Caligula

Maximus
I sent an email to nadia a few days ago, regarding the orientation of my block of wood. I hope she got it, I did not receive any response. Hopefully they put the eyelets at the top:)

What has been the typical recent wait time, from order to delivery?
I am in no dire rush but just sooo excited!

I am hopeful it will be under two weeks... the anticipation is tremendous!!!

What is everyone's favorite way to use their Nano? Dry or wet?

The orientation would depend on how the grins run Id think.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
:D I know he is neck deep in work now, I am just glad I got on his bench:D

I will shoot him a brief note
One thing is absolutely sure - Andy is not only a master craftsman, he is also one with a meticulous artistic eye! You can be sure that the patterned figures on YOUR exotic Big Leaf Maple burl will present the obvious up/down/side-to-side orientation to Andy - but of course he would not proceed without your confirming input! Confidence, my good man - and I submit this for all! You're in good hands!

Last edited:

Propaganja

FWIW Andy emailed me telling me I will be getting a replacement gong, I somehow got the older 14mm which is thinner glass than the 18mm. There are new 14mm gongs that will be thicker glass aswell.. Can't wait for my gong to arrive, Andy has one of the best customer service I've experienced in a while..been struggling with the nano dry.

TeeJay1952

"been struggling with the nano dry."
Push it up. (basket)
Turn it down. (temp)
Whole little nuggets (safely below heater when inserted)
Welcome to flavor town.
Use Epic vape tool to crush bud and take second hit
Hey it ain't flavortown ....but it is right over there and the vapor was much thicker.

Propaganja

FWIW, Ive never had an issue heatsoaking my thick glass adjustable 18mm gongs.
amazing, going to get the 18mm, only reason I got the 14mm was to be able to use it with the f bomb, but I didn't realize you cant use the nano upright or all the herb will be falling down into the heater.

"been struggling with the nano dry."
Push it up. (basket)
Turn it down. (temp)
Whole little nuggets (safely below heater when inserted)
Welcome to flavor town.
Use Epic vape tool to crush bud and take second hit
Hey it ain't flavortown ....but it is right over there and the vapor was much thicker.

thanks for your tips, will definitely give it a shot.. I think I gotta move the basket closer.

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
@FlyingLow - USPS Priority tracking indicates that your exotic wood has reached Andy. May I suggest that you PM Andy in addition to your email to Nadia, and include in your PM a copy/paste of the picture with a description of your design/orientation desires. Andy will respond I'm sure, and I'm doubly sure he's going to create a masterpiece for you that you have not yet imagined! Two weeks is typically the turn-out time from Andy's receipt to shipment to you, give or take a few days! Please be sure to share some nice sharp bright picks for our FC friends! I can't wait to see your newborn Nano!!!
Actually hasn't reached me yet, but I did get a notice that something is waiting at the post office. I was in the back working and Nadia was nerding it up at Comicon all week. be able to turn it around in 10 days or less. I will check orientation before I start.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Thanks Andy! I have seen enough of your work to have no doubts in your mastery:D
I will give you the same input I gave Ed:

I want you to have full and 100% creative control over the design. If, when you get the wood in hand, you see other shapes in the wood worth accenting, or you wish to orient the wood in a different way, please follow your heart and instincts. I have no doubt she is going to come off just beautifully!

All the best, and thank you for your response,
FL

I'm wanting to order this from the UK. What extras should I get, bearing in mind uk availability of parts/add-ons etc? I'm completely new to vaping (and know almost nothing about bongs) so any advice, however basic, would be appreciated!

Also wondering how I know when new woods are "in the pipeline"! I saw a purplish one which was utterly beautiful.

scarlettohaira,
Reactions: Snappo

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I'm wanting to order this from the UK. What extras should I get, bearing in mind uk availability of parts/add-ons etc? I'm completely new to vaping (and know almost nothing about bongs) so any advice, however basic, would be appreciated!

Also wondering how I know when new woods are "in the pipeline"! I saw a purplish one which was utterly beautiful.

14mm and 19mm adjust-a-stem GonG adapters and a 220V to 120V power inverter.

As far as wood, I suggest you contact @Snappo and tell him what you want - he'll have something you like and can ship it to Andy to make into a custom exotic Nano.

fregglepops

. Custom wood, stock wood both beautiful as @ACE OF VAPE truly is a craftsman. I never ordered any GonGs as I use it dry but now if I was ordering again for my first I'd buy 3 adjustabowl stems,spare baskets, cupla 18mm gongs and a spare epick. Hope this helps?

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I never ordered any GonGs as I use it dry but now if I was ordering again for my first I'd buy 3 adjustabowl stems,spare baskets, cupla 18mm gongs and a spare epick. Hope this helps?

Why not jazz up your Nano with some custom GonG stems from @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd - I love adding a bit of color to my rigs:

vXa3gNz.jpg

I have two of his nano GonG stems which I use daily (both), and the 19mm stopper you see on the left (claisen setup). They all seem to be holding up quite well to my abuse. I keep my stock stems as backups in case I drop one of these.

fregglepops

Why not jazz up your Nano with some custom GonG stems from @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd - I love adding a bit of color to my rigs:

vXa3gNz.jpg

I have two of his nano GonG stems which I use daily (both), and the 19mm stopper you see on the left (claisen setup). They all seem to be holding up quite well to my abuse. I keep my stock stems as backups in case I drop one of these.
Your Nano always makes me smile. Love the wood. Almost almost a tad jealous I didn't get an exotic...... That day will come, just not yet!!!! I have ideas.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
@fregglepops other than the obvious size difference, what are the reasons for preferring an 18mm to a 14mm? I'm a bit lost.

18mm female is pretty universal - many glass bubblers use this size (though male fittings are gaining popularity for oil rigs). Often smaller pieces (like ash catchers, downstems for small water pipes, and minature bubblers) may have a 14mm female.

It really depends on what kind of bubblers you have. In general, I'd go for 18mm over 14mm because the glass tends to be a bit thicker. Of course you should probably get 1 of each size in case you break one, or buy a new piece with a different female joint than your other pieces (because trust me, you WILL crave GLASS after buying the Nano).

There are two types of stems - all glass and adjust-a-stem. I prefer the adjust-a-stem adjustable metal basket version because you can customize for your preferred load size. In the beginning it takes some time to find the sweet spot, but once you do, leave it there.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
18mm female is pretty universal - many glass bubblers use this size (though male fittings are gaining popularity for oil rigs). Often smaller pieces (like ash catchers, downstems for small water pipes, and minature bubblers) may have a 14mm female.

It really depends on what kind of bubblers you have. In general, I'd go for 18mm over 14mm because the glass tends to be a bit thicker. Of course you should probably get 1 of each size in case you break one, or buy a new piece with a different female joint than your other pieces (because trust me, you WILL crave GLASS after buying the Nano).

There are two types of stems - all glass and adjust-a-stem. I prefer the adjust-a-stem adjustable metal basket version because you can customize for your preferred load size. In the beginning it takes some time to find the sweet spot, but once you do, leave it there.
True what you write!

My addiction or GAS took over once I got the NANO.

I'm buying adapters to help relief my GAS.

GLASS LEGGO'S!

Submisfit

I don't have any bubblers (whatever they are!) yet, but the website only lists 19mm and 14mm?

Am I being a bit dense here?
Glass typically comes with one of two joint sizes; 14.4mm, or 18.8mm. There are good reasons for this, but they aren't important or weed related. There are also micro sizes, but these are the two that you'll really encounter. 14.4 is often shortened to 14, and 18.8 is often called 18 or 19.

There are also some pieces that will utilize a downstem with a designation like 14.4mm--->18.8mm. This has to do with the length of the stem; just ignore it for now. Stick to the first paragraph.

You also need to fit things together such that a male is always paired with a female joint. The male will be the narrower end that is inserted into the female cup. What you need is a female bubbler that will accept your 14.4mm or 18.8mm nano/JoDa bowl.

If you're visual:

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/tutorial/downstem_measuring_guide/downstem_measuring_guide_7_12.pdf

Top Bottom