Mr.Sifter

Can you turn the mouthpiece to adjust condenser length while the tip is on or do you have to take it apart to adjust ?

Mr.Sifter,
Reactions: Ricardo

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I really liked the "old" Omni Ti and was puzzled when it was changed so quickly. Initially, I didn't love the current design but over time it grew on me. When I finally opened the black tube and my OmniXL slid out, I immediately recognised the pictures don't do it justice. When I took her for a spin, that's when I really appreciated that new design and realized it's about more than aesthetics, it was also very much a functional design decision. The material removed by those "chisel" cuts feels so right in my hand (grippy describes it very well) and the cuts are done in a radius that makes spinning an effortless and ergonomic motion. It's absolutely crazy crackers how much the latest Omni design enhanced/improved my spinning and overall experience coming from the M. I can't speak to the "old" (way back in March of last year) Omni body design, it appealed to me but I think I'm putting my faith in DynaVap's design decisions from here on out. If they changed the Omni Ti design again, I'd be inclined to think that George and Co. had solved some crazy maths that warranted the change and improved user experience and that I would absolutely have to have it! :D I believe DV values their customers (especially the fanatical ones!) and would not change designs on their flagship model unless it makes the ultimate VapCap experience better. Just my thoughts. :peace:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Can you turn the mouthpiece to adjust condenser length while the tip is on or do you have to take it apart to adjust ?
No problem adjusting the airflow live. I usually leave it as set for any given moment I am using it so I don't adjust it live much. And you never have to pull off the tip for adjustment, but you might want to set it by pulling the cap and covering the tip with your finger so you can experience the air flow level.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Hey y'all, I was kinda out of the loop after the new year and had limited access and energy. No excuses, but I just realised there's a bunch of posts I missed. I thought I had lurked successfully but alas - nope. So I've read them late but didn't know the protocol about liking old posts. I typically like things as I read them, but does anyone really care whether I like something they said 2-3 weeks ago? So I erred on the side of doing nothing :haw: and you'll just have to wonder if I like what you said back then. That is all. Get to wondering!

As this post has nothing to do with VapCaps from DynaVap, it is technically off-topic. Report me.

McSheamus

I have not posted in this thread yet although i have 3 VC's. I have a problem with my recent purchase.

My 14mm blackwood vong stem does fit my omnivap xl and ti woody xls, but it does not fit my 14mm bubbler. It does fit in the way that it's tight, but there is so much airflow.

The airflow causes me to have no vapor at all, but the bowl is spent. With the omnivap i have closed it up completely + hold the air intake of the vong stem without any change.

I have tried pushing it in as far as i dare stressing the glass without any change. I honestly don't know what i'm missing here...

Any ideas?

TIA

Edit: turns out there is no limit to stupidness! Apparantly you can turn the stem around and than it does work :D

Last edited:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
I have not posted in this thread yet although i have 3 VC's. I have a problem with my recent purchase.

My 14mm blackwood vong stem does fit my omnivap xl and ti woody xls, but it does not fit my 14mm bubbler. It does fit in the way that it's tight, but there is so much airflow.

The airflow causes me to have no vapor at all, but the bowl is spent. With the omnivap i have closed it up completely + hold the air intake of the vong stem without any change.

I have tried pushing it in as far as i dare stressing the glass without any change. I honestly don't know what i'm missing here...

Any ideas?

TIA
Can you post a pic of your setup?

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
I like this "old one" with the coil+wire design
It is narrower than my M and well as the MP. Feels more like one piece and the cooling click can be felt in the body in mine as well.

It was the multifaceted TI Omni that finally got me to pull the trigger on the Omni. I really love the design...
It was a diversion from making everything cylindrical oriented. Which threw a lot of people at first. If it's a design that takes away anything from making the Omni look less like a more illicit 'pipe' to someone who never seen one before, than that is a positive.

The material removed by those "chisel" cuts feels so right in my hand (grippy describes it very well) and the cuts are done in a radius that makes spinning an effortless and ergonomic motion.
That seemed like a design choice to me from the pics. :nod: Without too much precision mill work.
So I've read them late but didn't know the protocol about liking old posts.
I understand the dilemma.:hmm: If you skim the last two pages that you missed just to get caught up, then maybe like the posts like some sort of clicker game?
I confess that I have thought about wanting a "like all" button at the bottom of the page several times. :haw:

Waiting for the XL MP upgrade for my M. And whatever wooden MP I end up getting. :party:

@Boden , like how things have developed with your design. From idea to finish! :tup:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
rxVU6Ow.jpg

kPLSnVO.jpg

Fi0CSwC.jpg

This one in A2 Steel is my favorite so far. Once it gets warmed up... Boo ya:D

The bluing is from a heat test I did on it. Wanted to see how heat traveled down the tip. Geometry works perfectly.

I think the stem is mahogany. Friend who makes acoustic guitars gave me a bunch of scrap.
You seem to have an awesome set of tools laying about. Your dad must be a t.v. repairman. :D
Seriously though, that's pretty much a knockoff of George's baby. Not sure if I'm a fan. :suspicious:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
You seem to have an awesome set of tools laying about. Your dad must be a t.v. repairman. :D
Seriously though, that's pretty much a knockoff of George's baby. Not sure if I'm a fan. :suspicious:
George said in the tip evolution video that people could make their own tips but to expect some performance differences.

I don’t think @Boden is looking to sell these tips and merely is satisfying his own curiosity.

420golfer

It helps my backswing
does anyone really care whether I like something they said 2-3 weeks ago?

I always check how many likes I have it gets me pumped up for the day. It makes me feel all warm and toasty inside.

Seriously though, I make sure to like posts with good content. I use it as a scale when I've missed 5 pages worth LOL. It's easier to skim through keeping an eye on the posts which have several likes sometimes.

Boden

Aspie polymath
(referring to the blued one above)
In appearance they are similar. In operation quite different. Much more air is able to flow in the deeper grooves in the tip and pick up more heat at the same time. It turns a four cycle load into a two cycle.

If you have noticed I’m working in two directions. A lower temp chamber (4cycle becomes 6) and the above 4 becomes 2.

It seems the “like” mechanism may be a powerful psychological stratagem
to help people to be nice to one another. :2c: Just my take. :love:

I see it as a Pavlovian mechanism.

Last edited:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
(referring to the blued one above)
In appearance they are similar. In operation quite different. Much more air is able to flow in the deeper grooves in the tip and pick up more heat at the same time. It turns a four cycle load into a two cycle.

If you have noticed I’m working in two directions. A lower temp chamber (4cycle becomes 6) and the above 4 becomes 2.
You do awesome work sir. Wide skillset for sure.
:bowdown:

I just had to turn the stem around, silly me
:lol:
That will stop that excess air from creeping in.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I'm not so sure it's a Pavlovian mechanism or a psychological ploy to help us be nice to one another. I'm betting it came about due to user feedback; so much easier/better to have a like button than to have a post tagging the last 6 posters to say, "Me too!" Y'all must be revisiting the works of George Orwell... :D

I'm nice (most the time) because it feels good and it's easier than being mean.

And because my VapCap from DynaVap works so well.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I just had to turn the stem around, silly me
Don't feel too bad. The illustrious reviewer and fellow FC member TheVapeCritic @VCBud in his first VC review after he got down how it works had the NonavongS backward for the whole review. He wasn't testing that version in glass and probably would have figured it out if he had, but just the same you are in good company.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=197&v=6VUoyjIRllI
If you think about it and realize that the point is to mate with glass it starts to make sense that you need the rounded side, but it takes a little thought if it is sitting in front of you disassembled for a cleaning. And if you are already buzzed... :nod:

Edited for grammer... ;)

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Here is a comparison below. Notice that the Omni tapers in after the tip. Where the M is a straight tube.
du77jbDl.jpg

and you can "feel" the click better with this piece ?
Yea I feel the cool down click in the body. Do have the condenser set partially into the tip. Which might contribute. There is some sort of pushback also. So I don't have to actually hear the click sometimes.

Mr.Sifter

another tip for remembering to put the vongs in the right direction is the DV-logo to face towards the tip.

Yea I feel the cool down click in the body. Do have the condenser set partially into the tip. Which might contribute. There is some sort of pushback also. So I don't have to actually hear the click sometimes.

how is the grip compared to the M ?

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I feel the clicks very pronounced with the latest Omni design as well. It was almost startling the first few times, just how much "haptic feedback" there is with the Omni. I also love love LOVE the satisfying click when assembling my OmniXL, those tight tolerances and precision milling, mmmmmmmm
:mmmm:

Top Bottom