The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
My cap is a pretty tight fit on my Ti tip. I feel that having the condenser extended into the tip may be a more preferable experience with a slightly looser cap allowing better airflow. That's partly why mine is opened up. And is why I noticed how the vapor was totally sufficient and rich, without needing to reduce the airflow with the mouthpiece.

Same here, very tight cap fit so fully opened when hitting it dry. I reduce the airflow at around half when using it through water.

@Winegums @TheVaporist I totally feel you, whoever worries about the effects of VAS on his pockets has never experienced a case of Photographic Gear Accumulation Syndrome...

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Can someone explain about condensers? Specifically, the stems from phatpiggie and winegums don't need a condenser and I don't understand why.
The reason for condensers are to protect the wood and give extra functionality to the carb. Without a condenser the wood would get soaked with condensed vapour, be a pain to clean and stink after a while. Since I line my stems with stainless steel you don't need a condenser tube to protect the wood.

natural farmer

The reason for condensers are to protect the wood and give extra functionality to the carb. Without a condenser the wood would get soaked with condensed vapour, be a pain to clean and stink after a while. Since I line my stems with stainless steel you don't need a condenser tube to protect the wood.

A condenser is not necessary , but helps keep reclaim from building up on the wood parts .
Winegums beat me to it

I think I had noticed vapor without a condenser to be a bit harsher, back at my OG days... @Winegums , @phattpiggie ? Have you noticed this as well with your beautiful creations?

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Hi Cappers!

Just stopped by to tell a quick story. I took my VC's and Mighty to a poker game and golfing this week. The Mighty was a hit, however, everyone except one friend at poker enjoyed the VC's more than the Mighty.

I was pleasantly surprised how well the VC's worked out on the course. We started the round with the Mighty and then I handed each cart a dynastash and two VC's. The Mighty didn't get used again on the course... because the VC's were so much quicker and discrete and everyone could decide for themselves when they were ready.

So there you have it, once again DynaVap for the win!

Have a great Sunday!

:wave:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I think I had noticed vapor without a condenser to be a bit harsher, back at my OG days... @Winegums , @phattpiggie ? Have you noticed this as well with your beautiful creations?
I find that my condenser free, steel core, test mule is smoother and cooler until the vapour starts to tickle my throat (which is due to the potency of the vapour not the temperature). I was having issues with the condenser tube focusing the hot vapour on my lip and burning it. The wide tube diffuses the vapour and doesn't make it as hot on the lips.

Hi Cappers!

Just stopped by to tell a quick story. I took my VC's and Mighty to a poker game and golfing this week. The Mighty was a hit, however, everyone except one friend at poker enjoyed the VC's more than the Mighty.

I was pleasantly surprised how well the VC's worked out on the course. We started the round with the Mighty and then I handed each cart a dynastash and two VC's. The Mighty didn't get used again on the course... because the VC's were so much quicker and discrete and everyone could decide for themselves when they were ready.

So there you have it, once again DynaVap for the win!

Have a great Sunday!

:wave:

That's an great story, thanks for sharing!

I can totally see how the Vapcap and Dynastash would do better while golfing than the Mighty. The warm up time of the Mighty can be painfully slow when you're just trying to get a quick session in. I do find that the Mighty can service three people much easier than a single vapcap though.

Last edited:

Omphaloskeptic

The condenser also serves to cool the vapor coming from the tip and create a turbulence effect at the end to draw/mix vapor and ambient air. The path from the airport upwards outside the condenser and then back on the inside makes for a cooler, smoother draw as @natural farmer noted. George describes it eloquently here.

None of this is strictly necessary, but it does make for a slightly different experience with the VapCap. As @Winegums just added, the wider bore of her units also helps to cool down the vapor. It's all part of the beauty of this tech, allowing for a wide range of experiences and preferences. I'm just thankful we have an active community of makers and innovators around this product!

Last edited:

Alexis

I got my little green parcel in about 7 days, also there were no customs charges however I believe that to be down to the luck of the draw.
If I am the luck of the draw, then yes that is the reason there were no customs! We all did start picking up customs charges at the end of last year, due to the dollar sterling change I believe.
Until I informed the guys that the VAT import threhold in the UK is £15.
The team responded warmly and understandingly and since then, Dynavap have reduced the prices of all their products so that no matter what we order, the total is only $15 now, if you get me that is.;)

I will hapily accept 10 p donations from here on, a sort of royalty, from all UK customers!:brow:

Got to take the credit where its due eh?

Alexis

Why thank you @Alexis
That is quite alright. I felt someone had to take the initiative. I worded my email thoughtfully, dont want to be obvious should prying eyes invade the line. The guys had already set product prices very low for the exact intention, except their calculation was slightly off.

Certain members did actualy try and discourage me from alerting Dynavap to the issue, which I thought was silly, seeing as it was their intended wish in the first place.

You know what they say, you dont ask...etc! Y'all have a great Sunday everyone.

Im on my 30 day vapor break now for homeopathic treatment and gotten into the most miserable mental state due to so much shit to deal with health wise currently. I get into real mental despair at times and go crazy with stress.
Im trying to look forward but at these times it seems there is nothing to look forward to.

I think when the storm has passed, I will again be very excited to receive my new vapcap induction heater from one and only Pipes.

I so loved my Omnivap last week after abandoning it due to hand problems. For a long time, I couldnt understand the enfatuation everyone had for the vapcaps.

I do now, I dont plan on using my Herborizer much when my heater arrives!
To better times!:cheers:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
If I am the luck of the draw, then yes that is the reason there were no customs! We all did start picking up customs charges at the end of last year, due to the dollar sterling change I believe.
Until I informed the guys that the VAT import threhold in the UK is £15.
The team responded warmly and understandingly and since then, Dynavap have reduced the prices of all their products so that no matter what we order, the total is only $15 now, if you get me that is.;)

I will hapily accept 10 p donations from here on, a sort of royalty, from all UK customers!:brow:

Got to take the credit where its due eh?

Cheque's in the mail, unfortunately there may be a customs charge :p:lol:

Alexis

Im on my 30 day vapor break now for homeopathic treatment and gotten into the most miserable mental state due to so much shit to deal with health wise currently. I get into real mental despair at times and go crazy with stress.
Im trying to look forward but at these times it seems there is nothing to look forward to.

I think when the storm has passed, I will again be very excited to receive my new vapcap induction heater from one and only Pipes.
Hey folks. Its a new day, a sunny day (ish) here in Bedford UK. I am pleased to say that for the moment my outlook on life is radically different from the previous days when I was really suffering in misery.
The homeopathy is tough as hell the first 5 days, the hardest point, like starting a long shift when you are tired and have it all to do.

Things are infinitely better today. The infections are coming down fast. I also did 2 days with no weed at all, Im on a vapor break but have edibles at my disposal. I rarely go a day with no weed at all these days (years), because often when I do I go into the most severe depression, for a number of reasons not strictly to do with weed, it is just that the "cushion" has been removed, so to speak.

I just didnt want anybody to feel sorry for me. I try usually to be a positive guy. I can start looking forward again now. The hard part is the better I feel, the more I itch for my vaporizers again and time drags.

But Im sure I can live with that! Sunny days, and welcome all new vapcappers!
I missed this thread also when I abandoned my Omni due to hand problems. You vapcappers are so friendly, warm, open, understanding, accomadating and non judgemental.
Rarely do I see any type of disagreement or anger expressed in this thread. Big love!:love:

Last edited:

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep

Dutch-Mic

I need to confess something... I ordered a Vaponic. Before you react like this: :myday::goon::mental: let me clarify my choice. Both are mainly made of glass parts and are in the same price range. I'm curious about the differences in tase and usability.

I'll still order around 420 a Ti Woody though!

Jah1975

so, my xls ebony double crown with exotic tip came in, and im not loving it. I cant get past the smell of the wood, it reminds me of the taste of a seed in a pipe back in my combustion days. I love the OG glass, I love the TI tip, but the wood body and spinning mouthpiece are just not for me unfortunately 8(. I may be parting this one out if I cant figure a way to get rid of the smell

hinglemccringleberry

so, my xls ebony double crown with exotic tip came in, and im not loving it. I cant get past the smell of the wood, it reminds me of the taste of a seed in a pipe back in my combustion days. I love the OG glass, I love the TI tip, but the wood body and spinning mouthpiece are just not for me unfortunately 8(. I may be parting this one out if I cant figure a way to get rid of the smell
Weird, my cocobolo XLS has no detectable scent and does not affect the taste of my herbs at all. Maybe the ebony is more pungent than the other woods? An Omnivap XL might suit you better (yes they do exist, but not on the website - just have to call them to order one).

Heads up, do not purchase a walnut Sticky Brick/ SB Junior. The smell was intense and offputting to me right out of the box and the worst part was it screwed up the flavor IMHO. I had to return it.

Last edited:

Creeper

deep in the matrix...

I never noticed a distracting smell from my cocobolo but just go buy some Burt's Bee Wax lipbalm in your favourite smell and bingo problem solved. Conditions the wood and using some on the o-rings puts it inside the unit a bit so hopefully the combo reduces the smell for you.

Heads up, do not purchase a walnut Sticky Brick/ SB Junior. The smell was intense and offputting to me right out of the box and the worst part was it screwed up the flavor IMHO. I had to return it.

I have a walnut Sticky Brick Hydro Maxx, no issues on mine regarding smell.

Last edited by a moderator:

hinglemccringleberry

I have a walnut Sticky Brick Hydro Maxx, no issues on mine regarding smell.
Interesting, as soon as I opened the box of my walnut SBJ the smell hit me like a wall. A week into using it daily the wood taste had barely subsided, not enough to make me want to keep it. Got a cherry version, sold the walnut, and never looked back.
I appreciate Jah1975 reporting that issue because I'll have to steer clear of the ebony for future VC purchases.. some people like woodiness, I can't stand it

Last edited:
Top Bottom