capcoho

My "M" arrived yesterday. Tried briefly this morning. WOW, amazingly cool and smooth vapor and 2 heatups got me quite red eyed which doesn't usually happen. :cool: Really quite a little marvel of engineering. Heating station would be great but I will master the torch first.

Squiby

Improvements that I can think of:
- Having a way to absolutely fully plug the carb. Maybe sell stems with no carb.

You can accomplish this by moving the oring farther down past the carb. This will block air flow through the carb completely.

Remove the tip from the stem.
Use the digger outter on the cap to push the condenser out of the stem.
Notice the location of the carb on the stem.
Line up the condenser beside the stem and move the oring lower on the condenser so that it is positioned between the carb and the tip end.
Lubricate the orings with spit or hemp oil or wood conditioner.
Reinsert condenser into sleeve.
Twist, push tip into body and over condenser.
Fill will herb of choice.
Place cap on tip.
Heat to the click and enjoy!

Alexis

This is not meant to offend. I have read all 530 pages of this thread in the last few weeks, and you have a penchant for the dramatic, @Alexis.

You have nothing to fear if you are gifting the M. It works precisely like all the other vapcaps work, with a few very minor material-driven differences, SS v Ti. SS is a more effective heat sink, so it's going to behave a little differently getting up to and staying at temperature. That's all. There are no defects, no problems, no disappointments, whatever you are waiting to happen.

What you are seeing, again, are noobs to the device learning to dial it in, whose entry point was the M. They'll get it. Remember your breathless posts about yours, and your initial disappointment? Then your epiphany, and your love for the device? It's exactly like that. No need to worry or fuss, or bother the creator with a non-problem problem.

Consult George on what, exactly? He's producing a game-changing device, and many, many people, understand that from the get go. Others struggle and then figure it out, like yourself. Still others will never get it, and it would be foolish to build a company around getting them to try, as you'd be spending every minute of every day doing customer support for idiots and handling returns of non-defective items. No sir.

I ordered 2 Ms. They are different than the first gen Ti, and the second gen Omni that I already had, but the same. As I'm a grown person capable of figuring things out, I did so, and am happy with the performance on all of them now. How about we let George carry on, and only trouble him in the areas that aren't user error or ignorance?
Thank you for your reasurances about the M being a perfectly functioning and well designed vaporizer.
And I understand that you mean no offence and I dont actually question the validity of your points, specifically in relation to my own nature, which I admit can be very dramatic and needlesly intense. I do feel like a fool in hindsight for many of my posts. My picture of things is frequently blighted by illness and a very deep depression in life, and I often am not in my right mind.

However, I cant help but feel there is a slight bitterness and reproachfulness in your tone that I do not feel is entirely appropriate. In relation to the post you have quoted, I feel like I am being charged for past crimes, my many poorly composed posts you have read through in such a short space of time, stretching many months during an extremely difficult time for me mentally, when I did not think clearly and express myself well.

The post I made in referenece to the new M model, and the contrasting reports from different users, I do not feel that is so worthy of criticism.

In fact, the matter had already been laid to rest shortly after I made the post.
Which I made with the best intentions- i truly want Dynavap to be a great success, and for every vapcap owner to be totally happy with their device.

My concern was that if there was some sort of machining tolerance issue involved, and the mixed user reports was not just new user error, I would like this to be identified quickly for the good of all.

I am rounding up many smoker friends tellibg them they will not regret getting a vapcap. I hope they will like it so much they will abandon their smoking rituals forever. They all have limited income, and will need to make sacrifices in order to afford the vapcap.

I just felt I needed to make sure I was giving them the right advice on which model to get at this time. The M is new so for all I knew, not having tried it yet myself, if there is a slight improvement to be made soon to perfected, then I would rather this be verified or ruled out sooner.
I would not want my good combuster friends to be disappointed with the new M and never look at another vape again.

I am going to get an M for myself and mum no matter what, but I just needed to be sure my friends would not regret it, and possibly wait until there may have been an upgrade, as there has been with the Ti tips.
This, I do not think is unreasonable or over dramatic in itself. Your observations of my previous posts, about which I am perhaps quite embarassed now, I feel may have blurred your appraisal of my queries about the M model.

I just wanted to clatify this stance.

VanCough

Environmentalist
Drama :ninja::uhoh:

In all seriousness though I can see both sides.

There's no need to trouble George over something trivial. Especially at such a stressful time for their small company with the release of the M and in the run up to 4/20.

However, that point was made in kind of a mean way: 'As I'm a grown person capable of figuring things out, I did so'. I've suffered with depression and it's truly awful, and you can't tell people's disposition from a forum so just be sound to everyone just in case.

Peace and love, there's enough assholes in the world without us stoners turning on one another. :peace:

Krazy

'As I'm a grown person capable of figuring things out, I did so'. Kinda rubbed me the wrong way as well, lol. Enough so that I edited my post at the time into non existence.

Plenty of people here with serious medical issues; probably more than a few were put off a bit.

Alexis

oops I combusted today! Is there anything I need to do? Does it damage the vape?
Panic not! Do you have any iso alcohol? Or an alternative cleaning fluid?
Just soak the affected parts in the storage tube full of iso alcohol (for a few hours or overnight), then rinse with warm water and let it completely air dry before using again.

You might also want to use a cotton bud dipped in iso to wipe out the bowl , if it still a bit darkened or smells slightly after the soak.

@VanCough , thank you for the words of support.
I was not actually disagreeing with @jedcaum 's points. I didnt actually mean for George to be throubled UNLESS there were reports from experianced vapcappers suggesting a variation between different units, and only then.

I have never once been at all hostile to anybody on this forum. And I LOVE this particular thread for it's profound warmth and friendliness. I am very emotionally sensitive, and felt that there was a touch of hostility or even slight vengefulness expressed by Jedcaum, based on impressions he formed of me from my past neurotic posts.

That is what I did not feel was necessary when I am only trying to help.:):tup:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
But I've been enjoying my Titanium Omni every day since new year, and can't for the life of me understand how you managed to heat it such that a fat mouthpiece is required.
I don't have a Omni so I can't compare, but I have been able to get the "M" quite warm just using it by myself when doing more than one bowl. If more than one person were using it at a time I'm sure it COULD get warmer than I would like to use it. A pause of a minute or 2 would likely be enough for it to cool down, but it is not an unreasonable concern. It would only be a temporary problem, however, and easily dealt with.
One of the reasons I prefer my Woody is the feel of the wood over metal or glass, and some of that is temp I think.

Have I said how much I like the Woody, especially after getting better at vapcapping...

Last edited:

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Got the adjustable airflow figured out in my OMNI. Crazy airflow now. Was sucking on a milkshake before, but that way you do seem to get nice strong dense vapor.

I want a fancy burl body now but none available looks like at the moment!
Ebony wood looking good too.

Spent all my extra cash on high grade CBD oil so might have to wait a bit!

almost there

Just ask them and they will make a body without carb.
I also prefer carb complete closed so most probably my next order will include a body without carb.
I always cover the carb with an o ring but I want to have the carb anyway to have my options open. I figured at some point I'll have a cold or bronchitis or upper respiratory infection and need an easier draw. Maybe I'll make a friend someday and he/she will come over and want to give the vapcap a go but likes an easier pull:hmm:? Don't mind me, I'm the nervous type and like to cover all my bases:uhoh:

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
My two M's arrived today !
Are they good / worth the price ?
Well ...
Just let me tell you a short story :
gave the one M to my boss
( an ex-heavy herb smoker ,@present half light smoker & half vaporizing ),
as a gift -as he was present while I was dry -burning
my M and I saw the astonishment mixed with a bit of envy in his eyes ....
Like a hungry puppy...somewhat.
He grabbed it and disappeared from the office , for about half an hour !

When he got back I was given a promotion AND a raise !
:rockon::o

Seriously ,this little-tiny piece of metal ,rocks !
Dynavap team ,thank you !
:clap::tup:
F@ck, I need a job like THAT....

almost there

Is there anyway to get Ti Tips and caps back to original coloring? Or is it kind of a once they go black they never go back type thing lol?
that is a question to ask @TheVaporist, his caps and ti tips are always pristine. Either he has a tip and cap for photo purposes or he's spending all his time spit shining those radiant pieces, find out what his secret is:nod:

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
@almost there, like I said before, enchanted rose :D

I admit that I have one cap for photography purpose, but from times to times I get the used ones like new using some "Belgom" and a piece of fabric. Work like hell, bonus point if you have a biker beard and a motorcycle :rockon:

As for the tip, none of mine has lost his original color, because I never touch it with my fingers (avoiding sebum deposits) by always using the stash's magnet, and trying to avoid trichomes on the tip (straw method and a quick wipe).
Like that, pristine Ti Tip forever for me :haw:

Last edited:

almost there

I admit that I have one cap for photography purpose, but from times to times I get the used ones like new using some "Belgom" and a piece of fabric. Work like hell, bonus point if you have a biker beard and a motorcycle :rockon:

As for the tip, none of mine has lost his original color, because I never touch it with my fingers (avoiding sebum deposits) by always using the stash's magnet, and trying to avoid trichomes on the tip (straw method and a quick wipe).
I knew it, those vapcaps own u, got you slaving away:wave:. That sounds like hard labor, I'll just leave mine the way it is and admire your's:clap:

janusportal

Is there anyway to get Ti Tips and caps back to original coloring? Or is it kind of a once they go black they never go back type thing lol?

I was just wondering that myself! I picked up a Woody and M and tried doing a couple of dry runs as suggested.

The M's already got a golden tinge and I thought I was keeping it quite far away from the blue flame. Am I doing it wrong or is it just normal for Vapcaps?

Haven't tried the Woody yet. :)

mucsusn

60 going on 20

This is what is so f'in cool about this thread.....everybody has slightly different little rituals around their use and maintenance of these little marvels. George and Co. have created a great little community here!

DarkSm0ke

Anyone who recently got a "M" can give me a ballpark figure for how long it took after you ordered to get shipping confirmation? My order is just a "M", some o-rings, bees wax and, hemp fiber. Nothing custom. I know there is a shipping thread, but last time I checked a couple of days ago it had very slow if not any movement. I also emailed Dynavap a couple of days ago.

DarkSm0ke,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Alegre

Pobre payaso
Anyone who recently got a "M" can give me a ballpark figure for how long it took after you ordered to get shipping confirmation? My order is just a "M", some o-rings, bees wax and, hemp fiber. Nothing custom. I know there is a shipping thread, but last time I checked a couple of days ago it had very slow if not any movement. I also emailed Dynavap a couple of days ago.
Ordered Sunday night, shipping email Wednesday, received package on Friday. I live only two states away though.

Top Bottom