E-Cigarette (not for THC use)

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Im on 14months cig free (ECF Veteran). Didn't really plan on using the ecig to quit, I just liked the idea of being able to smoke inside..... but I soon realized how much better of a way to get nicotine this is. I smoked for 13 years before quitting. Here's a list of the ecigs ive had over that span...

1. Blu
2. 510
3. Puresmoker Prodigy V2
4. Carlos Juice Box
5. Vari-Volt Buzz
6. Vari-Volt Ali'i Bottom-Feeder from R&R Manufacturing (should be here next week, cant wait!!!)

I read that some government folks are trying to ban them in NYC. Great, lets make something that helps you get away from a terrible legal substance, illegal.

The ecig honestly saved my life and got me started on a health kick that has bettered my life in so many ways. Fuck combustion, for real.

JDSupreme,

OC513

Dabaholic
Has anyone had the chance to try the new Darwin e cig? It is the future, has a PCB on board so that every hit tastes the same. It adjusts the heat by computer chip so that if your atty is running hot or cold it can compensate. You can also turn a wheel(similar to the PA for the MFLB) to turn the heat up or down as your hitting, so your vapor is always the right temp and flavor. Looks pretty amazing. I am going to order one soon. I am just holding out because there are rumors that they will release a 2nd one that is a feeder, the one that just came out is cartomizers only.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ressions-newest-pre-production-prototype.html

So this got me wondering if this will be incorporated into MJ vapes soon.....a PCB board that can constantly adjust the heating element so that it ALWAYS stays at the temp you set it, regardless of ambient room temp or any other external factors. Might be the next generation of vapes. I guess time will tell.

OC513,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
I saw that one, i think there is room for a fancier e-cig, and i'll probably jump on one.

I think the 510 with drip tip is pretty darn consistent. Generally an off hit just means add more juice or possibly battery will die in one or 2 hits. The consistency is what made me switch away from the 808

rabblerouser,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Lol...I spent part of my weekend sending emails & faxes to NY Health Committee members. Yesterday spent on phone calling them and I'm not even in NY :D Good news is they received A LOT of calls, faxes and emails..hopefully they may table this for now due to response which would give them time to read up...maybe look into the FDA court battle, etc.

FDA's appeal was rejected yesterday so that is AWESOME!!!!!

Anyhow, my Darwin shipped this morning...looking forward. It's not cartomizers only, you can use any 510/306 atty or carto on it...others too with adapters. I'm not a juice feed fan, I like dripping my LR306's.

Recently got the Provari and it is an AWESOME device...made me put down my Fistpack and I didn't think anything would make me do that.

For new folks I agree something like an eGo is a good place to start but I think it's the LR atomizers that really make them work well enough to step away from the smokes. I too like the drip tips with 'em.

Keep it up folks, glad to see more making the switch :D

Lo,

OC513

Dabaholic
good info Lo, thanks. So I have been browsing a little about these low resistance atty's and I am not sure exactly what it all means to me. I use an XHaler mod for about a year now. I use it at 5 volts with KR 808 cartomizers from Vapor4Life and love the throat hit they provide. My XHaler came with almost every configuration that is popular and I've tried them all from the 510's to 901's to 801's and I always end up back at the 808 carts because of throat hit, taste and convenience. So what do the LR attys offer that I am missing? Do they give better throat hit? Better flavor? HELP!!!! lol

When you get the Darwin if you could PLEASE post thoughts here it would be greatly appreciated. I think I am gonna hop on board......just want to hear more reviews from people that actually purchased them.

OC513,

Goodlife101

Living The Good Life
if i am not mistaken arent the low res attys not supposed to be used at 5v? i have an omega and i burned through a 510 LR atty at 5v pretty fast but they make clouds at 3v in my omega and the do offer a good throat hit but idk if it is any better than your 808

Goodlife101,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Goodlife101 said:
if i am not mistaken arent the low res attys not supposed to be used at 5v? i have an omega and i burned through a 510 LR atty at 5v pretty fast but they make clouds at 3v in my omega and the do offer a good throat hit but idk if it is any better than your 808

LR atty's are for standard 3.2-3.7v devices. It tricks them into hitting like 5v. They work on higher voltage but your liq will taste much hotter (burnt)

My sweet spot is 4.5-4.6 with a standard atty

JDSupreme,

Lo

Yes the LR (low resistance) atomizers mimic higher voltages. This provides fuller vapor, warmth, etc. without having to use big batts or dangerous stacked batts.

I used an Xhaler for many months as well before LR's came out. Never thought I'd go back to low voltage but I love it. LR atomizers do need to be kept WET too otherwise they'll burn. They also make LR cartomizers but I'm not a carto fan. Also the newer Xhaler tubes fit a 3.7 18650 as many folks went the way of LR's.

When eGO type batteries and LR attys came out it was game changing and more people found it easier to transition than those of us who used older technology.

I'll report back when I get the Darwin :D

Lo,

OC513

Dabaholic
Thanks all......so thats kind of what I thought but was not sure. A low resistance atty will make a 3.7 device hit more like a 5v device. I certainly cant see myself going back to a 3.7 device now! lol
I am gonna hold out and probably get a Darwin.....then I can change on the fly. The one issue many have with cartomizers is that every now and then you get one that doesnt burn as hot.....Darwin should fix that. Damn Lo I cant wait to hear your thoughts on it.....lucky gal.

OC513,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Cool, a e-cig thread on FC.

I just ordered an Ego-T starter kit yesterday, it will be my first e-cig ever & I can't wait to see what's it like. I haven't had a normal cig yet this year but I did have a few difficult moments already, I'm hoping the Ego will help me through those moments in the future. I'd also like to have an alternative for my SSV at times. I'm vaping a little more weed then I'd like since I quit combustion to be honest, it's getting a little to expensive, plus I'm high way more then I'd like to be because I just fill up a wand every time I feel like having a cigarette.

What are you guys using for juice, do you make it yourself or do you just buy the prefab stuff & if so what's your fav? Dekang is the easiest available brand in my country, is that any good? I thought it might be nice to mix a little ABV tincture with some normal nicotine e-juice to try to get the effects back of smoking joints, did anyone here try that already?

OhTheAgony,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Woot, it's here!!

I don't have any comparison at all since this is my first PV, but my first impression so far is that it's a really nice system. Easy to use, easy to fill, huge clouds. After not smoking for a few weeks a medium 11mg PG juice already makes me feel a little tipsy after 3 or 5 hits, and I can feel it on the throat as well. I'll have to order some low dosage juice asap in a couple of different tastes (watermelon sounds really good right now).

But it seems to do for me what I hoped. A few hits from my SSV interchanged with a few hits from the Ego-T gives me a high that resembles the high that I use to get from smoking joints, perhaps the hunger will stay a way now once and for all. Will need to do a lot more testing though :brow:

OhTheAgony,

OC513

Dabaholic
Good luck to you OhTheAgony......wish you nothing but the best.

The day my first e-cig came in the mail I was blown away.....it was 7-22-09. I took my first pull and couldnt believe it. I took my 2nd pull and grabbed my trusty box of Marlboro (about 3/4 full) and looked at the wife "Honey I will never smoke another one of these as long as I live!".....she laughed and said "Oh how I wish that would come true".....I have never had another cigarette since. 25 years of smoking a pack a day of Marlboro Reds(more on weekends when I was drinking) and I have not looked back or craved one since. Pretty remarkable to me and anyone who knows me. I have not combusted anything since that day and most likely never will again. Vapor ftw.

edit.....Lo did it come yet? Did it come yet? Ha ha? did it? Ha did it? :D

OC513,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks OC!

Day two with my Ego-T now, and I'm still satisfied. Yesterday I didn't even use a third of the weed I normally consume in one evening ever since I started vaping, simply felt no need to take more after a certain point. I do hope my low dosage juice comes in tomorrow though, I keep finding myself sucking my T without actually inhaling because I don't want to get to much nicotine in. The vapour that comes of it smells really good though, I might start inhaling through my nose in the future. The little e-cig is pretty addictive by itself, haha.

Funny though, I had no real problem quitting normal cigs, but it's quite hard to substitute those bloody joints once you're used to them.

OhTheAgony,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Boy any of you guys use the LR 510s on your 3.7 v devices? Its a pretty nice vape but are you ready for one hell of an upgrade?

Pick up some LR 306 attys w/ a drip tip. Holy. Shit. Intense vapor, flavor, and throat hit. For some reason the atomizer doesnt hold onto the taste of flavors either, i can vape menthol liquid and switch to watermelon and the menthol flavor is gone in just a few drips.

LR 306 + 3.7v = My sweet spot.. hope this helps someone.

Survivalism,

Lo

lol! I have evolved!!! Yes, the Darwin arrived today :D

It is a sweet PV that is for sure! Funny looking of course but built like a brick shit house from the feel.

I have the LR306 (which I ADORE) on it as we speak. Heading out the door but so far, I'm amazed at how this thing works. My ProVari is a sad panda today...all lonely and shit!

Lo,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Waitwut, is it this thing you guys are talking about??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffYLlfpSfdk

And here I was thinking my Ego is advanced!! :o

Overall this market seems much more evolved than the one of our herbal vaporizers wouldn't you say? I only just dived in to it, and I can't believe how many nice toys and devious contraptions I've seen already.

edit: should've checked OC's links first, never mind. It's still spectacular though!

OhTheAgony,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
My new baby. Ebony/Yellowheart Ali'i Vari-Volt Bottom-Feeder from R&R Manufacturing

2011-01-29124020.jpg

2011-01-29131647.jpg

JDSupreme,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Looks purdy JD.........

I can't decide between the Darwin or the Provari !! They both seem like awesome PV's.

As much as I find it really really hard to resist a purchase, I think I'm going to wait out the releases a bit and see where they evolve to.

I've got a few different devices that are doing it for me, so an addition is no more than a treat of convenience and want.

VapeOn,
smokum

smokum,

Lo

Sweet looking Ali JD!! Hope you're loving it!

I'm playing with the Darwin now lol.

Lo,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Any of you guys order eliquid from Viking Vapor? The prices are insane and the customization is out of control, you can email them and have them do WHATEVER you want to the liquid ontop of the checkout options.

I placed an order on the 28th for

Blueberry
Cinnamon Bun
Dr Peppa
Fruit Punch
Root Beer
Hickory Smoke Tobacco
Menthol Smoke Tobacco

All 7.5 ml, 12 mg, filterless throat hit and normal flavor.

Forgot to put that id like a VG heavy mix for more vapor so i just sent them an email, hopefully they have not made all my bottles yet and can change it to something like 70% VG 30% PG.

Shorted myself on liquid so i think im gonna have to go a few days on analogs.. :(

Survivalism,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Oh man, don't do it... :(

I just ordered a 510 LR carto to try on my Ego battery btw, just curious.

The Ego-T is becoming quit popular over here now that the prices have gone down a bit. No reported problems either on the dutch e-cig forum so far, I'm really starting to like this toy.

OhTheAgony,

the ob

all good in the hood.
JDSupreme said:

does the fact that this in not shaped like a cigarette take away from the experience? One of the things that i would think would appeal to people is that they feel like they are smoking. these look like vaps that you would use for something other than tobacco.

back to the original idea. has any one found a way to use a tincture and one of these devices?

the ob,
Top Bottom