E-Nails: Terpz vs. Auber RDK-200 vs. Auber RDK-300?

LikeAMarley710

Psychonaut
I've spent the last week researching what e-nail to cop. As of right now, I've narrowed it down between Auger and Terpz (from reviews).

I've noticed Auber has a standard and deluxe version of their version 2. As far as I can tell, other than looks, the RDK-300's extra feature only includes a shut-off timer.

The Terpz website has been down for the past two days because of maintenance, so I haven't been able to dig much. They have made my short list because of all the positive reviews I've read about them.

LikeAMarley710,
Reactions: shredder

PoopMachine

Theyre both good units. You cant really go wrong with either one. I have/had both the V2 and the Terpz unit and they work great. Temp control is about the same. The Terpz unit heats up quicker. Thats about the only thing that is really different.

LikeAMarley710

Psychonaut
I should have specified. I plan on getting the 20mm coil and a quartz banger (from another source). I don't want a ti nail, granted I get the Auber.

The good thing about the Auber is you can order just the controller and the coil.

Not sure about Terpz because their site is still down so I still don't know their pricing or packages. From what I've read they are in the $200 range.

@PoopMachine Do you know the differences in the RDK-200 and -300?

Halfqq

Formerly Highland7
6fxljr.jpg

Do you think the 20mm coil with either auber or terpz would work with this

Halfqq,

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
I've spent the last week researching what e-nail to cop. As of right now, I've narrowed it down between Auger and Terpz (from reviews).

I've noticed Auber has a standard and deluxe version of their version 2. As far as I can tell, other than looks, the RDK-300's extra feature only includes a shut-off timer.

The Terpz website has been down for the past two days because of maintenance, so I haven't been able to dig much. They have made my short list because of all the positive reviews I've read about them.

There are a few and in my opinion better and more important differences between the two. First, the Delux has all of its connections in the back. Sexy and smart.

Second, it's got a beautifully anodized metal enclosure. Can you say durable and hard to scratch batman!

Third, it has built in Over Temperature Protection. Bonus!

Fourth, it's dials, buttons and beautiful white LED display are far better quality parts and pieces.

That white LED display and black anodized metal housing makes it one of the best looking controllers out available currently. :love:

All of the others look the same and outdated too. Boring! The only other sexy looking beast in my eyes comparatively is the HN.

For the price different between the two Aubers, it would be a no brainer for me. I'd go Deluxe on the Controller for sure. Cheah! :rockon:

FWIW---My Auber RDK200 with the flat coil has been going strong almost daily since Dec 0f 2014.
:rockon:
This is important good to know information. We all like reliability, thank you for sharing this.

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
You should just get the RDK-300. The temperature dial practically sells it. If the management of wires coming from the device is a concern, you could also go with the RDK-200. I've got an enail controller very similar to the Terpz and my main gripe about it is that the temperature adjustment isn't very user friendly. If you get a Terpz you will find yourself mashing on tiny nubs of bubble-buttons for days. Even if you hold the buttons down, the speed starts off extremely slow then shoots up to a breakneck pace that will make you over or undershoot your desired temp every time. That being said, I think an RDK-300 is in my future.

P.S. turns out the 200 doesn't have a removable power cord... 300 all the way

Last edited:
Top Bottom