1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. phattpiggie

phattpiggie Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

Modular design done in African Blackwood, Mexican Cocobolo with aluminium accents.
    A Mi/VC/WS/Tubo/Zion 18mm stem, one of a set of 3 different pieces all done in the same 'Dark Matters' design.
    [​IMG]

@stark1 that diamante stem is close to where I'm hoping to go, close.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017 at 3:22 PM
  2. Kermitt

Kermitt Well-Known Member

My condenser and threads aren't tight together either. Every few days I have to readjust the thread. I've always been unsure whether it's right or wrong.

3. phattpiggie

phattpiggie Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

@Kermitt the two parts are supposed to be an interference fit which means once put together they should not come apart without some force.
    Unfortunately Dynavap are at the mercy of tube suppliers and they both will work to a certain +/- tolerance.
    If the thread is on the + side and the tube on the - side of the tolerances there is the possibility of the pair not holding fast. I would contact DV and explain the problem.

Squiby and Summer like this.
  4. stark1

stark1 ~

@phattpiggie, you my friend are going close to light speed in the evolution of your
    Beaut-Ti-Full work. You have surpassed yourself.

You have just yet to realize it......:cheers:

PS would suggest you put your Maker’s Mark on your work, giving it haute class, and more
    value, after we are all but (star) dust. :nod: Sailor

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017 at 3:37 PM
  5. mucsusn

mucsusn 60 going on 20

@Kermitt, can you clarify........does the condenser separate from the side with male threads, or does your male and female threaded connection come apart. I ask as it is two separate issues.

Squiby likes this.
  6. passenger

passenger fuck combustion

I would like to know that too! Also, did he invent it on his own? For me he has done more than Steve Jobs. Ha!

fcmember and paehtod like this.
  7. Kermitt

From the side with the threads, in the direction of the mouthepiece. The condenser slips further into the tip

8. mucsusn

mucsusn 60 going on 20

Then you should email DV and they’ll fix you up

9. stressed

stressed Well-Known Member

i finally got around to trying some shatter in my omni. i'm impressed. i wrap a little in the hemp fiber (i think it's hemp, came from their products). once i get this down more i'll use without the bubbler. i sometimes hit it way too hard and cough my butt off.

i usually vape it through my herbilizer but i'm going to be using this more. i cough easily so i vape it through a bubbler. it's nice to see the bubbler fill with thick vapor and then pound it.

only took me months to remember to try it with the omni. :)

10. TheResistance

TheResistance Active Member

As far as I know!

stark1 likes this.
  11. paehtod

paehtod Well-Known Member

You may check out the first few page of this thread, Dynavap is a one man army at the beginning, that one is George.

12. Kermitt

I don't like to do this because I live all over Europe. This is unpleasant for me because of the high shipping costs. That's why I'm going to live with the mistake. I'll think about it.

13. pxl_jockey

pxl_jockey Barely-Known Member

Yes, George is an amazing person on many levels. It's one of the main reasons I encourage folks to read this thread in a linear fashion. You can see the growth and witness the evolution of DV, even if you've only just discovered the vapcap range. It becomes apparent early on that not only is he brilliant, but that his attitude and outlook on life is unbelievably humble and positive and energetic. Must be contagious as well, these pages are filled with accounts of happy interactions with the people he's hired as DV has grown. Speaking of, my latest experience has been with a fellow named Max. In our exchanges, he has displayed the same outstanding qualities I listed above. That's no coincidence. I reached out with a question to George once, do you know what he said? Paraphrased: "Call me. If I don't answer the phone, just ask for me." Seriously. When does that ever happen? That event alone is reason enough to earn my business for the rest of my life. I'm going to be a DV fan for life!

14. Kalessin

Kalessin Well-Known Member

I don't think I could handle talking to George, I'd be too nervous and excited. Probably more so than if I met 95 percent of actual celebrities

15. jerseydvd

jerseydvd Well-Known Member

I want my Portside! The waiting is killing me! lol

16. Dreuft

Dreuft Well-Known Member

Hi everybody!
    i used to love my OG (great pleasure, airflow and clouds) but I broke it...
    so i bought an M but I can't get the same pleasure, airflow and big clouds...
    I use the M the same way I used my (rip)OG, so is there any difference between them?

fcmember likes this.
  17. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

Heat a little longer with the m. 2 seconds pst the click seems to be good for me.

fcmember and Dreuft like this.
  18. Dreuft

Dreuft Well-Known Member

I already try this but the pleasure is not here, I don't know why but the OG was amazing...but fragile;

fcmember likes this.
  19. KidFated.

I wish I had the og to give you more personal advice.

fcmember and Dreuft like this.
  20. Willy

Willy Member

Guys,

Although I've been a regular only-weed smoker for close to 9 years, I am kind of new to the vaporisation world. I only started to vaporise around 6 months ago, when I bought a FocusVape Pro. And I love it. Today, I was searching on FC for information to decide on which will be my next vaporiser (my X-Mas self-present), and I found this amazing yet incredibly thread on DynaVap. I've tried to gather as much information as possible, and I have also visited their website, which is absolutely fantastic. However, I have a question for you all:

Could anyone please tell me briefly what are the main differences between each of the models available?

I'm asking that because the diversity of models is huge and I am unable to figure out which one fits my needs best. I have also seen I can customise my own vape (I love this possibility), but I don't even know where to start to customise my future vape. In case it helps, I'm looking for the most advanced / customisable / fancy vaping experience possible. I vape daily (usually 2 to 6 times a day, depending on the day), so I'd say I'm a regular vaper (although not an experienced one).

PS: can I do concentrates with these vapes? I don't do concentrates regularly, but from time to time (if I can find some), I like to do it.

PS2: let us assume, although not very realistically, that I'm not budget constrained. What should I choose?

Thank you all for your advise.

Best,

Squiby and fcmember like this.
  21. Hippie

Hippie Well-Known Member

The best of Vapcap thread is very good
    http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-dynavap-vapcap.24345/
    I recommend having a read, file modding the M tip for more airflow, and trying a few different heating techniques to see what works for you.

I bought a new OG body from Vapefiend last week btw if you're struggling to find a replacement.

shredder, Squiby and Dreuft like this.
  22. KidFated.

I just got a 7 fin tip, time to start the comparisons!

antispleen, KC2K, Summer and 2 others like this.
  23. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

There is both a materials and a design difference between them, so it isn't surprising (to me) that they behave a little differently. But most people don't seem to have a problem (myself included) getting good hits from their M. I find it does need a little more heat, and a little more practice, but you will get there I'm sure. Just keep at it.

My general experience with VCs was that I was very dubious at first and didn't seem to be getting satisfactory hits, but I kept at it and one day it just came together and has been outstanding ever since. Like crossing a threshold and never having to go back. :)

24. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

@KidFated, where did you get a 7 fin?

fcmember likes this.
  25. KidFated.

I traded a 5 fin for it with another member. I feel retro with this thing, not gunna lie.

Healthierlifestyle, Squiby and Summer like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors