hoyo77

Oh my how this thread has grown. have not posted in this group since i got my original dynavap from the campaign. I got my mind set on upgrading and getting an omnivap. been reading good things about it. I like that i can customizer. i got some wood i need to do something with. I also like that titanium body i see....i think i read in a post where they said this is the leggo of vapes...i agree...i agree...time for me to upgrade to some new toys. @VapCap i sent you an email via your site. Patiently awaiting your response.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@VapCap lovely finish on the new MP's.

Next week is officially Thuya week in the Shed, so I finished up a couple of things I've been playing with and getting a bit more practice in with acrylics.
Also had another go at a 62mm Square, George, I've got plenty of Teak to get thru and it smells way better than the plastics.
Not sure on how to make the MP work it's too big at 12mm square
FoH2pNv.jpg

Lignum and grape acrylic, just a round one this time;)
KDR6iSg.jpg

Inspired by a guy called Lynn Lacey, he did a pen called Dark Matters and I thought 'I'm doing one of them'. Blackwood and Aluminium, cut out of the side of a pop tin.
yOQoV0P.jpg

Last edited:

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
That green shiny envelope was waiting for me upon arrival home!

Those are the new additions, and here's the whole family

I think I might be suffering from a case of vas.
Can't wait till I can test em out. Hope you all have a great day!

Last edited:

natural farmer

Next week is officially Thuya week in the Shed, so I finished up a couple of things I've been playing with and getting a bit more practice in with acrylics.
Also had another go at a 62mm Square, George, I've got plenty of Teak to get thru and it smells way better than the plastics.
FoH2pNv.jpg

KDR6iSg.jpg

Inspired by a guy called Lynn Lacey, he did a pen called Dark Matters and I thought 'I'm doing one of them'. Blackwood and Aluminium, cut out of the side of a pop tin.
yOQoV0P.jpg
Your designs are getting better and better man! :clap: Yeah, especially that blackwood/aluminum!!! :drool::drool::drool:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
@flotntoke the skull looks really nice! Don't play to loud out of your guitar, or you'll miss the click :rockon:.
Although, your picture as a nice perspective and is doing honor to the engraving! Well done :tup:

On your little problem, what I don't understand is how the new Ti tip (bowl) is preventing you to fully close the air path, as the condenser goes in the tip but don't fill it, air can flow around it (when it not full of reclaim.... :freak:) , and create pressure that helps to move the vapor through the condenser, and cool the overall thing. The more deep in the tip the condenser is, the more effect it has on the pressure and flow around it, the airflow is driven by the tapered end of the condenser and the carb hole obstruction together.

Have you ordered a new body ?
I ask that because your problem recall mine, when receiving my carbon and burl bodies, the carb hole were drilled 2mm higher than the one on my titanium body. Leading my first gen omnivap, to be unable to go further than 10% of the carb closed.
This was a problem for me as my usage typically resume as: 100% closed on WP, 90% closed when mouthpuffing and opened for a sensitive person.
So I had asked Matt about buying a custom condenser, with more threading, to solve my problem.
But in order to fulfill the legend, Matt asked me to give him where the carb hole will be optimal, and then, push the bodies under warranty with my next (current :rofl:) order, carb holes drilled 4mm higher.

"Dynavap, optimus princeps Vaporum"

Thanks for the love! Should try to get a better pic up soon, as it really looks MUCH better in person. Took it out the other night, and people were really loving it. Even those who don't/won't vape. What I thought was really cool was that when I said it was a custom and that it was a $20 upgrade, general response was "That's all? Definitely worth it!" Sometimes I think many of us get carried away with the vapes, and I really couldn't tell you if $20 is a fair price or not. But, I'm paying either way! Nice to get some confirmation from regular folks that I haven't quite lost my mind with such things, yet.

Thanks also for all the tips (punny!) about my new Gen 4 tip. I really haven't investigated fully, but hope to get a chance today. I need to see why it isn't closing as much, instead of just assuming it isn't going deep enough. I have a few other bodies that I haven't tried yet, and of course glass is probably going to be better for diagnosis. So far I've just had the CF on there.

If I'm reading you correctly, a bit of resinous goo may be what is needed for a better seal on the end of condenser. Now, how would I do that? Think I may have a good idea, but it's gonna suck to have to run more loads through it. :dog:

FoH2pNv.jpg

KDR6iSg.jpg

yOQoV0P.jpg

Amazingly lovely work, as always. That blackwood and aluminum has me drooling all over the keyboard!

Jethro

I haven't been here in a long time.. some beautiful Vapcaps in this thread!

I've broken my last glass OG- I just ordered a ti-woody and a dyanastash from Randy. Should have done it long ago right from George! Actually I lied, I bet I'll buy another glasscap because they pull awesome on my water tools. I just let them get to sticky before a cleaning and then I break the damn tube like a gorilla! Need to stop being lazy about it and be more careful pushing the screen out. George sent me a replacement glass body out of the goodness of his heart last time I broke it but I'm not gonna let him do that again! I don't deserve a reward for my mistake.

Looking forward to the ti-woody and love seeing all the amazing pieces here.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@flotntoke: Could it be the extra airflow from the grooves in the new tip that's causing issues? No matter what position the condenser is in, you will get more airflow than the previous tips. Therefore, I would think fully closed should not be possible with the new tips. Perhaps you could put an x-ring under the air intake/carb hole, or use the rolling paper mod.

mandelbrod

I have seen a blackwood specimen of the nonavong in my part of the woods, I finely been able to get a pic of this illusive beauty in its natural habitat, in front of its Wenge house. (edit* Look 2 posts further for the pic, Mr GreenHopper helped my stoned ass)
script>

I like it, its a solid piece of wood that drops down and locks perfectly in every 14mm piece that i own. Looking down when taking a first hit on a dry, glass piece, brings such a stream of vaper out of its butt that I keep imagining it is going to take off, like a little rocket, way up into space.
I have had to do one adjustment to get big clouds as I do now:
The ss condenser ( no-mouthpiece type) has got 3 markings to make a rubber ring hold place, One is at the mouthpiece, second one is situated before the carbhole and the third one is behind the carbhole. Your out of the box Nonavong will have its 2 black rings on the 1st and second position, the "MOD" is to move the second black ring from the second position to the 3rd position. That will block the air intake and will allow you to not have to hold your finger on the carbhole the entire time.

Its beautifull, its glorious, its... the Nonavong

Last edited:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
H7e4r
I have seen a blackwood specimen of the nonavong in my part of the woods, I finely been able to get a pic of this illusive beauty in its natural habitat, in front of its Wenge house.
script>
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/H7e4r"><a href="//imgur.com/H7e4r"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
I like it, its a solid piece of wood that drops down and locks perfectly in every 14mm piece that i own. Looking down when taking a first hit on a dry, glass piece, brings such a stream of vaper out of its butt that I keep imagining it is going to take off, like a little rocket, way up into space.
I have had to do one adjustment to get big clouds as I do now:
The ss condenser ( no-mouthpiece type) has got 3 markings to make a rubber ring hold place, One is at the mouthpiece, second one is situated before the carbhole and the third one is behind the carbhole. Your out of the box Nonavong will have its 2 black rings on the 1st and second position, the "MOD" is to move the second black ring from the second position to the 3rd position. That will block the air intake and will allow you to not have to hold your finger on the carbhole the entire time.

Its beautifull, its glorious, its... the Nonavong

Here you go buddy:

MJYzAW9.jpg

mandelbrod

@cybrguy the pic really does not come close to its beauty IRL. The marks of the leopardwood could be discribed as holographic, out of this world and insanely sparkly for a piece of wood.
Unfortunately it belongs to a friend so I can only gaze at it every once in a while.
I have not seen a bad piece of wood on this thread yet, and seeing that other artists that are getting involved, I do not think that will change!
Many thanks @GreenHopper !!

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It appears (a little dark) that yours does NOT have a MP and the one posted by @antispleen does. I assume that means the nonavong is available as both a stem and a body? It might be hard to decide which way to go.
Is it also available in both 14mm and 18mm? I assume the 14mm would fit in the stash...
Just watched my 3-week-old OG glass VapCap roll off a countertop and gently break into several pieces :mad:. This was not my backup - I no longer have a VapCap :rip:
While the wood VapCaps are obviously much less fragile, the "won't roll away" aspect of the nonavong is part of the attraction for me. Sorry, Dude, I know that hurts. I've lost a couple Zion stems... :(
-----------------
Added: And, of course, all of my speculation (including my incorrect spelling) can be resolved just by finding the right link at DynaVap...

I see you beat me too it, @antispleen, but I may as well just leave it. :)

Last edited:

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
Yes
It appears (a little dark) that yours does NOT have a MP and the one posted by @antispleen does. I assume that means the nanovong is available as both a stem and a body? It might be hard to decide which way to go.
Is it also available in both 14mm and 18mm? I assume the 14mm would fit in the stash...

While the wood VapCaps are obviously much less fragile, the "won't roll away" aspect of the nanovong is part of the attraction for me. Sorry, Dude, I know that hurts. I've lost a couple Zion stems...

Yes yes and yes! 14 or 18mm, body and stem...

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Just a quick update: A couple months or so ago I had posted in this thread that I was somewhat disappointed with the performance of my two VC's, i.e., OG and TiWoody. It seemed I just couldn't get the cap click to do it's thing....ongoing problem with charring and occasional combustion. So, George, being the kind of guy that we all know he is, asked me if I'd like to try another cap. I thought, what the heck, might as well give it a go so George sent me another cap, gratis.

Longish story shortened, I've been using the cap for only about a week at this point but it's a much more consistent and AUDIBLE click. I can even FEEL the click in my hand! I'm also using a single flame torch, rather than the triple I had been using initially so that also may have something to do with it.

At any rate, just wanted to share my success story and to once again salute George for his commitment to outstanding customer service! :rockon:

Top Bottom