cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So, I finally succumbed to that BF sucking sound emanating from the DV website and satisfied my Dynalust. Given that it is still Thursday mid day, what are the chances that I am done with BF? Not very good, I'm afraid. At least George and crew got first crack...

Planck

believes in Dog
As others have mentioned a bit of silicone tubing on the M or any other Vapcap for that matter works pretty well on a 14mm female glass joint. If the cut is imprecise, ragged or out of square the seal is compromised.

This can be improved upon imo. I have a 1/2 in. long piece of 5/6 OD silicone tubing folded back over itself and place over the lip relief, this creates a very true edge that seals perfectly but remains easy to pull off of the 14mm joint.

The depth of engagement in the joint can be fine tuned by moving the tubing up or down the stem. The very tip of the mouth piece is not covered so a quick dry hit remains pleasant, no silicone in the mouth.

Hope this helps! :brow:

davesmith

Glass Blower
Went to check out my sale basket and realised why I ended up missing out on the 420 sale. I don't have a credit card. In the uk we have debit cards which unfortunately don't work on the @VapCap site! Hopefully I've got a friend coming over tomo who has a credit card but PayPal would be my preferred choice ideally. Oh well I know PayPal are funny about these things.

Fingers crossed I don't miss this one too!!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I agree vongs give best connection, but a glass 10/14 adapter with M and other standard dynavap MPs is a very close second. Way better than fat mouthpiece IMO
I LOVE the 10mm with the M. Seals perfectly.
I don't have any 10mm adapters so I have never tried one with a VC.
Dynastash xl available and sale priced. I didn't know.
I ordered my Ti OmnivapXL so it is tempting to get a DS for it, but I don't yet know if it will be something I want to carry around or use at home. If it is the latter primarily I don't really need one so I will hold off for now. I'm sure it comes with a shipping tube like the other VCs and I can use that in a pinch. The one I currently carry is my Ti Woody, and I have a DS for that.

The more I think about this the more I realize that this vape is unlikely to be home based, as at home I use the JarHead and the extra length of the XL is likely to favor use with a torch. So...

A new XL DS MAY be in the future...

Last edited:

MinnBobber

I can use a torch in private. (with no one looking)
My BUCKET item on my list is to DNAVAP with a CAP.

I'll try or maybe call them next week?
..........................................................................................
just a word of caution @ataxian : VapCaps are great devices in many ways but they do take a certain level of dexterity. There's no glass to break (thankfully for you) but the spin/heat technique can be difficult for those with subpar precision movements or poor hearing, etc.

I tried giving M's to some seniors I assist and I'm " 0 for 3". They couldn't get the spin technique down and one found the small chamber tough to work with.
Just a caution, but hey---- it's super cheap to try and if it does not work, easy to sell :)

I have very good dexterity and truthfully, it's still not smooth sailing for me. I still routinely miss the click---- I can't respect what I cannot hear :)
The small chamber is much tougher to work with than my miniVAP Flexicone baskets, my VapCap ABV is never as unifrom as my miniVAP, VC is tougher to inset hemp filters, VC taste is not up to miniVAP.

For your home use and EVO benchmark, I'm not sure a VC will be up to that "high bar" that you have.
EVO vs VapCap will be very similar to miniVAP vs VapCap IMO.

Not dissing the VC as it is great for what it is BUT for some (many) it's not going to displace a top tier desktop.

You (and me) would probably have a better VC experience with an induction heater (no torch needed) BUT I'm kind of stubborn.... it's a butane vape dammit, so why make it into a electric vape???
Hell, what's next...... finding a way to use a butane torch for your EVO instead of electricity ??? ;)

Again, not being negative, just realistic that VC is not for everyone. But, cheap to try the M :)

Summer

Long Island, NY
@ataxian, call them tomorrow, not next week while the sale is on to discuss payment options.

Ok I decided to get a Wooden TI vapcap (thanks to Summer). What happened to the Nonavong XLS though?? Did they sell out or just no longer in production?

Can someone please answer @babaganush's question? :shrug: I see that only the 92mm is available here & on puffitup, but do see that they have the XL & XLS (109mm) at a European distributor.

My suggestion is to call Dynavap tom.

As others have mentioned a bit of silicone tubing on the M or any other Vapcap for that matter works pretty well on a 14mm female glass joint. If the cut is imprecise, ragged or out of square the seal is compromised.

This can be improved upon imo. I have a 1/2 in. long piece of 5/6 OD silicone tubing folded back over itself and place over the lip relief, this creates a very true edge that seals perfectly but remains easy to pull off of the 14mm joint.

The depth of engagement in the joint can be fine tuned by moving the tubing up or down the stem. The very tip of the mouth piece is not covered so a quick dry hit remains pleasant, no silicone in the mouth.
Hope this helps! :brow:

We love pics here, & some of us need pics. :nod: Here's the how to post pics link. If you need help posting pics you can pm me.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-post-pictures.155/

hinglemccringleberry

45iQVKR.jpg

^Life is good
have the Ti Woody-S in Cocobola and i can tell you the spinning mouthpiece is the best feature. i don't have an Omni (yet) but that will be the one thing missing when i do. i think the omni would be the premiere vape (i know it already is their top of the line) if it somehow incorporated the spinning mouthpiece but that just my opinion. The Ti- Woody-S is not that hard to clean either. the only drawback i have is when i am assembling it after cleaning, the first o-ring that goes into the body (the one close to the carb hole when assembled) is the hardest to get in and i really doubt it is staying in the place it is supposed to stay as i push the condenser into place
Try putting some spit on that o-ring and push the unit in slowly while rotating it if necessary. Helps me get mine back in in the correct spot.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
just a word of caution
@ataxian : VapCaps are great devices in many ways but they do take a certain level of dexterity.
You (and me) would probably have a better VC experience with an induction heater (no torch needed) BUT I'm kind of stubborn.... it's a butane vape dammit, so why make it into a electric vape???

I agree that there are dexterity issues with the VapCap and the torch and it is NOT for everyone. And I went through that same dubiousness about converting a butane vape to an electric one. However (you knew that was coming), with @Pipes induction heaters the number of folks the VC is good for goes up on a very steep curve and I suspect @ataxian is well within that larger group. The other advantages to VapCaps kick in once the dexterity issues are overwhelmed.

With the addition of IHs, and @Pipes are not the only option, apparently, I personally think the only folks a VC couldn't be a good option for are those who have trouble getting the mouth pulling method down or cannot hear or feel the click, and if they use glass, maybe not even them.

hinglemccringleberry

M with a Ti-Tip is my favourite combo!

The Ti-Woody is nice because it is so light weight. And the wood is beautiful. But I don't like having to maintain the wood (as simple as it is) I feel its less hygienic to pass around peoples lips and hands, it can't be cleaned with ISO, I found it can start to harbour smell, and if you accidentally combust that smell can linger too. And the M stem will probably last forever, the woody not so much.

After buying lots of DV & Parts for myself and others, I have ended up keeping two Ms with Ti-tipsEverything else has been gifted away, including my woody stem (with a Sandblasted M tip)
This is why DV needs to hurry up and release an all titanium spinning uni. Or at least the mouthpiece. After being spoiled by the S's for my first vapcap I dont have much interest in the models that dont spin. But at the same time I want something that will theoretically last the next 100 years.

Last edited:

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Try putting some spit on that o-ring and push the unit in slowly while rotating it if necessary. Helps me get mine back in in the correct spot.

tried that as well and does not work too well for me. i have some other stuff i am going to try next time

@mmenzie get one of these and take the front end out. The one I have fits inside the VC bodies and over the condenser, you can push the X ring and condenser in place in one.
51Tjknb.jpg

this looks like a great idea but what about the mouthpiece? when i am putting my Ti Wood-S back together i already have the mouthpiece on and i am not sure you can put it back together without the mouthpiece already on. i would love to see a video sometime if you would showing your technique

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
You R the kindness person on this planet!
Put R EGO'S in our pocket's and be CIVILIZED!

Tomorrow is OK?

By the way: NEWTON invented CALCULUS without a CALCULATOR!
Thanks for the kind words man. Seriously! I try to be the same me wherever I'm at. Sometimes people think I'm corny or put-on, but I think consistency wins the day. I try to be the best I can every day, it's just only some days I succeed? FC has a kindness in the atmosphere, I just try to keep the bubble floating!

I've seen some of Newton's manuscripts, hand-written calculations, and personal effects. Just saying

EDIT: Sorry man, yes tomorrow is good. George said they were stocked up so no fear. Dang it, I am excited for you! I think you'll appreciate the elegance of the design. I find after a couple or three rounds (loads) I often find myself contemplating the ingenuity of this thing. I can't imagine what I'll do holding an Omni but I'll let you all know! My brain will probably short circuit on the precision tolerances and all the angles of the facets of that bad boy. I'm not sure I'm worthy!

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Thanks for the kind words man. Seriously! I try to be the same me wherever I'm at. Sometimes people think I'm corny or put-on, but I think consistency wins the day. I try to be the best I can every day, it's just only some days I succeed? FC has a kindness in the atmosphere, I just try to keep the bubble floating!

I've seen some of Newton's manuscripts, hand-written calculations, and personal effects. Just saying

EDIT: Sorry man, yes tomorrow is good. George said they were stocked up so no fear. Dang it, I am excited for you! I think you'll appreciate the elegance of the design. I find after a couple or three rounds (loads) I often find myself contemplating the ingenuity of this thing. I can't imagine what I'll do holding an Omni but I'll let you all know! My brain will probably short circuit on the precision tolerances and all the angles of the facets of that bad boy. I'm not sure I'm worthy!
It's all good!

I hope to place an order?

..........................................................................................
just a word of caution @ataxian : VapCaps are great devices in many ways but they do take a certain level of dexterity. There's no glass to break (thankfully for you) but the spin/heat technique can be difficult for those with subpar precision movements or poor hearing, etc.

I tried giving M's to some seniors I assist and I'm " 0 for 3". They couldn't get the spin technique down and one found the small chamber tough to work with.
Just a caution, but hey---- it's super cheap to try and if it does not work, easy to sell :)

I have very good dexterity and truthfully, it's still not smooth sailing for me. I still routinely miss the click---- I can't respect what I cannot hear :)
The small chamber is much tougher to work with than my miniVAP Flexicone baskets, my VapCap ABV is never as unifrom as my miniVAP, VC is tougher to inset hemp filters, VC taste is not up to miniVAP.

For your home use and EVO benchmark, I'm not sure a VC will be up to that "high bar" that you have.
EVO vs VapCap will be very similar to miniVAP vs VapCap IMO.

Not dissing the VC as it is great for what it is BUT for some (many) it's not going to displace a top tier desktop.

Hell, what's next...... finding a way to use a butane torch for your EVO instead of electricity ??? ;)

Again, not being negative, just realistic that VC is not for everyone. But, cheap to try the M :)
You know best.
I just had a bad case of VAS?

Last edited by a moderator:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I just finished up these Cherry and Maple XL size cases this afternoon. Regular size cases will be assembled tomorrow. I'll make a post in my thread when I have them posted in my Etsy with better pictures, there should also be details about my sale there as well.
cRYTYAA.jpg

That was a lot of sanding today

babaganush

Last edited:
Top Bottom