Smokey McVape

Sooo.....I'm enjoying it, always getting visible vapor, but I'm almost positive it's prematurely clicking for warm up and cool down?
I think I should definitely be able to get bigger hits....
@VisiblyVaped - I had a similar issue when I started on my Vapcap voyage of discovery. What I did wrong was to put the cap too far into the flame and found that by raising the cap away from the torch so that instead of roasting the cap I was brushing the cap with the flame I obtained much better results as the bowl took longer to heat to temp but did so more evenly. Bigger clouds were the result.

snaffle

Thanks for posting this, I saw it in the Best Of thread too, but have a question. Doesn't it make removing the ABV more difficult, as you can't just tip the vapcap upside down and tap, or dig out, without being careful to leave the hemp perfectly in place? Also, I like using the smallest bowl size, but probably I'd have to go to the medium one if I had a circle of hemp fibre taking up space on the bottom of the bowl, but obviously that's alright :)

Thanks for all your posts here @Squiby, I've learned a lot from you (sure that's not the first time you've heard that!)

Godspeed

Thanks for posting this, I saw it in the Best Of thread too, but have a question. Doesn't it make removing the ABV more difficult, as you can't just tip the vapcap upside down and tap, or dig out, without being careful to leave the hemp perfectly in place? Also, I like using the smallest bowl size, but probably I'd have to go to the medium one if I had a circle of hemp fibre taking up space on the bottom of the bowl, but obviously that's alright :)

Thanks for all your posts here @Squiby, I've learned a lot from you (sure that's not the first time you've heard that!)

You place one screen into the tip, add the degummed hemp fiber, then place a second screen on top making the patented Squiby Sandwich (tm). The degummed hemp fiber is therefore 'protected' within this metal sandwich and the ABV can be easily removed without compromising the fiber. As I microdose, this leaves the Omni with a herb chamber reduction of 50% which works perfectly for me. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Dynalowrider

One screen in first groove then hemp pad then another screen in next groove, and another screen in the smallest bowl groove if you want the smallest bowl. This vape is yours. Learn to field strip it. The more you know where what goes, the more you will get out of it. This isn't rocket science, it's two tubes, one inside the other. Play with it till you know how it goes together. It works better to do so when clean. Doc

snaffle

@Godspeed @Dynalowrider great, thanks so much for the explanation, makes perfect sense now.

This vape is yours. Learn to field strip it. The more you know where what goes, the more you will get out of it. This isn't rocket science, it's two tubes, one inside the other. Play with it till you know how it goes together. It works better to do so when clean. Doc

Excellent, wise words, I'll work on it.

First @fcmember's photo with his tiny gun (which I presumed was a novelty lighter at first!), then you talking about learning to field strip, this is a surprisingly militaristic few pages of the thread :p

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Week in review:
Make an awesome med temp dab/shatter device. ✔ :whoa:
Track down 2 quick release skewer springs to quieten my rattly Dynastash. ✔
Finally fine tune my Omni so I don't feather the carb/airport, just hang it from my lips as I yank from click to click. ✔ :love:
Been a good week. :razz:

This thread is a vault of information and with a little nugget of info here placed with another tidbit there, shit can get done. Two weeks ago I didn't have a clue wtf a quick release skewer spring was or how badly I wanted some. Thanks to @GreenHopper for posting a pic with a link to those, then @stark1 for saying go to an LBS (had to google wth that is) and pick some up and @Kalessin with mounting tip, My Dynastash now sits quiet in my pocket. It take a village sometimes. :tup:

VisiblyVaped

Experiment with flame placement. Try heating more towards the center or back of the cap. Or heating a little longer, and combinations of both. You'll get the idea...

@VisiblyVaped - I had a similar issue when I started on my Vapcap voyage of discovery. What I did wrong was to put the cap too far into the flame and found that by raising the cap away from the torch so that instead of roasting the cap I was brushing the cap with the flame I obtained much better results as the bowl took longer to heat to temp but did so more evenly. Bigger clouds were the result.

I'm going to try all of these suggestions, but I'd like to point out I don't own and cant afford to add on a nice, triple flame butane torch.
I have small rig torches, a single flame butane lighter that doesn't work great, and basic Bic lighters.
If it'll improve performance that much I'll eventually order a better lighter but I feel like I should be at least a bit more satisfied with the actual device first. Bottom line - heat is heat, fire is fire.

I should be able to, in theory, get just as good of a rip if I heated it with a burning stick

Edit: my tiny culinary torch that I used for dabs before I had an enail seems to work great on this thing? Best rip I've had yet using that and a combo of the aforementioned things......

Now I'm just confused

Last edited:

snaffle

I'm going to try all of these suggestions, but I'd like to point out I don't own and cant afford to add on a nice, triple flame butane torch.
I have small rig torches, a single flame butane lighter that doesn't work great, and basic Bic lighters.
If it'll improve performance that much I'll eventually order a better lighter but I feel like I should be at least a bit more satisfied with the actual device first. Bottom line - heat is heat, fire is fire.

Don't worry @VisiblyVaped, you'll be able to get the hits you want from any heat source once you get more experience. Single flame butane lighters actually heat a bit more thoroughly before the click, so though they take longer, the hit will be bigger than a triple / quad torch on the same point of the cap. Play about with flame placement with different lighters and you'll soon figure it out; definitely no need to get a new lighter.

VisiblyVaped

Don't worry @VisiblyVaped, you'll be able to get the hits you want from any heat source once you get more experience. Single flame butane lighters actually heat a bit more thoroughly before the click, so though they take longer, the hit will be bigger than a triple / quad torch on the same point of the cap. Play about with flame placement with different lighters and you'll soon figure it out; definitely no need to get a new lighter.

I did 2 loads back to back a few min ago, using just the small rig torch, and heating it farther from the tip (was never really on the tip anyways though), and it was wonderful. I do wish the stock SS mouthpiece on the M came with a little better airflow, but that's nitpicky. It feels like I'm hitting a joint that was rolled a little too tight sometimes

Squiby

I did 2 loads back to back a few min ago, using just the small rig torch, and heating it farther from the tip (was never really on the tip anyways though), and it was wonderful. I do wish the stock SS mouthpiece on the M came with a little better airflow, but that's nitpicky. It feels like I'm hitting a joint that was rolled a little too tight sometimes
For even heating with your single jet lighters, try heating the bottom third of the cap for the first cycle, then the middle on the second cycle, moving up to the top of the cap for the third cycle. Nice full clouds.

I find using a single jet will heat more slowly and evenly if I move the flame in a zig zag motion over the area of the cap I am heating. I never heat a ring around the cap. Multiple jet lighters cover a greater surface area without moving the flame up and down and this is why I recommend multiple jet lighters for new users. The single jet is my preference but it requires a bit more technique.

If your M condenser is pushed in too far towards your tip, it will create a greater air resistance. Have a look at the mp end and if the condenser is not flush with the mp, remove the tip and push the condenser towards the mp until flush or slightly proud. This should give you a better airflow.

kushkush

happy camper....
You place one screen into the tip, add the degummed hemp fiber, then place a second screen on top making the patented Squiby Sandwich (tm). The degummed hemp fiber is therefore 'protected' within this metal sandwich and the ABV can be easily removed without compromising the fiber. As I microdose, this leaves the Omni with a herb chamber reduction of 50% which works perfectly for me. Hope this helps.

Aha...now I understand the sandwich! Thanks Godspeed! Now let me be just a bit aggravating and ask this... how do I know the screen is at the lowest level in the tip? I haven't moved it since it arrived the other day. It appears to be way down there. Then...do I put the second screen into the front opening and just push it in there until it clicks into the farthest away groove in front of the hemp? :)

VisiblyVaped

For even heating with your single jet lighters, try heating the bottom third of the cap for the first cycle, then the middle on the second cycle, moving up to the top of the cap for the third cycle. Nice full clouds.

I find using a single jet will heat more slowly and evenly if I move the flame in a zig zag motion over the area of the cap I am heating. I never heat a ring around the cap. Multiple jet lighters cover a greater surface area without moving the flame up and down and this is why I recommend multiple jet lighters for new users. The single jet is my preference but it requires a bit more technique.

If your M condenser is pushed in too far towards your tip, it will create a greater air resistance. Have a look at the mp end and if the condenser is not flush with the mp, remove the tip and push the condenser towards the mp until flush or slightly proud. This should give you a better airflow.

I just tried that. I still will experiment more with it but that technique combined with the culinary torch lighter has really worked. I'm gettin some love from this little thing.
Already I would buy a 2nd if the M for a friend sale went on soon

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Sooo.....I'm enjoying it, always getting visible vapor, but I'm almost positive it's prematurely clicking for warm up and cool down?
I think I should definitely be able to get bigger hits....
These gentles have it right you ya:
The 316L M tip has more mass than the Ti tips, this means that the tip isn't quite heated up enough when it clicks. I would recommend heating at the bottom of the cap for the first heat.
Experiment with flame placement. Try heating more towards the center or back of the cap. Or heating a little longer, and combinations of both. You'll get the idea...

In other words, KEEP YOUR FLAME AWAY FROM THE CAP-END!
You're NOT trying to heat the CAP, but the TIP inside it...that's where the magic happens!

You need to slow your heat down to get bigger clouds & better hits.

Keep practicing!

Last edited:

VisiblyVaped

That's what I've discovered but there's no doubt in my mind that for pure cloud chasing the adjustable airflow/packing space offered on other tips or models would ABSOLUTELY have a place in my arsensal. Though the M will too.

And, had I not gotten a great price on an entry-level dynavap vape, I may have never considered a lighter powered hitter style vape.

All in all I'm on board. And think I need more.
Seriously gotta sell my old vapes. Ebay here I come

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I just tried that. I still will experiment more with it but that technique combined with the culinary torch lighter has really worked. I'm gettin some love from this little thing.
Already I would buy a 2nd if the M for a friend sale went on soon

The more love you show your M the more it loves you back ;)

Glad it's working for you fella.

Two other things to check for if you are still experiencing draw restriction.

First to make sure the O-Rings on the condenser are in the correct location. There is the one at the mouth piece end (Lg) which should be flush with the end of the mouth piece.

The other O-Ring (Sm) is further along the condenser and sometimes slips too far down. If it has it will block the airflow from the carb hole. Some people do this deliberately if they prefer not using the carb hole but it does mean the only air path is via the Tip which is more restrictive.

aE4zxe2.jpg

The other thing to check is if the Tip itself has the notches at the top:

73vks25.jpg

@phattpiggie original post here

If you don't have the notches you can use a small file to put them in. For some reason the first batch of M's didn't have them but I believe the current ones should.

Squiby

how do I know the screen is at the lowest level in the tip? I haven't moved it since it arrived the other day. It appears to be way down there. Then...do I put the second screen into the front opening and just push it in there until it clicks into the farthest away groove in front of the hemp? :)

Yes. I like my hemp filter to float between the two screens. So, screen in deepest position, then filter, then second screen gently pushed into the middle screen ridge. It will work with the filter compressed between the screens as well but I find that there is a better airflow if it rests loosely between the two screens.

Here is a video of George demostrating screen adjustment.

xlr8shun

If you don't have the notches you can use a small file to put them in. For some reason the first batch of M's didn't have them but I believe the current ones should.

my original M's did not have notches, my second batch of M's bought during july 4th, also did not have notches.

the ones i bought during july 4th though, i have not had to mod, they have more airflow than the original M's i purchased. i dont think the M's have notches on purpose

kushkush

happy camper....

That clarifies it perfectly. Thanks! :)

@Godspeed @Dynalowrider great, thanks so much for the explanation, makes perfect sense now.

Excellent, wise words, I'll work on it.

First @fcmember's photo with his tiny gun (which I presumed was a novelty lighter at first!), then you talking about learning to field strip, this is a surprisingly militaristic few pages of the thread :p

No novelty...just a little Baby Browning (.25).

Once a Marine always a Marine. Hoorah Semper Fi Doc

Actually, USAF...lady RN Med core. :)

Yes. I like my hemp filter to float between the two screens. So, screen in deepest position, then filter, then second screen gently pushed into the middle screen ridge. It will work with the filter compressed between the screens as well but I find that there is a better airflow if it rests loosely between the two screens.

Here is a video of George demostrating screen adjustment.

Thanks for that Video...it helped! :clap: I got an extra Ti Tip for my M but I want to experiment with the M Tip and be comfortable with that first, so maybe I can figure out the difference. My M Tip has no grooves for placing an extra screen, and no cut-outs at the end for more air.

Squiby

kushkush

happy camper....
When do sales tend to happen? I'd like a second 'M' and a couple more for family/friends who also like to microdose. I missed the last sale by about 2 days, which was painful so I'm hoping to cash in on the next one for sure!

kushkush,

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
All in all I'm on board. And think I need more.
Seriously gotta sell my old vapes. Ebay here I come
Glad your getting the hang of it.
I call dibs on that Flower Pot that's just gonna start collecting dust now. :brow:
Hope that newborn is letting you get some sleep.

Actually, USAF...lady RN Med core. :)
Thanks for your service!
I think Doc was saying he was the Marine.
We also have a Navy Master Chief roaming around here.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@VisiblyVaped after reading your posts...i think the rig torch could be the problem.

those actually heat more like a triple flame with the proper distance.

you can get a small single flame pocket torch for under 10 from nearly any corner store.

@Smokey McVape was correct about the flame bathing on the cap, I realized that sometime ago and haven't heard anyone else express it like that.

premature clicks = too much initial heat

for the rig torch shorten the flame and lick the cap with the outter flame.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I've had 6 Ms from prelaunch, launch, 420 sale and the latest Battery Independence sale. None of my tips have notches at the end of the channels. I believe that the M tip notch has always been a DIY modification to emulate the ti tips.

The Dynavap site pics seem to show the M tip without notches.

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/vaporizers/special-products/the-m/the-m

I think you right but I've sent an email to DV for clarity.

I call dibs on that Flower Pot that's just gonna start collecting dust now. :brow:

Damn it I was gonna do that :rant:

Really want to try out a FP but I'm a little way off of having an actual vape station to put it.

Until then my VapCaps rule :rockon:

Top Bottom