stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
Just finished with my DIY custom "rest stand " for the VapCap !
:rockon:

Some Iroko wood ,few stainless steel allen screws and washers and a stainless steel "
special " tubing ...

And if you wonder where did I find that cool looking piece of stainless steel tubing -with it's base ...
Well ,I will give you a hint !
:brow:

rBVaHVZ_uhOAB-0yAAEj8DGTKEc375.jpg

Last edited:

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
@stardustsailor , that stand looks great !!! Way to think out of the box with the soldering iron . Nice job !!
Thanx!
Removed the washers and also placed (epoxy glued ) a small rare earth magnet (where is a small hole on the metal rim ).

About thinking out of the box ...
We have a saying in Greece : " Η πενία τέχνας κατεργάζεται " ( <== looks greek to you ? :lol::rofl::lmao: )
Quite freely translated means something like : necessity is the mother of invention
( The exact translation of the greek saying is " poverty processes crafts " ) .

:science:

Last edited:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Fine evening tonight visiting Ithaca, NY. It's Reggae Night at a local club on the southern end of Cayuga Lake. Players from John Brown's Body and Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad join the locals here for the dopest Wednesday night you've ever seen in a town of any size, much less 30k (plus the student pop. of Cornell and IC in season). Out on the deck overlooking the lake most of the locals are hitting little glass pipes and joints. Getting lots of stares and a few questions. As @ataxian would say........SO CIVILIZED........

WarpaintFree

Well, TIL that you can combust without even getting the cap to click.

Heating in a strong wind, my lighter was struggling, so I spun and heated and spun and heated until I smelled the smoke, but the cap never clicked. I think the wind was cooling the end of the cap as fast as the chamber was heating.

Katnip

damn, @WarpaintFree that must have been disappointing! I don't think I'd be vaping fully in the wind.... I would set my hair on fire, and THAT won't be pretty! In those scenarios I would probably hide on the leeward side of a big tree or a building so the heat doesn't get sucked out of the cap so much and I know i'd be able to hear or feel the click and not get distracted. Who knows, though? eventually I may or may not have the same 'learning experience" someday. Sucks about that, though, I'm sorry.

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Heating in a strong wind, my lighter was struggling, so I spun and heated and spun and heated until I smelled the smoke, but the cap never clicked. I think the wind was cooling the end of the cap as fast as the chamber was heating.

The same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago, not even a very strong wind but enough to effectively cool down the cap end. Didn't fully combust because I stopped in time but ended with an almost completely charred load.

almost there

Fine evening tonight visiting Ithaca, NY. It's Reggae Night at a local club on the southern end of Cayuga Lake. Players from John Brown's Body and Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad join the locals here for the dopest Wednesday night you've ever seen in a town of any size, much less 30k (plus the student pop. of Cornell and IC in season). Out on the deck overlooking the lake most of the locals are hitting little glass pipes and joints. Getting lots of stares and a few questions. As @ataxian would say........SO CIVILIZED........
I love Ithaca, use to go regularly to visit my best friend at Cornell back in the days.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The best CANNABIS = HUMBOLDT, CALIFORNIA

CIVILIZED = I try
VCAP = SEEMS FUN
CORNELL = GREAT SCHOOL (BILL MAHER)

Last edited:

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
Well, TIL that you can combust without even getting the cap to click.

That is exactly what happened to me, and the only time I combusted. I should have known when the click didn't come in the usual time.

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
For plenty of years I've been salvaging various parts
from various (old and/or broken ) electronic devices .
Apart from salvaging electronic parts like LEDs ,diodes ,transistors,MOSFETs and so on ,
many times I collect stainless steel parts ( especially from VCRs and printers ) as also rare earth magnets
(found inside CD /DVD/BR players /recorders ,sited near the laser diode ) ,sensors ,fans ,heat sinks and other cool stuff.
Anyway ,long story short :

Inside an inkjet printer I've found these stainless steel rods ,
actually being some sort axles of the printer's paper feeding system ) .
:bang:
I'm not quite sure ,though...
Maybe I've salvaged them from a CD player ...
:doh:
Can't really remember .
Anyway .

Then using a dremel and a fine cutting disc ,i've made a notch on one end .

With some pure organic cotton (vaping wick ) ...

I 've turned that printer axle into the finest cleaning tool for the VC !
With that I can push one cotton ball ( ISO dipped) through the condenser !

Or twist around the notch some cotton and clean the back end of the tip !

And those tiny rare earth magnets on the stand are very versatile !
When they do not pull a hot cap ,they keep the cleaning tool handy for use !

Cheers.

P.S.
I do not use the VC for vaping the reclaim -cotton balls.
Mainly I use the VC for herb.
I've found that the Arizer Air is a more appropriate tool
for vaping those reclaim-cotton balls(@ 205 -210 °C ) .
The latter are the best treatment for muscle pain relief after a hard day of work.
Also they serve fine as a very effective medicine against some types of insomnia .
bofc.png

Last edited by a moderator:

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
Surely my question has already been commented, I apologize for repeating, but I do not meet the definitive answer: :bang: a Ti nonaVong enters the dynastash?
thanks FC

We do not accept apologies !
:goon:
For punishment you should read the F.A.Q. section at the Dynavap site
,say about 10 times .:brow:

There you will - definately -come across into something like this :
(...)
What are the differences between Dynastash models?
The Dynastash and Dynastash ER contain a compartment to fit a 92mm standard length (non-XL) device and another compartment for storage. In addition, the Dynastash ER comes with a tool and container for extracts. The standard Dynastash does come with a compartment for a tool, which can be ordered separately from the accessory section. The Dynastash and Dynastash ER will accommodate storage for a 14mm Ti VonG device, but XL devices require an Dynastash XL.
(...)

https://www.dynavap.com/faq

:)

Cheers
:peace:

Last edited:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Happy Friday Cappers! Ordered a couple of S's on Monday when I saw that glass is going away. Got my green envelope today and looked on the site this morning and they are no longer in the Dynashop other than some OG condensers in Parts. So, a toast to the DV team for their progress and customer service! They threw in a couple of OG condenser's and the silicone MP's. Also grabbed a gen5 Ti tip for evaluation.

Now for a bit more patience, sent my payment to @phattpiggie this AM for three of his lovely creations

http://i.imgur.com/5AEVvH0.jpg

From top to bottom
Birds Eye Maple
Amboyna Burl
Myrtle Burl capped with Blackwood

One more thing....the new Ti-tip is definitely better in my Ti-Omni. I've always set my condenser about mid-way in, then lung pulls with light feathering. Definitely a deeper draw with this new tip and my technique. Three nice hits out of a lightly packed full bowl. Nice medium coffee color ABV. YMMV.

Last edited:

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
One more update about my new DIY VC rest stand .
And the last one.I'm not going to bug you anymore with that !
:rolleyes:

I've used a 5 mm stainless steel rivet .
Just the head of it .Widen the hole a bit and then polish it.
On the bottom there's a rare earth magnet .

Now ,the cleaning tool can be inserted there ...

And also serve as a -handy- handle to carry around the -loaded !!! - stand
(i.e. from bedroom to kitchen ,from kitchen to living room and from living room to balcony
and so on :brow: .... ) .

Cheers.

sag

One more update about my new DIY VC rest stand .
And the last one.I'm not going to bug you anymore with that !
:rolleyes:

I've used a 5 mm stainless steel rivet .
Just the head of it .Widen the hole a bit and then polish it.
On the bottom there's a rare earth magnet .

Now ,the cleaning tool can be inserted there ...

And also serve as a -handy- handle to carry around the -loaded !!! - stand
(i.e. from bedroom to kitchen ,from kitchen to living room and from living room to balcony
and so on :brow: .... ) .

Cheers.
Good job!

zor

The same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago, not even a very strong wind but enough to effectively cool down the cap end. Didn't fully combust because I stopped in time but ended with an almost completely charred load.

Yup, this actually happened to me last night when I was in the air current of my fan. Nothing particularly strong, mind you, and it completely caught me by surprise.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Yup, this actually happened to me last night when I was in the air current of my fan. Nothing particularly strong, mind you, and it completely caught me by surprise.

Think ambient temp and cooling breezes are going to have some affect - no matter how slight - on most vapes. Log vapes at home run into the same issue to some extant.

I've noticed the same on VCs, but have also noticed shorter heat up times as it's been warmer here. Add to this vapes sitting a warm car, or riding in a warm pocket while you hike around, and click times drop pretty well for first load, too.

Top Bottom