• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

EverythingsHazy

I had NO IDEA that folks confused the ends of the gong! I love them just the way they are, especially at $14!

It's not so much getting confused which side is which, as it is getting stoned (possibly in the dark) and touching the hot part by accident. The silicone helps with that. It also helps with holding the stem and nano with one hand horizontally when you want to take a dry hit.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I vote to keep the silicone. I'm new to the nano but I appreciate having a cool place to handle the hot end.

+1

With a naked GonG I have a hard time pulling a stuck joint. The Silicone is much easier to grip.

I like the handle idea. I use a taped shut pinch slide with a handle from OGB as my stopper on my Cloudbuddy, that extra leverage helps tremendously.

I want some colored silicone and maybe even ribbed!:freak:

Is colored Silicone possible? I know 7th floor has colored tubing but I've found it cannot withstand the temps of a nano GonG.

Tweak,
Reactions: exit

biohacker

Are my gong's extra long or something? Either I have fingers of steel, or my gong just doesn't get as hot? I use them with my Solo too...never an issue. Perhaps I just have high tolerance (which matches my actual weed tolerance!)? lol

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Could be the thickness of your glass, I have a thick and thin wall GonG. Right now my thin wall I can feel the heat through the silicone and it is blistering hot right above the silicone.

Or maybe the placement of the screen, basket screen or domed, size of your load. I believe the screens retain a lot of the heat and may transfer it to the glass. Longer sessions, idk.

I have a few battle scars from the tip of the gong, :freak:

biohacker

I have the newer super thick gong's....and keep my screen at the Epik recommended distance, and I do leave the Nano on the gong to heat soak, and use it like crazy and still never an issue. It's not even warm where I pick it up. I'm starting to think it has more to do with the connection to the glass piece. My bubbler with dewaar is pretty recessed, but I think i'd have to cut the silicone.

Lahey

Cruisin'
I got inspired by the wall hook idea and set out to the dollar store with a mission. I found some sturdy potato chip bag clips and some little wall hangers with a strong adhesive on the back.

Awesome, the bag clips are a great idea!

Lahey,
Reactions: vapordab

biohacker

Opened up my Nano as part of my maintenance program and discovered that everything was clean inside except the bottom plastic black plate was covered in the finest powdered ABV.

biohacker,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I don't think screens will scratch glass unless you are doing something really fucked up with them...

I HATE putting cotton, extra screens, or anything else in the airway [other than water]- it all adds restriction.

3- whatever floats your boat

EverythingsHazy

I don't think screens will scratch glass unless you are doing something really fucked up with them...

I HATE putting cotton, extra screens, or anything else in the airway [other than water]- it all adds restriction.

3- whatever floats your boat

Thanks for the glass and screen answer.

EverythingsHazy,

Benjaja

I don't have enough posts yet to participate in the classifieds thread, and I hope I'm not out of place asking this here. I found a lightly used walnut e-nano on reddit's entexchange for $160. Does this sound reasonable? My friend will buy my SSV for $120 and I am ready for the change.

Benjaja,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I don't have enough posts yet to participate in the classifieds thread, and I hope I'm not out of place asking this here. I found a lightly used walnut e-nano on reddit's entexchange for $160. Does this sound reasonable? My friend will buy my SSV for $120 and I am ready for the change.
My nano replaced my LSV

biohacker

You don't have enough posts to sell, but you can PM and purchase, and there is one in the Classifieds presently.

My nano replaced my LSV

Can you explain why? And maybe a little pros/cons of both? Reason i'm asking is that i LOVE my Nano, BUT i've been also thinking about the LSV for down the road....something about it I just can't get out of my mind. Maybe you can convince me not to buy one since i'm so happy with my Nano?

exit

i have made a pictoral guide to help with the question of gong packing..... @ACE OF VAPE no worries to host this on your storefront of course perhaps include as a printout as is....

6rRs5c7.png

You don't have enough posts to sell, but you can PM and purchase, and there is one in the Classifieds presently.

Can you explain why? And maybe a little pros/cons of both? Reason i'm asking is that i LOVE my Nano, BUT i've been also thinking about the LSV for down the road....something about it I just can't get out of my mind. Maybe you can convince me not to buy one since i'm so happy with my Nano?

The LSV is halfway between the SSV and the nano... you should get a blemished SSV if you want the 7th floor experience. imo they complement each other much better than a lsv and a nano would. lsv function is closer to the nano but the nano is superior.

Last edited:

biohacker

Thanks! Great post and pics! I had an SSV but don't do tubing so I figured LSV was the one to use with my glass. But if the nano is superior you just saved me $200! Thanks man!

Still love my nano! I get to hit it tonight after a 5 day T break! Can't wait to try to conserve and see how far I can stretch .1-.2g!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

Can you explain why? And maybe a little pros/cons of both? Reason i'm asking is that i LOVE my Nano, BUT i've been also thinking aboux-apple-msg-load://143C1DC9-C601-4E3A-B6C1-AA542E11CB29/#item27967t the LSV for down the road....something about it I just can't get out of my mind. Maybe you can convince me not to buy one since i'm so happy with my Nano?
The LSV is a good device

lSV is a good powerful device!
My need is medical and the NANO is easier to use!

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
Well I did it. I ordered a walnut model this morning. Would have ordered an exotic wood, but none in stock. But I'm sure it will be beautiful no matter what. I'm hoping it will pair well with my various dhgate glass I've recently acquired.

Im sure happy that I invested my big money into the e-nano instead of much more expensive glass.

I got into a bad habit of combustion after discovering I don't love dabs and got tired of my Firefly. So this should get me back on track

Last edited:

vaplen

@Ratchett speaking of a custom carb'd gong...

Yesterday while cleaning my gong I pulled it out of my jar of ISO and it slipped from my hand and flew across the room and shattered on the end where the nano connects still usable but definitely not ideal. I hit @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd up and literally within a minute he replied asking what I was looking for and I described I wanted an 18mm red or green dribbly styled gong with a handle(which is the carb). He replied with this pic of a gong someone backed out on:
KqdVWoI.jpg

I just wanted to express the pleasure it was dealing with him. He replied quick, professional and personable. If you need glass I would highly recommend going through him. I may hit him up in the future when I need something else glass related.

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I did get the gong for my glass and some extra screens to mess around with and it is awesome to know that there are even aftermarket bits available. I'm crossing my fingers that it gets shipped today and USPS is quick about it. Also crossing my fingers that the e-nano will fit well on my favorite piece. I measured and guessed and it should be no problem, but I will worry until I know for sure.

Top Bottom