Caligula

Maximus
Mooo!
100_2033.jpg

IMG_40414SteersHead_Dicentrauniflora_JackmanPk6-2-12ed.jpg

Frank.JPG

BTW do you guys oil the wood on your Nano or anything special?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I do nothing special to my wood :dog: Going on 8 months
I wipe mine down with spray polish like Lemon Pledge or LIQUID GOLD and sometimes ORANGE OIL.

Or if your extreme sand her down and rub her with TUNG OIL or make a FRENCH POLISH and apply that.

Many ways and various degrees.

I just spray any old furniture polish I have and wipe her down.

Easier!

Caligula

Maximus
Okay so I just got a package from @bassplayer ! He was kind enough to send me his spare gongs for his my E-Nano, gratis (thanks again)!

Anyway, once I opened the box and got to check out his gongs... I was in for a bit of a surprise! Check this out. He sent me an 18 and a 14mm gong. I actually already have both of those so I put them all out for comparison. They are paired by joint size:

mvsr.jpg

Now granted one of the new gongs is a pinched version, and I only have the all glass versions but that shouldnt really matter. I was shocked to see how much variation is size there was!

I am still trying to determine if this is a good or a bad thing? I did one test run on the all glass version. I had to crank the unit up to 10 to get somewhat equal results as level 7 with the shorter gong. Also, I dont have any silicone on the new units (as you can see) yet the lower portion was still barely warm to the touch as I pulled it to carb (on a level 10 session) so thats good. Bad news is that my E-Pick doesnt come anywhere near close to the bottom of the bowl.

Also yes, I know people have posted about size variation before... im just high and rambling. Please ignore this whole post...

...unless you have some good ideas on how to use this new glass piece other than saving it as a backup?

Edit: Found out these new gongs were original pre-order peices. Also, as you may be able to see, Bassplayer's old gongs arent "perfect" (the lip and glass screen on the 18mm are crooked) where as everything is lined up neatly on my old gongs (ordered very recently from EV).

Maybe @ACE OF VAPE can comment?

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I have a growing collection of nano gongs and been meaning to pick up a few more. Don't think I have as much variation between shortest & longest of what your pic shows, but probably pretty close. I think it is the earlier ones that are longer. Andy can verify, but I've figured this was happening while he was getting a glass blower to figure it out - maybe even changing blowers.

Like I said on last page.... variables. Figure out what works well for you and go from there. Whether that is 6 or 9 on your dial doesn't matter other than for comparison with others here on FC. Whatever you (or I) end up with is going to be great!! My poor EQ hasn't even seen the light of day more than once in the past few months, and my mflb is relegated to when I'm out and away from an AC receptacle.

Guess what I'm saying again is.... this is an EXCEPTIONAL vaporizer!!!! If I had started with it, I probably would have looked for something different in the search for better. But after owning a few different ones, and trying a good many more, I know this thing is cream of the crop. One that I'm still tempted to get on the list for is the HI. But from what I can gather it seems like it will function about the same with DC driving the heat instead of AC, and variable voltage to adjust temps instead of the nano dial. Still thinking about getting one - and probably would if the waiting list wasn't so long. Maybe some day I'll have the opportunity to try one. But until then - or until something truly groundbreaking comes along - I'm pretty much a one vape kind of guy these days. As long as that vape is my Epic e-nano!!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have a growing collection of nano gongs and been meaning to pick up a few more. Don't think I have as much variation between shortest & longest of what your pic shows, but probably pretty close. I think it is the earlier ones that are longer. Andy can verify, but I've figured this was happening while he was getting a glass blower to figure it out - maybe even changing blowers.

Like I said on last page.... variables. Figure out what works well for you and go from there. Whether that is 6 or 9 on your dial doesn't matter other than for comparison with others here on FC. Whatever you (or I) end up with is going to be great!! My poor EQ hasn't even seen the light of day more than once in the past few months, and my mflb is relegated to when I'm out and away from an AC receptacle.

Guess what I'm saying again is.... this is an EXCEPTIONAL vaporizer!!!! If I had started with it, I probably would have looked for something different in the search for better. But after owning a few different ones, and trying a good many more, I know this thing is cream of the crop. One that I'm still tempted to get on the list for is the HI. But from what I can gather it seems like it will function about the same with DC driving the heat instead of AC, and variable voltage to adjust temps instead of the nano dial. Still thinking about getting one - and probably would if the waiting list wasn't so long. Maybe some day I'll have the opportunity to try one. But until then - or until something truly groundbreaking comes along - I'm pretty much a one vape kind of guy these days. As long as that vape is my Epic e-nano!!
The best water adapter of all my units is a 14mm with a glass screen.
Andy fitted it perfect.
Now I want a 18mm with a fitted glass screen.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
The best water adapter of all my units is a 14mm with a glass screen.
Andy fitted it perfect.
Now I want a 18mm with a fitted glass screen.

Don't have any 14mm's. Do love my 18mm with glass screen, but don't think I've used it since I got my new "basket" screens.

What I do like about the glass screen is the hits you get just dropping a little nug in there. What I would normally do is drop in a nug, take a few nice hits. Then pop the very dry nug out and crush it up in a small dish. Throw an old battered pinch screen in over the glass screen, and suck the now ground nug back into the GonG. Hit and stir as needed until spent. Dump the load, and the screen out and start again! Sounds like a lot of work, but I like to play a little so fine by me. Nice way to play and vape a bit while zoning out in front of the TV.

Do similar with the new basket screens, but without the dump & screen add in. Just plop a couple very small nugs in & hit it a few times. Then crush/stir with the e-pic or stirrer. Not as much playing, but pretty much the same process & results.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Don't have any 14mm's. Do love my 18mm with glass screen, but don't think I've used it since I got my new "basket" screens.

What I do like about the glass screen is the hits you get just dropping a little nug in there. What I would normally do is drop in a nug, take a few nice hits. Then pop the very dry nug out and crush it up in a small dish. Throw an old battered pinch screen in over the glass screen, and suck the now ground nug back into the GonG. Hit and stir as needed until spent. Dump the load, and the screen out and start again! Sounds like a lot of work, but I like to play a little so fine by me. Nice way to play and vape a bit while zoning out in front of the TV.

Do similar with the new basket screens, but without the dump & screen add in. Just plop a couple very small nugs in & hit it a few times. Then crush/stir with the e-pic or stirrer. Not as much playing, but pretty much the same process & results.

14mm WPA with ANDY'S glass screen. When I grind I grind course like this top shelf indica.
Taste, Flavor & Effect is my goal.
I strive to achieve this goal!

The NANO helps to obtain this goal!

z9

lol what is happening here? Your suppose to load the other end of the piece... or am I just misunderstanding this post? Im sorry Ive been vaping with my e-nano and did the stem resin trick and Im blasted.

I never acknowledged this post - that was me trying something stupid. I've been meaning to post this, I use the EQ screens to trap particulates before they dirty up my pieces. This screen builds up a LOT of reclaim. I feel like the hit is smoother when using direct draw with the screen, I use a gong and female to female adapter for direct draw instead of a stem. Here's how I would normally use it but this is on my oil gong, I keep the others stashed away because they smell strongly of herb. If I had thought of doing this when I still had my frit I would've saved myself so much headache.

I recommend trying this if you want to keep your glass a little cleaner

9xJexM6.jpg

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I never acknowledged this post - that was me trying something stupid. I've been meaning to post this, I use the EQ screens to trap particulates before they dirty up my pieces. This screen builds up a LOT of reclaim. I feel like the hit is smoother when using direct draw with the screen, I use a gong and female to female adapter for direct draw instead of a stem. Here's how I would normally use it but this is on my oil gong, I keep the others stashed away because they smell strongly of herb. If I had thought of doing this when I still had my frit I would've saved myself so much headache.

I recommend trying this if you want to keep your glass a little cleaner

9xJexM6.jpg
I'm trying this!

ataxian,
Reactions: Caligula

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Nice trick!!! I've been pretty good as long as I use a screen for anything ground and don't grind too fine.

But I usually pre-grind for the MFLB on the go, and whatever I don't use with it I try to vape in a day or so. A few flakes of that fine grind sometimes sneak through with the nano. Have a few of those EQ screens floating around and am going to try this.

Thanks for the tip!!

And, can only imagine what it's like to clean crumbs out of a frit! I have a "lattice" perc. Close to a frit with larger holes. Always careful to not let anything into that other than vapor or smoke!!! Is a whole lotta shakin to get anything unstuck from it.

Last edited:
flotntoke,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Nice trick!!! I've been pretty good as long as I use a screen for anything ground and don't grind too fine.

But I usually pre-grind for the MFLB on the go, and whatever I don't use with it I try to vape in a day or so. A few flakes of that fine grind sometimes sneak through with the nano. Have a few of those EQ screens floating around and am going to try this.

Thanks for the tip!!
You have a MFLB & a NANO?
Burnt Pop Corn to Champagne!

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
You have a MFLB & a NANO?
Burnt Pop Corn to Champagne!

Ahhh young jedi.... The MFLB truly takes some learning. And while others can pop some corn on mine, I haven't for years. It's not optimal but only thing I've found that works as well and is as undetectable while out and about. Plus, the power adapter comes with a car adapter!!! It's no nano, but I'm not one to be stretching extension cords across the theater while I'm watching The Hobbit in 3D!! So many great uses that I'll spare you on since we're in the nano thread!

Screens are pretty cheap and easy. They are for an Arizer Extreme Q. Yes 18mm and only 18mm. Available many places, but here's a few links. Usually about $5 for a set of 2, but shipping could be a bitch!!

http://www.vapeworld.com/extreme-vaporizer-screen-pack

http://arizer.com/store/en/arizer-parts/22-screen-pack.html

http://www.puffitup.com/Arizer-Elbow-Adapter-p/arizerscreenkit.htm

Lovin your new avatar and quote, Caligula!! Got me digging for the DVD that's around here somewhere.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I suggest everyone to at least try this once, try hitting it harder if your scorching your herb.
I could combust at 9.5 & now i set it to 9.5 hit it slow for 3 seconds, as soon as I see vapor I hit it harder(more airflow).
The amount of airflow will control if you combust or not, slow draw on high heat might combust, same heat level with a stronger draw gives great extraction and light colored abv vs dark.

Guess what's arrived!!?? Yes it's here - my walnut E-Nano!!! It's just soooooooo beautiful to hold and look at!! It was love at first sight!!

:love: :D :leaf:

I truly couldn't be happier with my purchase so far. I used a whole nug just now for my very first bowlful and the flavour completely blew me away. Copious amounts of vapour are a cinch with this little beauty, if you're a cloud chaser you won't be disappointed. The herb vaped evenly, with no combustion. I'm really looking forward to experimenting with techniques and temperatures. Will check in again with a fuller review once E-Nano and I have become better acquainted ;)

Thanks again @ACE OF VAPE for your outstanding customer service - (I repeat) - YOU'RE THE MAN!! :)

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Ahhh young jedi.... The MFLB truly takes some learning. And while others can pop some corn on mine, I haven't for years. It's not optimal but only thing I've found that works as well and is as undetectable while out and about. Plus, the power adapter comes with a car adapter!!! It's no nano, but I'm not one to be stretching extension cords across the theater while I'm watching The Hobbit in 3D!! So many great uses that I'll spare you on since we're in the nano thread!

Screens are pretty cheap and easy. They are for an Arizer Extreme Q. Yes 18mm and only 18mm. Available many places, but here's a few links. Usually about $5 for a set of 2, but shipping could be a bitch!!

http://www.vapeworld.com/extreme-vaporizer-screen-pack

http://arizer.com/store/en/arizer-parts/22-screen-pack.html

http://www.puffitup.com/Arizer-Elbow-Adapter-p/arizerscreenkit.htm

Lovin your new avatar and quote, Caligula!! Got me digging for the DVD that's around here somewhere.
My first vaporizer was a MFLB!
So many batteries!
After 2 or 3 rips the flavor was horrible.
Maybe it was just me?
I benifited from it my first 4 months of using it then i out grew it.

Before a movie a Wax pen is more stealthy. A lot of people love the MFLB? I never learned how to master it I guess?

Were all different!

You perhaps have it wired?

My pallet is too sensitive.

Please no hard feelings?
Young JEDI?

Osn Dosn

... but since you are from "Merkel land" (just like me), I'm not sure it will be successfully delivered!
Its just because of the lack of the CE certification, wich seems to be very important to the german customs
(my personal experience on my first Thermovape Cera order)!
But if you really want to get one, I would suggest to ask here politely for some help,
this forum is AWESOME:bowdown::clap::tup::rockon:

Damnit, but thanks a lot for pointing this out.. that really could have put me in trouble..money wise - and maybe search warrant wise, if I'm paranoid...not due to the lacking CE cert though.

Has anyone an idea how to avoid this issues - 'engineering sample', 'gift' ... ?

meehh, too much control everywhere. I'm not doing any fucking harm jesus -.-

PS: open for job offers in Colorado or Washington!!

as

So like i said i broke a stem and had to fix it i had some time to day and got it done this is what i come up with

IMG_20140124_111548_zpslpukto7g.jpg

I had that bit from a broken down stem and that's The only bit of tubing i have and it fits sweet.
That domed screen came in real handy thanks @ACE OF VAPE.
I tjink all non all glass stem should come just as tubes with some domed screens you can make the bowl as big as you want plus i think you should do the gongs as standard size stems but with the gong on the end elimanates the hot gong and you can use as a dry tube as well!

biohacker

I suggest everyone to at least try this once, try hitting it harder if your scorching your herb.
I could combust at 9.5 & now i set it to 9.5 hit it slow for 3 seconds, as soon as I see vapor I hit it harder(more airflow).
The amount of airflow will control if you combust or not, slow draw on high heat might combust, same heat level with a stronger draw gives great extraction and light colored abv vs dark.

I tried this at 9 and got instant combustion. That was with a tiny ground load, maybe .05. I've actually been thinking based on what i've read in this thread that my Nano might run a little hotter than yours and others perhaps.

I really can't/don't go over 8. I can, with a fast draw like you say, but 9 is serious combustion territory unless I bring it up to 9 after several draws at a lower temp.

I am finding that I like anywhere from 6.5-8 now. I love it, because I know 8-10 are going to be reserved for concentrates once I get my hands on some.

Herbalist23

Damnit, but thanks a lot for pointing this out.. that really could have put me in trouble..money wise - and maybe search warrant wise, if I'm paranoid...not due to the lacking CE cert though.

Has anyone an idea how to avoid this issues - 'engineering sample', 'gift' ... ?

meehh, too much control everywhere. I'm not doing any fucking harm jesus -.-

PS: open for job offers in Colorado or Washington!!

Try to find someone (ask in this thread ;)) in the EU to purchase it for you or you purchase it and let it send to him, he then could send it to you?:uhoh: (inside the EU its not a big problem customs wise)
In other european countries like UK, Netherlands, France...it seems people
don't have much problems to get their units (without CE) through the customs:shrug:, maybe we have to ask Merkel:dog:

Engineering sample or gift wouldn't work as well I think, because the customs want to see a bill and on that bill the unit is listed (electronic device) so they will check it 100% :bang:

Osn Dosn

Overly thorough Germs >.<

As if that damn CE certification would guarantee any safety... Ordered battery cells and charger in China that were definitely not safe, but hey, they had a CE sign printed on!

So fellow European vaporiseurs, how wants an E-Nano 'for free' :D ?

Herbalist23

Overly thorough Germs >.<

As if that damn CE certification would guarantee any safety... Ordered battery cells and charger in China that were definitely not safe, but hey, they had a CE sign printed on!

So fellow European vaporiseurs, how wants an E-Nano 'for free' :D ?

Yes, you are right its a bit risky, but you will be amazed about the good people on here:tup:

And yes you are right also about that damn CE :horse:

Herbalist23,
Reactions: ataxian

Osn Dosn

Yes, you are right its a bit risky, but you will be amazed about the good people on here:tup:

No doubt about it and I dig that! Just tried to be funny but my question is for real:

if anyone in a EU country where customs is not so into CE stickers wants to try the E-Nano and get some indemnity for the trouble.. let me know!

Osn Dosn,
Top Bottom