1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Boden

Boden Aspie polymath

20x36x106mm

2. Winegums

Winegums I make things from wood Accessory Maker

That's a lot smaller than I though it was, what is the bore size?

As the slides wear in will they become loose? Maybe a spring, detent, or magnets would be a good addition?

I'm sorry if it feels like I'm picking apart your design, I really do like it but the designer in me is curious.

I wanted to do slides on my cases but the thickness needed on the sides was too great for my liking. I've considered doing something that's ~15.5mm thick and would only fit Ti woodies, Ms, and Omnis but it seems limiting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm liking my case now that I can actually use it on the go with a proper torch lighter. I'd ordered the lighter three months ago and thought it was never going to arrive. I tried to use a bic but the soot marks on my cap were driving me crazy.

I'm still fumbling a bit while loading and need to get that technique down a bit better. Overall I'm very happy that I have my whole Vapcap setup in one case. I'm a scatter brain that likes to leave things all over the place so keeping it all in one helps.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    Hogni, Zecrono, Dutch-Mic and 15 others like this.
  3. beyond6strings

beyond6strings Well-Known Member

Question for the VC hive-mind.

Has anyone considered making their Ti tip a dual chamber? I'm getting some CBD crumble next week and I'm considering doing the following. Putting a screen in the deepest setting and place degummed hemp fiber with the crumble in that 'chamber', and then placing a second screen in the uppermost setting and filling that chamber with flower. It's a low temp terpene rich CBD recommended to vape at about the same temps as the flower.

Am I crazy? Let me rephrase that. Is this idea crazy?

Here's a tune for a relaxing Saturday. Have a great day FCers.

Click to play YouTube Video

Hogni, Zecrono, Godspeed and 21 others like this.
  4. Winegums

Winegums I make things from wood Accessory Maker

It will work but the sticky hemp fibres will clog quite quickly with dust from the herb. I like to add herb into the chamber about 3/4 full then top it off with my concentrates. This absorbs them into the herb and less seems to end up in my condenser tube.

Hogni, asdf420, paehtod and 8 others like this.
  5. beyond6strings

Thanks @Winegums that makes even more sense and will be much easier to accomplish. I'm of an age when simple is almost always better.

6. Boden

Boden Aspie polymath

13mm bore
    Slides have magnets.

I’ve got two more designed in my head. One that’s basically a puzzle box.

Zecrono, paehtod, mixchu69 and 13 others like this.
  7. beyond6strings

@Squiby ht for the hemp filter idea. That and your mouth-pull approach to vaping. I pretty much don't use session vapes because you have to breathe in hot dry air for quite a while. I'm a medical/rec user with allergies so doing that frequently throughout the day, day-after-day became problematic. I've incorporated a similar draw technique with my Milaana and that's really helped me enjoy that device more.

So...thank you sir.

DirtyD, Zecrono, FreddieFresh and 8 others like this.
  8. Dynalowrider

Dynalowrider Well-Known Member

beyond6strings, Squiby is a very gracious lady. Doc

V-apE, DirtyD, FreddieFresh and 4 others like this.
  9. StringTheorista

StringTheorista Member

@Boden, that design is lovely! Beautiful piece
    @Winegums a smaller thinner stash that would hold 2 M or Tiwoody size vapcaps is appealing. I like the dynastash but it is a bit thick in a pants pocket—

Hogni, V-apE, FreddieFresh and 5 others like this.
  10. tragique

tragique Well-Known Member

I don't know if anyone remembers, but a few pages ago we discussed how durable the doob tubes are. Well, after about one year of using the same one, the hinge finally broke. It's still useable, but the cap is now loose and I have to make sure not to lose it.

As I said before, I'm definitely not shedding a tear over this... I must have a dozen of these tubes around.

IntoTheVoid, DirtyD, Zecrono and 7 others like this.
  11. Dynavaper

Dynavaper Karma Farmer & Dynavap Maniac

What a pity that the starter of this very thread, Fenton Mewley, has not been seen on FC since October 2017. Anyone knows what happened?

Hogni, V-apE, DirtyD and 6 others like this.
  12. ArthurJ

ArthurJ Well-Known Member

The latest from @Winegums
    Another beautiful piece of work.

[​IMG]

Zecrono, mmenzie, nickdanger and 17 others like this.
  13. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

@ArthurJ . That IS a beaut! I love the metal bands.

14. casebian1978

casebian1978 Member

Just got using mine ,love it microdosing is the bomb, used a tiny amount over the afternoon and evening yesterday ,three times ,next on the list 0.01 scale and a good lighter ,the one I bought burnt out after 3 goes ha ha

15. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

Don't forget the possibility of a @Pipes IH as a fabulous, or, I should say, sterling, add-on. :tup:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    V-apE, Squiby, Zecrono and 9 others like this.
  16. Dutch-Mic

Dutch-Mic Well-Known Member

I'm excited about the production of the spinning TI mouthpieces. I own the TI Woody(okay and the M, sandblasted M and a OG....got a bit of DVAS) and I know I'll buy the Omni in the future.

Currently the Omni is a bit expensive for me, but the modular nature of the Dynavap products could give me an experience close to it... Is it an option to combine the TI Omni body, TI spinning mouthpiece and a TI tip? Then I would have a Omni styled TI Woody. Or a Nomnivap. I don't know how it should be called, but it would be an awesome looking Dynavap vaporizer :tup:

17. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

@Dutch-Mic, I'm not clear on what you're asking, but I'll take a jab. You'll can't use the ti spinning mp w/ the ti mp/condenser, but you can purchase an SS XL condenser. This is the condenser that you need for a spinning mp set-up: an XL condenser, a spinning mp & any stem to your liking. Post again if I got the question you asked wrong.

V-apE, Dustydurban, Squiby and 4 others like this.
  18. Dutch-Mic

Sorry that my question was a bit unclear. It's the language barriere. But you answered my question perfectly, thank you! I'm going to buy the XL ss condenser, ti spinning mouthpiece and a Omni stem.

V-apE, Squiby, shredder and 4 others like this.
  19. stark1

stark1 O .

You are indeed going to want the XL condenser to fit on the MP, Mic.

You may well be happy getting a 7-fin deep spiral Ti tip as well to make a stellar modular ‘Cap. :tup:

An example of a lesser one. ( with a wooden mp, and BODY turned around )

[​IMG]

V-apE, Summer, Squiby and 7 others like this.
  20. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

@Dutch-Mic, you could also just buy the condenser & the tip & put that on your Woody if it's a stem & not a body. And you can also turn your reg. M or sandblasted M into an upside-down M XLS. Like the pics below. Then when you do get the Omni XL, you'll be able to lego all those parts around. You can then take the Omni stem & make it a XLS & take the Omni mp/condenser & put it on your woody or any 62mm stem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/7melza/ti_mxls/
    [​IMG]

I wonder often what befell fellow member & friend flotntoke. He'd never leave us if he had control over it. If anyone knows, please pm me.

Edited to add: & @turk has been mia. @fcmember hasn't come around much as of late so I hope she's been well. :wave: fc!

Hogni, V-apE, DirtyD and 10 others like this.
  21. Dutch-Mic

Thanks for the recommendations @Summer and @stark1. I'll post some pictures when the new parts have arrived. :)

V-apE, Squiby, GreenHopper and 2 others like this.
  22. SloJimFizz

SloJimFizz Unknown Member

Just splitting hairs here @Dutch-Mic , it's not called the Omni stem. Your after the Titanium (Ti) Stem.
    The Omni refers to the adjustable condenser unit with the built in fixed mouthpiece. To the Omni you can add a Titanium, wood, or carbon fiber body/stem, pending size of Omni unit.

V-apE, Squiby, stark1 and 3 others like this.
  23. Mr.Sifter

Mr.Sifter Well-Known Member

Ti stem
    Xls condenser
    Ti tip
    Ti spinning mouthpiece

Mmmh, an omni would not be that much pricier.

I started with a tip tip M.
    Next step xl condenser and spinning ti mouthpiece.
    I dont need it

24. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

@SloJimFizz, yes, splitting hairs over terminology. Although technically correct, it's being a little bit of a stickler. As it's the only ti stem that Dynavap has & it's usually just used in the Omni XL configuration. Except when putting another stem on the Omni XL condenser assembly, most users don't use their Omni stems in any other configuration. I too call it the Omni stem, although it really is also a ti stem. I think most users would recognize it as the 2 or 3rd (?) gen. Omni stem.

Not true, @Mr.Sifter. Spinning mp, $20 - $30; SS XL condenser $10, tip $40, cap $20, stem of choice: vong runs $39, a carbon fiber $35. Like $40 cheaper. But this is where I think that for a small difference either way, you should buy what you think you are going to enjoy.

25. beyond6strings

Oh crap. @Squiby I'm so damn sorry. Eternally shamed. Yet still very grateful for your ideas.

V-apE, DirtyD, Squiby and 3 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors