• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Likun

So as the sale is going on I'm just about to order a VapCap "M".
What else do I need additionally? Do I need replacement screens and/or rings?
I saw there is a M basic Kit for 80 $ in offer. Now I'm considering this vs. just the VapCap for 40 $ vs. VapCap + few additions for ~60 $ (hemp fiber, replacement screens and rings, lighter).

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
the sale seems to still be going on https://www.puffitup.com dunno if they ship internationally at all
get the M! Mine arrives so soon... just need to find something to vape with it

20% off VapCap! Code DYNA
This sale ends Monday then it's gone for good. Don't miss out!vapcap
Puffitup is already my supply store.They were able to offer a 20% discount on all Vapcap items which is great.

Sigh, the OG and Vapcap 2 is Out of stock. It was worth a shot anyway.
Whew, it looks like they have no XL
DynaStashes on sale. That was a close one...
:lmao:I was going through the exact same rationalization for not wanting it. The basic stash that they offered that was near $20 never stood a chance.
So as the sale is going on I'm just about to order a VapCap "M".
What else do I need additionally? Do I need replacement screens and/or rings?
I saw there is a M basic Kit for 80 $ in offer. Now I'm considering this vs. just the VapCap for 40 $ vs. VapCap + few additions for ~60 $ (hemp fiber, replacement screens and rings, lighter).
Check out my previous post and how I budgeted things as an example. Best bang for the buck I came up with. Went with the two sets of rings and a pack of SS screens. (and two 'M' s with extras) That covered all the bases for me. The starter kit they offer is $80. Where my list will get you 2 'M's and the more necessary rings and screens for $20 more minus the odd extras.:2c: Although some have sourced there rings elsewhere.

The second buy was the upgrade to Ti. with a second cap added it still would be under $100 and I will have 4 tips and caps to work with. (Plus screens from my 1st purchase). See the path I took. :freak:

Summer

Long Island, NY

Likun

Thanks for the replies.

@CuckFumbustion I don't really understand what you've bought though. Why should I need two M's?
@Summer Your option including The Light or Flight Kit is very interesting, unfortunately this kit's sold out.

I guess I'll go either with the Basic Kit for 80 $ or the M with some extras for about 60 %. So basically I need to decide whether I do need a dynastash or I can live without it.

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
sized_0.jpg

This is pure genius and I'm definitely going to make a sandy mess in my shop in the near future.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
@CuckFumbustion I don't really understand what you've bought though. Why should I need two M's?
The convenience of having two loads ready. I plan on carrying the tips and one body as one portable option. Filling and emptiying the VC in outdoor conditions is my consideration. Since I got it as my off-the-grid vape.

The options of having two. Cleaning one while having the other to use. Sometime I will keep the 1/2 vaped in one tip and a fresh in another. Also helped speed up my learning curve.

So this is a breakdown of what I bought. Essentially 2 'M's and all the replacement parts, a torch lighter and fat mouthpieces. No butter or wicks, just the hardware needed with backup.
2 'M's with the two types of extra rings and a pack of SS screens and a Vertigo triple torch. 2 Fat mouthpieces. $ 100.83

What I bought was the two types of rings that the 'M' uses. The thick rings that keep the condenser in place and the thinner hi-temp o-rings that keep the tips in the 'M' in the body. (The Ti uses 3 rings btw)

1 pack of replacement screens. They are small enough to lose even if they are durable.

The Vertigo triple torch (the venom?) which is a good all purpose torch.

2 fat mouthpieces which can be used as a sort of adapter.

Why go later, for $40, + no shipping ( although I do see why you
are hesitating, a PIH would make for a fire free experience ).
That is the other reason. I will want two if I like it. Bought these with going outdoors in mind. Could easily lose one, or just the cap, etc.... piece of mind.

Had trouble with changing the rings initially and had to throw out a couple from over working them. Purposely disassembled. cleaned and reassembled my 'M's before using them to remove any machine oils. There is less precision milling with the tips as opposed to the Ti's. That being a factor in considering replacement parts.

The parts now seem a lot more broken in and I only use one ring for the tips to kep it in place and become more accustomed to pulling the tips in and out of the body like a cartridge. Instead of being apprehensive to mess with it.

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Love your sandblasting!!!

And your "DynastashBrick" (?!?!) as well!!! :p How does it work? :D

Thanks! The little stash/brick item is a test 'ashtray'. Or rather somewhere to dispose/blow out my ABV...
The 10mm hole nicely fits the VC Tip and tiny tiny holes let air pass through but not the ABV. Who knows if I'll actually use it / find it useful...

This is pure genius and I'm definitely going to make a sandy mess in my shop in the near future.

You should!
As with many things these days, 60 seconds of YouTube set me on the right track.
Then it took me about 10 min to make my sand-blaster...:tup:

Smokey McVape

Is there any noticeable performance difference between running a Ti screen in the Ti tip versus running a SS screen in the Ti tip? The SS screen would stay hot for a bit longer and delay the cool-down click, no?

Also my previous generation (2016) Ti CCD screen has the same cutout design as the new SS screens, so airflow and filtering ability should be the same between those 2..
@mccringleberry - I only notice one - for me - important difference. That is that ABV sticks to the SS screen but not the TI screen.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I'm not familiar enough with the risk of lithium ion battery rupture, heat cascade or explosion during rapid discharge, to feel comfortable with the battery pack in my pocket while powering an induction heater. Maybe on a belt.

Agreed. A belt battery pack would make sense (save some pecans, i.e. nuts).

A non-portable IH * lol * possible alternative VapCap heating for some of us, in haus.....

TCaSYxu.jpg

Last edited:

DirtyD

A portable I h disguised cleverly as a packet of your favorite look alike ciggys. When I get my mini pipes I'll think about designing a slip cover that resembles a pack of merlberl reds...... Maybe I'll make one. Maybe a hidden in plain sight discreet " not noticed" kind of "invisibility" . It will probably just remain a stoner idea for me but who knows. Cheers! D.

analytika

Cotton swabs (designed to clean gun components) that fit easily (with just enough useful resistance) through at least the XL condenser (all I have). Ideal for cleaning. With this, mild soap and an ultrasonic cleaner, my omnivap doesn't see ISO.

Should be affiliate free link.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
frosty, get a Dynamag and an Altoids tin and you can live without the Dynastash for now. It acts as a heatsink to reset the cap. You can pack the "M" around in the tin. Doc
This is my view as well. It's easy to just get a magnet and place it somewhere easy at your vape station, and an Altoids can works perfectly. My lust for the DynaStash is for when out and about, and the DS is great for that, containing the VC (hot or cool) and providing a cooling station.

(Quit trying to talk yourself into it!... It's OK, they are out...OK, nevemind then)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Do any of our other vendors make a Dynastash XL? I checked over at Eds and see lots of dugouts but none for the VC. I see some have made their own, but is anyone else retailing one?

(Are you at it again?... Yeah, what of it?... nothing, I was just askin...)

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Do any of our other vendors make a Dynastash XL? I checked over at Eds and see lots of dugouts but none for the VC. I see some have made their own, but is anyone else retailing one?

(Are you at it again?... Yeah, what of it?... nothing, I was just askin...)
I'm not sure if you missed it but I just posted Cherry and Maple XL cases, and I also have a 15% off sale + free shipping over $50 going on until 12pm Monday. Some of the regular size cases will be going up tonight after I can get pictures of them. I was hoping to have more completed by now but I had to move some of my stacks of planks yesterday.
il_fullxfull.1362212116_8zic.jpg

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I DID see those (sorry forgot to mention) and they look beautiful. They are a little too wide for my application and a little too pricey, but a value for the amount of work you put in to them. I have been looking at other items you have created as well. Great work.

cybrguy,
Reactions: Winegums

MinnBobber

I want a VCAP
F^CK-N lucky people!
.....................................................................................
@ataxian ,
even though I was the one urging caution, see if your wife will agree that investing less than $50 will keep you from being miserable :)
If an inexpensive M doesn't work for you, you can always sell it here.
I assume you have no vaping buddies that could let you try b4 you buy??

shredder

The cap will develop an external patina over time but it does not require cleaning. The inside of the cap is not exposed to resin residue.

Only the tip and condenser will require cleaning.

If you use a lot of concentrates youi may have to clean the inside of the cap and the outside of the tip. I've had my cap glue itself to the tip. I guess every rule has an exception. Not a problem with herb apparently.

Because of this I now use a slightly smaller concentrate pad. Something that fills in the chamber 3/4 full rather than up to the top. My two cents, lol.

Top Bottom