pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@Dynavaper @WarpaintFree @cybrguy Another Newbie Query: when using your VC with glass, do you heat as normal til the click and then pop it quickly in your glass? I've got the glass & M (&fat MP) but haven't attempted it because I'm still taking baby steps.

@cybrguy Are you using the Jarhead with your VC & glass? If so, how does that work?

Anyone else PLEASE jump in here with your experiences and methods! The more the better! I apologise for having so many questions lately but I'm only now realising how much I don't know. If that makes sense?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Ask all the questions you want. There are many here glad to answer.
Personally, I take the first cycle direct rather than with water either with the torch or the Jarhead. I am only heating to the click, so am not getting clouds, just flavor, and there is no reason to waste that in the water.
On the second cycle, and the third, with the JH I go 3 or 4 seconds past the click. I have usually cached the load by the end of the third cycle.
Using the torch I don't usually HAVE to go past the click, or if I do only a second or 2. Because you are choosing where to aim the torch you can get to the temps you want without going over time. I want to trust the click. The JH heats pretty much exactly the same every time and the variables are (mostly) ambient heat in the tip and moisture content of your goods. Second and third cycle are on dryer goods and warmer tip so may need less time.

Or at least that is what I do. Others will likely have their own regimen and style.

Remember, when you are using glass and water you are hitting the VC harder with no mouth pull, so you will get bigger hits if you want them, and you will cache the load faster.

Last edited:

Elfgrin

smoke but no combustion??? is that possible??

so i just packed my Ti Woody and decided to try a single jet torch i had laying around that i found. i heated it towards the middle of the cap. took longer than normal but i figured it was cause i was using a single over my usual dual torch. hear the click and as i am raising it up to my lips i see vapor/smoke coming out the cap. i figured i combusted for sure (not sure how since i stopped at the click). i decide to take a pull anyways and brace myself for the awful taste and instead i get a decent vapor. a little hotter than normal and slightly harsher than normal but not "smoke" taste. i then let it cool down and take off the cap and it is chocolate brown and not a hint of black. so i didn't combust. yet i saw it coming out of the cap before i took a pull?

any ideas?
That sounds like a little conduction vapor escaping, a quick wave through the air is all it takes to get a bit of air flowing backwards through your vapcap.

I also get false positives when lint gets on the cap and I don't see it until after it's burned off. Remember to use your tubes everyone.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
What is needed as far as o rings on the M? Just curious at what temp the click happens?

I've read your other post about no water or glass , just you and your weed. :) nice! I'm the same. I was skeptical about the vapcap M satisfying my needs (which are high standards lol) .I too don't have best of luck with torch lighters. I did find a decent, single bigger then pocket size torch lighter and my vapcap M as been my main driver for 3 weeks now . My lighter as a big fuel tank and I refill about once a week lol.

My "M" , it's stainless, easy to use, very user friendly, doesn't require frequent cleaning , seems unbreakable, it didn't break the bank!!, gets me where I want to. It is a great bang for buck . Very much comparing price of M to other portable vaporizers!!

I didn't order screens or orings, they are spare parts that are surely good to have on hand but in my 3 weeks of heavy enough use , all seems as good as new, poked screen only a few times to dislodge build up debris and still looking at it in sunlight.through mouthpiece all pours are open, I love that screen and how such a simple design can be so effective! . There really isn't much to it and easy to use. Shouldn't burn yourself if careful and respect the clicks.

There is a chart somewhere that indicates the general temperature inside the oven at 1st, 2nd and 3rd click if doing 3 cycles(heat up) in a row which is typically how.many cycles is needed to fully extract your load into a dark brown abv.

It's takes maybe a couple days ato a week to familiarize yourself with it , I personally not sitting cap completely against the bowl helps air come in the spiral grooves along the bowl. Just to say I lift the cap off a bit , perhaps a mm. or less. Nice big clouds :)

It's a pretty cool vape, everyone should get to try one or have one! I'll admit it!!

Happy vaping !

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
It's a pretty cool vape, everyone should get to try one or have one! I'll admit it!!

Happy vaping !
Well said and great post.
The M takes a giant dump on anything close to its price point and some twice and three times its cost.

The panoply of options
Yay, New word day. :clap:

I just read all 784 pages of this thread. Took me 2 days. I love you guys and gals. Just saying.
Quite the circle jerk we got going on.
Here we are, stealthly torching our vapcaps till clicked.

AatXcdd.jpg

WalterWhite420

Hi guys (and girls),
Vaping is new for me. Yesterday I've spend a couple of hours reading on this forum.
I smoke joints for many years now. Besides that I don't smoke cigarettes for a few years now.
I have had it with tabacco and so I decided to order the vapcap m to try the whole vaping thing.
Upcoming week I should receive the vapcap. Really excited!
I still have a few questions and I hope you guys can help me out. Vaping is totally new for me so excuse me if I ask stupid questions.
I live in a country in Europe where all the good stuff can be bought in a store legally and the quality of the stuff I smoke is normally pretty good.
In my joints I prefer hash and at first I want to try that with my vapcap. When I receive the vapcap I planning to try weed later on.
My questions are:

1) how do I place the hash in the cap? I mean, do I need to crumble it? When I crumble it does it stay on top of the vapcap or does it fall down? Or do I take a big piece of hash a make some kind of pancake with the hash between my fingers so it covers a big area in the vapcap?

2) What is the best/safest vaping technique? I've read about it and saw some videos and a lot of people warn that after heating the vapcap the temperature can be dangerous for your lungs.
When you heat the vapcap you put your finger on the air hole right?
And when you inhale you remove your finger from the air hole so you also inhale some fresh air right?
I think this is very important so better safe than sorry right?

3)How much hash to I put in the vapcap? On videos the cap you put the stuff in seems pretty big. Looks like maybe 0,25 to 0,5 grams crumbled hash fits in the top???
I thought I put the some amount of hash in the vapcap as I do/did in my joints. Sounds kind of logic...I think :)

I am excited to start this journey. Unfortunately I have a medical condition where I have lot of cramps and spasms in my muscles. So if I can take my medicine without the tobacco that would be really awesome!
English is not my first language so excuse me for any grammar of spelling mistakes and thanks in advance for your help!

(This is a copy which I posted in another topic but I think there are a lot of people who can help me with my questions here.)

Squiby

Hi guys (and girls),
Vaping is new for me. Yesterday I've spend a couple of hours reading on this forum.
I smoke joints for many years now. Besides that I don't smoke cigarettes for a few years now.
I have had it with tabacco and so I decided to order the vapcap m to try the whole vaping thing.
Upcoming week I should receive the vapcap. Really excited!
I still have a few questions and I hope you guys can help me out. Vaping is totally new for me so excuse me if I ask stupid questions.
I live in a country in Europe where all the good stuff can be bought in a store legally and the quality of the stuff I smoke is normally pretty good.
In my joints I prefer hash and at first I want to try that with my vapcap. When I receive the vapcap I planning to try weed later on.
My questions are:

1) how do I place the hash in the cap? I mean, do I need to crumble it? When I crumble it does it stay on top of the vapcap or does it fall down? Or do I take a big piece of hash a make some kind of pancake with the hash between my fingers so it covers a big area in the vapcap?

2) What is the best/safest vaping technique? I've read about it and saw some videos and a lot of people warn that after heating the vapcap the temperature can be dangerous for your lungs.
When you heat the vapcap you put your finger on the air hole right?
And when you inhale you remove your finger from the air hole so you also inhale some fresh air right?
I think this is very important so better safe than sorry right?

3)How much hash to I put in the vapcap? On videos the cap you put the stuff in seems pretty big. Looks like maybe 0,25 to 0,5 grams crumbled hash fits in the top???
I thought I put the some amount of hash in the vapcap as I do/did in my joints. Sounds kind of logic...I think :)

I am excited to start this journey. Unfortunately I have a medical condition where I have lot of cramps and spasms in my muscles. So if I can take my medicine without the tobacco that would be really awesome!
English is not my first language so excuse me for any grammar of spelling mistakes and thanks in advance for your help!

(This is a copy which I posted in another topic but I think there are a lot of people who can help me with my questions here.)

I answered your question in the other thread that you posted it in. I hope this helps.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/buying-a-new-vaporiser-for-hash.24887/page-3#post-1162981

kushkush

happy camper....
Love your username @WalterWhite420. :)

Welcome to the nice helpful group here! And your English is really really good, by the way. :)

Try not to over-think how the M works. Because it's easier than you think. Just fill your tip about 90% full and don't pack it down. Go through about 3 cycles of heating the cap while twirling it. 1st Cycle, stop heating when you hear the Click (you may hear 2 clicks close together but just ignore the 2nd one). Then about 30 seconds later when you hear the next Click, heat the Cap again, let it cool down to the Click and then do the 3rd cycle. (The 3rd cycle is when I get the most vapor.)

You're going to learn fast by just doing it. And.... it's good to heat up the Cap without anything in it just a few times for 'practice'...so you can practice the heating and get used to the Clicks.

I hope you find micro-dosing with the M good for your cramps and spasms! :nod:

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
My M has been on break for several days... It's a great vape but the titanium omni is all i grab anymore really. Mostly just because of the mouthpiece but also the improved airflow.

Ran out of herb :( hopefully my guy actually comes through this evening... He failed me yesterday. I always hate running out... But I can accept the fact when I'm broke... I hate it most when i have the money for more but still can't get it... :disgust:

Anyways the reason for this post... I scraped the stuff out the back of the tip and inside the condenser tube... Got a nice little ball of "reclaim" .... Mixed in a bit of abv.. Had to heat it passed the click a bit but it got me way higher than i expected :haw:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I just noticed on the DV site that the new multifaceted Ti body and stem are called "Omni Titanium". Is there any size or shape difference between these and "regular" bodies and stems or are they just called this because they come on the Omni? Are they identical and therefore swappable with all other Uni parts? I'm guessing so, but omni in their name has me wondering.

Squiby

I just noticed on the DV site that the new multifaceted Ti body and stem are called "Omni Titanium". Is there any size or shape difference between these and "regular" bodies and stems or are they just called this because they come on the Omni? Are they identical and therefore swappable with all other Uni parts? I'm guessing so, but omni in their name has me wondering.

Yes, they are called Omni because they are the midsections that are included in a Titanium Omni. But they are fully interchangable with other bodies and stems.

Don't you just LOVE the Vapcap modularity?

kushkush

happy camper....
@Pipes Jarhead IH - okay, now that I'm an expert having used it twice, thought I'd share my experience. :D

First time I obeyed the Clicks and got the usual no vapor with the 1st cycle, 'prolly' no vapor the 2nd cycle, and lots of vapor with the 3rd cycle. (After greening out the other day :( I'm being real careful now.)

Second time I obeyed the first and second cycle Clicks (got a little vapor on 2nd cycle), but then I got tons of vapor after waiting about 3 seconds after the 3rd cycle Click to remove it from the heater.

I'm using 'Good Medicine' herb today...very mild I think because it's more of a 1:1 ratio. But for me it's really nice because I like a very mild microdose effect. I'm also using a small bubbler.

So this Jarhead...is the greatest invention since Velcro. Absolutely! I'm just delighted that the Jarhead heater was make to coincide with the Clicks...I know, that's the point, right? Yeah, but it thrills me just the same.

So am I happy with the Jarhead....LET ME COUNT THE WAYS! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

janusportal

Since people were asking about using the VC with glass, what's the trick?
I've tried it twice with a bubbler and get basically nothing from it. I've seen a video of the exact same bubbler fill up with a lovely cloud, but I haven't been able to recreate it.

Yes, perhaps they will......with mad shouts to @phattpiggie of course
LexnNQJ.jpg

I need one of these. :love:

Last edited:

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Links to the cheap o-rings should be in the best of thread..... If it's not already... I don't remember seeing it there. But memory is not my strong point LOL

Has anyone found, perfectly sized, cheap "aftermarket" screens?

If so they should go in the best of thread too.

With other vapes i normally ordered about a lifetime supply of screens.. And I like putting in a new screen once a week or at each cleaning if sooner than once a week. But with this vape the screens are just too expensive to do that. I just torch them clean.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Since people were asking about using the VC with glass, what's the trick?
I've tried it twice with a bubbler and get basically nothing from it. I've seen a video of the exact same bubbler fill up with a lovely cloud, but I haven't been able to recreate it.
There really isn't a trick. As long as your cap is hot enough, and the 14mm joint seals around the VC mouthpiece so you can create negative pressure, it should work fine.
Give us a little more info on what you are experiencing and we'll figure it out.

Added for clarity: If your glass piece has a 19mm joint, you will need a reducer (19mm to 14mm converter) to make it 14mm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom