TeeJay1952

The world is round so we all fit.
I have both and NO2 and Da Budda and Hot Box knock off.
All are different tools for different occasions. I (IMHO) think everyone is too close to the problem to see the truth.
Cannabis is the cure and I can't remember the question.

ps $50 more or less is nothing. compared to what we waste on other crap. You are quibbling over the price Andy set? Don't buy it. Think Nano is amazing life changing appliance? Get 2. I never told my kids which one I liked more, same here.

Gray Area

I believe you are confusing premium and sale

If you look on UD's site you will see many of their vapes go for ~$200 USD. However, they are currently running a sale.
The fact that the price of a UD is currently below an Enano does not mean that enano is a superior product and is charging a "premium" for features, that like you said, arent there.

However, people have stated reasons for their preference, if there was a clearly superior product, both threads would not have several hundred pages of material.

Choose your vape based on your needs, if the VPS doesnt bother you, I honestly think that is a better deal right now. I chose my enano because Andy was willing to work with custom wood and I prefer its form factor. The non twig UD's look a bit big for my personal preference.

I did not mean to come across as rude, however I feel that you were berating us for failing to point out differences that dont exist.

The main difference IMO between AC and DC log vapes is that DC log vapes can be run on a battery pretty easily while AC cannot

Words of wisdom :tup:

DonDizzurp

ELEVATED
All I want is a DC powered e-nano with built-in temp control :( I suppose that would cause the device to grow a little bit (probably end up the size of the Solo) but we could at least use it in cars or with battery packs and not worry about blowing things up.

I still prefer the enano over the other log vapes even though they offer DC.

The heating element and the design won me over.

DonDizzurp,

max

Out to lunch
If you had read any of the 600+ pages on these two vapes (I've read 90% of them), you would find next to nothing to differentiate them from each other beyond the power cable.
That's apparently your opinion but it's not universally shared.

It's amazing how snippy these dedicate threads get if you infer that the vape could possibly be less than stellar compared to the competition.
I'd say you're being pretty snippy yourself. I don't care what vape you buy, and although I'm sure regular posters in each vape thread can be called fans, we (management included) don't like to see 'fanboys' tossed around as a label. Since you seem so certain that your UD buy is such a good one, and the e-nano offers nothing extra of any value to you, I suggest you go ahead with your planned purchase and avoid any further disagreement in this thread.

beware116

I believe you are confusing premium and sale

If you look on UD's site you will see many of their vapes go for ~$200 USD. However, they are currently running a sale.
The fact that the price of a UD is currently below an Enano does not mean that enano is a superior product and is charging a "premium" for features, that like you said, arent there.

However, people have stated reasons for their preference, if there was a clearly superior product, both threads would not have several hundred pages of material.

Choose your vape based on your needs, if the VPS doesnt bother you, I honestly think that is a better deal right now. I chose my enano because Andy was willing to work with custom wood and I prefer its form factor. The non twig UD's look a bit big for my personal preference.

I did not mean to come across as rude, however I feel that you were berating us for failing to point out differences that dont exist.

The main difference IMO between AC and DC log vapes is that DC log vapes can be run on a battery pretty easily while AC cannot

Had you taken the effort to read what I had written, you would know that I am aware of the sale UD is having. Charging a Premium != Being Premium. This whole thread must have some sore knees from jumping to so many conclusions.

The simple fact is, one is more expensive. It must be nice to be in an economic situation where you don't have to care about $50 here or there. I'm not, so I'm attempting to be thorough in my research and not rely on hearsay.

I was asking what, if anything other than the power supply, could justify the extra an E-Nano costs right now. "Nothing" is an INFINITELY more useful answer to the question than spouting off about the only thing I said I didn't care about.

I've heard the heating element is "better." What about it is better? I like some actual information instead of random internet superlatives. They are both made of extremely safe materials with great thermal capacity. Is the UD stainless steel? Heating faster is a valid pro, but I'd like to know if that's merely an extension of the stock UD PSU running it at a lower temp.

I can live with or without a separate VVPS, so it has absolutely zero bearing on my purchase decision. If that is truly the only determining factor, I'll go with a UD.

FWIW, I was going to get an Ash UD Twig if I got a UD. I'm pursuing a used E-Nano, but will probably get a UD if that doesn't work out. The money that I save going used or UD is going straight into one of the cheap bubblers.

That's apparently your opinion but it's not universally shared.

GREAT!!!!! If that opinion is NOT universally shared, then PLEASE share the reasons why! That is what I'm asking. I'm not here to trash the E-Nano, I'm here to get educated. If there are additional reasons to own an E-Nano, I would like to know them. That is, after all, the only reason I posted here in the first place.

I also think it's ridiculous for a person to just buy a thing in order to avoid confrontation. I had a simple question that could have been answered in one succinct post. All I want is that information.

beware116

It's pretty frustrating when 2 pages of an internet forum that is supposed to be dedicated to open discussion and education about vaporizing products spend all their time inserting words into your mouth, talking down to you while not answering the question at all, and jumping to conclusions about how you feel about a device that you are trying only to learn about.

I asked a question, it took two pages of nonsense to get a single reasonable answer out of it and there is still plenty to know (apparently). That is embarrassing as a dedicated community.

EDIT: I had already started a conversation with pigfoot before even bothering to post here. $150 for an E-Nano is the same price I'd pay for a Twig, 3 extra stems, and a car charger. That is why I want to know what advantages exist. Supposedly there are plenty, I'd love to hear them.

PS: Does a thing supply power? It's a power supply. It doesn't have an external wallwart, those two things are NOT synonymous.

beware116

Don't blame the entire community over one hostile member.

It would be less telling if it were an isolated incident. Many of the dedicated threads are extremely hostile to anyone with anything bad or anything that could be inferred as bad to say about that vape. This is the first time I've seen 2 pages of people telling someone how they don't know anything while they proceed to talk about something entirely unrelated.

beware116,
Reactions: steama

beware116

What? Since when is that the topic of this discussion? Beyond that, I didn't call them dishonest I said the jargon was dishonest. I'm trying to have a reasonable discussion about differences between vapes, I have no clue what you're on about.

So does anyone have anything actually useful to add to this discussion? I'd still like to know about the real differences between the E-Nano and the Underdog regarding everything other than their differing power cables.

PS:
@steama you should learn what jargon means. Referring to the temp control of the unit as "built-in" is not correct on multiple levels, beyond my explicitly stated lack of interest in it.

PSS: Great job trying to attack me personally instead of contributing any actual info to a discussion that I keep trying to bring back to the vapes at hand.

max

Out to lunch
It would be less telling if it were an isolated incident. Many of the dedicated threads are extremely hostile to anyone with anything bad or anything that could be inferred as bad to say about that vape. This is the first time I've seen 2 pages of people telling someone how they don't know anything while they proceed to talk about something entirely unrelated.
From the rules page- All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner.

It's my determination that you're not doing that. It's also apparent that there'll be no meeting of the minds on technical differences between these models.

No trolling. Please do not post any content that disrupts the peace and harmony of this board. Don’t post for or the purpose of starting a dispute.

That's also part of the 'Be nice' section of the rules, and that's all that's going on here now. It ends here.

steama said:
oh really now — who's dishonest?
You're over the line now too.

LazyIdol

Enano:
AC power, has a stop built into the stems so heater is a constant distance. Comes out of the box with the ability to adjust the temperature. Ceramic heating element. Heats up quickly. Small form factor.

UD:
DC power, stems dont have built in stop, need to be manually determined (not 100% sure). Needs a VPS for adjust ability. Can be used with batteries if using a VPS.

Like I said above, the features are not that different, I agree with your statement. The UD probably offers you a better deal currently.

I probably left out some info on the UD as I don't own one.

Both:
Kick ass vapes that will suit most peoples needs
Have creators involved in FC and willing to help

IF you have more questions about the enano please message me and I will be happy to answer any I am capable of

Edit:
Here is an old thread I opened about the differences between the HI and ENano. The HI is a DC log vape similar to the UD and this link may be a good resource
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/differences-between-hi-and-e-nano.13648/

Hated

I read some one saying they were on there 3rd UD because the heating elements burn out, cant say I put much effort into looking into this but it definitely turned me off.

Having those extra stems would definitely come in handy,I wish the nano came with more as I broke mine with in the first 3 days. I still have no regrets with my decision I think the nano is kick ass

CPdragon

A Cool Purple Dragon
The wood getting warm is a reflection of the temp, after it's been on a while, but it doesn't have to be hot to provide vapor. It's not a part of the heat production or retention process. OTOH your initial lack of vapor could be due to just not waiting long enough for the vape to reach vaping temp. Some vape models can reach vaping temp within seconds, but this isn't one of those. It does take a few min.

Haha, yeah, I was aware of the startup times and did leave the nano on for a while (appreciate the sentiment, though).

Would having the nano attached to an extension cord might have something to do with it? I also know the place I live has some super outdated electrical and is in general bad shape alltogether, so that could have something to do with it. (Hell, I do have a poor perception of time, so I should put on a timer just to see how long it takes)

I think what my nano really needs is some (more) experimentation to find out where the golden "experience" spot is.

Edit: This isn't to say my experience with my nano was anything but a 11/10, seriously, this thing is amazing

Last edited:
CPdragon,
Reactions: steama

Hated

What temperature/ draw speed/ amount is ideal for using the nano with a water pipe ?
This is the only vape ive tried through a water pipe and I seem to be getting some good results but I'm not blown away like I thought I would be (by vapor bonging in general not my nano) and I think I could be getting more

Hated — I love your screen name. Welcome to FC :tup:
Thanks ! Feelin the avatar, looks like a Rasta zombie Jesus haha

Hated,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
So excited... by weeks end, I will sharing photos of my complete set- Nano + Eds stem. I can't wait to see what he came up with!

Now for the full package, I also have coming A JoDa Hammer, GonG and carb cap... I am in the que, but not sure when those will show up:D

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I like clean screens. It just makes it so much easier to take great hits of vapor. I'm trying to learn the best way to make screens so that I may never land in Clog City.
I can make a passable screen using a 1/2 " hole drilled in a piece of scrap wood, a piece of dowel 5/16 " thick, and 3/4" screens. Here is one of my own and a official one. I think I can improve them by using a 5/16" punch and a 1/2" ID copper fitting.
IMG_04221.jpg

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I like clean screens. It just makes it so much easier to take great hits of vapor. I'm trying to learn the best way to make screens so that I may never land in Clog City.
I can make a passable screen using a 1/2 " hole drilled in a piece of scrap wood, a piece of dowel 5/16 " thick, and 3/4" screens. Here is one of my own and a official one. I think I can improve them by using a 5/16" punch and a 1/2" ID copper fitting.
IMG_04221.jpg

I've actually been thinking about making a 3D printed press to mold several screens at a time, does anyone know the correct size OD for the baskets? Wouldn't be too hard to design if I had proper measurements

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I have a set of digital calipers that I can use to measure, but battery is dying.... I will have it replaced and can post numbers in the next few days if someone has not already done so by then.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I actually don't need the press to make more basket screens. I actually need them to re-form some of my screens which get bent up while installing (some of my GonGs are a tight fit..... phrasing :rolleyes: lol)

Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: Snappo

exit

I wonder, is there anyone with a E-Nano with a non-blue power LED? Blue LEDs hurt my eyes a lot. I suppose if it comes down to it I could swap out the LED myself.

These are usually pretty quick to ship, yeah?

Last edited:
Top Bottom