• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I believe a VV PS to be somewhat of a luxury. Not a necessity, with any log. However, it is nice to be precise when vaping various strains and/or hash.

Jeppy,
I believe a VV PS to be somewhat of a luxury. Not a necessity, with any log. However, it is nice to be precise when vaping various strains and/or hash.
Aye it is a luxury. But I like that tighter control over my temperatures. Sometimes I just want to lightly vape a few hits for maintenance or to finish later, and sometimes I want to cache a whole stem in one or two hits. Much easier to do with temperature control imo/ime.

It is a nice luxury to be included at regular price, which was my original point :lol:

kingofnull,
Reactions: Jeppy

guardian

hello andy, i was wondering if you will be making a aromatherapy cup of sorts to put on this new vape? i don't see as to where a normal copper cup would sit on top of the exchanger due to the small diameter and that the screen seems to protrude from the tube a bit. but i was thinking of just an idea there could be another metal tube with an cup attacthed that would slide over and set on the heater tube. of course no matter what i would make one myself exactly as said because its simple and thats how the aroma flower to my SS zap connects its just a brass or copper pipe/tube that fits around the exchanger with a soldered copper cup on it edit: i believe its acually JB weld and not solder. but i think it would be great for this product to come standard with this as to have more excuse of what it is when people ask you, you dont have to say its a vaporizer at all just an aromatherapy heater. excuse the long post but it just felt important for me to mention. i use my zap still since 2011 august when i got it and always leave it out with the aromatherapy cup on when company is over or whenever im not using it. THANKS and great job on the design btw simple yet functional just how i like things -guardian-

toros23

I was lucky enough to get a beta unit from Andy and wanted to share my initial impressions. Up until now I have only owned portables but have been researching plug-ins for about 8-10 months. The main reason I have been slow to pull the trigger on a plug-in is because I need something compact that can easily be stashed away. Been following several threads here on FC to try to make a decision and finally decided on the Epicvape. That is, until I saw Andy mention the E-Nano. One thing led to another and I just got my beta unit late this week.

I am new to plug-ins and still have a little bit of a learning curve to get over but so far I am completely blown away. Variable temp was a must-have for me and I didn't want a big-ass transformer or some other type of external power supply.. I cannot believe the look and feel of this thing, it is perfect for my needs. It is basically like a portable log-vape. Feels rock-solid, has all the features of lots of other units combined, looks great and does the job QUICK. Getting huge clouds with minuscule amounts of material. I definitely was not prepared to be using such a small amount of material, it is something I am not used to - even with portables.

That's it for now, I will post more later as I continue to dial it in.

ANDY - THANK YOU!! : )

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Its good to hear you got one Toros, will be waiting to hear more from you!

Ed's TnT,

toros23

Hi Ed! I am getting a more accurate scale today so I can post some info on the amount of material and the results. BTW - I was actually checking your site last night for some spare stems since I love the one I have for my walnut MFLB and it probably won't be getting nearly as much use now that I have the nano.. : )

toros23,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Thats good to hear bro, hope you enjoy your Nano, thanks for checking me out! Hope you enjoy that beta until the production model comes out!

Ed's TnT,

gvape

The nano is exactly what the ev1/ev2 were missing, the true temperature controller not just reg and boost mode. If this is added to the unit I see absolutely no negative sides to this vape and this easily becoming my daily. Cant wait to see more and even get my hands on one.

gvape,
Reactions: xjxjr
The nano is exactly what the ev1/ev2 were missing, the true temperature controller not just reg and boost mode. If this is added to the unit I see absolutely no negative sides to this vape and this easily becoming my daily. Cant wait to see more and even get my hands on one.

I was under the impression you could dial in temperature at the bottom?

kingofnull,

toros23

I was checking out the EV-2 instructions a while back and it mentions a dial to raise or lower the temp. That is the feature that got me interested in Andy's units.

toros23,

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
The EV-2 does indeed have an ajustable temp control on the bottom.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Wow, I'm thinking about picking this thing up. I just saw some of those beta testing videos. I've been having problems with my Cloud (sent back my 3rd one), and am in need of a reliable heavy hitter.

Depending on how much money I grab during Christmas tomorrow, I may pick this up as a christmas present to myself. LOL ;-)

Are we still on track for a January 2013 release? I've been looking at log vapes due to their reliability and awesomeness to deliver tremendous hits. Can this be paired with a 18mm GonG somehow as well?

Looking good :-)

Edit: Oops just saw that GonG adapters are available. Does it come with a Stem?

newVaper420,

Stone__Man

interesting unit this one. I do have a question about the variable voltage for different temps. I see a photo with adjustment "wheel" on the cord, but also read the adjustment is on the bottom. :shrug: am I missing something ? or is the first photo i mention have it inline or cord for testing but the final product will have a numbered dial on bottom say 1 to 8 and each one will correlate to a temp value?

sorry Zero experience with a log vape, please bear my n00bness in mind. :freak:

I see someone ask about a copper pot of some sort for "smelly's" , I like the idea of a vape serving another purpose as well and not be look at a "drug stuff" by visitors. which leads me too . . .

should/can the e-nano be left on all the time, and if not how long from cold to reach optimal operation temps for dry flowers?

can this sit flat on its base while plugged in?

for now lastly, for ace of vape, I'd like know about the stock size needed if I were to send you the wood to use? I have a turned black walnut blank that is roughly 14 or so inches in length , I used playing around on the lathe, and other woods surface and edge planed. what would be the minimum thickness needed to be left around the center heater hole? can u give measurements of the bored hole for heater width and depth? perhaps I can/should email you with the wood questions instead of here?

thank you for your time,

Peace :cool:

Stone__Man,
interesting unit this one. I do have a question about the variable voltage for different temps. I see a photo with adjustment "wheel" on the cord, but also read the adjustment is on the bottom. :shrug: am I missing something ? or is the first photo i mention have it inline or cord for testing but the final product will have a numbered dial on bottom say 1 to 8 and each one will correlate to a temp value?

Peace :cool:

The dial is the temperature control for the E-nano. The adjustment on the bottom is referring to the EV-1/2.

kingofnull,

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
how durable is an internal "temperature control dial"?
Never had one fail yet.

sorry Zero experience with a log vape, please bear my n00bness in mind. :freak:
No worries, this community welcomes n00bies.
The EV-2 has a temp control on the bottom of the unit. It can be left on 24/7, takes about 6-8 min to heat up.
The E-Nano has an external control/dial on the cord, it can be left on 24/7 but only take 2 1/2 min to heat up.
both use a glass cup for essential oils for use as an aromatherapy device.
The minimum size piece of wood for me to use would be 2 1/2" diameter and 3 1/2" in length.
Thank You for your interst.
Andy

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
i'm thinking i really want one of these. wish i would have tried signed up for a beta tester :( no worries... will wait for a release date

toros23

Snapped a shot of the nano while I had my camera gear out... : )
enanolores.jpg

How far away from the temp control is the unit itself? In this picture it is deceiving. Also, does the control 'plug in' to the unit or is it fixed?
I was thinking the same. It looks like at that length it would add unnecessary weight with GonG.

kingofnull,

toros23

For my beta unit there is about 19" of cable between the unit and the control knob. I have it tied back behind the unit, was trying to make the photo look nice. The cable is attached but again this is a beta unit and Andy would have to comment on what the production units will be like. Unfortunately no way to get a good feel for the size looking at the photo. Also cannot see the cool blue light in the photo even though it was on.

toros23,
Reactions: ogcook
Top Bottom