Would love to see the comparison before I consider buying one

Not sure what your looking for. They both produce vapor, that is all you can tell from a video.

Where the nano excels over the Solo is infinite heat on tap and much less draw resistance. The nano can be left on 24/7, so no need to rush through a session in 12 minutes. No need to turn the unit off and on again for multiple bowls. No need to wait 30-60 seconds between hits to let the Solo heater regain it's temperature. No need to wait 4 minutes for you unit to heat up.

And then with the e-nano, you have more control over the heater and the distance your material sits from the heater. You can go much lower than the solo for 0 vapor and all flavor, or you can go higher than the Solo for wax/oil.

I don't mind using the Solo, it does the job. But the nano is just more enjoyable, versatile, and especially TASTY!!!!

NickDlow

Log Hog
Others may disagree but it makes no sense to me to compare a log vape to the Solo. I have an underdog vape which I love and a Solo which I also love but they are totally different. They don't look or act alike. Vapes like the flowermate seem similar in overt function to the Solo. They need to be charged and there are buttons to push for various functions. Not so log vapes. Aside from a log vape being utterly simple to use and beautiful most log vapes are not portable. Has the enano become portable or does it still need to be plugged in like the UD?

No "stock" portable logs Vapes yet that I've seen. I know some members make a custom battery pack but nothing from the manufacturer. I don't think I'd use my log as a portable anyway because 99.9999% of the time I use a water tool.

So @little maggie, how would you compare the Enano to the Underdog? What are the differences?

I have both also and love them equally I'd have to say. But the biggest difference is the nano has more temp control. The nano has a temp dial and the UD does not.

You can get a vvps for your dog, if needed but I'm talking out of box comparison. I have 2 dogs and one I'm getting a vvps for because it runs a bit cool for my liking(blonde ABV). My RedwoodDog has PERFECT temp and doesn't need a vvps(light brown abv).

Either way you will be satisfied!! Just get both and compare yourself lol. Then u win no mater what!

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Not everyone has so much time on their hands to read through 400 pages these days when asking a question is much easier. Chances are a lot of people have asked questions before without researching & same questions have most likely asked over & over but that's bound to happen. But thank you for your input I appreciate it.

Has anyone made a video comparison between the Nano & Solo? Would love to see the comparison before I consider buying one since I already just bought a newer model Solo last week that can be used & charged at the same time...:clap::clap::clap:

Think @Gray Area & @Tweak & others already summed it up pretty well, but can't resist adding my :2c:.

Biggest differences are nano:
  • is much more efficient - 1/3 as much per load average
  • gives ability to change "chamber" size with adjust-a-bowls
  • has more versatile heat setting - dial instead of presets
  • uses A/C power that produces steady heat you can't draw down while hitting
  • has better ability to get good vapor at lower temps - flavor city!
  • has more open draw
  • is much more satisfying with water IME
  • is built with pretty wood
  • must be plugged in
BTW.... all solos produced for more than a year can be used while charging.

There isn't any need to read 400 pages for much, and certainly not for questions like this. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION! Searching "solo" in this thread gives many posts. It comes up in this thread often, in part because many of us own both (seems for many to not be tethered to A/C on occasion and others buy solo first because it is one of the ultimate beginner vapes - then find the nano). Would guess about 1/4 of those search hits are people like you asking for comparison, but the rest are just that - comparisons! Now we even have some more. There are also a few full threads comparing nano to solo and other vapes. They are usually closed after a few pages due to fanboy rants and battles, but have a good bit of useful info. Another good place to check is threads that are "Which vape should I get?", or similar.

Also agree with Tweak that I don't see the value of a video comparison. Can find many videos of each and think comparisons from video to video shouldn't be too hard. Gotta say though.... your "Looks like a copied design from Solo" we all had some fun with made it pretty plain you hadn't really looked at anything. The similarities as far as these vapes are concerned pretty much end with - they are both cylindrical vaporizors that use a glass stem of some sort. Probably could have found a response to your question in the same time or less than you took to type it. FC search function is an amazing thing. Think that's why it is on every single page in the forum.

Fortunately for you and other users, many of us like to write in this thread due to nano-love. All here know I sure like to! But, I gotta ask... if you assume (correctly) many others have asked the same question, why not just search? If nothing else, your questions would be answered much quicker.

What is the best temp for powder keif? I am trying a thinnn layer of flower, a stack of keif
and another dusting of flower. Mixed results so far, at 7 with a pre heat is weak. Or higher 8 ish is close to combustion. Abv is dark cocoa, maybe too much kief?

It really depends on the nano and how you're set up, but I think lower temps are better for kief. Doesn't take as much heat to vape it up, and have found higher temps wipe it out quickly. If you're on water (and inverted) try this for a tasty treat.... put just a very thin layer of flower on screen to keep kief from falling through. Then add kief with no layer of flower on top. Vape at low temp (5.5 or so for me with screen at "notch" height). It's friggin awesome! After taste starts getting flat (5 - 10 hits?), turn up the heat 1/4 notch for each of a few more hits. Don't stir until last hit or 2 (usually at 6.25 - 6.75 for me). I use a 4 piece grinder on occasion, and only to gather keif for just this. I used to try to save it for compressing, but temptation to do this makes that very difficult for me! FWIW I usually use a two piece to keep the kief with the flowers it comes off of. More now, but none to play with later.

... Has the enano become portable or does it still need to be plugged in like the UD?

Nope, not portable yet and doubt it will be. Know there are many wishing for this (me included), but doesn't seem like it will - or really can - happen. Seems much of the beauty of the nano is the solid, steady heat it puts out and don't think you could ever get there without solid, steady power (plugged in). That's not to say Andy isn't working on a portable (or will in future). Would be interesting to see what he could come up with if he ever has time while creating lovely nanos, but think if he did it would be something different. Have been playing with a D/C to A/C converter in the car and it works well (other than ambient temp issues in winter), but think that's about as close as we'll get. I guess it (and other log vapes that are native D/C) could be portable, too. You just have to find an easy way to cart around a car battery and keep it charged! ;) Maybe a motorcycle or lawn tractor battery?

Interesting hypothetical..... someone comes on and gripes and whines about their purchasing experience. Is pretty much ignored until it goes on and on, and people start to respond. For the most part the responses are that they should have read a little of the thread to have found out what they experienced was pretty normal, and better than many others have. In other words... expectations may not have been realistic and that could have been found with a little reading. A mere few days after stating "not complaining - just sharing experience" - still with no acknowledgement they should have looked a little closer into the experience - they are grumbling again. This time about not getting a response from someone who was good enough to post they'd be out of the country for a couple weeks - direct inquiries to someone else.

WTF? Live and learn? Apparently not for some. No wonder shit gets screwed up for some people! Please don't recommend the nano to others, or if you do please don't mention this thread. Sorry to be a dick, but hate it when people start to make my favorite thread on my favorite forum start to look like GC. :disgust:

Last edited:

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
enano_2.jpg

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
A while back I said I was going to begin testing the sr-71 coils grade 2 titanium in the Nano stems for concentrates. I think I'm having great success and recommend them over the s/s and o/c.
There's a hole in the center of the coil I rolled up a stainless steel screen and bent it in half fill the hole the coil was a little bit too big I had to squish it a little to fit it in the stem.I inserted the coil from the mouthpiece and you have complete adjustability.I hope this helps anybody interested:ko:
rWDuKbZ.jpg

Bonus as the coil gets loaded up with errll mega tasty rips off the Gr-2 titanium:nod:
Kpn1VFO.jpg

Last edited:

MuushuPork

A while back I said I was going to begin testing the sr-71 coils grade 2 titanium in the Nano stems for concentrates. I think I'm having great success and recommend them over the s/s and o/c.
There's a hole in the center of the coil I rolled up a stainless steel screen and bent it in half fill the hole the coil was a little bit too big I had to squish it a little to fit it in the stem.I inserted the coil from the mouthpiece and thus come that way you have complete adjustability.I hope this helps anybody interested:ko:
rWDuKbZ.jpg

Kpn1VFO.jpg
I just ball up a tiny bit of ss and wash with iso then put between basket screens. Works flawless cheap n easy. I think all who use ss wool would be surprised how little it actually takes.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Sorry guys won't post anymore, thought it was humorous and just trying to share but I guess everyone has already seen it...

Please don't stop posting things like this! I hadn't seen it (never searched E nano, only nano).

Anything that can freak us out a bit - especially in a twisted sideshow kind of way - is good stuff IMO!

So... enano is español for dwarf? Dying to know if this was part of Andy's reason for naming. Seems appropriate. It is one bad-ass little mofo, not unlike the dwarves of middle earth! Now that I think about it, some of those dwarfs that used to hang out with Snow White looked like they could be a little bad-ass if they needed to, too.

Maybe time to start calling mine Thorin. It truly is King of the Dwarves!

Thanks for inspiring a little quick photoshop fun...

Enanos con e-nano
JjHIDsM.jpg

Yeah... I know. I need to get a few more pics of my nano to work with.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Don't be like that, I really enjoy amusing posts. Keep up the good work.
Yeah bud I think we all just joshin around man no harm no foul.
What has been seen cannot be unseen.:o
354cc9e7b14884aeecb47fe34a10f8f68d82ce81ff210a7e308d3eb065c2cbfe.jpg

made me giggle @SSVUN~YAH!
Please don't stop posting things like this! I hadn't seen it (never searched E nano, only nano).

Anything that can freak us out a bit - especially in a twisted sideshow kind of way - is good stuff IMO!

So... enano is español for dwarf? Dying to know if this was part of Andy's reason for naming. Seems appropriate. It is one bad-ass little mofo, not unlike the dwarves of middle earth! Now that I think about it, some of those dwarfs that used to hang out with Snow White looked like they could be a little bad-ass if they needed to, too.

Maybe time to start calling mine Thorin. It truly is King of the Dwarves!

Thanks for inspiring a little quick photoshop fun...

Enanos con e-nano
JjHIDsM.jpg

Yeah... I know. I need to get a few more pics of my nano to work with.
:leaf::lol::leaf::tup::leaf:

Top Bottom