cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
What is odd is that @Ramie121 is saying that this has occurred a few months after getting his Omni. If it came that way that wouldn't be a concern (for me) and just a construction flaw, which occur in ANY metalwork project on occasion. Instead the user is saying this developed over time which would be something else. This will need to be sussed out.

I am suspecting some kind of user error, but that will need to be determined. Obviously the photo doesn't indicate much.

Rhoditis, yes absolutely. Retsina? Eh... I have never fully understood voluntary consumption... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DirtyD

It took me an eighth oz. and about 3-4 days and some real SCIENTIFIC experimentin but boy oh boy do i got this little gem dialed in. . .. I get it now. Way easier to figure out than i thought it would be. Fucking 'm'indless.and ya know I couldn't resist just barely filing 3 little grooves in the tip. Didn't go too crazy, just barely filed little baby tiny divets at top of existing grooves. Improved airflow just enough (for me) to shut off carb all the way and just rip away. And the last thing.... The buzz it gives is intense, closest to smoking, me thinks. Cheers party people, D.

jds

What is odd is that @Ramie121 is saying that this has occurred a few months after getting his Omni. If it came that way that wouldn't be a concern (for me) and just a construction flaw, which occur in ANY metalwork project on occasion. Instead the user is saying this developed over time which would be something else. This will need to be sussed out.

I am suspecting some kind of user error, but that will need to be determined. Obviously the photo doesn't indicate much.

I agree this needs to be looked into, but I suspect user error. I have tried finding anything on Google related to titanium or stainless steel fraying and nothing comes up. As for the bending, I would say that is entirely because of (mis)use.

PeteSeattle

@stardustsailor don't forget bombes, Retsina and feta pasties.

Did a one piece Kingwood stem today which failed, operator error.
Instead of waste it I re-did it.

Blackwood, Kingwood with a brass accent, with an inclusion in the BW just for good measure.
f1dvrYw.jpg

1nsORQC.jpg
This is really terrific!

needalift

@Ramie121 is this a problem that you've had the entire time you've owned your Omni ? Did it happen after reassembling ? Does everything function properly otherwise ? @ClearBlueLou , I agree , there appears to be a slight malformation at the end of the condenser . I'm curios if it's always been that way or if something happened to cause it .
@phattpiggie , another tragedy turned triumph. Great work !! The Brass is a nice touch .

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@darbarikanada here's how I had a try with some reclaim, a substance I don't enjoy at all but not having access to anything better it proved the point.
SS mesh that I had to 'make do' with, two pieces folded lengthways one slightly overlapped and dropped in the other.
Rolled into a cylinder, held with tweezers and heated gently then dipped in the reclaim. It wicked up lovely but in no way saturated it.
OuspDFrm.jpg
NEBoDfTm.jpg

I went back and forth to it over a 6-7 hour period and got big vapor production, triple torch and obeyed the click.
The only time I applied more heat was my final cycle when it produced hardly any vapor, so I gave it a bit more heat and still nothing. Took it out of the bowl and it was bone dry so no wonder.
Going to be good trying it with something tasty, once I've made it.
ffdTgJlm.jpg

almost there

My girlfriend had the idea to vaporize some tobacco, so I offered the vapcap got the experiment and it works great! I'll try a spliff later. Using some Bali shag.
Ha, tried that with some American spirit and thought I might have had an IV shot of Red Bull. I wasn't expecting such an exponential increase in effect. Only took a little drag and it made my head spin. Realized after that it might not be something I'll repeat:freak:

MinnBobber

A reminder that today is the last day for @VapCap 's 4/20 sale.
15% off (more on the M) and free shipping for previous customers.
Getting a Ti Woody XLS (Blackwood) with Cocobolo mouthpiece. Thought about the reverse, Cocobolo XLS with Blackwood MP.
Plus a bunch of misc goodies.
Vape on

exime

A reminder that today is the last day for @VapCap 's 4/20 sale.
15% off (more on the M) and free shipping for previous customers.
Getting a Ti Woody XLS (Blackwood) with Cocobolo mouthpiece. Thought about the reverse, Cocobolo XLS with Blackwood MP.
Plus a bunch of misc goodies.
Vape on

How does that work exactly? Do you just order a TI Woody and ask them to replace TI with Cocobolo in notes or do you order an extra mouthpiece "Exotic spinning mouthpiece" and ask for Cocobolo? Can you ask for any of the woods you want for "exotic mouthpiece" or do they give you whatever is available?

Also, are there any good dynawax alternatives at store on amazon? That sample size for $5 seems like a bad buy.

namasteIII

Anyone know the name of the quad torch Dynvap sells? Want to do a bit of research on it. thanks folks. oh and I've you have it and want to tell me about it I would enjoy reading.

namasteIII,

natural farmer

Anyone know the name of the quad torch Dynvap sells? Want to do a bit of research on it. thanks folks. oh and I've you have it and want to tell me about it I would enjoy reading.
Have one in order as the OG triple ones from DV crapped out. One cracked in my hand hissing and I threw it outside on the floor where it exploded beautifully and the other one stopped clicking and giving sparks.
I hope the quad one works for a little more.

namasteIII

Have one in order as the OG triple ones from DV crapped out. One cracked in my hand hissing and I threw it outside on the floor where it exploded beautifully and the other one stopped clicking and giving sparks.
I hope the quad one works for a little more.

Please let me know your thoughts. Does DV cover those problems you had?

namasteIII,

Squiby

How does that work exactly? Can you ask for any of the woods you want for "exotic mouthpiece" or do they give you whatever is available?

- Go to the https://www.dynavap.com website.

- Choose Dynashop from the menu bar on the right top hand corner.

- Choose the Vaporizers icon.

- Scroll down past the M and the Omnis to the Uni models. You will see the three Woodies; Ti Woody (no mouthpiece), Ti Woody S and the Ti Woody XLS.

- Click on the model in which you are interested. Let's choose the Ti Woody XLS, for example. You will notice that for each stem wood species, there are 4 choices, with a double crown (2 metals cap on the stem) or not, paired with a standard mp or an exotic mp.

- Lets say you want the Ti Woody XLS with a Blackwood stem, double crown and an exotic mp.

- add it to your cart.

- in the notes section of your checkout, indicate the exotic mp species of choice.

Watch the video in George's post below to see the wood mp species that are available.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-451#post-1088294

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....

Rhoditis, yes absolutely. Retsina? Eh... I have never fully understood voluntary consumption... ;)
I have inspected my own Omni, which is just 3 months old now, and have 'noticed' microscopic irregularities in the circumference of my own condenser - but I consider them entirely negligible: there is nothing 'coming off', there are no sharp edges, there is nothing there to snag finger or lip; a highly polished Omni - inside and out - might be even more beautiful, but it would be FAR more expensive...and to what benefit?

@Ramie121, you should certainly figure out what's what and address it; the situation may not be as abnormal as it seems, but that doesn't matter. Looking forward to hearing about your resolution

==
Also, are there any good dynawax alternatives at store on amazon? That sample size for $5 seems like a bad buy.
I respectfully suggest that there's far more wax than it looks like: I have lubricated all my rings and polished my wood and you cannot tell I've used any at all. This will last me a few years, I'm thinking.

Last edited:

needalift

@ClearBlueLou , I couldn't agree more about the wax . I bought a small container of Ed's TNT Bomb Ass Butter two days before Dynavap put out their wax . It is probably half the size of the Dynawax and I believe it will last years . @exime As little as you have to use at a time and the fact that you are not gonna use it all the time makes thus stuff last forever . $5.00 is a sound investment . If you were to get huge tub then you will most likely throw it away before even putting a dent in it .

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My condenser has started fraying. Small shavings of so metal are coming off it and into my mouth. Is this meant to happen? Probably not. Also, the tip has started bending.
As the Omni is the only VC with any moving parts, it is the only item DV sells (as far as I know) that could even have an issue like this. I don't recall any previous mention of this happening. I'm sure Omni owners will be watching for this now and we should see rather quickly if this is a one off or a potential design issue. I'm betting on the former, but not having an Omni all I can do is watch.

Choughed

I have used a wooden stick to de-burr the condenser in the mouthpiece, I only really noticed the edge because I run my lips over it in between hits in a bit of a daze.. Heh. Oh, and I thought that my carbon fibre omni was getting a bend in it, but it turned out that the tip wasn't in straight, is all. Easy fixed. I've since swapped the condenser and tip with the ones from the full spectrum omni (which was a very tight fit, too tight to adjust the airflow even!) and now I have solved both the niggling issues.

Got the 'shipped' email this morning, very exciting! I'm looking forward to trying out the 4th gen tip with my double crown blackwood body. 3 omnis, no waiting! ;)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Got the 'shipped' email this morning, very exciting! I'm looking forward to trying out the 4th gen tip
Yep, my "shipped" notice came yesterday, but I'm sure it is in a bin next to yours waiting for Monday. :) I have a g4 tip in my order too. And a Nonavong body to try out. And other goodies including some beeswax....

It's funny. I used to laugh at my girl when she would come home with bags full of things she bought on sale and say "Look at all the money I saved...". Well, nevermind...

Top Bottom