Baron23

Do you still have the clip from your omni? You might be able to stop it falling back towards the condenser with 1 clip but the OG uses 2 clips, one either side of the screen
Ah....my OGs come with a Ti CCD and there ain't no spring clips in it at all much less two of them. Perhaps when they were shipping OGs with ceramic screens, prior to Ti CCD, they had clips??

In the Ti tips, my experience is that they ship with the ceramic screen (which needs to go NOW, George) and the ceramic screen is held in by a single clip.

Personally, I wouldn't do a damn thing with the ceramic screen (except perhaps fling in the trash) and would ask DynaVap to sell/give you another Ti CCD to go back into your OG.

I have Ti CCDs that I have fitted to my Ti tips with the spring clips and of course OGs with the Ti CCD without spring clips cause they are not needed in that stem.

Hope this was helpful.

Cheers

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Torch Talk:

So my inline tripple lighter failed. :( So picked up a cheapie while I await my other cheepies to arrive from China...
The lighter I picked up has the three jets in a triangular shape, rather than inline, and it works great!
images

Technique: When heating my VapCap, I position the triangle so that two of the jets are inline heating the lower portion of the cap at approx the V level, and the remaining single jet heating farther up the cap near the clicker end.

This seems to give me a great even heating at click without taking her to char the herb.

(With my triple inline, when I faced it sideways and all three were heating the V area of the cap, got some scorchers and a combustion event... Fuck Combustion!)

So, Two Jets heating the V, and one further up, makes my VapCap perform tip top! :rockon:
So I got my single jet torches. Thanks @t-dub for recommending. (though I don't recall in what thread it was mentioned, maybe this one?). Definitely worth the $3!!!!

Now to the trial and ERROR on my part!!!
Tried heating the V level of the cap with it. Took a little longer than normal to click. Then draw and CHARRED! Damn! :doh:
I need to move up on the cap more to locate the "single jet torch sweet spot"...

Scuze me while I go meditate and clean myself of this char taste! :ugh:

Squiby

So I've decided to get a 14mm wong, but I wanted to ask those who have had TI woodies since the beginning, is there a significant difference between the new tips or caps? I have one from the very beginning of the crowdfunding campaign, it is a much darker grey color than the new tips. Is there a difference between the new and old caps other than the awesome ingravings?

Trying to decide between just ordering the wood part, and ordering a whole new vapcap.

Well, the easier answer is that you cannot have too many Vapcaps! :nod:

There have been a few tip iterations over the last year. I think the caps evolved slightly as George has procured more efficient equipment as well, though not as noticeably as the tip design.

My first Vapcaps were part of the crowd funding but I think there were tips that were shipped with an earlier design than mine that were also part of the crowd funding. The first tips had thicker and fewer fins.

Can you post a picture of your tip and cap so we can determine where in the evolution timeline your tip resides?

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Tried heating the V level of the cap with it. Took a little longer than normal to click. Then draw and CHARRED! Damn! :doh:

I've had the same ongoing occurrence with my ti woody since last March, however a bit better luck with the OG.

I respect the click....it just doesn't respect ME!

Seriously, I have to wonder whether all caps are created equal? To be honest, I really think the "clicking mechanism" is just not perfected yet and still needs to demonstrate a higher consistency from one user to another. Finding the "right" torch, or heating on the "P" rather than "C", or whatever "secret technique" one may attempt to develop just isn't good enough to claim true user friendliness, at least to my way of thinking. :myday:

Last edited:

Joaon

The engraved caps are fantastic! Did you request a specific engraving or were there a few designs to choose from?

Neither :cool:
We were exchanging some mails with George about the order; I told him that the Om/Lotus engraving that Marduk enquire was beautiful and sent him a second design, more complex, just for them to have fun and test their laser limits.

George kindly sent caps either with the complex one, and Marduk one ! :bowdown::rockon::tup:

Your burly body is beautiful, and I don't say that to just anyone!
Yep, I know :luv:

Just a little annoyed with the wood engraving, which seems misplaced :shrug:
FU4taEd.jpg

But you know, just OCD ..

:ninja:

Jethro

Wow, reading some of the last pages is funny, like the worship of the vapcap! It's like a new religion! Lolololol don't mind me, I'm lit as shit off a few bowls in my OG through the D020d bubbler. Loving it, best vape ever.

I'm embarrassed I am asking this question, months after owning it and years of vaping experience... it's probably talked about in this thread 100 times... is this a convection vape or conduction?

Sorry for the dumb question hahahaha

natural farmer

Wow, reading some of the last pages is funny, like the worship of the vapcap! It's like a new religion! Lolololol don't mind me, I'm lit as shit off a few bowls in my OG through the D020d bubbler. Loving it, best vape ever.

I'm embarrassed I am asking this question, months after owning it and years of vaping experience... it's probably talked about in this thread 100 times... is this a convection vape or conduction?

Sorry for the dumb question hahahaha

IT'S ACTUALLY MAGIC!

virtualpurple

Guys I'm preparing to place another order with George. I need to get a replacement glass body and some new o rings for my omnivap and am considering getting an OG or to glassy backup. Any thoughts on which is the better buy?

Having trouble determining the best configuration that will allow me to swap bodies, pair with bubblers, etc. I know someone had a neat chart but I can't seem to find it (totally operator error. Long shift last night!)

Also, are the CCD screens people are referring to the screens that come in the OG? I had bought an OG for my roommate and noticed his screen is different than my omni. Does the OG screen keep small pieces of herb or dust from entering the body better than the simple perforated screen in the Omni?

Also, does anyone have a non-torch method for heating the caps they can share? I have tried my EVO but I put it in at a lower temperature than the highest for evo and missed the click while distracted. When I panicked and pulled it several of my o-rings were toast.

I also don't prefer the evo because I tried to clean with a pipe cleaner without realizing how hot the oven was still and it melted inside (wasn't my finest night), I'm nervous about there being residual residue that I can't quite get out with a sturdy bristle brush. Plus the evo makes the body so hot it's uncomfortable to try and feather after heating.

I am much more careful now but would love an easy option to heat the evo on the go when a torch isn't available. I saw someone make a coil for an ecig mod box but I have no idea how to do that sort of thing! Sorry for the long posts folks, I guess I forget how many questions I build up!

Joaon

does anyone have a non-torch method for heating the caps
Actually using only Bic and candles. Haven't tested torch yet, but candles are gonna to be main driver at home, for sure!

are the CCD screens people are referring to the screens that come in the OG
Yep !
JEPPtiN.jpg

Having trouble determining the best configuration that will allow me to swap bodies, pair with bubblers, etc.

Ahem .. :ninja:
w522uSn.jpg

14mm Ti Vong S Burl - exotic mouthpiece / Laser engraved caps :luv:

:peace:

Squiby

Having trouble determining the best configuration that will allow me to swap bodies, pair with bubblers, etc. I know someone had a neat chart but I can't seem to find it (totally operator error. Long shift last night!)

The OG is the glass bodied/tip vapcap and comes with a glass condenser and fat mouthpiece. It has limited modular potential but can be upgraded with a stainless steel condenser and wood mouthpiece to become a Vapcap S.

I think that the Ti Glassy as a better deal because it has more modular options available to it with its titanium tip and stainless steel condenser. These two components are more durable than the glass OG counterparts and they allow you to expand your Vapcap collection with all the other modular components like VonGs, stems, bodies and condensers.

@Copacetic created a wonderful drawing of the various configurations. Is this what you are looking for?

jlP1SCN.jpg

Here is a post that explains the parts and how they fit together.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-222#post-1002885

Also, are the CCD screens people are referring to the screens that come in the OG? I had bought an OG for my roommate and noticed his screen is different than my omni. Does the OG screen keep small pieces of herb or dust from entering the body better than the simple perforated screen in the Omni?

Yes. I haven't tried the CCD screens yet and will include some in my next order, but the reports so far have been very positive. Right now I use the titanium screens and the stock ceramic screens. I make a degummed hemp fiber disc to act as a filter. It effectively keeps all particles out of the airpath and keeps your condenser clean.

is this a convection vape or conduction?

Both. The heated bowl creates vapor through conduction as does the heated air, convection, that passes between the heated cap and the groves in the ti tip.

pocketed

that [air] passes between the heated cap and the grooves in the ti tip.

Does this happen in the OG as well? I'm assuming it does as you get airflow when the air hole is closed.

I wonder if you could increase the convection effect by drilling a hole in the side of the cap near the clicker end? I don't have a spare cap to try it with though. Not that I'm sure I would if I did. :) Heating may be problematic though.

Cheers

Over and out before I start rambling to much.:)

pocketed,
Reactions: Squiby

virtualpurple

Actually using only Bic and candles. Haven't tested torch yet, but candles are gonna to be main driver at home, for sure!

Yep !
JEPPtiN.jpg

Ahem .. :ninja:

:peace:

The OG is the glass bodied/tip vapcap and comes with a glass condenser and fat mouthpiece. It has limited modular potential but can be upgraded with a stainless steel condenser and wood mouthpiece to become a Vapcap S.

I think that the Ti Glassy as a better deal because it has more modular options available to it with its titanium tip and stainless steel condenser. These two components are more durable than the glass OG counterparts and they allow you to expand your Vapcap collection with all the other modular components like VonGs, stems, bodies and condensers.

@Copacetic created a wonderful drawing of the various configurations. Is this what you are looking for?

jlP1SCN.jpg

Here is a post that explains the parts and how they fit together.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-222#post-1002885

Yes. I haven't tried the CCD screens yet and will include some in my next order, but the reports so far have been very positive. Right now I use the titanium screens and the stock ceramic screens. I make a degummed hemp fiber disc to act as a filter. It effectively keeps all particles out of the airpath and keeps your condenser clean.

Both. The heated bowl creates vapor through conduction as does the heated air, convection, that passes between the heated cap and the groves in the ti tip.

Thanks to both of you for your responses! You guys both nailed what I was after and I appreciate your help!

natural farmer

Does this happen in the OG as well? I'm assuming it does as you get airflow when the air hole is closed.

I wonder if you could increase the convection effect by drilling a hole in the side of the cap near the clicker end? I don't have a spare cap to try it with though. Not that I'm sure I would if I did. :) Heating may be problematic though.

Cheers

Over and out before I start rambling to much.:)
I think that just drilling a hole would just dilute the vapor and possibly mess with vapor production. More grooves that start lower just like the ones already exist might prove to be the solution and that's the reason for the helix tip George is already testing... Air needs to be preheated to help with convective vapor production.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
I've had the same ongoing occurrence with my ti woody since last March, however a bit better luck with the OG.

I respect the click....it just doesn't respect ME!

Seriously, I have to wonder whether all caps are created equal? To be honest, I really think the "clicking mechanism" is just not perfected yet and still needs to demonstrate a higher consistency from one user to another. Finding the "right" torch, or heating on the "P" rather than "C", or whatever "secret technique" one may attempt to develop just isn't good enough to claim true user friendliness, at least to my way of thinking. :myday:

Contact @VapCap and explain your problem, maybe you need a new cap?
I have 4 caps, none of them behave like this, and I've noticed almost no reports of this kind of behaviour in the thread, so it sounds unusual to me :shrug:

........ is this a convection vape or conduction?.....
I agree with Squiby, it's both, more conduction than convection IMO, but definitely both.

I have an Inhalater 05, and a Flowermate FM3 air which are both decent hybrid conv'/cond' vapes, but my VapCaps beat both without breaking a sweat.
Neither gets any use at all now (they are going to good homes though, as they're both decent vapes which will help my friends FC, just not comparable to the VC)

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I've attached my OG's cap to where the charcoal would go on my Okin. I'm pretty sure I've found the sweet spot for heating the Okin's load chamber from the outside, the Vapcap's cap being a pretty good heat temp indicator.

Havent combusted (yet), instant big tasty clouds, beautiful long wooden Okin stem and an increase in chamber size. Less draw resistance is working for me too. No messy charcoal (apologies to Dan ;) )! Its now a pretty neat conduction based Vokin!

The vapcap truly is a marvelous, versatile device!

EDIT: NOT RECOMMENDED. Heating the Okin load chamber could very easily ruin the Okin's prongs and its just not worth it! Thanks to Dan, creator of the Okin, for the info.

Last edited:

Squiby

I wonder if you could increase the convection effect by drilling a hole in the side of the cap near the clicker end?

I agree with @natural farmer , the heated air if increased, still needs to pass between the cap and bowl via deeper or additional grooves in the cap. Other than refining the cooling fins, the bowl grooves are the primary improvement now being made. The double helix isn't just sexy, it improves the convection to conduction ratio.

@Tommy10 tried drilling into a cap in the early days. if I remember correctly it was a fail. In the name of science he sacrificed his cap. :bowdown:May we all observe a moment of non vaping in Tommy 10 name.

Last edited:

Tony Timeless

Hi guys,

I just wanted to give a little update after reporting that I struggled somehow with my Ti Woody.

I am lucky that I've had no more combustion happening since then and I am able to clear a cap within 3 heating cycles - when I inhale natively / dry.

I've read several pages back on this thread and I would say I know basically all I need to know when it comes to heating techniques or inhaling techniques.

But, still , I am really struggling and I hope maybe got some ideas for me, here?

The ABV comes out nice evenly brown, but I simply feel that I could get out of this vape WAY more.

I tried out how the Woody would perform with my water pipe so I loaded a small amount, but here also: I get vapor, yes, but I am miles away from milking my bubbler, like (for example) my Evo or the GH does.
I saw several videos of vapcaps milking bubblers - or when used natively: vapor-production like if the person was smoking on an e-cigarette with liquid.

Don't get me wrong please:
I really like this little thing. I already LOVE the company - i got a private message answering one of my questions concerning cleaning - how great CS is that?
And i would love to upgrade my Woody to maybe a Woody S or even buy an omnivap .. BUT as long as I am struggling that much I am on the fence a little now.

Could anyone chime in and help me out here ?

What are possible reasons that I am NOT getting thick enough vapor production?
I am using a single flame torch (the Vapman original torch) , I tried several grind consistencies. And right now I am having some nice Pineapple Kush buds. They have been harvested not that long ago and will get better with some time curing that's for sure, but the Evo for example gives me huge clouds with this herb, so I can except the herb being the reason for this weak vapor production. So therefore it must be my heating technique I guess but no matter how I try I don't get the bubbler milking. And therefore it is unfortunately not satisfying for me at the moment. Also dry- as i said, there is vapor, yes. But the hits feel light and I don't get that much of an effect out of it :(

Aezhenn

Accessory Maker
Also dry- as i said, there is vapor, yes. But the hits feel light and I don't get that much of an effect out of it :(
I've got the same feeling as @Tony Timeless: I like the VapCap for the way to use it, the flavor, even the way to handle it, I really like the look of my woody, all is great... BUT... I don't manage to get where I want to be. :\ (With the same quantity, I'm done with my solo or my Lotus...) I guess I'm doing something wrong, but what? I try with a single torch, a triple torch, nothing really changes...

Aezhenn,

lookhigh

FC member
Are you stopping on the click? I push the limits on the omni by first heating 3 seconds past the click. second time 2 seconds past the click and 1 second on the last. This produces passive clouds for me. for a more reasonable vape and comfort respect the click. Try going slightly past the click for your first try.

Baron23

Hi guys,

I just wanted to give a little update after reporting that I struggled somehow with my Ti Woody.

I am lucky that I've had no more combustion happening since then and I am able to clear a cap within 3 heating cycles - when I inhale natively / dry.

I've read several pages back on this thread and I would say I know basically all I need to know when it comes to heating techniques or inhaling techniques.

But, still , I am really struggling and I hope maybe got some ideas for me, here?

The ABV comes out nice evenly brown, but I simply feel that I could get out of this vape WAY more.

I tried out how the Woody would perform with my water pipe so I loaded a small amount, but here also: I get vapor, yes, but I am miles away from milking my bubbler, like (for example) my Evo or the GH does.
I saw several videos of vapcaps milking bubblers - or when used natively: vapor-production like if the person was smoking on an e-cigarette with liquid.

Don't get me wrong please:
I really like this little thing. I already LOVE the company - i got a private message answering one of my questions concerning cleaning - how great CS is that?
And i would love to upgrade my Woody to maybe a Woody S or even buy an omnivap .. BUT as long as I am struggling that much I am on the fence a little now.

Could anyone chime in and help me out here ?

What are possible reasons that I am NOT getting thick enough vapor production?
I am using a single flame torch (the Vapman original torch) , I tried several grind consistencies. And right now I am having some nice Pineapple Kush buds. They have been harvested not that long ago and will get better with some time curing that's for sure, but the Evo for example gives me huge clouds with this herb, so I can except the herb being the reason for this weak vapor production. So therefore it must be my heating technique I guess but no matter how I try I don't get the bubbler milking. And therefore it is unfortunately not satisfying for me at the moment. Also dry- as i said, there is vapor, yes. But the hits feel light and I don't get that much of an effect out of it :(

Wow, I don't think I can help you, mate. I have found with my glass OG I get great vapor production and extract a full load in three draws and all is well. With my Ti Woody, the AVB gets dark (even darker than the OG after three cycles) but the vapor I get isn't nearly as thick.

I "think" I extract the goodies just as well with the Ti Woody....the AVB is dark and there's nothing in it...but I don't get quite the same experience.

In fairness, I tend to default to my OG because its a CHAMP of a vape and need to experiment a bit more with Ti tip.

I do absolutely believe that my OG extracts as efficiently as any vape I have owned. 50 milligrams max per load, three draws per load, one load and I'm pretty good...two loads and I'm ready for bed! LOL

Sorry, that's all I have to offer.

Kaurelz

I do absolutely believe that my OG extracts as efficiently as any vape I have owned. 50 milligrams max per load, three draws per load, one load and I'm pretty good...two loads and I'm ready for bed! LOL

With my OG on his way, that's exactly what i'm looking for :drool:

Kaurelz,

Aezhenn

Accessory Maker
Are you stopping on the click? I push the limits on the omni by first heating 3 seconds past the click. second time 2 seconds past the click and 1 second on the last.
Thanks @lookhigh , I will try your method! I have to say I can blow huge clouds if I heat the VC enough... My issue is really an efficiency. I will try to see if your modus operandi can solve it! :)

Top Bottom