E-Cigarette (not for THC use)

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
george said:
Do all e-cigs have to be that big? This got me interested in the 306, but that things about the size of a big cigar once you put the other part on. Are there some that are the size of a analog but still perform well?

There are "cigarette-sized" ones but they are less powerful and the batts dont last that long. 306 has 510 threading so you can put a 306 atty on a standard 510 battery (basically the size of a 100cig). If you are going to use the lower voltage batt like that make sure to use low resistance attys

JDSupreme,

the ob

all good in the hood.
where do you guys buy addy's from? Will the addy's that I purchased for my joye 510 fit the Ali'i?

the ob,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
One thing worth noting is you don't absorb all the nic a cig has to offer either. It is smoking even when you are not puffing. Also we assume that you are exhaling some nicotine with both cigs and ecigs as well.

I've read that nicotine from ecigs is absorbed in the upper respiratory tract and that you don't even need a deep inhale to get your nic fix. Some of the e cigar users that don't inhale have also reported that to be true as well though it's anecdotal evidence.

As far as a starter that isn't so huge... The eGo's are not terribly large and can be used with the 306's either without the cone or with an adapter or longer drip tip. I've helped quite a number of people transition using the eGo style setups.

The Vapor4Life folks are kinda 'cultish' IMHO. Have been for many moons and usually you'll hear the term "drank the koolaid" a bunch regarding their over zealous fans. I have heard both good and bad about their products though.

One new small thing that has come out that has many veterans impressed is the new Maxx Fusion from Bloog Planet. Even a 2yr heavy vaper friend has said that she can't believe how much the cartomizer in the unit has been improved and is sending me one to test out. It is a cig-sized option that could be looked at as well. A long time vapor went to China and helped guide the redesign process and I've heard only VERY positive things about them.

http://bloogplanet.com/

RE: Atomizers! I've tried all the major manufacturer's and have found I appreciate none of them as well as the Cisco designed versions. They used to be sold through a few vendors but now Cisco has his own site so they can be bought direct. I recently tried to go back to Joye or SLB's and found I just can't enjoy them as well as the Cisco versions. His site is: http://www.avidvaper.com/

Lo,

the ob

all good in the hood.
JDSupreme said:
OC513 said:
JDSupreme said:
quickly tho...an atty is what turns the liquid into vapor, a cartomizer is an atty contained inside a cartridge that holds more liq but you lose taste and they are semi-disposable. Attys are my choice, no questions. I've tried almost every carto there is too

JD, I find this interesting......I have used most of the more well known atty's like 510's, 901's, 801's.....never any LR tho and I find that flavor and throat hit are much better thru a KR 808 cart. What atty do you use? is it LR? Do you get a great throat hit? I am gonna bust out some atty's and experiment again tonight. I use an NHaler mod at 5v.....but gonna get a Darwin very soon

currently im vaping a standard ohm (2.5 i think, not LR) 306 atty @ 4.7v. Good throat hit, decent flavor, great vapor. Its tiny and powerful. It looks similar to a blu atty but its different. Cartos were always kind of an "airy" hit to me. Lovin this new 306, got a 801 mini from ikenvape coming tomorrow. That is supposed to be a flavor monster. Plus its kinda pointless to have a bottom feeder that fills a carto :) might as well just use cartos

will the 306 and the 801 work with both the 510 I am getting and also the Ali'i that I hope to get? Also, it seems like the vendors run out of the addys often. Can you give me a list of your top three or four places that you like to order those from.

the ob,

Lo

The 510 threads will only take 510's or 306 atomizers or cartomizers but you can buy little adapters that screw on to let you try the 801 atty on a 510 threading. Look for 510 to 801 connector.

They now make stealth connectors as well as the standard ones.
http://www.avidvaper.com/categories/Accessories/

I purchase all my attys from Avidvaper.com nowadays, I've tried them all but I'm hooked on the Cisco variety plus I get a discount in bulk lol. The Cisco attys cost a bit more as he sends a heavier gauge nichrome wire to the factory to be used in his attys and they are made to his specs. I'm so hooked, they rock!!

http://www.avidvaper.com/categories/Atomizers/

IkenVape is another good source but there are really oodles of atty suppliers. Personal preference on some of the brands.

http://ikenvape192.corecommerce.com/All-Atomizers-c10/

Madvapes a good supplier as well:
http://www.madvapes.com/Atomizers_c_160.html

At the moment I'd avoid ordering from China direct as many packages are getting seized by Customs...even small end user packages being seized and returned not all of course but...it's a risk to try to save $$.

Lo,

the ob

all good in the hood.
lo,
thanks you rock! What would you say the difference between the 510 and the 306's is? also the 801? I guess because I have not tried any yet, it will probably require me doing so.

also, do you know what addys the ali'i will take?

the ob,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
the ob said:
lo,
thanks you rock! What would you say the difference between the 510 and the 306's is? also the 801? I guess because I have not tried any yet, it will probably require me doing so.

also, do you know what addys the ali'i will take?

Ali'i has a native 510 atty connection. 306 has the same threading as a 510

306 is much smaller and has an exposed bridge

JDSupreme,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
the ob said:
will the 306 and the 801 work with both the 510 I am getting and also the Ali'i that I hope to get? Also, it seems like the vendors run out of the addys often. Can you give me a list of your top three or four places that you like to order those from.

Dont worry about the 801 on the Ali'i right now. I'm in the process of finding the correct adapter and getting it modded so I can get this atty to work. I'll get back to you. Stick with the 510/306 for now. 801, 901, and 510/306 all have different threading. And you have to buy special adapters from R&R for bottom feeding.

Just so you know all these questions are answered and asked 100 times over on ECF (and by more way more knowledgeable people) . Plus you wont get a narrow point of view getting all your info from me and Lo :). So many people like so many different things different ways. Make sure you ask these questions over in ECF and you will get a better idea. For example I love the 306 but plenty of people hate them. They all have their different reasons for doing so. I just don't want you to be limited by the shit we say because it may not be the way for you :)

JDSupreme,

Lo

Yeah, the attys and cartos really are a personal preference thing. Once you try a few you'll know what you like.

I've also been hooked on those LR306's for months but I used to use 801's, 901's, 510's, etc. I'd suggest ordering a couple of each and seeing if you prefer one over the other. As you get feeling comfortable you might want to venture into other atomizers or cartomizers. Starting with 510 & 306's since you won't need adapters.

I found the 306's to provide a fuller vapor that was closest thing to an analog I've ever vaped. Love them.

I don't know about the special connectors for the Ali as I'm not a juice feed kind of gal lol. I tried a few juice feeders but just not me.

Lo,

the ob

all good in the hood.
JDSupreme said:
the ob said:

Dont worry about the 801 on the Ali'i right now. I'm in the process of finding the correct adapter and getting it modded so I can get this atty to work. I'll get back to you. Stick with the 510/306 for now. 801, 901, and 510/306 all have different threading. And you have to buy special adapters from R&R for bottom feeding.

Just so you know all these questions are answered and asked 100 times over on ECF (and by more way more knowledgeable people) . Plus you wont get a narrow point of view getting all your info from me and Lo :). So many people like so many different things different ways. Make sure you ask these questions over in ECF and you will get a better idea. For example I love the 306 but plenty of people hate them. They all have their different reasons for doing so. I just don't want you to be limited by the shit we say because it may not be the way for you :)

I have registered over there. I find that there is almost too much information and sometimes it is hard to find and sort over there. I know I am getting a narrower point of view here, but so far you both have given me some great advice. Sometimes it is easier to learn in a smaller forum.

wish me luck tonight with the ordering. Hopefully I can snatch one.

BTW JDS, good luck to your steelers this weekend. Being from portland (we have no one but the blazers and my beloved ducks) I do not have a preference. I am pulling for you because you have been so helpful.......

the ob,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
the ob said:
wish me luck tonight with the ordering. Hopefully I can snatch one.

BTW JDS, good luck to your steelers this weekend. Being from portland (we have no one but the blazers and my beloved ducks) I do not have a preference. I am pulling for you because you have been so helpful.......

Good luck! Its an experience!

And Thanks!! Not only do we have the Superbowl on Sunday but my beloved Penguins (as much as I love football, im way more obsessed with hockey) play the Capitals earlier in the day. Got a fat sack and my couch line up allllll day :)

JDSupreme,

the ob

all good in the hood.
JDS,
I got one! ebony/maple with brass top. I am excited. I am still unsure if I made the right choice with the brass top of not but oh well. I started 15 min early and hit refresh about 1000 times. I knew I would get one because I was so obsessed.

let me know when you figure out what adapter works best. I will be interested to hear. thanks again for helping answer all my stupid questions.

good luck with both on sunday.

the ob,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
the ob said:
JDS,
I got one! ebony/maple with brass top. I am excited. I am still unsure if I made the right choice with the brass top of not but oh well. I started 15 min early and hit refresh about 1000 times. I knew I would get one because I was so obsessed.

let me know when you figure out what adapter works best. I will be interested to hear. thanks again for helping answer all my stupid questions.

VV?

Also, make sure to get AW 16340 batts (2 sets, 4 total). I use the black label 750mAh.

JDSupreme,

the ob

all good in the hood.
JDSupreme said:
the ob said:
JDS,

VV?

Also, make sure to get AW 16340 batts (2 sets, 4 total). I use the black label 750mAh.

yes, the VV. any specific charger? where did you order those from?

the ob,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
the ob said:
what is the difference between the 16340 black label and the red version. One has 750 mhz and the other 550?
http://www.supertmanufacturing.com/id75.html

thats the capacity. AW is going to be way better than basically any other batt. I have 2 sets of those and they work great. I get 8-10 hours of moderate vaping. Usually switch out once a day

here's where it starts to add up. batts, attys, charger, liquid.... :) it gets cheaper later when you get a bunch of shit and just have to occasionally buy an atty or stock up on juice. I buy juice every other month so it stays fresh. 120ml's last me almost 2 months and I usually jump on a random 30% off sale.

That's another thing. COUPON CODES. Check out the suppliers ECF area and look for codes before ordering. I think ikenvapes is "ECF5" but double check. Freedom Smoke USA's forum on there runs random juice and hardware sales anywhere from 10 to 40 % off. Last time I bought juice with 30% off 60ml and 120ml bottles sale.

JDSupreme,

Lo

Kudos on scoring the Ali!! Yeah, that is a good price on charger there...few dollars more at other shops.

I love the AW batteries too! They seem to work well and are a bit safer to use from what I gather. Though most folks have stopped using stacked batteries these days I used them for many months before LR stuff came out. I don't think you have a choice in the Ali though as it is one that still uses them. It's suggested to keep your batts in pairs for stacked use.

Can't wait to see how you like it :D

Lo,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Lo said:
It's suggested to keep your batts in pairs for stacked use.

On the 750mAh black label AW's you can peel off the silver info label on one set. that's a super easy way to not get them mixed up. One set normal, one set blacked out :p Always charge/vape in pairs

JDSupreme,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
EDIT: someone on ECF said they couldn't see the pictures, so I change where they're hosted.

I did it wrong, but it works...is there any problem having the positive connector grounded to the outside lead thru my homemade swivel? I mean, should i use the negative side next time?

I put in the rivet first, only thinking to share the metal for stress relief, and then with the idea of saving a wire or two by grounding through the assembly around the battery connector

i used a dremel to clear the channels between the battery plates inside the box so i could switch them around since I reversed the battery stack
link to pictures album
Qzg3R.jpg

FnuCK.jpg

a37po.jpg

m1tet.jpg

FM antenna wires are both soldered to the center connector, then potted in place with JB Weld
copper conductors were thin, so i thought i'd better double them
i thought the wire would be pretty, and actually makes me wonder if a bottom feed tube would fit in here (an earlier attempt with 18 gauge automotive wire wasn't flexible enough to swivel freely).
e9DPF.jpg

U3DCR.jpg

i thought the felt washers would act as a clutch, allowing me to use rivets instead of bolts that might need to be tightened, but i failed to make the bracket wide enough to accomodate two metal washers around it... i like the way it looks

ayJvj.jpg

i dont know why i thought a tactile switch rated for 2 amps would be cool, in use its clicky and hard to reach

gyqeU.jpg

micro-switch modified by opening with my pocket knife and removing the NC connector post, for additional clearance inside the box, and to remove the roller-lever that normally depresses the button

pRS1C-2110710w345.jpg

parts used:
4*AA battery box from radio shack, with two small holes drilled and the plates changed around inside
2 wires from FM antenna (main switch to center connection of 510 bat con)
swivel made from:
1/2" e-cig battery tube, drilled through at one end
1/4" x 1 1/4" sheet metal cut with tin snips from computer card cover, bent to fit tubing plus clutch, drilled accross and down thru bottom
2 washers
2 felt washers from unused ceiling fan parts
2 pop rivets, one to hold the swivel to the battery connector plate, through the plastic of the box, and one to allow the tube to swivel up and down

but this is still a brick of batteries...we just happen to be a rechargeable AA household

I didn't plan this out, but rather, started tinkering and re-designing from my first box ad hoc, borrowing ideas, like the want or need for a switch that fits inside (but should really be located on the front) and the ability to fold-up or store for travel, instead of having an atty sticking out all the time

i really like the atty battery combo i've stumbled upon, Joye 510 (2.3 ohm) with 5.2 volts (I'd originally chosen the atty to work with only three AA's, so just the tip would stick out of the fourth slot, but the vaping experience changed the plan to use all four batteries, though i still pop in a jumper made out of a paper clip sometimes. I even tried 2 ohm attys with three batteries, which theoretically should have been respectable vapor, but it paled in comparison to using all four batteries.

I avoid burning out the attys by taking short (more cigarette-like) hits, but they get pretty hot during a session, and I have to be aware of it to let them cool down.

I might be scary if I ever actually planned something out.

VWFringe,

OC513

Dabaholic
Just ordered my new Darwin.....hoping it will be here by this weekend. Very excited to try this thing out.

OC513,

wthanna

My first e-cig purchase was the KR808D-1. My main complaint was the cartomizers burning and tasting nasty when they were vaped a little too dry. I recently purchased an Ego from cignot.com and the Low Resistance 306 atomisers from avidvaper.com (linked to by Lo) so i could try "dripping". My packages should be arriving today. :D I'm looking to purchase some "e-juice". I would like to buy some smaller bottles so that I can try a variety of flavors in the new Ego. So.... to the question... I'm looking for ejuice supplier and flavor recommendations. Thanks!

wthanna,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
exactly my complaint about the 808, my buddy does say that being really good about topping them up works though, but not for me.

dripping has been tasting much better, i'm currently thinking about going back to the 510 from the LR306, and definitely need a beefier battery.

i think the 510 is actually the more consistent, I find i can still get some off taste with the 306.

but maybe i need to try LR 510 or others even.

rabblerouser,

OC513

Dabaholic
wthanna said:
My first e-cig purchase was the KR808D-1. My main complaint was the cartomizers burning and tasting nasty when they were vaped a little too dry. I recently purchased an Ego from cignot.com and the Low Resistance 306 atomisers from avidvaper.com (linked to by Lo) so i could try "dripping". My packages should be arriving today. :D I'm looking to purchase some "e-juice". I would like to buy some smaller bottles so that I can try a variety of flavors in the new Ego. So.... to the question... I'm looking for ejuice supplier and flavor recommendations. Thanks!

My first ecig was the KR 808 as well......and while I didnt like those batteries I still love the cartomizers. I use them on an XHaler at higher voltage and they rock.....just MUST keep them wet. I cant wait to try them out on the Darwin when it arrives.

OC513,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
wow, 2.3 ohm @ 5.2 volt = 11.75 watts! YOW!

I "DIY," you can save a lot, but there are risks. Use syringes w/o needle to transfer VG, it's thick (pipettes don't work well). US$0.30 for 3 ml. including flavors.

Flavor's I've tried:

Perfumer's Apprentice
Tobacco Blend in Alcohol. (thumbs down)
Menthol liquid (thumbs up)
Red Hots (thumbs up)
Mango (thumbs down)

Essential Wholesale has the best prices in the US for PG and VG. Sourced from Univar, USP pharma in plain bottles. 16 oz PG for $4.05, and 16 oz VG for $2.15 ( $ 10.85 Shipping)

ECF has links to Important Safety and Mixing Calculators that make it easier.

I watched Decadent Vapor's chief flavorist in a Youtube interview - cool to watch. don't have link.

i'm going to try a different mango next time, but that's what i vape on

EDIT: after sending my sister my box mods i made for her family i'm stuck with 2 ohm atty, so 13.5 watts, too much throat hit, too harsh until the batteries wear down then it's okay.

Tip: I avoid burning out atty's with short 4-5 sec. hits (and don't dry burn)

VWFringe,
Top Bottom