1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

If I were starting over with VapCap I would start with a Woody S. Twice the price of an M and 2/3 the cost of a Omni it is right in the middle price wise. It has the Ti Tip which is adjustabowl and heats and cools faster so is the most advanced tip and the same as you get with the Omni. The only thing the Omni has over the Woody is the ability to set an airflow and avoid feathering the air hole. And the Woody is beautiful as you can choose what wood.
    The truth is, most of us have ended up with several different VCs and appreciate having the variety, but you have to start somewhere, and I think a Woody is a good place to start.

I don't yet have an XL VapCap, so I don't know if that needs to be a variable or not, but an extra 17mm couldn't hurt.

2. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

Dude, don't hold back - I'm in Europe too - in a very far-flung corner too - and DynaVap totally sorted out some problems with me. It's more - they genuinely want us (yes, us lot) to enjoy the quality craftsmanship they produce. They don't want anyone to walk away thinking it's a shoddy product. They will absolutely make everything right and be happy to do so. It's kinda hard to understand, in these days of progammed obsolescence.... but this company takes humble pride in what they sell. Their feelings will be hurt if you don't get back to them. Straight up!

3. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

I can't tell you how much I enjoy reading and liking this post. It is a shame that this company stands out as much as it does, but is certainly a HUGE stoke to them that they do.

Thank you, George.

4. Willy

Willy Member

Thanks for your reply, cybrguy.

From what you tell me, I think I might be going directly with the Omni, since I'm coming from a FocusVape (which has adjustable airflow). This is a relevant point for me. I don't see how 17mm could make a difference (do they ?); and in general I like functional yet not too big tech devices.

Other than that, I'm also wondering (a) how long these torch / butane / whatever lighters can survive without re-filling; as well as (b) how many hits I can get from a single weed load. Could anyone share her / his experiences?

PS: And what about the concentrates? D:

Best,

5. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

A regular VC is about 3.5" or a hair over 9 cm. Pretty much the size of a cigarette. 17mm doesn't seem like much, but it is about 20% more length.

Every butane lighter is different, and we have a couple threads talking about them. Because I rotate my vapes I can't really say how often I need to refill them. I just tend to keep the ones I use full. And at home I use a JarHead (Pipes induction heater) which is a big improvement on a torch.

I'm sure @Squiby will be in here shortly to tell you about concentrates which she uses a lot with her VCs. She is our resident EXPERT on VCs, so do whatever she tells ya... :wave:

6. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

All the Vapcap models a great vaporizers.

The variables are:

TIP MATERIAL and DESIGN: The M is the basic model and all parts are stainless steel, even the tip, or herb chamber. It is compatible with other midsections and condensers except for the Omni condenser which will not operate properly with the M SS tip.

The Titanium Tipped models are more finely milled, have more air channels for convection heating, sport interior ridges for variable screen placement in the herb chamber and have an extra O-ring for stability. Ti tipped Vapcaps are fully modular

VACAP LENGTH: You can choose between a 3.5" regular length Vapcap or the longer 4.5 XL/LCD models.

The regular Vapcaps fit nicely in a pocket for out and about. The longer Vapcaps are more elegant and are easier to twirl when heating if you have larger hands or dexterity issues.

MIDSECTION: There are straight 10mm outside diameter midsections if you prefer the cigarette look. There are 14mm VonG midsections for use with watertools or they can be used dry. A VonG midsection has a greater girth and is less dainty than a straight midsection.

Stunningly beautiful after market midsections are also available from @phattpiggie, @Winegums and @stardustsailor

MOUTHPIECE: The S models have a wood spinning mp which assists twirling. The M has a mp integrated into its stem and the Omni mp is threaded to its condenser which adjusts airflow without manually manipulating the carb.

COST: Ranges from $50 for the M to around $100 for a Ti tipped Woody to $165+ for an Omni.

I have two Vapcaps dedicated to concentrates. One for sativas and one for indicas. I use a S&B concentrate pad. Below is the link to how I do it.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-dynavap-vapcap.24345/#post-1145395

If I could only pick one? Omnivap XL.

Here is a link to the Best Of Vapcap thread.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-dynavap-vapcap.24345/

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 6:53 PM
  7. Willy

Willy Member

Thank you both for your replies.

It's amazing how I got all my doubts solved in less than an hour. I still have a few left (namely, how many grs. the chamber can hold and how many hits I should expect from a load), but I think I may resolve those by searching into the Best Of!

Best,

V-apE, Dank_Star, paehtod and 4 others like this.
  8. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

It depends how you use it. This is a manual vape and you are in total control. You can sip concentrates all day long or you can heat for three or more cycles with a few tokes per cycle or you can use it as a one hitter. You will find your own personal sweet spot as you use it.

Look below in my signature for "How Much Herb" to find the amount of herb the chamber can hold.

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Vapcaps! We think you're going to love it here!

9. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

10. Willy

Willy Member

The only non-trivial problem now is that Christmas (which seemed to be fairly close 1 hour ago) seems to be f***ing far away right now. I want it now! I'll wait for more answers, but most likely I'll go directly with the Omni. How is it possible that I never thought of butane vapes myself before!?

What is this super induction heater? OMG! All this is way fancier and sophisticated than I ever expected. A whole universe just opened up to me...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2017 at 10:26 PM
  11. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

I hear ya! I read so many comments which suggest that butane vapes are somehow second rate. That assumption is sooo far from the truth. Since I discovered the Vapcap and shed the electric tether of plug ins or rechargeable battery vapes I suffer VAS no more.

The Vapcaps are unbelievably efficient with your herb and you will save money on your stash because it will last so much longer.

Just about any heat source will heat your Vapcap. From solar heaters to camp fire sticks to bic lighters and candles to stove elements, not to mention @Pipes super handy Induction Heater; if you have heat you can be high in a minute.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/v...top-and-in-car-use.23211/page-60#post-1181979

The Vapcap is LEGO for stoners and we have lots of fun switching them up. Who can stop at just one Vapcap???

If everything goes to shit you know that your Vapcap will be there beside you, still performing, still giving you vapor to calm your soul and ease your mind.

12. Willy

Willy Member

All I can say is that I'm willing to check it out myself! What is VAS, if I may ask?

Also, has anyone placed an international order from them? If anyone did, how was the experience? I live in the EU and shipping unexpected problems and / or over-costs are a huge concern for me.

Best,

13. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

Vape Acquisition Syndrome...

Goes along with GAS, Glass Acquisition Syndrome and TAS, Torch Acquisition Syndrome.

All infectious diseases acquired and shared here among our friends...

14. Willy

Willy Member

GOT IT. XD

Whissmu and Squiby like this.
  15. phattpiggie

phattpiggie Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

@Willy I just got 15 bowls out of a gram using my M tip. I've had 20 out of the Ti.
    EU retailers.
    @VapoShop in Holland, @VapeFiend.com and the TheHedonistClub both in the UK.
    There are others as well.

16. Whissmu

Whissmu Well-Known Member

I just discovered the TAS :o and the worst that...I have it developed.. :doh: Yesterday I ordered half a dozen torches on aliexpress :science:, which is the best option I found to get lowcost and highquality jet for my home in Spain :tup:

Willy, MrMonss, Summer and 2 others like this.
  17. trout_fishing_in_america

trout_fishing_in_america Active Member

@Willy : loving your fc journey!

So familiar to lots of other members, I’m sure. So great to see someone hitting all the high notes of DV/VC development, from body selection through lighter discussion and into induction a la @Pipes, obligatory check-ins from @Squiby, @Summer & @cybrguy, even @phattpiggie chiming in.... all over the course of today!!! This is like a best of vapcap family reunion.

What a treat to watch someone else discover anew what we all hold so dear!!!

@Willy : beware, your questions aren’t just about your singular vapcap that you were thinking of, we’re talking here about a progression of vapcaps, this is just the first! Welcome! Enjoy the ride! Some of us have been on board since there was a cut-down eye dropper inside of this thing! It was pretty wild! Deeply effective!

But I second @cybrguy , Ti woody for the win. Especially with the current tips, the SS condenser w/x-rings can be nudged like a crude Omni, it’s the best first choice!

18. mrb

mrb smoke free me

To sum it up quickly in terms of performance rather than styling. . .

- The big one is the Tip. They're all Titanium except for the Stainless steel one that comes with the 'M'. The Titanium heats and cools quicker, and will get going quicker. The M takes a bit longer but stays hot for a longer draw or two draws each heating cycle. Most prefer the Ti-tip some prefer the SS-Tip. Both of them will work! I prefer the Ti, but will happily take my M out if I want the less expensive option with me. .

- Top level is the Omnivap. - This is defined by the all in one Omni mouthpiece & condenser. And must be used with a Ti-Tip. It is refined, beautiful, strong and very light weight. BUT all it does is allow permanent setting of how much air flows through the carb hole/ air intake. You can do this with your finger on all the other models. And for the many people that either prefer the carb/air intake wide open or fully closed the Omnivap's functionality is irrelevant.
    Omnivap Name means with a titanium body. But the Omnivap's Titanium mouth piece/condenser will fit into other bodies or stems too - e.g.: Omnivong

- Lastly the XL - Some people say it is easier to spin when heating and the vapour is slightly slightly cooler. . How are XL Dynavaps made? It's the combination of a Stem and and XL condenser or XL Onmi Condenser
    TIP + Stem = Regular Dynavap
    Tip + Body + Mouthpiece = Regular Dynavap
    Tip + Stem + Mouthpiece = XL Dynavap

Sorry sorry. . . I meant - Read the f"£ing thread!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 8:13 PM
  19. TheResistance

TheResistance Active Member

Omnivap Ti XL!

20. shredder

shredder Well-Known Member

Roach vape?

Xelatsok, Summer and Squiby like this.
  21. Winegums

Winegums Sticky and chewy Accessory Maker

That reminds me of this stubby VonG I made a while ago on page 479 of 865 (currently) o.O This thread moves fast.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. metaknight

metaknight Well-Known Member

These were slightly too big to fit snug over my vapcap's carb cap. :hmm:

23. mccringleberry

mccringleberry Well-Known Member

Heating at the top of the cap on the first cycle gives the best flavour on the first hit. Thats because the chamber is at a lower overall temp when it clicks. When you heat at the bottom first, the cap clicks with the chamber at a higher overall temp, which doesnt get you the best possible flavor.
    Ive tried it both ways...always the same result. Thicker cloud/good flavour on the 1st cycle if i heat at the bottom first. Better flavor/thinner cloud if I heat the top first. I actually prefer heating at the bottom first for the performance, but theres only 1 way to take the low temp highway to flavortown, and thats to heat the top first.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 2:51 AM
  24. VapoShop

VapoShop Well-Known Member Retailer

Just a little heads up for those in Europe, we now have a limited batch of that gorgeous sandblasted VapCap M in stock :love:

25. stark1

stark1 ~

@KidFated. et al, what are the differences in thermal properties of the 5-fin Ti tip, and the 7-fin tip.

To me, the 7-fin is aesthetically pleasing, is the 5-fin faster in the heating/cooling cycle, and (slightly) lighter. :dog:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 5:30 AM
    Squiby likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors