1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. PeteSeattle

PeteSeattle Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

Anyone catch the half page ad for VC in Dope Magazine? This is from the Seattle publication. Moving on up!

[​IMG]

2. stardustsailor

stardustsailor Well-Known Member

Come to think better about it.
    You are right!
    It's the vape's nature that won't allow for precise temp measurments inside the chamber.
    After all its the cap's clickers that click at certain -predetermined_ temperature.
    And I'm pretty sure that George can provide us with the exact click temperature of the cap.
    Knowing that constant,the user -mainly by acquired experience can then adjust the
    variables involed into the nature of the vape,like :flame distance,roll speed,
    cap zone heated,number of flames,etc,in order to achieve the desired effects.

So its the clickers' temperature we're after.That is a constant value,at least to begin with.

3. SloJimFizz

SloJimFizz Unknown Member

Nice work.:cool:
    These long stem Winston Churchill style, although not my cup of tea, have peaked my interest.
    School me on these, do you still use the condenser and load it from the tip side?
    The glass Vong is tits! I can see adding one of those to the rotation.

4. smokeydabear

smokeydabear Well-Blown member

On the dynavap youtube page they have a Q&A vid that mentions the approximate temps the cap click at.
    Click to play YouTube Video

5. PeteSeattle

PeteSeattle Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

Thanks @SloJimFizz. I do use the condenser in the long stems with just one o-ring past the carb inserting from the top.
    And, yes, fill the tip as normal. :D

Thanks for your feedback :peace:

6. Winegums

Winegums Sticky and chewy Accessory Maker

There's so many variables that you can change isn't there? I think this why this vape is working for so many different people. Depending on your heating ritual, chamber settings and vapour path you might get a totally different experience/performance out of what is essentially the same vape. It can be a light sipper or a heavy hitter, more conduction or less conduction depending on how slowly you heat it, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just enjoyed 2 light heats on a whole nug, before crushing it into dust and reloading for two more strong follow up hits. I easily could have toasted the nug in one go through my bong but this seemed like the way to go this morning.

Single flame torch heating on "DY"navap, four times
    2/3 size bowl, whole nug (compressed)
    Omni set to 90% choke
    Ti 4th gen tip

7. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known Member

Any cappers using organic cotton instead of hemp fiber for filter samwich??? I got plenty, alas no degummed HF till my next pkg arrives. Cheers and more beers, dirty d.

CuckFumbustion and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  8. FabulatorPoeta

FabulatorPoeta Where has the time gone?

9. stardustsailor

stardustsailor Well-Known Member

Well not exactly.
    George is -most probably-mentioning the approx. temperatures the chamber will have when the click is heard,depending on where exactly you heat the cap.
    The two clickers have an exact temperature value (constant) when they do "click".
    So,depending where the heat is applied on the cap,
    that temperature to be reached, will need a certain amount of time.
    Depending whether that amount of time was short or long ,
    the chamber 's temperature will increase accordingly.

But ,as mentioned before ,there are more than few variables that will affect the chamber's temperature.
    The clickers "action temp" ,from the other hand,has a pretty constant and exact value.

10. Winegums

Winegums Sticky and chewy Accessory Maker

I find that Cotton will effect the flavour slightly when brought up to vapourization temps. Though I haven't put it in my Vapcap I have used it in my Herbalizer.

11. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known Member

Thanks @Winegums , u da man. Cheers, dirty d.

12. TheVaporist

TheVaporist Man is a universe within himself

The legendary black cap, proudly standing between his brothers, he has obviously the bigger! :rofl:

And what a beautiful Thuya square! Smooth and great shape! His owner is gonna be pleased for sure! :brow:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  13. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

Use the mouthpull technique for smooth thick vapor that is easy on your throat and lungs. See my tips in the posts below in my signature at the bottom of this post for the full technique.

Heating the cap prior to toking and using the carb while toking are two separate activities. First you heat the cap while twirling the VC for even heating. When it comes to toking temps, the cap will click. At this point you stop twirling the VC, bring it to your lips, cover the carb (or not) and start toking. Covering the carb will concentrate the vapor since you are not introducing fresh air, but pulling the vapor directly into your lungs with the carb closed would be difficult. Please read links to the posts below for a full explanation.

Yes! The SS M tip has fewer and shallower channels in the tip to allow air to be heated and drawn through material.

The Ti tip has many deep and wide air channels allowing for much more superheated air to be heated between the cap and chamber as well as more cooling fins on the neck for heat dispersion. There is a greater convection action with the Ti tip and less draw resistance even with the carb closed.

14. tragique

tragique Well-Known Member

15. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

I'm gonna ask a stupid question, but I think I've been here long enough to have earned the right LOLOLOL..

How are people liking the Nonavongs? I use my ti-woody right now every day, almost exclusively through water. I use the rubber mouth tip to one of the three OG's that I have broken and push that into my glass piece, almost always a D-020. Sometimes the UFO. It seals pretty good if I push it down, but with the tight draw of the Dynavap I'm a little worried that the wood won't seal tight as the rubber. Am I being foolish in thinking that? I imagine I am because I don't see George sending anything out to pasture that isn't up to snuff. Just looking for feedback because I am going to place an order this weekend to get in with the sale and I've never used anything other than glass on glass or the rubber on glass with my bubbler.

16. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known Member

Thanks miss squiby for all the help!!! Dirty d.

17. Mustang_52

Mustang_52 Member

Thank you for answering that question! Greatly appreciated and I'm off to buy the titanium tip!

18. Dynalowrider

Dynalowrider Well-Known Member

For all the people that haven't RTF Thread.
    Leaking around the 14mm glass joint?
    I stopped at the hookah shop on the corner and picked up some Myna style grommets. They are little silicone cones that seal up the hookah hose joints.
    Winegums explained to me once that due to the grain on wood is softer on opposite sides, and when sanded the softer side of the grain sands easier. So the wooden vongs are slightly out of round. Anyway my vong doesn't seal completely in the 18mm by 14mm adaptor.
    I put a grommet in the adaptor. Now my vong doesn't leak, I can use my regular mouthpiece, fat mp, and vong with no leaks. Before the grommet I had to hold the vong to keep the leak to a minimum.
    The guy at the hookah shop was so glad to see someone come in the door he gave me a hand full of grommets for free. Doc

19. flotntoke

flotntoke thoroughly vaped

Keep in mind those joints aren't always fully in round on cheap Chinese glass, either. I have a few that are a bit wonky and work better with some joints (glass or wood) than others.

20. CloudyDayz

CloudyDayz Active Member

I'm not sure if you have another model or if this is your first one - I have the glass one and it's the same deal. With the cap on and the carb covered you can't really pull any air through at all. With the carb totally uncovered, it's too much air.

This actually does not bother me at all - maybe it's just the way I use it. Once the cap clicks, I cover the carb completely and pull for 5-10 seconds . .this takes some lung power, for sure (glad I quit the cigs). After 5-10 seconds my lungs will start to feel the heat and then I'll start feathering the carb . .quickly at first and slower . .and at the very end I open the carb completely for a half a second or so.

Varying the time spent with carb covered and/or amount of fluttering you can get a huge hit. I try to go 'click to click' . .ie . .make the draw last until the cap clicks again. I don't always make it.

Using a water tool, btw . .I keep the carb covered the whole time and just pull the vapcap out to clear. When I had a bong with awkward carb access, I just taped the carb shut.

Enjoy!

21. Vapor_Eyes

Vapor_Eyes The map is not the territory

That collection could make anyone green with envy.

What a great picture commemorating the holiday! The arrangement reminds me of a crown, I'm always seeing things that aren't there. ;)

And this photograph is historical documentation that you do indeed use your titanium tips. There has been some speculation based on how pristine they usually are in your pictures. :lol:

22. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

Carb function is very much a measure of torch function. You can certainly heat the cap in a manner which does not require plugging the hole for massive clouds. So keep experimenting padawans!

Personally, I very rarely cover the hole when hitting dry, the fresh air mixture really smoothes out a native hit and allows me to puff longer before the cool down click; so even though I'm not getting that massive surge all at once, I'm still pretty much getting the same size rip by the end of the cycle; just smoother, less "BAM" on the throat.

I do throttle the carb when going through water to adjust volume and airflow; this is what works for me, keep messing with it til you find what works for you. The Vapcap is certainly a versatile device to admire and operate.

23. Dynalowrider

I just leave the grommet in the adaptor and the joint don't leak, no matter what i use in my glass. Doc

24. NuhJokaSmoka

NuhJokaSmoka Well-Known Member

My m has already landed in germany.
    Cyaan wait!!!

25. Dynalowrider

Anyone ever used a Black Rock Originals Safety Case? Forty bucks for a smell-proof case. It looks cool for a VapCap. Plenty of room for Tubes and lighters. Looks like it might be a neat case for the vc system.
    What do you folks think? Doc

blackrockog.com

Hogni, grokit, CuckFumbustion and 6 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors