• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Re: the screen and e-pick should that sit at the top of the basket of the bottom inside.
And for that matter do you keep the basket open side up of flat side up. ?
I know that was discussed but can seem to find it .

The basket should sit upside down - your herb should sit on the flat (bottom?) side of the basket screen. The e-pik distance should be measured from the opening of the stem to the flat section of the basket

mindfields

I've been trying to wait at least 15 minutes after setting it at the temperature I want, but I think the advice has really helped out. I'd read that earlier in this thread and assumed the short side was what was being talked about, since the long side seemed too long. Didn't even think of using the notch. I got much better results this time. There was plenty of vapor, and way stronger effects. It sounds so simple, but damn was I having a hard time. It was like failing at solving a Rubick's Cube - the more I messed with it, the harder it was to figure out.

Thanks a ton for the quick help. This thing is awesome, and it'll probably only get more awesome as I tune in on how to use it best.

Jahannum

(。´∀`)ノ
I use the flat side of the screen to load my flowers, however I add a second screen spun upside down like a basket pushed directly together with the original screen. This keeps almost all plant particulate out of the bottom half inside of my GonG, and my Glass tool.

Downside is I have to change both screens daily, however I have alot of screens, and cleaning is simple.

biohacker

I'm gonna try that double screen thing @Jahannum ! Does it noticeably cut down airflow?

Having a discussion with @lazylathe yesterday about the glass stems. Mine all have some sort of pressed ring inside them which I always assumed was the stopper so it didn't go past a certain point. @lazylathe said that all of his stems are smooth, and the heater port notch is what stops the tube.

What's the purpose of the pressed ring in my stems? Is this some sort of "stop" for the basket screens? Just wondering, because these stems can be found on ebay for very inexpensive.

biohacker,
Reactions: Jahannum

FUnhouse

So I actually tried turning the screen to the flat side last night , I had been using it like a basket .
I used the e-pick to space it and combusted a little on the first try just a little .
In the end I think I like it as a basket as well It seems to roast more evenly and completely .But that's just me .

fuzzybunny

So I actually tried turning the screen to the flat side last night , I had been using it like a basket .
I used the e-pick to space it and combusted a little on the first try just a little .
In the end I think I like it as a basket as well It seems to roast more evenly and completely .But that's just me .
I like using the screen as a basket as well; the top of the basket marks my ideal sized load.

btka

i like the screen turned to the flat side... i recived them from epicvape also flat... and i am stirring and mashing with the epic (pushing the herb against the glass of the stem with the epic)... so if it would be like a basket i would be scared to scrath metall parts of the screen or epic... but if you don t stir it with your epic in the stem, it shouldn t be a problem...

Newcastle

Stoned!
Okay here is how I do it. I like the flat top of the basket. I drop it through the bottom and use a chopstick to put it in too far..That's right too far! Then I use the E-pic to shove it back until the notch hits the glass. My favorite part that gets forgotten is you need screens from the Extreme Q. That screen goes on the bottom of the gong. It catches the little stuff that gets through from stirring and the draw. After a few sessions I take it off and scrape it with the E-pic. I usually sandwich half of this in between my next load and :whoa:.

Oh it also keeps your glass cleaner. On another note this was not my idea. I don't know who came up with it. I just want to remind people of what they are missing if they are not.

GSH

On a Möbius plane
Just ordered a new walnut Nano. Lost the screen from my heating element in my current one when I was trying to pick some bits out of it that had gotten stuck. It got a but deformed and now won't go back properly.

Actually quite like it without the screen, more even roasting I reckon, but want a new one for aesthetic purposes.

Also my current Nano is an older unit with fixed cord, so i am looking forward to the upgrade :D

Last edited:
21n16vr.jpg
[/IMG] Just whipped this up with a block of wood and a band saw in about 10 minutes

http://i58.tinypic.com/21n16vr.jpg

fregglepops

oooooh yeah!!!! nano is at the post office. I shall retrieve her tomorrow!!!!! I dunno what to say,gettin all weepy!!!!:p Seriously though I have missed her loads and canna wait till I get my grubby paws on her again. Just did some 'shopping' tonight too so happy days!!!! @Seren you can take me off suicide watch now!!!hehe. :rockon:

Top Bottom