EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
A single flame lighter requires a different technique than when using a multiple jet lighter.

When I use a double, triple or quad lighter, I can aim steady near the bottom, then top, as I progress through the heating cycles. It is the easier technique as only the hand holding the Vapcap needs to move, twirling the Vapcap as the cap is heated.

However, the single jet works best for me if I move flame back and forth between the N and the V for the first cycle. Then for the next cycle I move the flame between the D and the N. I never hold the flame steady on one particular spot as I twirl the Vapcap when using a single flame as this overheats the bowl. Using a single jet requires coordination and movement from both hands; twirl the Vapcap while moving the flame back and forth over a portion of the cap. :2c:

I see! Interesting. Im using a single flame torch, the one that originally came with Triihouse's Lily

Baron23

Hey,
nice that you mention these differences. Interesting read, but this leads me to a (maybe silly) question, but does the VC function the opposite way as many other vapes when it comes to heat? Let me clarify: usually you tend to raise the temperature at the end of a bowl to fully extract, aren't you?

I ask because I am still trying to figure out a way which works for me - just thought I had get the hang on it, but then combustion again. It really starts to frustrate me - because i still cannot find the reason why. :(
I stick with the click and recommend it to all. There is no raising or lowering heat, just simply no combustion. Yes, I know that there are some who count seconds past the click and vape that way, but I have combusted twice in the few months I have been using VC's regularly and it sucks and I have not found going past the click to be necessary to fully extract a load, in either my OG or my Ti Woody. If I do go past the click, its perhaps with my Ti on the first cycle really no more that half a second....really just being a bit slower to cut it off it after the click than a purposeful or significant extending of the heat time.

Combustion out of a VC sucks badly. Been there and don't want to again.

Alexis

Hey,
nice that you mention these differences. Interesting read, but this leads me to a (maybe silly) question, but does the VC function the opposite way as many other vapes when it comes to heat? Let me clarify: usually you tend to raise the temperature at the end of a bowl to fully extract, aren't you?

I ask because I am still trying to figure out a way which works for me - just thought I had get the hang on it, but then combustion again. It really starts to frustrate me - because i still cannot find the reason why. :(
I have combusted twice now in past week. The first time wasn't really full combustion, I didnt rush to soak everything. But the bubbler ater did smell loke bong water though.
It happened because I didnt react to the click immediately as music was playing.
It was only a second and a half maybe at most, but for the first 2 weeks I had respected the click always and never got close to combustion.

Then on Saturday I properly combusted and the apparatus was stinky and had to be iso soaked overnight.
Damn that was some nasty smelling iso when I tipped it away. Like "cologne of bong water".
Its all good and new now. Anyway, I basically didnt wait for the cool down click before reheating, for the first time yet.

I heated initially and inhaled, but didnt get any vapor. I was distracted also talking to a friend.
I backed out of the pull, realising I had underheated it and was waiting to go again. But I forgot about the cool down click, as it was already cool to me. I realised quickly but it was too late.

A nasty smell I didnt even contemplate inhaling, just waited for it to cool down. It took over 2 minutes to click as well.

So basically, I have combusted 2 times. Once by reacting to the click too late, and the other by not waiting for the cool down click.
Since cleaning the Omnivap and being without it, I dont want to combust again, so I was a bit shy I guess. But then I pointed the above out to myself.

So stick to those 2 rules for a start. Obviously the more you heat by the bottom of the cap, especially as the load goes on (and gets warmer, drier, easier to ignite), the higher the chance of combustion, even if you respect the 2 golden rules.

This is why you give it more heat at the beginning, it takes more temperature to get the load up to vaporisation templs. But then less as it dries and warms.
Think of setting hay alight, much easier if it is dry. This is why most people start heatimg at the bottom and less with following heat cycles.
The vapcap probably extracts the majority of compounds across a broad range of boiling points without burning them up.
I believe this is the principle of many vaporizers beginning on lower temps, to extract more of those specific compounds without evaporatiing them too quickly.

Just thought, the Vapcap may destroy some terpenes which are low temp and another big reason for starting at low temps. This would accoint for the Vapcap not being the best tasting vapor.

Another factor I think may be the lighter distance to cap. I think if you get it really close, the heat gets through to the material more powerfully. Anyway I swear flame distence may be involved. I avoid touvhing the cap with the inner blue flame. If I dont seem to be getting good hits, I often put the cap closer to the inner blue flame to get better hits.

Last edited:

Dynalowrider

Ok, let's stop and look at what is required to vaporize, (short of a "Flash Gordon" ray gun".
Heat, a place to hold the herb, a way to extract the vapor from the herb.
The VapCap cap surrounds the "bowl", which holds the herb. The cap has a heat sensitive disk in it for notify you when a certain temp is reached.
When you heat the cap, it heats the bowl. The ti-tip sinks the heat away from the cap. If you sink the heat away from the cap, the ti-tip retains some of the heat after the cap clicks. Heat the cap again, it raises the temp in the ti-tip back to the heat-click temp. take a rip and the ti-tip, (which holds the herb) realises vapor from the herb. Cools the ti-tip but not the cap as much. Rinse-repeat. Never mind the rinse.
I know you all know this. Now stop and think about this. If you heat something, take away the heat, heat something, take away the heat, you cook it. not vaporize it. A chart of the temp of the herb would look like a roller coaster. If you sink heat away from the cap, (ti-tip retains some heat), heat it to heat-click and you maintain the vaping temp.
I know this is a lousy way to explain this, but try this the next time you cook something. Turn on the heat, (heat it up), now turn it off, (let it cool part way), now heat it, now turn it off, now heat it. now turn it off. See what I mean?
If you heat sink the cap between rips, the temp stays more even. As a side benefit, it makes it very hard to combust because you listen for the cool-click.
I'm not going to get into the condenser of this thing. I'll leave that to the vaporist among you. I just know about the Laws of Thermodynamics. I worked fifteen years making heat-sinks for computer chips.
No one can tell you how to enjoy this vape, you gotta try it all by yourself. Doc

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
However, the single jet works best for me if I move flame back and forth between the N and the V for the first cycle. Then for the next cycle I move the flame between the D and the N. I never hold the flame steady on one particular spot as I twirl the Vapcap when using a single flame as this overheats the bowl. Using a single jet requires coordination and movement from both hands; twirl the Vapcap while moving the flame back and forth over a portion of the cap. :2c:

How often are you stirring? Are you using ground, hand shredded, or whole material? To me It seems like the further down the cap I heat, the longer it takes with the single torch and that's what ends up overheating my bowl? That's what's lead me closer to the top of the cap, but I might just be a little timid from combusting the other day. :uhoh:
Maybe I'll grab an ABV pic.
I'm having serious lighter issues though too which is probably why, my flame size keeps changing, yet this thing won't even ignite on anything less than max butane setting? Might go this morning to look for something different, should I look at a double or a triple? Or maybe just a more powerful single? The old single jet I had seemed a lot more powerful.

marduk

daydreamer
A cool pic of a heat-anodized OmniVap from r/vaporents:

cgug9n55p8tx.jpg

Chose

How often are you stirring? Are you using ground, hand shredded, or whole material? To me It seems like the further down the cap I heat, the longer it takes with the single torch and that's what ends up overheating my bowl? That's what's lead me closer to the top of the cap, but I might just be a little timid from combusting the other day. :uhoh:
Maybe I'll grab an ABV pic.
I'm having serious lighter issues though too which is probably why, my flame size keeps changing, yet this thing won't even ignite on anything less than max butane setting? Might go this morning to look for something different, should I look at a double or a triple? Or maybe just a more powerful single? The old single jet I had seemed a lot more powerful.
Yes I have a shit lighter to single flme £1.59 bag of crap
It's the only one I could find in my local shops
A few years ago every corner shop used to sell them but now there nowere to be found you ask the shop owner and they look at you like your a rock head I've orderd a double flame on line but didn't pay any attention to delivery date after a few days I checked the order and estamated delivery is 6 weeks it must be coming from china or something fucking amazon shit
I've found some cigar shops online but there lighters are more money than the woody costs

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Torch Talk:

So my inline tripple lighter failed. :( So picked up a cheapie while I await my other cheepies to arrive from China...
The lighter I picked up has the three jets in a triangular shape, rather than inline, and it works great!
images

Technique: When heating my VapCap, I position the triangle so that two of the jets are inline heating the lower portion of the cap at approx the V level, and the remaining single jet heating farther up the cap near the clicker end.

This seems to give me a great even heating at click without taking her to char the herb.

(With my triple inline, when I faced it sideways and all three were heating the V area of the cap, got some scorchers and a combustion event... Fuck Combustion!)

So, Two Jets heating the V, and one further up, makes my VapCap perform tip top! :rockon:

Chose

I'm thinking of getting a cooks blow torch I mainly vape at home so portability isn't a problem any body use these
Any good or overkill ???

Chose,

StormG94

Forever a student
@Chose I don't know about those heavy duty lighters, I feel like it might heat it too fast and cause combustion by the time the click occurs, but that's just my opinion without having used one. If portability isn't an issue, I've seen a nice table top torch, recommended I think by @Dynalowrider. I believe it's called a Vector-KGM Pyramid lighter, and from the people who own one it seems that it was made for the vapcap!

VAPEHUNTER

When I use my OG Vapcap I like to use a triple torch but when using my Blackwood/ Carbon Fiber I prefer my single torch. How does everyone carry their Vapcap. I have a Beta Dynastash but I rarely use it.
I've had my Carbon Fiber Vapcap for a while now and I finally received my "case" for it.
a08qJrI.jpg

The only problem is the case is a few mm to small for the Vapcap to fit properly. So after a little work with Mr.27/64ths drill bit I was able to get it to work just right. I also had to remove most of the threads on one end cap and all of the threads on the other.

eblfxxk.jpg

5B8nZ3L.jpg

LpKPPQk.jpg

dOoiCkT.jpg

Baron23

I'm thinking of getting a cooks blow torch I mainly vape at home so portability isn't a problem any body use these
Any good or overkill ???
Overkill I should think. I would worry about overheating the clicker and screwing it up...it can be done if you overheat enough.

Multi-flame cigar lighters on UK Amazon. Not nearly the selection of Chinese torch lighters we have on USA Amazon, but still some reasonable three flame torch lighters

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_s...ywords=cigar+lighers&rh=i:aps,k:cigar+lighers

Kalessin

@VapCap or anyone else who might already have asked this, any idea what the lifespan on one of the heating caps would end up being? I'm assuming they will eventually wear out with repeated heatings, yeah? Not that I figure it'll be much of an issue, just something I was wondering about

Squiby

How often are you stirring? Are you using ground, hand shredded, or whole material? To me It seems like the further down the cap I heat, the longer it takes with the single torch and that's what ends up overheating my bowl? That's what's lead me closer to the top of the cap, but I might just be a little timid from combusting the other day

I have never combusted using my Vapcaps. I always respect the click and I always start heating a load near the bottom to middle of the cap and move up the cap with each heating cycle. I do not grind my bud, rather I pull a little big from a bud and just pop the whole thing in there without breaking it up any further. I do not stir and I heat each load three times before emptying it into the AVB jar. My bud is kept in jars with 62% Boveda packs.

The cap has two circular metal discs contained within the tip. When these discs get hot enough, they buckle, creating a clicking sound. The second disc is there for back up. That is why you might hear a second click after the first click. It is a redundant backup feature.

If you heat your cap near the digger outter, it will take longer to heat the cap tip discs to temperature, so you will heat your bowl to a higher temperature. If you heat closer to the tip you will click sooner and achieve cooler temps. If you are combusting you are either, not respecting the click or heating too low on the cap with possibly too high a flame. Try moving a bit higher with a lower flame.

I am able to achieve an even toke with toasty colored ABV when I start out lower on the cap and progressively heat closer to the tip.

Regardless of the number of jets on my lighter, I always maintain a short inner flame, maybe an inch long at most. The inner flame comes just up to the cap but never engulfs it. As I mentioned earlier, when using a single jet I also move the flame back and forth over a section of the cap as I twirl the VC in the other hand.

should I look at a double or a triple? Or maybe just a more powerful single? The old single jet I had seemed a lot more powerful.

I have singles, doubles and quad lighters. They all work great. The multiple jets are easier from a coordination perspective because the flame of a double, triple or quad cover a section of the cap so you don't need to move your lighter flame back and forth over a section of the cap like you do with the single jets. The multiple jets also heat the cap quicker.

I have the Dynavap quad lighter which is very good and I also have a bunch of cheap Honest brand lighters from eBay and extreme deal. I like to have a few laying around as the lighters sometime fail. It's great to have back ups. In a pinch I use a candle which works as well but it is a more relaxed longer road to the click than any of the jet lighters. If you use a candle hold the VC above the flame to avoid suet buildup.

Any good or overkill ???

WAY overkill. :2c:

How does everyone carry their Vapcap.

I have a couple of Dynavap stashes. The Wenge DynastashER comes out with me and the Burl Raw Edge stays home looking pretty.

5Cvxqu7.jpg

XM58poe.jpg

I also have a tobacco pouch that I favour. It holds the VC, a dube tube of flower and a lighter. It's nice soft leather and it keeps everything together. It is however at least twice the size of the Dynastash.

F1aSgNe.jpg
NT8pfUC.jpg

Last edited:

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Any good or overkill ???

I do use a big one without any inconvenience, a dremel versaflame.

It works very good, you can set the flame as little as a single flame or bigger as you wish.

If you do not apply flame too close it will work very nice and you have to fill the gas very rarely.

The key to me is to keep distance between flame and cap, leaving only the outer, less bright flame touch the cap and this is true for a big cooking torch, a quadriflame or a small single flame torch.

pocketed

I don't grind my weed, ever. I just tear a small bit from a bud and pop it in there. Easy peasy, no grinder required.

I tried this a few times with my OG. When the load was done, I crumbled the AVB and found the interior of the load wasn't as well done as I'd like. More heating may have lead to combustion given how well done some bits were.

Is there anything you do to ensure the load is evenly cooked? I've read your recent posts about how you heat. Maybe it's the TI tip difference?

pocketed,
Reactions: Alexis

Squiby

Is there anything you do to ensure the load is evenly cooked? I've read your recent posts about how you heat. Maybe it's the TI tip difference?

I vape all day, every couple of hours, every day. I'm retired so it's OK for me to be medicated most of the time. However, I microdose. My Vapcap bowl, even with a degummed hemp pad in there is never filled to capacity. I tear a tiny nug off a flower and vape it.

I bet if you are breaking off a full bowl sized chunk, you may need to break it up a bit first. I don't know because I never vape that much at a time...or I should say that I haven't done that for a very long time.

I can be where I want to stay on a very small amount of herb.

pocketed

Ahh, thanks @Squiby. That makes a bit more sense. Now that you mention it again, I remember the microdose part. :)

You're right. I did try a whole bowl nug initially as an experiment. I thought I'd read some posts saying it worked.

I'm having good success with regular grinding so I'll stick with that for the time being and just enjoy.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I have read several times that a vape didn't require grinding. While that has been true more often than not, I usually find even a coarse grind increases performance quite a bit. I get bigger clouds and faster extraction. Flavor drops off faster the more you grind, there's always compromises.

The VapCap is probably my least sensitive vaporizer when it comes to grind size. Even no grind produces nice clouds, however, I find the clouds are bigger with ground material.

I pre-grind my cannabis so I have always have a supply ready to go. I'm almost always using ground material, but occasional as a flavor treat, or if I want to use a strain I haven't ground up yet, I'll pop off a chunk from a nug and stuff it in the Ti tip of my Omni. It works very well indeed. :tup:

DrHermman

Hi guys!!

I just wanted to pass by and tell you all that I still love my TiWoody!! :tup:
I am using it almost everyday... Even more now that my GH has issues... But this one NEVER fails!! :bowdown:

I keep using the hemp fiber "bedding" that @Squiby talks about and that really keeps my condenser clean (except for that beautiful reclaim :cool:).
What I do is, when putting the "bedding" for the first time, I heat-cycle the hemp fiber alone two or three times (blowing thru the vapcap instead of breathing it in) and after that... "let's get the party started!!"
I've found that this limits a lot the flavour that the hemp would give to the vapor during the first cycles if you just started vaping on. :sherlock:

I also use a cheap triple torch I bought in a tobacco store for 3 €, they look the same as the ones @DDave posted a couple pages ago... And it has worked flawlessly since may!!!
I've been also using the same heating technique @DDave described early on, it works great, so check it out if you have a triangular-type triple torch!!

The other little "trick" I use with my TiWoody is one I believe I posted months ago, but as this thread moves so fast, here it goes again:

xn91Ujn.jpg

YD0L7je.jpg

As I hope you can see (specially with the glass slieve) I put the black o-ring in the condenser (the one closer to the tip) just closing a bit the carb-hole.
This allows me to not worry about "feathering it", and it works like a charm. BIG thick clouds every time I use it. :whoa:

I like this because it makes it even easier for friends to use it... And for me it's just one less thing to explain :brow:

Thank you guys for all the really useful input you post here! You are great!! :nod::clap:

Peace!

Edit: BTW @VapCap , I love the new logo and laser!!! I've been thinking of getting a XL Dynastash... But I believe I will have to save some more to add an OG with the new cap :brow:

Last edited:

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
When I use my OG Vapcap I like to use a triple torch but when using my Blackwood/ Carbon Fiber I prefer my single torch. How does everyone carry their Vapcap. I have a Beta Dynastash but I rarely use it.
I've had my Carbon Fiber Vapcap for a while now and I finally received my "case" for it.
a08qJrI.jpg

The only problem is the case is a few mm to small for the Vapcap to fit properly. So after a little work with Mr.27/64ths drill bit I was able to get it to work just right. I also had to remove most of the threads on one end cap and all of the threads on the other.

eblfxxk.jpg

5B8nZ3L.jpg

LpKPPQk.jpg

dOoiCkT.jpg

Wow wow wow, wait a minute....
Nobody's jumping on this post like a crazy vapcaper?

That's a really beautiful carbon case wich you have here!
Completely stunning! The little string and he metal caps fits very well.. . Do you want to induce hearth attack on our fellow vapcaper? :rofl:

Can you tell us where you find this beauty? Then I can jump on it too! :p

Although your Ti tip's length is really short compare to others, is this an older version of the Ti tips, or have you modify this too?

It's alive, IT'S ALIIIIVE! :worms:

Top Bottom