CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
:hmm: I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this. How does blocking it there and being blocked all the time differ from blocking it with your finger and then being able to hit it with some air? Maybe I'll find out when I get the new tips in, cause I have a Gen 2 Ti tip so there is some restriction,to say the least whilst I'm building the vapor. But take away the sweet relief of releasing the carb? IDK, I could not imagine only being able to pull with the carb perma blocked.
The inside volume is less. You don't have to press down if you just want to power draw. Some like carbless and the solid feel.

I think I actually have to get myself to slow my draw down. The cap clicks pretty soon for me. I also continue to draw past the click. There is even a video for it. So I gave it a whirl.

Just changed mine over. @tragique. The second ring stayed in the midsection when I was fiddling with it. So I just leave it in for now and use it as a guide when I want to take the condenser out. My rings are a little more finicky, so I had to cheat with a pen and the point of the pen to correct the mouthpiece gasket. But there is less volume between the mouthpiece and the tip.

So I can go carb/carbless/small carb/slow carb.:freak:

Not saying this is a good model. Just like the type, I guess. Its a desktop quad that can be locked on. If you can turn it on with a button press and hold your Dynavap, then that be a pairing. Some cigar aficionado's review.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
That is a little hard core for me I think. Cool lookin, but over the line. (what line)

I need to chill. I stayed home today because I was expecting 2 packages, and neither came. Annoying. USPS sucks.

Can't stay home tomorrow. Hope they are here on my return.

Sketch420

The inside volume is less. You don't have to press down if you just want to power draw. Some like carbless and the solid feel.

I think I actually have to get myself to slow my draw down. The cap clicks pretty soon for me. I also continue to draw past the click. There is even a video for it. So I gave it a whirl.

Just changed mine over. @tragique. The second ring stayed in the midsection when I was fiddling with it. So I just leave it in for now and use it as a guide when I want to take the condenser out. My rings are a little more finicky, so I had to cheat with a pen and the point of the pen to correct the mouthpiece gasket. But there is less volume between the mouthpiece and the tip.

So I can go carb/carbless/small carb/slow carb.:freak:

Not saying this is a good model. Just like the type, I guess. Its a desktop quad that can be locked on. If you can turn it on with a button press and hold your Dynavap, then that be a pairing. Some cigar aficionado's review.

I've used that lighter before (not for VC). It's a beast! Had it at a cigar shop my friend and I frequent, seems a bit Overkill for the VC, but ymmv. It's a great table top lighter that will heat your VC very quickly, be careful. It's heavy and I would imagine pretty hard to lose.
Some people have suggested to use a bit of tobacco rolling paper or tape to block the carb hole and poke a small pin sized hole in it. People swear by it though I have yet to try it out. Just a thought that could help.

Ah my order just shipped out, might be time to end my break. Can't wait to get this order in, I've been waiting for the 420 sale to try out an Omni. Plus a few other goodies. Now the wait..

Bdubbdiblets

:love::rockon::love::rockon:

Excuse the cruddy surface and pics..:shrug:

Man I love these things. For me the woody does seem a bit easier to pull on than the M but both have their advantages. The dynastash is perfect to carry around as well, ziricote and bacote. It's crazy how literally not even 8 hours into getting my latest order I want more!! George and crew are pretty smart!!:clap:

Back to drooling/experimenting!!

Dynalifer!!

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

rz

Do I remember someone saying they'd measure the temp of the inside of the tip at click?

Someone,in order to measure the temp of the chamber , would need a K type thermocouple
Inserted via the mp throughout the condenser to tip .
CCD has to be removed or the center hole of it to be enlarged so that the thermocouple
wire can fit through .Then a high accuracy K type thermocouple HID has to be used.

I plan on doing it ,as I have all the equipment needed.
But not until next weekend .

While it may be easy to stick a probe in there and get a reading, making sense of the reading is another story.

Also making sense of click temp vs chamber temp (+ air in chamber temp vs wall temp) may be a challenge, since it takes time for heat to transfer, and it depends on how hot the chamber already is.

I've been working on a little project where I have an infra-red sensor read temperature from the end of the cap. It heats the cap with induction heating, and a lot of the heat is generated in the actual tip, not just the cap. Anyway, I've found that the reading at the time of click changes a lot. Specially depending on how quickly it heats up. When heating quickly, click may be when IR sensor reads 100deg(c), though if I heat really slowly, it's usually at about 145deg(c). This doesn't mean the bimetallic disc is at different temps each time, just that the outside of the cap is. Typical discs have a click temp tolerance of about +/- 5deg(c), though I still do think that the disc itself clicks at a lower temp when heating quickly, even outside of its tolerance. Datasheets seem a bit slim on info, and without extensive knowledge of bi-metal discs and thermodynamics, its very hard to understand exactly what temps there are in there. However, it doesn't REEEEALLY matter. It gets hot, and ideally doesn't combust..

VaporChase

Hi all,

i placed my order on 04.18. but never reveived an order confirmation mail, much less my shipping confirmation. I now tried several times to contact Dynavap but no answers..i'm constantly checking my spam folder :huh: - i hope not that my mails end up in their spam folder ?! But the first 3 contacts before my order went smoothly...I'm from EU, my english is bad, i didn't dare to contact per phone...
Has somebody any other ideas?

I teach ESL and your English is far, FAR from being bad.

Strange because I received duplicate confirmation emails, so I was worried I somehow placed two orders. Just give them a little more time and try to contact through other methods as you said. I'm guessing they have a TON of questions and orders to sort through after the 4/20 weekend. One of the downsides to having so many compatible and interchangeable parts. I can't imagine purchasing through their old website now.

Robot

Anyone tried running the "M" without the o-ring that is placed between tip and body?

I did this with a Titanium tip and body paired with condenser and mp, resulting in a perfect set & forget airflow and a sleeker look!
Did not notice any difference in vapour production and the body did not get much warmer either, but this might turn out different with the M-tip..

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
I just got back from Holland and my Omni has proved to be an amazing companion. Incospicous to carry around and super easy to clean once you have to get back on a plane.
I have a quick question that I guess has already been answerd but you guys write too much and I can keep up: how to clean the outside of the cap? I remember someone using an ultrasonic cleaner but I don't own one or know anyone who does. Metal polish and elbow grease?
Thanks.

Lykosa

Anyone tried running the "M" without the o-ring that is placed between tip and body?

I did this with a Titanium tip and body paired with condenser and mp, resulting in a perfect set & forget airflow and a sleeker look!
Did not notice any difference in vapour production and the body did not get much warmer either, but this might turn out different with the M-tip..

The other thing you can do is push the condenser further into the body, essentially Having the same effect as the omni condenser. In fact, this should work with Ti models without mouthpieces too

rz

That'll earn you about half a mm at best. I find the easiest way to go semi oMni with your M is to push the condenser in a little - push it in with the tip of your finder from the MP side. it can go in a few mm, and add a little intake restriction. It's a pain to 'reset' though, as you'll have to remove the tip to push the condenser back.

With this method, due to the M's already tight draw, I tend to 'set and forget' my M at its fully open position anyway. I have on occasion pushed it in a little to balance the draw mix out a bit..

Sketch420

I just got back from Holland and my Omni has proved to be an amazing companion. Incospicous to carry around and super easy to clean once you have to get back on a plane.
I have a quick question that I guess has already been answerd but you guys write too much and I can keep up: how to clean the outside of the cap? I remember someone using an ultrasonic cleaner but I don't own one or know anyone who does. Metal polish and elbow grease?
Thanks.

People have suggested denture cleaner to help clean up the discoloration on the cap. I've seen pix, looks like it works pretty well.
Oh I can't wait to get my Omni and give it a whirl, see what everyone here is talking about. I moved the condenser o-ring down but can very rarely get it to the same position each time I clean, but it did work the few times it set right.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I just did the M mod to block the air hole. Damn, what a difference. I get so much vapor now. I almost prefer it to my Omni.

For anyone who hasn't seen it:

Nice vid. A couple things you and others may want to keep in mind, though.
  1. ALWAYS lube your o-rings before inserting into any body (metal, wood or glass). A small drop of spit around the outer edge does the trick and is always handy.
  2. You don't need to push the internal o-ring that far down the condenser. You just need to get it to the cap side of the carb hole/airport. Don't think you'll see any difference in where it is exactly - as long as you are blocking air flow from the hole.
  3. If you're good at it, you can actually half-cover (or partly cover) the carb hole/airport with the o-ring for reduced outside airflow instead of none. Not as easy as twisting an OMNI MP, but almost as effective though a good bit more work to set up.
  4. The other trick mentioned above (pushing your condenser deeper into the body), also helps this work better IME.

People have suggested denture cleaner to help clean up the discoloration on the cap. I've seen pix, looks like it works pretty well.
Oh I can't wait to get my Omni and give it a whirl, see what everyone here is talking about. I moved the condenser o-ring down but can very rarely get it to the same position each time I clean, but it did work the few times it set right.

Nor sure about denture cleaner, or having to deal with that mess. I've cleaned mine up with Never-Dull, but think any metal polish will work. Be sure to clean it VERY WELL after to remove any polish residue. ISO and toothbrush will do the job nicely. I don't bother with this too much anymore unless I somehow get a sooty tip. I've come to appreciate the color changes of a well used tip.

Robot

That'll earn you about half a mm at best. I find the easiest way to go semi oMni with your M is to push the condenser in a little - push it in with the tip of your finder from the MP side. it can go in a few mm, and add a little intake restriction. It's a pain to 'reset' though, as you'll have to remove the tip to push the condenser back.

With this method, due to the M's already tight draw, I tend to 'set and forget' my M at its fully open position anyway. I have on occasion pushed it in a little to balance the draw mix out a bit..

Ay yes, how wrong I was.
Somehow thought that the "M" had a condenser ring stop in the mp end just like the other mp's.

exime

We need a metal vong body. Glass vong body would probably be popular, too. Also, those with the M, have you tried the screen in the cap mod? Would put a touch of space between the cap and tip increasing airflow. I have my woody set like this and love it.

That would be fun. I would buy a colorful glass/ceramic/plastic body. I'm sure they've thought about it and that plenty have mentioned it in the past. Maybe it just doesn't work in their business model right now.

PeteSeattle

That would be fun. I would buy a colorful glass/ceramic/plastic body. I'm sure they've thought about it and that plenty have mentioned it in the past. Maybe it just doesn't work in their business model right now.

Yes, it's been mentioned . This is a home made one (link).

Right now I don't see it happening soon (please, others chime in if you know something else). As you mentioned, I believe you're right ... it would seem as if it wouldn't work with their current business model. I bet a metal one would be easier for them to mill vs crafting glass gongs (glass on glass).

Last edited:

stressed

so i just added an omnicocobo (whatever), a dual flame lighter, and extra titanium screens. anything else i need while i'm at it?

i also ordered an M. i'm getting in deep $$$ and i have n't even tried one yet! :lol:

the top shelf medical ganja around here goes for from $280 to 310ish an ounce. i love to micro-dose my weed and this little device seems like it would work very well indeed.

you have to love george and all his videos explaining how to do stuff. i feel like i know just enough to be dangerous.

arielle got back to me and said i could still add to my original order. that is a very cool way to do business.

i always want to adjust something after i've ordered. what are the chances of me ordering a dynastash before this is over... :)

i'm going to go read up on the history of this business. what spark made him say - hmm, i've got an idea...

Last edited:

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Far be it from me to call of your enthusiasm. If you want to go balls deep right away, I can certainly respect that!

But... and this is just a casual observation/suggestion... you might want to just actually try one of the products, like, just the Omni, so you know what the best is, and decide if you actually like the stuff, then use it for a whole month after that before deciding how far you want to go down the rabbit hole? The sacrifice of $7 for more shipped out in the future is really not worth raking yourself over the coals imo.

Again, don't call anything off on my account, but just figured I'd float the idea :p

stressed

Far be it from me to call of your enthusiasm. If you want to go balls deep right away, I can certainly respect that!

But... and this is just a casual observation/suggestion... you might want to just actually try one of the products, like, just the Omni, so you know what the best is, and decide if you actually like the stuff, then use it for a whole month after that before deciding how far you want to go down the rabbit hole? The sacrifice of $7 for more shipped out in the future is really not worth raking yourself over the coals imo.

Again, don't call anything off on my account, but just figured I'd float the idea :p
that's very good advice but i've always been a bit impulsive. why change in my old age. :)

i'm a joint guy from waaaaaay back. i've smoked thousands of them. i figure this will be very familiar in no time.

stressed

I feel ya. Definitely a joint like vape.
@stressed don't feel bad about your VAS. LOL. I think most of us can relate.
this all started because my elec went out and i almost rolled a joint.

i take tokes of joints to be polite...even good weed is harsh to me now. they used to taste great. i'm so spoiled.

poor areille - i just added some more stuff. :lol:

Last edited:

DirtyD

I'm just loving how easy it is to field-strip this bad boy(m) and set it up just how I want it. All the tools are there for you in the unit. Once you get a feel for your VC and your lighter, the sweet spot is sweet. I love love love the ritual, thick hits and user control. Anybody know how long it'll be till we can buy ti omnis? Better yet omni/vong in XL?? Somebody gotta have an idea... Cheers to all, D.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I have a feeling DynaVap might be phasing out glass products so a GonGCap (GVonG?) is probably unlikely. This is purely speculation on my part. I have a feeling we might have a third party solution eventually, or perhaps something in the artist's corner? ;)

It has been confirmed that George is at least thinking about a metal water adapter. I believe it was a Ti one being discussed but with the recent introduction of the M stainless steel is also a possibility.

i'm going to go read up on the history of this business. what spark made him say - hmm, i've got an idea...

This thread is a living document of DynaVap's history. It is fascinating reading about George's trials and tribulations and watching the VapCap develop, sometimes in response to suggestions from FC members.

This is especially true considering how fast DynaVap updates their designs. We already have a V2 M tip, that's pretty impressive. One of the advantages of doing things in house is you can make changes to your design almost instantly.

If you can't afford everything you want, don't worry. By the time you can save up for it there will most likely be improvements made to it, or perhaps something completely new that you would prefer. I wanted a V3 Ti tip but didn't get around to purchasing one until the V4 was available, and I'm glad it worked out the way it did.

Top Bottom