• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hi everyone, my first post here! I've been perusing the site for a few weeks here, and I don't think I've come across a more helpful community, you guys all seem great! I've had a MFLB for a couple of years and like it very much, and the E-Nano and other log tapes drew my interest because they are similarly built with wood, are efficient, etc. I purchased a walnut E-nano and have had it for about a week, and should be getting my buckeye burl E-Nano (from snappos) next week! Will probably give the walnut E-nano to a friend once I see the buckeye burl, looking forward to it!

Anyway, I've read through much of this thread and have seen pretty much nothing but universal praise, and how efficient log vapes are. So far in my use it seems I'm using more herb than I did with my MFLB (granted it's still a small amount compared to combusting), but I'm not too sure if I'm doing everything right. I have the stock stem that came with it, I pack a small amount into it against the metal screen, I've pre-heated the e-nano for at least 5 minutes on a 6.5 setting, and I seem to be able to get 2-3 draws out of it and then it's a darkish brown color where it seems to be about done...but maybe people here keep using it for additional hits afterward? The MFLB has a nice users guide and tons of youtube videos about how to use it, I couldn't find too much besides this forum on how to use it properly. I'm not saying I'm disappointed, just a little discouraged, though I'm hoping there's just a slight learning curve I have to get over and then it will be amazing. I hope to one day get a water bubbler for it, but that's a ways off.

My only nitpick with the actual unit, the power cord seems a little heavy overpowers the unit so it doesn't sit up straight, unless the cord is balanced against something else. I'm sure I'll get used to it though. :)

Welcome to the forum! You have made an excellent purchase! I wish my first desktop vape purchase was an E-nano!

2-3 GOOD draws sounds about right for the E-nano. Though I have found an extra several 'invisible' draws when using a bright flashlight to illuminate my bubbler. Though overall, I empty my load after 3-4 hits.

Your E-Nano is WAY more powerful than your MFLB, it's no wonder why the same amount of material may be consumed faster. If you want to extend the number of hits, why not starting your session at 5.5 for the first 1-2 draws, and then bumping up to 6.5 for the last 1-3 draws?

Regarding the heavy powercord. this is a common problem. Hence the new nano stand accessory which holds a nano and 4 accessories. I personally ordered my custom Afzelia burl nano 0.25 inches taller to make it a bit heavier to prevent the cord from twisting up my Nano (which it has worked very well). Though I think the Nano stand is a great idea to prevent the cord issue from becoming an issue.

Dude, water filtration is where the Nano shines!! There's a whole thread in the glass section dedicated to cheap high quality bubblers. Most all of my waterpipe collection was less than $40 a piece. I have over 5 pieces to use, all of which cost less than $300 in total! I love switching up my glass every 2 weeks. Today I tried a new small glass bubbler and the taste was superior, I was amazed at how a simple change in glass could affect the flavor.

HSIHP

Happy Holidays everyone. First night with the tree up, celebrating the weekend.
wMG6SRD.jpg

Qwin8

Vaporist
Crap neighbor with almost same address doesn't have my package
left my cell # at the post office look at my cell and it in airplane mode
ooh the misery waiting for Monday to see if everything comes

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
@beck420 I've toyed with a few ideas concerning the cord and lack of a weighted base to keep it stable when set down. Good cable management is necessary and about the only thing slightly bothersome about the unit. Possibly, a more flexible cable would be more forgiving?

Yesterday I was considering a way to use a couple thin magnets to attach a small 2 piece Space Case grinder to the metal baseplate to lower the center of gravity and add a weight to the base. But adding additional weight would affect how easily this lightweight device can be used, especially with water tools and such.

Right now, I'm waiting for an aluminum stand to come which I think will be the solution I need without having to modify anything.

blamejane

I've only used my nano with the dry stem that comes with it, so I have no experience with water tools. For those that have used with both, do you prefer the water over a dry session?

blamejane,

lazylathe

Almost there...
Replacement E-Nano update time!!!

So my precious nano had fallen from my grace as i was not getting the amazing flavour profiles i used to get. I tried all the outlets in the house and none of them changed the experience...
So i had almost made my mind up to let someone else try this vape, something i had told my self i would never do!

There had to be something i was missing!!
When i first received my original Nano it worked like a dream!!
Then after a year or so it started to not be enjoyable anymore for some reason.
And now the replacement was in almost the same sad state! This was unacceptable!

So i hunted around my workshop for a possible solution.
I spotted a Step UP/DOWN transformer i had bought when i was sent the wrong FakeXhale Cloud a while ago. The Cloud was DOA and i was too lazy to return the transformer as always i thought i may be able to use it someday... And today was the day!!!

Plugged the transformer in and plugged the Nano into the 110V outlet and turned everything on.
Nano started heating and i let her warm up for maybe 5 minutes.
Burnt my lip getting too close trying to see if it was ready! LOL!

Loaded a freshly cleaned stem with OG Kush and WOW!!!
There it is again!!!
Full flavor, awesome clouds and smooth as the best Malt Scotch Whiskey!!!

Again with a small nug of Girl Scout Cookies and WOW X2!!!!
Delicate minty chocolate flavors, oh boy this is going to be a good day!!!

So i am in love again with my Nano!!
All because of bad/dirty power which is strange because i live in Canada...
Oh well the transformer finally has a use and this also means i never have to move the Nano's dial!!!
Correct temp is always set!!!
:rofl::rockon::nod::luv:

beck420

Thanks for the tips! @Ratchett I will start at a lower temp and see if I can get more out of it that way. The heavy power cord isn't a big deal, just something I noticed right away. As far as water filtration, I do have an Orbiter that I haven't used much, I see @HSIHP has his connected to an e-nano. I'm not a fan of the silicone, but it's worth a try. Money but more importantly space are concerns with a dedicated bubbler, I kind of regret getting the orbiter but maybe the e-nano can make the most out of it.

NickDlow

Log Hog
I've only used my nano with the dry stem that comes with it, so I have no experience with water tools. For those that have used with both, do you prefer the water over a dry session?

You will love you're nano 10x's more once you use a WP. There's nothing like water cooled, super flavorful e-nano vapor. I HIGHLY sugest using water with your nano!!

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
You will love you're nano 10x's more once you use a WP. There's nothing like water cooled, super flavorful e-nano vapor. I HIGHLY sugest using water with your nano!!
And a good WP is only about $40 and a two week wait for the mail man. discovering that I could afford to buy several nice glass pieces and connect them to a bubbler is one of the greatest things FC has shown me.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker

I usually use water tools so I can get HUGE rips, but I occasionally like to enjoy the flavor profile when using it dry

@beck420 If you're in need of some more glass, check out the cheap high quality bubblers thread in the glass section. I have 4 cheap glass pieces ordered directly from china, none cost over $40 shipped.

Maine420

GROOVY GRANNY
I see that there are 2 types of stans for the E Nano, which would be the best to get? My Nano is flopping around as well? Is the aluminum heavier than the wood?

Maine420,

blamejane

Thanks for the feedback on WP everyone.

And a good WP is only about $40 and a two week wait for the mail man. discovering that I could afford to buy several nice glass pieces and connect them to a bubbler is one of the greatest things FC has shown me.

I will search the glass thread as suggested, but just wondering what's this $40 bubbler being referred to...how about a link?

blamejane,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I will search the glass thread as suggested, but just wondering what's this $40 bubbler being referred to...how about a link?

All depends on personal preference, Hell, you could get by with the original D020 for around $20 if you really want to save money. Or you can spend $30-40 and get more volume and diffusion.

Read the past 50 pages of this thread there are many options and many sellers:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cheap-high-quality-bubbler.5255

Here's another useful thread
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/d...-you-must-post-a-review-see-first-post.15709/

vaplen

vaplen,

MuushuPork

Water, no question. Stem is nice for flavor but water da bess.

MuushuPork,
Reactions: flotntoke

blamejane

Thanks

Awesome, thanks for the link. With all of the recommendations I'm excited to purchase a new WP toy for my nano. I hate waiting for the mail though...I just want to drive to the local headshop and purchase one. D'oh.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Thanks

Awesome, thanks for the link. With all of the recommendations I'm excited to purchase a new WP toy for my nano. I hate waiting for the mail though...I just want to drive to the local headshop and purchase one. D'oh.

And that would be my preference. ... yes cheap glass from China sounds like a great deal but I prefer to support the local glassblower community and I found some really nice pieces at my LHS some were pretty close to the $40 mark.

blamejane

And that would be my preference. ... yes cheap glass from China sounds like a great deal but I prefer to support the local glassblower community and I found some really nice pieces at my LHS some were pretty close to the $40 mark.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to look at what my LHS carried, but without a recommendation on a particular piece of glass, how will I know if the hit will be smooth, or harsh on my throat? Since I don't own a GonG, I wouldn't be able to use any WP until I get one. Lastly, which GonG will I need...14mm or 18mm.

blamejane,

NickDlow

Log Hog
It all depends on what type of connection your WP has.

For vapor IMO what I look for is balance with the vape on it, minimal diffusion, med-lrg volume can, base size, and thickness.

snamuh

ghost
I'm waiting on the fc-187(?). Can I use PayPal with dhgate....??

How do you think the fc187 and gb187 compare with the d020 with the nano? Flavor would be nice but honestly I don't taste much with my current set up which is a mflb stem fitted with tubing which goes inside the dry nano stem. This is in a small cheap piece with no fancy diffusion, just the mflb stem.

Another quick question. For oils and concentrates I want to use as wool, but o cannot find any info (lunch break search!) on the kind people are buying. Has anybody had luck with any bought from Lowes or home depot? Or know a better option online? Should I just go with a oil pad from another cape vendor? Currently I have 2 basket screens with the flat sides facing each other and regular screen sandwiched in between but occasionally it splatters through and gets into the stem.

PS... I have spent wayyyy to much money this year.

Last edited:
snamuh,

Mulehead

It all depends on what type of connection your WP has.

For vapor IMO what I look for is balance with the vape on it, minimal diffusion, med-lrg volume can, base size, and thickness.

NickDlow nailed it IMO, and I can't stress minimal diffusion enough. Diffusion steals the flavor (and a few goodies) when vaping.

In fact @blamejane when I try to turn my combustion buddies on to vaping, I have them try it dry first. I'm just a flavor whore tho, reckon I've been called worse.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Since I don't own a GonG, I wouldn't be able to use any WP until I get one. Lastly, which GonG will I need...14mm or 18mm.

You can take an existing Stem and use some tubing or tape to make it fit into a 18/14mm connection. They are tapered so you don't need to be too precise.

14 or 18 would depend on your glass. 18mm is my preference, you can always get a 18-14mm adapter, which IMO works better than a reducing 18-14mm.

I don't mind dry or wet, it's all good to me. Dry has more flavor and doesn't bother me too much unless I do multiple sessions. YMMV.

beck420

@beck420 Grinding? Stirring? Measuring bowl placement? Other outlets.

I haven't been grinding at all, I do stir it with the epic after the 2nd or 3rd hit. I've left the screen where it came by default, and only put a little bit into it at a time. Where the first notch on the e-pick is, my herb is always below that by a bit. I'll check out the glass thread, hopefully I can find something US made for under $100.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I haven't been grinding at all, I do stir it with the epic after the 2nd or 3rd hit. I've left the screen where it came by default, and only put a little bit into it at a time. Where the first notch on the e-pick is, my herb is always below that by a bit. I'll check out the glass thread, hopefully I can find something US made for under $100.
Check out the magic flight orbiter or soulshinefamilyglass or the VaporBrothers Hydrator

Top Bottom