• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I'm not sure how the o-rings would react to iso but with my method they do not come in contact with the iso.
Right, and due to this I may hand clean the TI tip rather than soak it, while soaking the other parts. I ordered some extra O rings but I don't want to have to replace them often. I have only had the OG up to now which I just soak without the mouthpiece and usually leave the O ring above the iso level.

"Don't use ISO" fits well with these being aromatherapy devices... ;)

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Right, and due to this I may hand clean the TI tip rather than soak it, while soaking the other parts. I ordered some extra O rings but I don't want to have to replace them often. I have only had the OG up to now which I just soak without the mouthpiece and usually leave the O ring above the iso level.

"Don't use ISO" fits well with these being aromatherapy devices... ;)
I hand clean my Ti tips with iso soaked q-tips, no soaking required. It only takes a few moments if done regularly.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
With the OG, I soak the O ring and mouthpiece in hot water, and the body and condenser in an iso bath via the original tube it shipped in (thanks Squiby!)
I don't clean the cap. I think the torch lighter does a good enough job there. I don't remove the CCD. I finish with a Q tip. With alcohol and fire it would be a good idea to ensure everything is well dried and evaporated before using.

Baron23

I've used both a SS & titanium mesh screen in the tip. I've had better luck with Ti. I've used both hard bubble hash & malleable pressed hash to good effect. Takes a little practice though, definitely combusted a few times.

So, I'm a bit confused. The CCD was only in the OG originally. My understanding was that this component was indeed Ti.

Now that George is milling his own Ti tips, I gather that he was able to include some feature to hold a CCD in place and that Ti tips now ship with a Ti CCD...correct?

So, where did a SS CCD come from or have I missed the boat entirely?

That's where I prefer the filter in the mouth piece just a small piece of organic cotton and it keeps all particles out and can be vaped or saved for further reclaim extraction.

I am an idiot...I love OGs and in the MP was the last place I thought about for filter but its so frakin obvious. :doh:

WARNING: Cleaning with alcohol or other flammable liquids is not recommended. Alcohol will not damage any component of the VapCap, even with prolonged soaking, but we do not recommend using it.

The liability lawyers wrote that.

Last edited:

Quint

So, I'm a bit confused. The CCD was only in the OG originally. My understanding was that this component was indeed Ti.

Now that George is milling his own Ti tips, I gather that he was able to include some feature to hold a CCD in place and that Ti tips now ship with a Ti CCD...correct?

So, where did a SS CCD come from or have I missed the boat entirely?

I'm not 100% certain but I believe the Ti CCD's came around at the same time as the new Ti tips, however I don't know if they are included by default. You can always test to see if they are Ti or SS by touching them to a magnet. The ones I got 2 months ago are SS.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I think the red silicone O rings may swell or something if soaked repeatedly but Viton reads as being Iso safe so the black ones should cope. I take the red off as I don't have any of the black ones yet, but I will probably take them off as well.
I soaked my 7 fin a few days ago with the Ti CCD left in. I then decided to push it out and I'm glad I did as there was quite a bit of gunge under where it fits in the bowl, it deformed slightly when pushed out but after a quick tap with a hammer on a flat surface it was back in shape and back in the bowl.

I fully appreciate the warning about alcohol, we live in a world where slowly but surely common sense is being bred out of society and you just know someone somewhere will take a torch to a tip that is soaked or worse a cap.

Again if you are unsure then follow the warnings given. I would hate for anyone to get hurt following my words of 'advice'.

Squiby

I haven't tried a candle or bic yet as I haven't the patience.

A flame will take about 20 seconds to heat the cap which does seem to be an unbelievably long wait when you're used to a jet lighter.

It gives me comfort to know that if I am capable of making fire, all is well in the world.

I do occasionally use a candle. It is a nice relaxing approach in the right setting. Most of the time I use a single jet though.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have a bunch of singles I got for the Lotus (and to satisfy my TAS), but I tend to use the triple for the OG.
I expect to use the Woody more so I will likely switch them off more...

Squiby

So several weeks back I had an opportunity to purchase a @Ratchett Vapcap Pouch. Made from a lovely soft black and brown leather, it easily carries a Vapcap, a doob tube of herb and room enough for a slim jet lighter. It even sports a magnet to hold your Vapcap upright and doubles as a snap closure.

It is very handy. It is soft and supple to the touch. It will get better with age. It is a soft version of the wood Dynavap stash.

Another way to dress your Vapcap in style.

IDewEfm.jpg

uvr5o8U.jpg

tdtvXJD.jpg

Copper Stoned Ti Vapcap XLS

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/111926427780?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

CanadianBakin

Nice pouch.

Is that a window in the side?

If anyone sees the Wind River two-pack of single torches for $4 in the checkout line at Mark's (Canadian clothing store), save your money! I made an impulse purchase the other day. They have a really weird flame - pinkish red, and they stink. The stink might just be the butane they come filled with, but the flame isn't very hot either.

CanadianBakin,
Reactions: Squiby

jimfish4130

If anyone sees the Wind River two-pack of single torches for $4 in the checkout line at Mark's (Canadian clothing store), save your money! I made an impulse purchase the other day. They have a really weird flame - pinkish red, and they stink. The stink might just be the butane they come filled with, but the flame isn't very hot either.

Same goes for the Torjet lighters in UK petrol stations and shops. I had a few while I was waiting for my triple torches, I used pliers to rip the bits out the bits of metal that makes the flame red but there was still some there and the tank size is ridiculous.

The smell is from the lighters not the gas I think

Cowputer

Guys what do u use for cleaning the vapcap? I cant seem to find higher than 70% alcohol around here and that doesn't do the trick.

The method that by far has not only kept my glass OG clean but I have been using to reclaim the left over goodies on the glass.

Using everclear with a 1oz Amber glass bottle w/dropper I found that the condenser tube can be put in the place of the glass dropper and kept in Amber bottle with everclear. Having an extra body and condenser tube is helpful as I do let mine sit in there for a day or two longer when I forget about it.

You do have some small left over particles in the everclear but needless to say the color will change and will only continue to as long as you continue to clean with the same ever clear.

Check out a previous post of mine with pics below.

Condenser tube before along side the glass dropper and container. I do remove the o ring.

pK82VYC.jpg

OG Body in the amber container with everclear and cotton piece at bottom to prevent glass on glass contact. Oh I also remove the screen/CCD prior to bath.

And then the yellow/golden left over goodness that I can enjoy at a later time. The longer I wait the more potent it can get.

QnQtfiu.jpg

I use 2 different containers one for the bodies and one for the condensers. The 1oz container keeps the body nice and snug once you close it and I do shake it once or twice. Very easy to do and worth the effort! IMHO.

I've yet to try the new tubes but am looking forward to it.

Last edited:

Elbuort19

Maintenance mode...:bang:

Anyone else have their order cancelled? Upon checking my spam folder just now I see an email from Dynavap sent on the 4th so I get excited thinking my Omnivap had shipped but the 1st line reads "It appears you’ve cancelled your order with Dynavap."...Huh??? How does that happen after I received an order confirmation email? Lost a day to maintenance mode and now looks like another 3 days minimum to this provided I can get in contact with someone tomorrow. I think I posted elsewhere that my Father used to say, "If it wasn't for bad luck we wouldn't have any at all." lol

Elbuort19,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Back to the q-tip thing, how about using pipe cleaners?

They would seem to be a bit smaller, and less prone to falling apart.

They would work even better I expect. I cheaped out buying a pack of cotton buds that are too small & the stem is too weak to use in my ears. They are perfect for the Ti though. One will fit in the condenser, two in the bottom of the tip & three in the herb chamber. Considering I paid $2 for 500 of them I don't exactly care how many I use. I mostly use pure acetone to clean my Ti (dip the tip & swab) but never get it near the O rings or I use 99% Iso.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
A flame will take about 20 seconds to heat the cap which does seem to be an unbelievably long wait when you're used to a jet lighter.

It gives me comfort to know that if I am capable of making fire, all is well in the world.

I do occasionally use a candle. It is a nice relaxing approach in the right setting. Most of the time I use a single jet though.

Bath, candles, vapcap, just sayin' :)

stark1

Lonesome Planet
The idea of a spinning mouthpiece is appealing; in applying the "proof of concept"however, I find it a little awkward.

Am I a klutz, would someone please clue me in? :ugh:

stark1,
Top Bottom