Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I'll have to get in touch with George and get the low-down :) thanks for the help brother!
You're more than welcome. I'm glad I could help you, I've always enjoyed reading your posts. :tup:

EDIT: Also what is the mouthpiece made out of on the ti glassy? What mouthpiece options are available in general?

The omni is completely titanium, including the mouthpiece; except for the condenser tube which is stainless steel, the o-rings, and the ceramic screen.

A lot of people, myself included, have switched to 8mm titanium screens:

http://www.puffitup.com/Flowermate-Titanium-Screens-p/gen.120_scrn-mtl.fm.htm

herbivore21

You're more than welcome. I'm glad I could help you, I've always enjoyed reading your posts. :tup:

The omni is completely titanium, including the mouthpiece; except for the condenser tube which is stainless steel, the o-rings, and the ceramic screen.

Thanks for the kind words and the assistance :)

Ohhh ceramic screen? Got a pic? How come some have switched to ti screens? Is this a case of holes in screen too big or something?

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds

Ohhh ceramic screen? Got a pic? How come some have switched to ti screens? Is this a case of holes in screen too big or something?
I have read posts by people with a Ti woody that said the Ti screen improved airflow. The omni has adjustable airflow and is pretty wide open in my opinion.

I switched simply because the ceramic turns brown and I didn't like looking at it. You can torch it clean but it doesn't last long before you get it dirty again. I've never been a fan of ceramic in the vapor path, it seems to absorb odor too.

Simply personal preference in my case. I love looking into the chamber and seeing the shiny Ti screen, the grungy brown ceramic always made me a little sad inside lol. I would post a picture of it but I dropped it down my sink drain while cleaning.

And George is a step ahead of us as usual with a sweet new Ti screen, it's only in the OG model now but he's tweaking it for the Ti tip. I imagine it will be the default before too long:

GDloKXl.jpg

Baron23

In my case, I found the draw resistance of my Ti Woody to be tighter (too tight) than my OG. you can back the condenser up a bit and away from the screen but that only got me so much.

The Ti screens shown above from puffitup are commonly available and I found them locally. Need to be careful, there is a spring washer...a very thin and small spring washer...that holds the ceramic screen in place and will need to be reused with the Ti screen.

As mentioned, George has a Ti diffuser in the works. I already have it in my OG and love it. He's working on how to secure it in Ti and then we will see that also.

Personally, I went for an OG first to see if I liked it. And oh boy, did I. So I ordered Ti Woody but I'm not worried about gunking up the wood. The vapor never touches the wood. It travels inside the wood body in the condenser tube. I like it but still think my OG works best. I will get an omni when they are generally available. Eh, got to give it a shot.

Cheers

Squiby

Also what is the mouthpiece made out of on the ti glassy? What mouthpiece options are available in general?

Let us keep in mind that I am a no wood in the airpath guy lol

Here is a post showing the mouthpiece options; rubber, glass, wood, titanium.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-216#post-999659

The airpath is glass on the OG Vapcap and the Vapcap S. All other Vapcaps have a Stainless Steel airpath except the Omni, which has a titanium airpath.

The Ti Glassy has the longer midsection glass stem. It does not come with a mouthpiece and has a blunt end. You can add a mp by ordering the XL Condenser with wood mouthpiece.

little maggie

Omni also comes with a glass body- plus a titanium one. I never switched and mine came with the glass on.

herbivore21

Man that Magnum is a very nice one indeed! I really liked the damascus steel too, that looks great!!! There is the matter of the wooden mouthpiece which sadly does not meet my needs! These mouthpieces are interchangeable with the other options right?

@VapCap was most helpful and I will be trying out a few vapcap designs with my favorite hashes very soon! I'll be sure to share my findings here with you guys :D Many thanks to all of you being so helpful and friendly :)

Great vibes on FC today!

@Sand please forgive me?
I saw the wood and had a breakdown!
I'm hyper sensitive to things that touch my lips.
Breaking glass is what I do.
WOOD is very uncivilized in my world.
It's just me?
Definitely not just you brother, you and I are in agreement on this preference! Thankfully we have many options for mouthpieces - now that's civilized ;)

Last edited:

davesmith

Glass Blower
I'm getting to like my og more and more. Ive cut and curled up a SS screen to put inside the chamber so while I'm smoking hash it doesn't clog that rather pretty looking ceramic screen (qnd it keeps the chamber a bit tidier). I'll try and post a pic at some point if anyone's unsure what I mean.

I really didn't like the resistance at first. Ive learnt to 'mouth draw' if I'm going to cover the hole and lung draw if it's open. Seems to work reasonably well.

I'm still on the fence about a ti woody and dynastash. I might just get another og and an er.

This thing really does work well for traditional hash. I never thought I'd find something that can rival my vapman in that regard.

Anyway, happy vaping people

banana_republic

My first Vapcap arrived Banana Land!!

Thank you very much George and Dynavap, and congrats on your project! From my point of view, the simplicity of this vaporizer is amazing. Did some short runs yesterday and could check it works pretty well!!

From the first try it was absolute success. But, my tolerance is quite low and after the 3rd bowl it got me to sleep, as I was still trying to figure out how it works, and it worked so well, I believe now I know how to do it. As simple as possible, I can say. It will be an awesome pick for outdoor missions...

So, I'm officially joining the fun with all you guys :)
Cheers

Baron23

My first Vapcap arrived Banana Land!!

Thank you very much George and Dynavap, and congrats on your project! From my point of view, the simplicity of this vaporizer is amazing. Did some short runs yesterday and could check it works pretty well!!

From the first try it was absolute success. But, my tolerance is quite low and after the 3rd bowl it got me to sleep, as I was still trying to figure out how it works, and it worked so well, I believe now I know how to do it. As simple as possible, I can say. It will be an awesome pick for outdoor missions...

So, I'm officially joining the fun with all you guys :)
Cheers
Great news!! :tup::rockon::clap:

I have been using cannabis for a very long time. Three full loads in a Vapcap and I would be down for the count. Its very efficient, I find.

b0

Cloudy...
Damn, that looks great! This is the product that really ticks all of the boxes for me and is sadly also the one that is not yet available.

I would love a glass unit too, but really prefer to have nothing but glass and ti or ss for this. I want a vapcap for very portable on-the-go hash use. I will never use it for flowers lol. This means major reclaim. I like the ti mouthpiece especially because it will allow for comparatively aggressive cleaning. I do prefer to avoid plastics/polymers where possible as I find they get very funky over time, especially with full melt!

And this is mine:

nHbMadt.jpg

With a beadblasted body :)

Get in the list and wait for it, totally worth it.

clouded vision

Great news!! :tup::rockon::clap:

I have been using cannabis for a very long time. Three full loads in a Vapcap and I would be down for the count. Its very efficient, I find.
Seriously, I have been packing about a hit at a time. Last night I took one, then about 45 minutes later took another one and I was out for the count. When I was combusting recently I would take 5-6 hits at a time and be no where near as high as I was last night.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Guys, the rest of the DynaVap family has arrived, so it was time for a snapshot :love: - some distant relatives came too and joined the crew. OMG. Is this vape heaven..??:o:bowdown::nod: Still trying to focus on one.. it's impossible so enjoy your capable eyeballs rolling:rolleyes::cool:

Now let's get this done.. Keep still and say "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeed" - Thank you! :D
kxG1FAE.jpg

(f.l.t.r. - amboyna xl burly, b&w ebony xl + bocote stash tool on a double garage, double magnet (g2m2) bocote xl DynaStash - Dark grey Ti GH - modyfied wenge stash tool (to be able to adjust torch flame; big thanks to George @VapCap - you nailed it, perfect fit and function), Omni w/ custom body, (Mi in the background) blackwood shorty s w/ some reddish wood mouthpiece standing on a wenge (it's dark brown) g2m2 DS.:ko::rockon:

To everyone out there waiting for their Caps. This is for you :)
Soon you'll be with us!
Looking forward to seeing your pics!!:tup:

Love & peace
:peace:

Last edited:

Dynalowrider

I have been using the Vector Pyramid lighter for a while now. I thought I would tell you about it.
This is an awesome lighter. It has a notch in the cup of the lighter to rest a cigar in to be directly over the flame to pre-light. You just rest the cap in the notch and spin. The angle of the VapCap regulates the amount of flame touches the cap. The cup of the lighter funnels the click towards you so it's hard to miss. It has a fair sized reservoir with a large sight glass, so you don't spend all your time filling it. The flame is easy to adjust with your fingernail. The shape overall is very comfortable in your hand. It does fit in your pocket but it's really a table lighter. When people see you using it they are curious about it.
I love this thing, It has made my experience with my VapCaps more enjoyable.
If you want a high quality lighter to heat up your herb, here it is. Doc
This is the lighter for your vape station.
Go to the top of page 235 this thread to see a picture of the Vector Pyramid.

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Man that Magnum is a very nice one indeed! I really liked the damascus steel too, that looks great!!! There is the matter of the wooden mouthpiece which sadly does not meet my needs!
If I'm not mistaken there is no wood in the actual vapor path. I believe the stainless steel condenser tube goes to the very end of the body, and the wood mouthpiece is like a sleeve that slides over it. So vapor never touches wood, but your lips do. I don't have a unit with a wood mouthpiece so to those of you that do, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not trying to change your mind @herbivore21, I understand we all have our preferences. I really dislike the feel of silicone on my lips so I try to avoid silicone mouthpieces. And I try to avoid ceramic in my vapor path simply for aesthetic reasons.

Squiby

How come some have switched to ti screens? Is this a case of holes in screen too big or something?

The ceramic screens are fine. However, the nature of the material makes them a bit fragile. They are removed from the Ti tip by using the condenser or a chopstick to push through the mouthpiece end of the tip up through the bowl. Some posters have broken their ceramic screens doing this and sought out other options rather than replace the broken screen for more of the same.

@Stevenski to the rescue! He discovered and introduced us to the 8mm titanium concave screen. It fits the Ti tips perfectly. It has more slightly smaller holes and improves the draw. They are not fragile and there is a certain symmetry in using a Ti screen with a Ti tip.

Many of us have purchased them from various sources. Here is a link to an eBay seller, from which I bought mine.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/5x-Titanium-...949935?hash=item2eed22652f:g:S0EAAOSw2ENW8Y8F

You push it in from the cap end and push it out from the mp end, same as the ceramic screen.

Here is a visual comparison between the ti and the ceramic screen.

The Titanium screen is on the left and the original ceramic screen is on the right. There is a pressure clip below that holds the ceramic screen in place and I reinstated it over my titanium screen when I switched.

oi6WOMj.jpg

Last edited:

Eschient

Giga-Dweebess
Have you all seen the magnum shell? I thought my VAS was resolved with the dynavap and milaana. Now I have DAS- dynavap acquisition -
And I want the black and white stem
And...

I thought my husband was going to jump on the shell one while I agonized over the Damascus steel {he's WAY more spendy than I am}. But he just bought a new computer & is happy with combustion and my ABV edibles.

Since this is only my second vape after my glorious workhorse E-nano, I decided to hold back a little and go with something more basic. Then I saw the Ti Burly specials and caved in to a little less basic. For now. You all sounded too enthralled not too, heh.

Squiby

@herbivore21

If a wood mp is a no go for you, there are still a few options that may meet your needs:

The Ti Glassy. Ti tip, 62mm glass stem, SS condenser. Airpath is through the SS condenser. There is no attached profile mp and only glass meets your lips.

The Omnivap. Almost all titanium construction. Ti tip, 45mm Ti body, SS condenser, Ti mp. Airpath is through the condenser. The Ti mp meets your lips.

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@herbivore21

If a wood mp is a no go for you, there are still a few options that may meet your needs:

The Ti Glassy. Ti tip, 62mm glass stem, SS condenser. Airpath is through the SS condenser. There is no attached profile mp and only glass meets your lips.

The Omnivap. All titanium construction. Ti tip, 45mm Ti body, Ti condenser, Ti mp. Airpath is through the Ti condenser. The Ti mp meets your lips.

@Squiby you should change your name to dynavap sales support....

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
OK, I just got word a few days ago that a good FC buddy is passing along a Ti Woody!!! I am beyond stoked :rockon:

That left me with this fantastic little OG vapcap I won't need anymore. So I have a friend that combusts herb but doesn't smoke cigs. The funny thing is she doesn't use bongs, joints, or any of the fun stuff I used to get into... She uses a plain old metal bat Pinch hitter only? Well I used to use the shit out of my dugout and PH back in the day, but come on, there has to be a better way in 2016!
So I will be going over today to donate my OG vapcap to her and teach her how to use it today. She is VERY scared of torches and I had to promise her it would only be more of a "Windproof torch lighter" than the torches she has seen in the past.
I may have to go without a vapcap until the gift arrives but if I can get another friend off of smoking it will be worth it!! I think a little vapcap is a great upgrade to a standard PH, she won't miss combusting a bit after I show her the power of Vapcap Vapor!

Top Bottom