Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Thanks everyone! Sounds like a Ti woody S and smoke buddy are in my very near future:rockon:. My roommates and I thank you greatly :)
I think they will make a fantastic pair. If there is any smell at all it should be minimal and be gone within 5-10 minutes.

There is an air gap between your mouth and the filter, so some vapor does get trapped there and can leak out. I've developed a technique where I keep my mouth on the smoke buddy jr. after my hit, then I inhale through my nose and then exhale into the smoke buddy jr. forcing the excess vapor through the filter.

I have a feeling you are going to love your Ti Woody. I like my OmniVap more and more each day.

Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books
Here is a tip for those who have non working Vertigo lighters, the kind that George and Matt send out. I have several. They crump out no matter what kind of butane I use. I have found, however, that you can pull off the black flame adjustor dewhicky located around the fill spout. Once it is off either adjust as is or, work off the little "breaker" piece that acts to keep the dewhicky from being adjusted further. You will see it...a small plastic bit. Once removed, you can put the adjustor back on.

This worked on all four Vertigo lighters I have. Be careful. New life!!!! No need to undo any screws, but the newly adjustable flame can get fierce! BE CAREFUL.

Teaming,

Gardenerjeff

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@lookhigh all you need to do is squeeze the cap at the digger end so as to deform it slightly, it doesn't take much pressure to make it go out of shape, try a gentle squeeze and repeat until it's holding in place.

@Gardenerjeff I've not got the Vertigo but my Hong Jing needed the same doing to it. As long as you are careful it's an easy job, if you pull to hard the fill nozzle will pull out.
Makes you wonder how many lighters would still be in use if they had been tweaked a bit.

Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books
As noted elsewhere, the caps start out loose.They tighten up once they are heated a few times...you can give yours a slight squeeze. Careful, however, as it can split up the sides. Best to just use the hell out of it until it stays on with no worries. It will happen.

teaming,

Gardenerjeff

PeteSeattle

Dang it. Large O ring down ... the drain. I even had a fine mesh strainer.

Maybe it's been mentioned before that soaking with ISO is a method for cleaning and getting rid of the smell except for soaking o rings. I was out of ISO last night so I dunked everything including the o rings in a tall shot glass of grunge off. Supposed to be safe (on glass) and alcohol free. After the evening things seem to be fine with a hot rinse in a fine mesh screen colander.

We'll see how the o rings stand up but the condensers and the Ti tips were sparking clean.

Anyone else use something else other than ISO?

PeteSeattle,

YungLeaner

That's a fair enough point. I am a fan of the conduction properties of this system but it is just so variable in the method to the madness.

You do realize this is only the beginning. I see Ti in your future. Yes it is a life changing vape.

59275214.jpg
Got so medicated last night that when I logged onto FC Today I had no recollection of making a post. Ordering a wong or vong or whatever they're called ASAP. Need to get rid of my lily first.

Baron23

Maybe it's been mentioned before that soaking with ISO is a method for cleaning and getting rid of the smell except for soaking o rings. I was out of ISO last night so I dunked everything including the o rings in a tall shot glass of grunge off. Supposed to be safe (on glass) and alcohol free. After the evening things seem to be fine with a hot rinse in a fine mesh screen colander.

We'll see how the o rings stand up but the condensers and the Ti tips were sparking clean.

HI Pete - I just use ISO for my OG glass stuff as its small and easy. But I do use Powdered Brewers Wash for my glass and it is fantastic. There is a thread under the Glass forum on this by @t-dub. Should work great on Vapcap glass and metal (its used on SS brewing tanks so...should be fine for steel and Ti).

Still waiting on you to perfect that Cobalt Blue glass body as I do actually want one! LOL

lookhigh

FC member

PBW is great and very safe to use on everything. Dishwasher works too if your feeling lazy

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Evening friends,

I've been mucking about on the torch. Some things I had to toss and others a little more refinement.

This beauty is may favorite out of the bunch
image.jpg

Another angle
image.jpg

And .......... 14mm gong/mouthpiece
image.jpg

Still a little more to work out but it functions! Almost there ... really close.

Very medicated right now testing these things. I'll have to share photos of the others later.

Thanks for looking.
Love the shape, love the color, love that it fits 14mm.

mephisto

Thanks George and Dynavap, got my Paduak Vong and ER stash. I really enjoy the larger body with the Vong. I use a double flame torch and have found that the area from Y through N on the lettering, maybe N through A are the sweet spot for great extraction. This chamber is giant compared to my Ti woody. I can go 4 to 5 rounds 3 hits a piece before its cashed. Still loving the full on Dynavap squint, combustion nostalgia at its finest.

PeteSeattle

Thats interesting because Grunge Off used to be a mix of ISO and d-limonene or orange solvent.
I think you're right. It's orange solvent or so suspended a thicker compound (pg? VG?). Yeah, I won't try that again then. PBW it is. Thanks!

PeteSeattle,
Reactions: t-dub

Squiby

Alright, any discount codes here, it's time I jumped on the vapcap train!

You can purchase the original VapCap for $25 instead of $35 as listed on the website.

http://www.dynavap.com

There is no limit to the number of people you can share this with, or the number of units you or they can buy.

The Referral Number is: 1128

To receive the discount, all someone needs to do is enter this referral number in the space marked Coupon Code during the checkout process.

The Share A Vap event begins at Midnight CST on the night of Sunday, August 21st, and runs until midnight on the night of Sunday, August 28th.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Thanks! I'm still kinda new to this, but if I'm not mistaken, you're saying that most of the odor comes from the exhaled vapor correct? Or is it a combination of the heat up and exhalation?

Sure does slugger. The unit itself is relatively odor free but the deeper you extract (more cycles) the richer the aroma. If you open a window the smell would be gone pretty quickly though.

I use 100% acetone & cotton buds to clean mine if I don't use 99% Iso. Dip both ends of the bud in acetone & push through the condenser, repeat with another 3 or 4 buds. Swab out the Ti tip, remove the screen & rinse with fresh water. Do not use Acetone on the O rings though. A quick dip in Iso is OK but TBH they really don't need much cleaning if any.

Got so medicated last night that when I logged onto FC Today I had no recollection of making a post. Ordering a wong or vong or whatever they're called ASAP. Need to get rid of my lily first.

So it begins. The die is cast & resistance is futile. Congratulations, there will be no buyers remorse.

Alright, any discount codes here, it's time I jumped on the vapcap train!

The OG is currently on sale for only $25 & is the bargain of the century but I think a Ti tipped one will be in your future soon enough. Considering the quality of concentrates you have access to I think you are in for a really pleasant surprise.

herbivore21

Thanks so much everyone :D

Hey is the omnivap out yet? That's the one I really want. Probably a ti glassy too lol.

Is the vendor an FC member btw?

EDIT: Also what is the mouthpiece made out of on the ti glassy? What mouthpiece options are available in general?

Let us keep in mind that I am a no wood in the airpath guy lol

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds

Hey is the omnivap out yet? That's the one I really want. Probably a ti glassy too lol.

Yes, @VapCap is a member and pops in here with regular updates. The OmniVap is technically still only available for pre-order, but there are several out in the wild. @PuffItUp had omnis in stock briefly and I was lucky enough to snag one.

Every one I've seen so far looks different. Here's mine:

4Zm1FcI.jpg

herbivore21

Yes, @VapCap is a member and pops in here with regular updates. The OmniVap is technically still only available for pre-order, but there are several out in the wild. @PuffItUp had omnis in stock briefly and I was lucky enough to snag one.

Every one I've seen so far looks different. Here's mine:

4Zm1FcI.jpg
Damn, that looks great! This is the product that really ticks all of the boxes for me and is sadly also the one that is not yet available.

I would love a glass unit too, but really prefer to have nothing but glass and ti or ss for this. I want a vapcap for very portable on-the-go hash use. I will never use it for flowers lol. This means major reclaim. I like the ti mouthpiece especially because it will allow for comparatively aggressive cleaning. I do prefer to avoid plastics/polymers where possible as I find they get very funky over time, especially with full melt!

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Damn, that looks great! This is the product that really ticks all of the boxes for me and is sadly also the one that is not yet available.

I would love a glass unit too, but really prefer to have nothing but glass and ti or ss for this. I want a vapcap for very portable on-the-go hash use. I will never use it for flowers lol. This means major reclaim. I like the ti mouthpiece especially because it will allow for comparatively aggressive cleaning. I do prefer to avoid plastics/polymers where possible as I find they get very funky over time, especially with full melt!
There is going to be a wait regardless except for the OG glass model. If you like the omni pre-order it now while the price is still $150, it'll be going up to $200 soon.

You might not have to wait too long either with George speeding up production and his new laser. :cool::borg:

herbivore21

There is going to be a wait regardless except for the OG glass model. If you like the omni pre-order it now while the price is still $150, it'll be going up to $200 soon.

You might not have to wait too long either with George speeding up production and his new laser. :cool::borg:
I'll have to get in touch with George and get the low-down :) thanks for the help brother!

ftcs123

EDIT: Also what is the mouthpiece made out of on the ti glassy? What mouthpiece options are available in general?

Let us keep in mind that I am a no wood in the airpath guy lol

Not shipping yet I've got one on order I'm waiting for, last I heard it should be too much longer for the next batch to start shipping.

Top Bottom