WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Great review @WakeAndVape.

Could I please ask you to elaborate on your comment at the end about long-time soaking of the cap in ISO alcohol?
it just looked like it was starting to make the cap deteriorate slightly...could be another element too though.
but in general, i wouldn't recommend it as a NORMAL cleaning step unless the cap was especially dirty

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Okay I've decided the extra glass 100% Improves extraction if a single milky hit is what you're after (I'll still happily start cool and work warmer native puffing away at a bowl)... The torch time is ineffective like 6 times more or longer for probably around double the extraction per heat cycle, my torch gets so hot doing it. Better fitting glass for sure! Anyone willing to have a go with some little glass bits that may work laying around YMMV but I'm bloody loving it that way.

Try heating on the click or just below it until it clicks, wait for the cool down, then heat at the bottom of the cap until it clicks. I've been getting full milky extraction through water this way with basically a single heat cycle.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I'm not sure if the M caps are the same as the others as far as materials and finish. I've soaked my caps in iso overnight, it didn't seem to affect anything negatively. It restored a little luster to the caps and reduced the darkening temporarily.

My cap has never gotten dirty at all surprisingly, there is no need to soak it in iso. I did it a few times early on to make the cap look "better" but as the darkening has increased on my main cap I've grown to love the broken-in look so I no longer have a desire to soak my caps in iso.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I'm not sure if the M caps are the same as the others as far as materials and finish. I've soaked my caps in iso overnight, it didn't seem to affect anything negatively. It restored a little luster to the caps and reduced the darkening temporarily.

My cap has never gotten dirty at all surprisingly, there is no need to soak it in iso. I did it a few times early on to make the cap look "better" but as the darkening has increased on my main cap I've grown to love the broken-in look so I no longer have a desire to soak my caps in iso.
bdU7bEh.jpg

Forgive the unsightly resin at the bottom of the spade.

But the specs on the cap is what I'm referring to and they only started to show after is soaking. (This is the cap from the OG)

Could be something else, but I haven't isolated it

Burt

it just looked like it was starting to make the cap deteriorate slightly...could be another element too though.
but in general, i wouldn't recommend it as a NORMAL cleaning step unless the cap was especially dirty
Thanks! I have soaked my caps regularly in 99.9% ISO with no noticeable effects beyond cleaning, but now I will keep a closer eye out for potential damage.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
bdU7bEh.jpg

Forgive the unsightly resin at the bottom of the spade.

But the specs on the cap is what I'm referring to and they only started to show after is soaking. (This is the cap from the OG)

Could be something else, but I haven't isolated it

Ok, I have the specks and they gradually increase in size, causing the darkening of my cap. I figured they were from the torch, I soaked the two caps I've used in iso early on, so I never connected the specks to the iso. I'll have to start using one of my backup caps and leave it iso free to see how it develops.

Perhaps I will continue to occasionally soak my main cap in iso to enhance this effect as I really like the idea of a black cap.

nnAaZVi.jpg

exime

How long are you supposed to wait in between using the torch? Do you torch every time you inhale? If not, how do you know if you need to torch or not?

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
How long are you supposed to wait in between using the torch? Do you torch every time you inhale? If not, how do you know if you need to torch or not?
you heat it until it clicks, it also clicks when it cools, that is when it is okay to start torching again

@Vapor_Eyes i could be wrong too, but it seems like i didn't see it until my first clean with iso
glad to know i'm not the only one, no matter the cause

jambandphan03

in flavor country
So I noticed the head on my M was pulling loose too easily, when I was trying to get the heat cap off between loads, so I went to adjust it, and already broke one of the tiny O rings that was on there. I scooted the other 2 down a rung, and it still fits in place, but it made me wish I had known to go ahead and just order extra O rings,none of the ones I have here will work. I thought it was similar in size to the O ring on some of my older ecig mouth pieces, but they were just a hair too thick, and wouldn't slide into the body with out stretching them. So now I am planning to try to find a reason to purchase another higher priced item so I can get some extra O rings with out having to pay $7 to ship just O rings. Hopefully I won't mess the others up in the mean time while I save up the funds for another purchase.

Maybe they should include a couple of spares, or suggest you order extras or something. Only having this for a day and already needing a part isn't the best feeling. I still absolutely LOVE this vape, just already running into a small problem. I don't plan to take the head off again unless I absolutely have to.

My advice: buy extra O rings with any of the modular units, to save extra shipping charges.

Last edited:

sag

Ok! that did it...That is my all time favorite. I do miss it with the move to vapes. I have been trying to keep up with this thread. Fast and furious indeed. Now which one to get? I find the choices many and confusing. The original, the omni or the the m...oh my what a conundrum.

lea7cfR.jpg

Ordered my 'M' Sat April 1st after 7 PM. Shipping confirmation 12:40 PM Monday! Received, Wed April 1st!!

Out with the old, and it is over 30 years old.. and in with the new M! Thanks Dynavap!

Sorry I could not figure out how to embed that image!

Modnote: Edited to display image
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-post-pictures.155/

exime

Ok! that did it...That is my all time favorite. I do miss it with the move to vapes. I have been trying to keep up with this thread. Fast and furious indeed. Now which one to get? I find the choices many and confusing. The original, the omni or the the m...oh my what a conundrum.

I decided to start with the 'M' since it's inexpensive and isn't glass. Plus it's brand new so it's like having the latest and greatest. Then if I fall in love maybe add an Omni in the future or whatever the flagship is at the time. Maybe by then a special edition or something else really cool will come out.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

IMO the Vong! I have the basic glass one but I think the Vapcap excels through water! Huge extraction.

bounce5

I ordered an Omnivap (extra O-rings) and two "M"s with two packs of extra O-rings. I'm wondering if I shouldn't have bought some more of the O-ring packs if they can break that easily. They look a bit thinner than the red O-ring on the OG Vapcap. I never had a problem with the red O-ring.

Anyways, I'm excited for them to come!

'

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I ordered an Omnivap (extra O-rings) and two "M"s with two packs of extra O-rings. I'm wondering if I shouldn't have bought some more of the O-ring packs if they can break that easily. They look a bit thinner than the red O-ring on the OG Vapcap. I never had a problem with the red O-ring.

'
ill probably regret saying this publicly, but i havent (knock on wood) had any problems with my O-Rings either and i have iso soaked them.

i think what @jambandphan03 experienced is rare and could be caused by a number of things.

for instance i haven't broken a mighty O-ring yet, but in the mighty thread hella people broke them on the regular

natural farmer

'
I've never needed an o-ring so far... My two sets are just waiting there. :p

jambandphan03

in flavor country
ill probably regret saying this publicly, but i havent (knock on wood) had any problems with my O-Rings either and i have iso soaked them.

i think what @jambandphan03 experienced is rare and could be caused by a number of things.

for instance i haven't broken a mighty O-ring yet, but in the mighty thread hella people broke them on the regular

I'm guessing I just had an O ring with a weak spot, it fell apart way too easily. They are super thin, so I imagine it would be easy to have imperfections. Not terribly worried, just wanted to pass it along, that was my regret, not purchasing extras.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I'm guessing I just had an O ring with a weak spot, it fell apart way too easily. They are super thin, so I imagine it would be easy to have imperfections. Not terribly worried, just wanted to pass it along, that was my regret, not purchasing extras.
I do like/need extras of most things as well...i'm guessing the opening of the tube could have sliced it too if you said it was wobbly in there?

Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books

'
I have never needed to replace an o ring! I own Several units, too!

Teaming

Gardenerjeff

DarkSm0ke

Got paid yesterday, and logged into Dynavap to pay for the items in my cart from a couple of days ago and lo and behold no more sale prices :uhoh:. Was planning on purchasing a few items from dynavap for my sister's birthday gift this month. Maybe @VapCap will have a 420 sale but then it will be too late! I know I am just whining but I have a very limited income and had the whole set up budgeted already. Might have to get her something else from PIU since their 420 sale is already live.:clap:

I wish @VapCap emailed when they are running any limited sales or promotions with the cut off dates. I am subscribed to their list and never receive any notification :ugh:

jds

Got paid yesterday, and logged into Dynavap to pay for the items in my cart from a couple of days ago and lo and behold no more sale prices :uhoh:. Was planning on purchasing a few items from dynavap for my sister's birthday gift this month. Maybe @VapCap will have a 420 sale but then it will be too late! I know I am just whining but I have a very limited income and had the whole set up budgeted already. Might have to get her something else from PIU since their 420 sale is already live.:clap:

I wish @VapCap emailed when they are running any limited sales or promotions with the cut off dates. I am subscribed to their list and never receive any notification :ugh:

Just to add to that post, and for anyone wondering: Dynavap themselves confirmed there will be a 4/20 sale. I'm not sure exactly when, but I am myself waiting on it to buy an Omnivap.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/61uoq2/dynavap_420_sale/dfhgopk/

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I do like/need extras of most things as well...i'm guessing the opening of the tube could have sliced it too if you said it was wobbly in there?
Yeah, the head (bowl section) was just falling out, I would not have messed with it, if there wasn't an issue.

I'm happy so many other people are not having any problems with O rings. I realize this was probably an isolated incident. I would still recommend dropping the extra couple of dollars for extra O rings if I were giving advice on buying this style unit. Better to have them then not, when something does fail. I know I was sitting there last night wishing I had more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom