herbivore21

@ACE OF VAPE Just saw those today man, perfect timing for me to grab an 18mm one with the dimmer! Are the 19mm ones available now? Also loving the silicone, would have saved me a drop on my first one when I picked up the hot GonG in a purple haze!

I just rigged up my nano without the dimmer in the circuit, I'm vaping with nothing but an on off switch at the wall for control. Hadn't even warmed up more than 5 minutes with this set-up before the heating element got the herb charred black. Not had combustion yet, and I am running on setting 10 with this set-up (full capacity of the heater, with no dimmer in-between). The AVB is black though, with some dark brown at the bottom of the bowl!

1zywmjk.jpg

Andy suggested I could do this and it works whilst I wait for the replacement dimmer! Cheers guys!

P.S. noone worry about the bare wires at the end, I was wearing rubber gloves, and this was only to test that my heater gets hot enough. I got some bbq'd buds which tell me it's good :) . As you can see, I didn't stir, this was too precarious of a set up to move the Nano whilst switched on!

2v3od43.jpg

update: i just combusted, several times. If you are stuck on setting 10 because of your own silliness, you get smoked!

Last edited:

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Apparently I've been using the basket screens upside down. :doh:

I don't really think it matters, works both ways.

I've went back to using the screen as a basket instead of domed, with another basket on top as a spacer/diffuser. Best tasting hits I've had yet and no charring, even on 7.5.

Here are the new silicone jacketed adjust-a-bowls and all glass GonGs.19mm and 14 mm. No more burning, no more sticking.love my new glass blower!

Very nice work Andy. These look amazing, can't wait to try one.

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
I've used the basket screens both ways.
Can't decide which way I like better... or if I can tell a difference.

One thing I must note about the E-Nano... tonight, for shits and giggles, I loaded up the dry stem. I haven't dry vaped flowers in years. I will do so more often now thats for sure! It was a very pleasant experience.
Seems more potent than I remember and in comparison to water path vaping. :o

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Seems more potent than I remember and in comparison to water path vaping. :o

This is what I have found. With the nano being so efficient, dry vaping adds to the efficiency and taste. Been using my nano %90 through a j-hook.

Hey tweak can you post a close up picture of your gong setup ? I'd like to see it

When I get home. Only tried it last night but results where superb, I was shocked by the taste on the first hit. I've been struggling to tame the nano's heater to stop it from charring the top of my gong, I think this may have done it. With the screen on top, there will always be a few mm separation.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Here are the new silicone jacketed adjust-a-bowls and all glass GonGs.19mm and 14 mm. No more burning, no more sticking.love my new glass blower!

Are those silicone jackets fixed in place? My experience with silicone used like this (Arizer Extreme Tuff-bowls) is that it will dry out and crack. No big deal if you can easily replace them, otherwise...

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Are those silicone jackets fixed in place? My experience with silicone used like this (Arizer Extreme Tuff-bowls) is that it will dry out and crack. No big deal if you can easily replace them, otherwise...
Silicone?
Why not just use glass knobs like the SOLO GonG?

ataxian,
Reactions: as

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Cost maybe?

I'm fine with paying less for the silicone. My nano doesn't sit on the GonG and heat it up like my EQ would with the cyclone bowl. The entire cyclone bowl needed to be preheated for optimal vapor results.

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
Oh man, there is nothing sadder than looking at a damaged E-Nano. I found a burned resistor on the circuit board in the dimmer switch. The dimmer has gone the way of all flesh! Also, I suspect the variable resistor (key part in dimmers which is adjusted by the dimmer control/knob) was damaged, there is white residue around the outside of it.

The heater has appropriate resistance and is unharmed, and the light globe is working fine :) That, my friends, is the sum of all the electronics in the device. Now to hopefully get a dimmer/power cable sent out and attach it to my E-Nano.

Thanks for putting up with my bajillions of posts in this thread, I hope the diagnostic info I got is useful. I've also managed to surmise that converting the unit to 220v will be a matter of finding an appropriate 220v heater, 220v light globe and 220v dimmer to be used.

Edit: Just heard back from Andy, we are agreed that the dimmer is the issue, organising, to get new gong and dimmer express posted out. Again, I cant imagine better service!

Yeah, but you got it figured out - good job! We're not "putting up" with you - you're pioneering the repair
process for these little guys - we need a FAQ or sticky for this info! Glad your part is on the way.

Im balls deep in some experiments right now, trying to keep busy until I get some new glass up in here!

...and as always, it was shot in HD for your viewing pleasure.

Yea, I know... no money shot. I hit the stop button and didn't figure it out until it was too late. Cliffs notes: IT WORKS! ...but there is much room for improvement. Stay tuned though, titanium is up next!

Check you out - goin' all mad scientist and shit :whoa:

as

I would also love some lil nobs on my GonG

If I did ever need a new GonG I think old see how much a custom made one would be to get done for me hear in the UK

as,
Reactions: ataxian

Caligula

Maximus
@ACE OF VAPE I actually prefer the silicone.

Ive had a couple of those glass knobs break off of my PV gongs (pushing up on them with my thumb as leverage to unstick the gong from the ground glass female joint). Id much rather have silicone that covers all of the area I may be grabbing and that is more durable/replaceable. Plus cheaper?

Also ive been using my basket screens like... baskets... because I have all glass gongs/stems. The honeycomb makes it rather hard to push the basket up and out from the back so I need to press against the screen walls to lift it out from the top... if that makes sense.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Come on are you serious?
The little glass knobs are a nice Ideal! (better than silicone)

I just thought the purpose of the glass knobs where to prevent the Solo adapter from falling off a flat surface. I don't see how they prevent heat in any way, not like silicone is doing. Planet vape sure doesn't advertise the purpose of them.

I wouldn't mind seeing one big arm to grab the e-nano GonG, but that would cause problems with the e-nano fitting on top. I think the unfrosted GonG solve this problem though.

Just look at the price difference, the Solo adapters are $25, where the e-nano GonG are only 12.95. The difference is almost 2X the cost. Them little nubs take the glass blowers time and add more areas of quality control, time is money.

IMO, for only $12.95 these GonG adapters are a steal. You can't get them anywhere else because they aren't a common vapor piece, so Andy could charge whatever he wanted.

Also ive been using my basket screens like... baskets... because I have all glass gongs/stems. The honeycomb makes it rather hard to push the basket up and out from the back so I need to press against the screen walls to lift it out from the top... if that makes sense.

This is the exact issue I had with using the flat screens in the Solo stems. You can't get them back out without the threat of breaking the adapter or stabbing yourself in the hand, lol.

Grabbing the edge of the screen is how I do it, unless the glass is cooled and the resin has set. Then I go through the bottom or reheat the glass. This is how I've been moving my EQ SSV screen for years.

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
Just a thought but id think the Solo gongs would get too hot to hold, glass nubs and all, if it was subjected to the same thermal output as a Nano gong. Basically E Nano heater >>>>>>> Solo oven.

Also the Nano gongs are much smaller and thus have less mass to absorb heat energy. For example, my early nano gong is 2x as long as my new nano gong, and the longer one doesnt get anywhere near as hot after a session.

Caligula,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ACE OF VAPE I actually prefer the silicone.

Ive had a couple of those glass knobs break off of my PV gongs (pushing up on them with my thumb as leverage to unstick the gong from the ground glass female joint). Id much rather have silicone that covers all of the area I may be grabbing and that is more durable/replaceable. Plus cheaper?

So your guilty of breaking glass?
I thought it would be cheaper than silicone to add the knobs when making the GonG?
I use a CASIEN and a stopper like a carborater anyway.

ataxian,
Reactions: Caligula

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Hey tweak can you post a close up picture of your gong setup ? I'd like to see it

Here ya go.

OeqWFQ0.jpg

First I would like to state I have removed the top stock screen and the metal ring that holds the screen in place, give me as little resistance as possible. I've only used the stock stem once, and it's been inverted nano + GonG since. I don't suggest doing this as the element is exposed, but I thought maybe the ring was causing the uneven vaping.

gP68iHj.jpg

Here is the double screen sandwich. The bottom is a nano basket, the top is a reduced EQ dome screen which is much finer than nano screen. I believe the top screen acts as a diffuser, just like the Cloud/EVO's ELB does. This also lets me shake the GonG to stir, which IMO is the major reason my GonG starts to getting clogged, physically stirring breaks the material down into finer particles for less airflow.

RHIGICC.jpg

I place the screen inside the GonG and just shove it in with the nano.

Same results today, I swear the flavor is much improved, it evens out the heat so there isn't any hot spots. I'm guessing the stock screen does this to some extent also.

More testing is needed, for science. :science:

Mrmrmrmr

I did exactly the same except my bottom screen was flat and the basket was on top. Great results shaking is easier and more worry free. Now I trimmed an old ELB cap for a finer screen..seemingly larger clouds and more hits each time. As stated above more testing is needed ,always in the name of science :tup:

herbivore21

Yeah, but you got it figured out - good job! We're not "putting up" with you - you're pioneering the repair
process for these little guys - we need a FAQ or sticky for this info! Glad your part is on the way.

Check you out - goin' all mad scientist and shit :whoa:

Many thanks for the kind words!!! Andy needs much of the credit for the fixing though, giving me advice on how to test specific components for normal functioning etc. I can't say enough how unparalleled the service is from Andy/EV. By the wayside, @Caligula , as a professional scientist, you are a man after my own heart! Keep up the investigation! ;)

Andy mentioned to me that without the dimmer, the E-Nano can still function, as if it were stuck on setting 10. I cut the cable from my damaged dimmer and re-terminated it directly to the heater in the unit (no light globe) and it is the E-Nano primitive edition, all the power, none of the control!

j090tv.jpg

Pictured: E-Nano Primitive edition (DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME OR AT ALL UNLESS YOU HAVE RELEVANT ELECTRICAL QUALIFICATIONS!)

However, I'm buying a lotus from one of the great members in this thread to keep me vaping whilst I wait for the new dimmer from Andy, along with the new GonG I ordered! Talk about perfect timing; releasing the new GonGs at the same time as getting to the bottom of how I damaged my E-Nano :)

As an aside, if any Aussie ever has a problem with an E-Nano, PM me, I am happy to help with troubleshooting it. I am happy to do anything I can to lend a hand and ensure that people get as much use out of this great device as possible - just like people here (Especially @ACE OF VAPE and @Dafni ) really helped me with troubleshooting.

Chuffed with my vaping experiences, even if I've had hiccups along the way, even more chuffed with my experiences on this message board!

Now to go and try not combust this bowl!

Last edited:
Top Bottom