Prolusio

I second @cybrguy, Colibri has worked just fine in my torches for years. It looks like it has more residuals and higher PPM than the other brands according to the chart, but the numbers still seem relatively low? It's affordable and easy for me to find so it's been my go to for a while.

I've had only one experience with Ronson.. I lent my buddy my Iolite, he assured me he had butane and would be fine but I foolishly didn't think to ask what kind. Got my Iolite back only to find after a year of working just fine, for an Iolite :p(sorry not my favourite vape), she won't light up! Turns out buddy filled her with garbage Ronson butane which clogged up the jets in a single weekend of use. Never got it working properly again.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
So if you buy a torch that is already filled, do you get rid of that butane and fill with something higher quality? Or just use up what's already in there?
I used to just use up what is already in there. However, I recently bought a cheap torch locally that I ended up tossing because it sucked. I purged it before I disposed of it, and it smelled horrible. It was definitely some butane with mercaptans in it. It smelled like fish oil or something, I've never noticed that when purging a torch.

The mercaptans are probably not a big deal but they might contribute to clogging the torch over time, I don't know. Either way, I'd rather be using a known quality brand of butane with my torches. Butane is so cheap, to purge and refill a tank is not a big loss.

Last edited:

Aezhenn

Accessory Maker
If you need a special home for your beloved Vapcap, have a look please at this amboyna burl tube... :brow:

825712DSCF0911.jpg

It's good for a M, a woody, a XLS one, a omnivap!

319414DSCF0915.jpg

More to come in the Wood4Vape thread (vapor related equipment section)... :)

yurininja

I understand that, but 400ml Ronson here in Brazil costs ~R$16 (~U$5) while the only "pure" butane I could find is Xikar Purofine which costs ~R$100 (~U$32).

I'll probably get the Xikar later (I got one can of Ronson before knowing it was crap, so I'll use it to the end), but I can't help but wonder that maybe replacing torches would be cheaper than using the premium butane.

Renato, procure pelo gás da marca "Volcano". É um tubo preto, encontrado em tabacarias, mercearias e agropecuárias.
Utilizo uma lata para cerca de uma dezena desses maçaricos que vendem nesses mesmos locais. Agora com o DynaVap a relação de durabilidade isqueiros/lata de gás diminuiu bastante

renato

Renato, procure pelo gás da marca "Volcano". É um tubo preto, encontrado em tabacarias, mercearias e agropecuárias.
Utilizo uma lata para cerca de uma dezena desses maçaricos que vendem nesses mesmos locais. Agora com o DynaVap a relação de durabilidade isqueiros/lata de gás diminuiu bastante

I've seen this Volcano butane somewhere, it looks just like the Ronson to me, it's in the same price range (R$10-15). Do you think it's any better than Ronson?

I found Xikar Purofine for ~US$24 (R$76), I think I'll use that with the lighters I don't want to ruin hehe.

That said, I couldn't find any of the other brands in that impurities chart above, only Ronson.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So if you buy a torch that is already filled, do you get rid of that butane and fill with something higher quality? Or just use up what's already in there?
Everything I have read suggests emptying it first. That being said, I would probably try it for a while first to see if the flame was stable.

If it was a more expensive Torch, say over $7 or $8 ;), I wouldn't even think about it. Butane is cheap.

jds

This is a 420 sale package u already received?

Nice! They are on it...I hope to receive a shipment confirm soon then of this is the case!!

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

I ordered fairly early, I think right as the sale started, and they shipped it pretty fast. I was really surprised to see it was "Out for delivery" this morning.

I wish I had ordered everything in one order, then I wouldn't have to wait for this other one...

Also a question that's been on my mind: Is there a tiny torch somewhere that could fit in the herb compartment of the Dynastash?

snackmaster

I used to just use up what is already in there. However, I recently bought a cheap torch locally that I ended up tossing because it sucked. I purged it before I disposed of it, and it smelled horrible. It was definitely some butane with mercaptans in it. It smelled like fish oil or something, I've never noticed that when purging a torch.

The mercaptans are probably not a big deal but they might contribute to clogging the torch over time, I don't know. Either way, I'd rather be using a known quality brand of butane with my torches. Butane is so cheap, to purge and refill a tank is not a big loss.

Everything I have read suggests emptying it first. That being said, I would probably try it for a while first to see if the flame was stable.

If it was a more expensive Torch, say over $7 or $8 ;), I wouldn't even think about it. Butane is cheap.

Just purged and refilled 2 zico torches I bought last week. Both had fishy smelling butane in them, so I'm glad I got that stuff outta there. Thanks!

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I ordered fairly early, I think right as the sale started, and they shipped it pretty fast. I was really surprised to see it was "Out for delivery" this morning.

I wish I had ordered everything in one order, then I wouldn't have to wait for this other one...

Also a question that's been on my mind: Is there a tiny torch somewhere that could fit in the herb compartment of the Dynastash?

There is one thats close, you'll still need to widen the Dynastash herb compartment and deepen it but it is possible to get a small single jet lighter to fit if you have the desire and determination to do so:

@Squiby's slim line cylinder flint wheel lighter post

My slim line cylinder flint wheel review

I haven't gotten round to actually boring out my Dynastash yet but I got the tools to do it so all I need now is some time. :brow:

Ebay Link: Cylinder Flint Wheel Refillable Jet Flame Cigarette Cigar Butane Gas Lighter

PeteSeattle

Same here! I was surprised to see out for shipment notice. They are really on top of it. Now, hurry up USPS!

Herbonius

This is cool, and I am NOT crapping on your construction or creativity, but I'd be a little worried about having so many 18650s in so little space that has any potential to heat up, not to mention so much potential for shorts with all that metal. I'd be looking for a plastic box or box liner of some sort, and I'd be very, very careful in the interim.

Please, vape safe!

I covered all the exposed points with electrical tape before putting it in the tin so there is no chance of shorts. The batteries aren't under a heavy load at all and heading is so fast that I'm not concerned about the thing catching fire.

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker

Maybe it depends on what exactly the order contains.
Or maybe after the sale started, the number of orders increased geometrically .
I've placed mine at 15th of April(next day after sale started ) and it is not shipped yet.
:\

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

Wow that's fast. I ordered about 30 min after I received Dynavap's email about the sale, It was real early in the day here, I imagine half of the USA weren't even up yet by the time I'd ordered. . . . Hope my delivery confirmation comes soon - that little parcel has a long way to travel and I'm getting impatient to try this sucker. . . .

The question is, which will come first? The 'M' I ordered/pre-ordered two days previously from a UK seller, or the Woody I ordered from Dynavap? The race is on.

Top Bottom