• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

E-Cigarette (not for THC use)

the ob

all good in the hood.
^^^^
you have been very helpful. I think I am going to pick up a Ali'i (if I can!) I hope it is this friday. Ill take your advise and give it a shot.

JDS. You have been so helpful, I have a major noob questions.

I contacted the people from darwin a couple of days ago and asked what I would need to order in addition to the device itself and they told me that I would need to order atomizers or cartimizers.

What are both of these? What do they do? I know they heat up the vapor. But i was wondering why I need to order these separately and what is the difference between the two?

Do I need to order these for the ali'i?

thanks in advance......

the ob,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
the ob said:
^^^^
you have been very helpful. I think I am going to pick up a Ali'i (if I can!) I hope it is this friday. Ill take your advise and give it a shot.

JDS. You have been so helpful, I have a major noob questions.

I contacted the people from darwin a couple of days ago and asked what I would need to order in addition to the device itself and they told me that I would need to order atomizers or cartimizers.

What are both of these? What do they do? I know they heat up the vapor. But i was wondering why I need to order these separately and what is the difference between the two?

Do I need to order these for the ali'i?

thanks in advance......

no problem. if you haven't registered on ECF yet do it. but first read all of this...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ping-illustrated-guide-e-cigs-part-1-6-a.html

then if you have any more questions shoot :) that explains everything way better than I can.

quickly tho...an atty is what turns the liquid into vapor, a cartomizer is an atty contained inside a cartridge that holds more liq but you lose taste and they are semi-disposable. Attys are my choice, no questions. I've tried almost every carto there is too

JDSupreme,

OC513

Dabaholic
JDSupreme said:
quickly tho...an atty is what turns the liquid into vapor, a cartomizer is an atty contained inside a cartridge that holds more liq but you lose taste and they are semi-disposable. Attys are my choice, no questions. I've tried almost every carto there is too

JD, I find this interesting......I have used most of the more well known atty's like 510's, 901's, 801's.....never any LR tho and I find that flavor and throat hit are much better thru a KR 808 cart. What atty do you use? is it LR? Do you get a great throat hit? I am gonna bust out some atty's and experiment again tonight. I use an NHaler mod at 5v.....but gonna get a Darwin very soon

OC513,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
OC513 said:
JDSupreme said:

JD, I find this interesting......I have used most of the more well known atty's like 510's, 901's, 801's.....never any LR tho and I find that flavor and throat hit are much better thru a KR 808 cart. What atty do you use? is it LR? Do you get a great throat hit? I am gonna bust out some atty's and experiment again tonight. I use an NHaler mod at 5v.....but gonna get a Darwin very soon

currently im vaping a standard ohm (2.5 i think, not LR) 306 atty @ 4.7v. Good throat hit, decent flavor, great vapor. Its tiny and powerful. It looks similar to a blu atty but its different. Cartos were always kind of an "airy" hit to me. Lovin this new 306, got a 801 mini from ikenvape coming tomorrow. That is supposed to be a flavor monster. Plus its kinda pointless to have a bottom feeder that fills a carto :) might as well just use cartos

JDSupreme,

the ob

all good in the hood.
I did register and spent about 4 hours last night reading. Read until I was cross eyed.

I guess was still confused as to why people seem to own so many addy's. Also why they are so different.

which ones would you recommend I get?

the ob,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
There are different types of atomizers and cartomizers...I've tried oodles of them. Some cases it is personal preference but most of the older styles are dying out with folks favoring either standard 510's or LR510's or LR306's. Atomizers are semi-disposable. I get 3-4 weeks out of mine before performance dwindles and I replace.

If you get an eGo, Ali, Darwin, etc. you would be able to use 510's or 306's as they share the same connector. I'd suggest trying a few to see what suits you. You can also get little adapters to allow you to try other atomizers/cartomizers on your device. I haven't found a cartomizer that sold me...just not a fan, I prefer the atomizers but many people love some of the newer cartomizers and tank mods.

I LOVE the LR306's myself...the Cisco version. I think Ikenvape sells them or you can get direct from Cisco at avidvaper.com. These attys have no nasty primer and are awesome.

Any of you e-cig folks who might be interested...we're planning Vapestock, a big vapers meet in Florida in June :) Come and hang if you can. vapestock.us for details.

Lo,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
the ob said:
I did register and spent about 4 hours last night reading. Read until I was cross eyed.

I guess was still confused as to why people seem to own so many addy's. Also why they are so different.

which ones would you recommend I get?

510 and 306 are a good place to start. Low, Standard, or High Voltage resistance depends on what device/battery combo you are using. 3.7v devices you are probably going to want to go with LR attys, as it simulates higher voltage ie stronger hit. 5v devices i'd go standard resistance. 6v and other HV devices use the HV attys as they will run cooler to compensate for the higher (hotter) voltage. Following?

Also, I forgot to mention the Ali'i is a linear voltage mod meaning you get the same battery life, no matter what the voltage is set on. And if I use a LR atty I just turn it down. Currently I use a standard atty 2.5ohm res. @ 4.7v. I have a HV (3.5ohm res.) 801 mini atty coming that i'll crank the voltage up when I try it.

See this...
Chart2.jpg

here's the link if its tough to see http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h295/Technonut/Chart2.jpg

JDSupreme,

the ob

all good in the hood.
JDS,
that was extremely helpful and I think I finally understand.

You ordered the variable right? I know you are backing the variable as you like the freedom. This does not effect the battery life right? It seems like most people order the non-variable version. Why do you think that is? Is it just because it is cheaper.

btw, we have exactly the same number of posts here. weird.

the ob,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
the ob said:
JDS,
that was extremely helpful and I think I finally understand.

You ordered the variable right? I know you are backing the variable as you like the freedom. This does not effect the battery life right? It seems like most people order the non-variable version. Why do you think that is? Is it just because it is cheaper.

btw, we have exactly the same number of posts here. weird.

Ya the VV is and extra $35. People choose the 3.7v version because they run off an 18650 3.7v batt and most people use the LR attys with this setup. This will last well over a day of vaping. The VV runs on 2 16340 3.7v batts and I get 3/4 day out of a set. I just carry an extra set in the 5th pocket of my jeans. Once you go VV, you never go back IMO. I'll repost something the Ali'i creator posted...

" One of the comments I hear from time to time from people that have purchased vv models from us is that "I never use the vv", well if you aren't setting your mod to 3.7v or 6v, you are using it. Once you find your sweet spot, you will not have to mess with the dial very often, which is a good thing, imho. The benefit of VV is the ability to dial in your voltage, while you have the ability to change it as much as you want, chances are once you find the setting you prefer, you will not be using the dial very often. "

JDSupreme,

the ob

all good in the hood.
bought a joye 510 to tide me over until I can get the Ali'i. I am going to try to place an order frinday. We will see what happens.

the ob,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
the ob said:
bought a joye 510 to tide me over until I can get the Ali'i. I am going to try to place an order frinday. We will see what happens.

Sweet. I think the Ali'i is going back up for sale Friday. Definately get some LR 510 or LR 306 (same threading) attys for the 510 tho!!!

JDSupreme,

the ob

all good in the hood.
JDSupreme said:
the ob said:

Sweet. I think the Ali'i is going back up for sale Friday. Definately get some LR 510 or LR 306 (same threading) attys for the 510 tho!!!

The Ali'i is going on sale friday. Hopefully I am quick enough on the draw to snatch one.

Where do you buy you normally order your addy's from?
will those same ones work with the Ali'i?

It's funny. I think the Ali'i appeals to me in the same way the zap does. Easy to use, low upkeep and really nice to look at. I think I am going with the ebony/maple with brass combo.

the ob,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
paying via a paypal registered credit card was how i did it. it all happened so fast I dont remember seeing a direct credit card entry so id get "paypal ready" for the speed factor alone

JDSupreme,

the ob

all good in the hood.
JDSupreme said:
paying via a paypal registered credit card was how i did it. it all happened so fast I dont remember seeing a direct credit card entry so id get "paypal ready" for the speed factor alone

You are saying that a paypal box came up on the website? Was there not a place to enter credit card info? I think I might have a paypal account, but Ill have to check. This whole thing scares me.......

the ob,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
my reading points to a couple of things that are disturbing and enlightening...

wattage at the atty is where it's at for vapor production...? with numbers as big as 11 being discussed

JD described 8.8 watts going to his atty.

i'm accidently running 10.3 (EDIT: 11.75) watts with my 4*AA box, and i often taste burnt (but have started to wonder if its just drying out quickly), soon i'll receive a 2.0 ohm atty and will try just 4.5 volts with 3 batteries instead of 4. I should be able to get the same power, and same vapor by just choosing different resistance atomizers, but i'm not sure about the differences between 8 and 10 and 11 watts, can anyone comment?

has anyone seen the Genesis atty? i wonder if it would vape oils better. it looks easy to build, but i don't know about the electronics, or even if they're neccessary. (where's Hippie?)
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...nceatomizer-final-proto-video-1-5ml-7min.html

VWFringe,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
disturbing things i've read:
We get the nicotine thru the throat and mouth, the PG droplet size is too large to interact with the alviolii, so it's slower and takes more "puffs" than a cigarette, and there's some question about how much we actually get into our blood stream.

other alkaloids present in analog smoke act as MAOI's! (nic alone doesn't provide the calming effects of a cigarette).

Swedish snus provides the same effect as a cigarette (WTA = "whole tobacco alkaloid" structure)
with no danger of cancer

i just got my first DIY stuff in the mail, just the nic juice so far, but now i wonder if it's just expensive flavoring (or flavor modifier).

VWFringe,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
We absolutely do get nicotine from ecigs... Less is absorbed than smoking but... it is EASILY noticeable. If I puff on higher nic juice I KNOW it!! I feel it as do many other ecig users. When I tried to go to no nic....I was bitchy, just ask my husband lol. I've weaned myself down to low nic but found I can't go no nic myself.

Seriously...not enough research out there yet but I know many people personally who have stayed off cigs for over a year and some now at 2 years. I'm at 1.5 years now and you couldn't pay me to go back to smoking.

That being said...there are MAOI's in cigs that aren't present in ecig juice. Some folks started using Swedish Snus to get the MAOI's. Not everyone notices them missing but those I've talked to who have all had issues with depression and felt that was why they notice the difference in missing MAOI's.

Lo,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Lo said:
We absolutely do get nicotine from ecigs... Less is absorbed than smoking but... it is EASILY noticeable. If I puff on higher nic juice I KNOW it!! I feel it as do many other ecig users. When I tried to go to no nic....I was bitchy, just ask my husband lol. I've weaned myself down to low nic but found I can't go no nic myself.

Seriously...not enough research out there yet but I know many people personally who have stayed off cigs for over a year and some now at 2 years. I'm at 1.5 years now and you couldn't pay me to go back to smoking.

That being said...there are MAOI's in cigs that aren't present in ecig juice. Some folks started using Swedish Snus to get the MAOI's. Not everyone notices them missing but those I've talked to who have all had issues with depression and felt that was why they notice the difference in missing MAOI's.

Less may be absorbed than smoking but ...

This is how I figure it...

A normal cigarette (analog) contains like 10 or 12mg of nicotine (something like that). The body absorbs less than 2mg of nicotine per cigarette smoked.

24mg eliquid has 24mg of nicotine per ml

So an average vaper probably goes through 2-3ml a day so you are at least inhaling the equivalent of almost 2 packs of cigs. What I dont know is how much of the 24mg in a ml gets absorbed through vaping.

Whatever nicotine is absorbed with ecigs is almost instant. There is no use holding a elquid hit. Whatever is being absorbed is doing so immediately. This differs from bud of course.

The MAIO's are whats really addictive. Straight nicotine is 10X easier to finally kick than a habit combo of nic/combusting/MAIO's that analogs have to offer. I used Thunder Frost snus (the strong shit) over the summer and took an ecig break. When I switched back over there was no difference. I actually think the snus's high nicotine content gave me headaches tho because they stopped when I we back to ecigs.

I see no problem with a slight addiction to nicotine by itself. Like I said before, when I got my ecig my intention wasn't to quit, I just wanted to have something I could hit inside. I LOVED CIGARETTES, and most everything having to do with them. But im not stupid, and the answer was obvious that this was a better way to get nicotine. Just 14 months later you couldn't pay me to smoke a cig (or anything for that matter)

I think a big part of why ecigs work so well is all the maintenance and upkeep that goes along with them. It gives you something to do and fuck with and keep busy, as well as hand to mouth.

JDSupreme,

OC513

Dabaholic
JDSupreme said:
Lo said:

Less may be absorbed than smoking but ...

This is how I figure it...

A normal cigarette (analog) contains like 10 or 12mg of nicotine (something like that). The body absorbs less than 2mg of nicotine per cigarette smoked.

24mg eliquid has 24mg of nicotine per ml

So an average vaper probably goes through 2-3ml a day so you are at least inhaling the equivalent of almost 2 packs of cigs. What I dont know is how much of the 24mg in a ml gets absorbed through vaping.

Whatever nicotine is absorbed with ecigs is almost instant. There is no use holding a elquid hit. Whatever is being absorbed is doing so immediately. This differs from bud of course.

The MAIO's are whats really addictive. Straight nicotine is 10X easier to finally kick than a habit combo of nic/combusting/MAIO's that analogs have to offer. I used Thunder Frost snus (the strong shit) over the summer and took an ecig break. When I switched back over there was no difference. I actually think the snus's high nicotine content gave me headaches tho because they stopped when I we back to ecigs.

I see no problem with a slight addiction to nicotine by itself. Like I said before, when I got my ecig my intention wasn't to quit, I just wanted to have something I could hit inside. I LOVED CIGARETTES, and most everything having to do with them. But im not stupid, and the answer was obvious that this was a better way to get nicotine. Just 14 months later you couldn't pay me to smoke a cig (or anything for that matter)

I think a big part of why ecigs work so well is all the maintenance and upkeep that goes along with them. It gives you something to do and fuck with and keep busy, as well as hand to mouth.

I agree with everything you said except your math is off in what I put in bold above. If you vape 3ml a day at 24mg you are taking in (not sure anyone truly knows what we absorb) 72mg a day. If you smoked 2 packs a day at 10mg per cig you would be taking in 400mg a day.....HUGE difference. 3ml a day of ejuice is closer to smoking 7-8 cigs a day as far as nic intake......again we dont know how much is fully absorbed.

OC513,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
I meant for what you are absorbing considering you get <2mg of nic out of the 10 or 12mg an analog has.

So 2mg per analog times 40 = 80mg per 2 pack a day habit

So now with the nic absorbed, i think about it its probably 30-40% of a 2 pack a day habit (@ 72mg/per day)

JDSupreme,

OC513

Dabaholic
JDSupreme said:
I meant for what you are absorbing considering you get <2mg of nic out of the 10 or 12mg an analog has.

So now with the nic absorbed, i think about it its probably 30-40% of a 2 pack a day habit (@ 72mg/per day)

Ok that makes more sense but again we have very little idea of how much we absorb from ejuice.....most of what I have read says we absorb very little as compared with smoking. So at 2 packs a day absorbing 2mg from each cig you are absorbing 80mg.....so with 3ml at 24mg you are still not even close.......even if you absorbed 100% of the nic(which is WAY off) its only 72mg......lets say you absorb 20% of the nic like an analog(which in my guess is still off) you are still only absorbing 14-15mg a day.

OC513,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
OC513 said:
JDSupreme said:

Ok that makes more sense but again we have very little idea of how much we absorb from ejuice.....most of what I have read says we absorb very little as compared with smoking. So at 2 packs a day absorbing 2mg from each cig you are absorbing 80mg.....so with 3ml at 24mg you are still not even close.......even if you absorbed 100% of the nic(which is WAY off) its only 72mg......lets say you absorb 20% of the nic like an analog(which in my guess is still off) you are still only absorbing 14-15mg a day.

That sounds pretty good to me

Regardless this little fucker rules and probably added 15 -20 years to my life. Priceless

JDSupreme,

george

Do all e-cigs have to be that big? This got me interested in the 306, but that things about the size of a big cigar once you put the other part on. Are there some that are the size of a analog but still perform well?

george,

OC513

Dabaholic
JDSupreme said:
OC513 said:
JDSupreme said:

That sounds pretty good to me

Regardless this little fucker rules and probably added 15 -20 years to my life. Priceless

100% agree.......since I quit smoking both weed and cigs (2 years for weed, and 1 1/2 years for cigs) I feel like a new person. After 25 years of smoking Marlboro Reds I now hate the smell of cigs.....NEVER thought I would say that. I, like you, LOVED smoking. So glad I kicked that nasty ass habit.

OC513,

OC513

Dabaholic
george said:
Do all e-cigs have to be that big? This got me interested in the 306, but that things about the size of a big cigar once you put the other part on. Are there some that are the size of a analog but still perform well?

You can get ones that look almost exactly like a cig but most of them suck.....very short batter life. Many people swear by the Vapor King from Vapor4Life. I started with them but once I moved to a mod I could never go back. If you want to start with them they can be found here. Best bet is to order a starter kit....comes with everything you need.
www.vapor4life.com

OC513,
Top Bottom