Planck

believes in Dog
Do other experienced VapCap owners mess with moving their cap away from the tip, to gain airflow? Since it’s not designed this way, one thought is this could effect torch heating, as the cap is not in its default position, meaning potential for uneven heating.

The other potential issue, does the tip CLICK at the same temperature if it’s slightly away from the end of the load bowl?

Try it, then you will know how it works for you.
No right or wrong way, just your way.

notams

toke down Babylon
Warning: this may turn into a rant.

After extensive use of the new captive cap I understand how it performs and can better express my disappaoinment.

I think the captive cap acts like the low temp cap - AND I DO NOT LIKE THAT.

Here's my theory: The new cap is clever marketing for a dumb public.

George, the one who exerts the most influence on the design and execution, has repeatedly and vociferously advocated to RESPECT THE DAMN CLICK!

When the low temp cap was first introduced on YouTube live it was explained that the low temp cap was George's original design. He changed the cap design to click at a higher temp in response to a market that demanded clouds over flavor. And it still does.

Dynavap tells us over and over to respect the f'ing click. Reviewers, YouTube videos, this forum, other forums, even Retail Josh, and (I think) most users treat the click as an early warning system and not as the stop sign it was designed to be.

Dynavap distracted the Dynaverse with the silly, unnecessary, novelty of this ridiculous "captive" garbage that I frankly don't even give one shit ahout at all. The distraction's purpose was and remains the same - get us talking about the ever-present danger of nuclear hot caps flying into the eyes of orphaned children. Won't someone please think of the children? Did we all juat ignore the fact that the damn thing clicks at a lower temp and is annoying loose and noisy?

This theory implies a marketing conspiracy by Dynavap. I'm using sativa today. So, I'm in a full-on consiracy theory mood

They can't make you people respect the motherf'ing click so, they just lowered the temp where it clicks. Mission accomplished.

What was the mission? Make the user experience as pleasant as possible.

Combustion sucks. The VapCap was designed to eliminate combustion. But, smoke has become an "oops" moment for many Dynavap users. If they blow past the click and occasionally combust with just a shrug of the shoulders and, "oh, well", then why have the click at all?

Dynavap's marketing conspiracy to slip in a low temp cap as the new standard is for our own protection. With the click at a lower temp one gets to have their cake (bragging like a jackass, "I went 9 seconds past the click!") and eat it too (not combust).

They got sick of people blowing past the click and telling everyone else they do it and telling newbies to do it. It became the standard. Every time there's a new batch of users (new M release) they learn from the videos, forums, and other users to "go past the click". This will inevitably result in combustion and a lower user experience. Lower the click temp and... Voila! Happy stupid users ignoring clicks.

How do you retrain the masses? You don't. You just make it harder for the newbies to not combust by lowering the temp where it clicks and not telling them.

Why does piss me off? Because I already have a low temp cap. I love it. And my low temp cap doesn't rattle. This captive thing is basically a loose low tem cap. Fail.

If your cap fell off or was loose - squeeze it. This was, and remains, neither rocket science nor brain surgery. Seriously, was anyone so f'ing stupid they couldn't do that? I gotta deal wirh this new captive POS cap 'cause some moron lacks the ability to squeeze their thumb and index finger?

Why else does it piss me off? Because I haven't left the house in 2 weeks and everything's pissing me off, dammit!

That was cathartic. I feel better. Hope you do. Sorry if you don't. End of rant.

I will be giving my Karmavap recipient their complete Karmavap with an additional low temp cap which I'll explain is "The new standard cap for dummies who think they're badass 'cause they go past the click and dont mind loose caps that rattle".

Ok, now end of rant.

Switching to indica.

Edit: wow! That was long. Sorry. Ignore the old guy yeling.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
@notams That's what I call a rant!

Interesting stuff. Can't say I agree with everything you point out, but I certainly disagree with gifting someone a karmavap that has had a cap change with bad karma. Keep it whole and gift it with love.

These are hard and uncertain times, it's good you are expressing your frustrations, the fuck you thread here on FC might be a more appropriate place though. :peace:

notams

toke down Babylon
@TheThriftDrifter that was an amazing response. Thank you. I needed that

I tend to spiral quickly. I have a pretty advanced neurological disease. Yesterday was pretty bad with some bleedover to this morning. I get hospitalized every few months. The decision was made yesterday that I was better off suffering at home in bed rather than in a hospital under current hospital conditions. ER visit was discussed at length and rejected.

In that light... My wife usually talks me off the edge. But, she needed a caregiver break. Left unattended, rants ensued. Excuses. I know.

Sorry everyone. Spread some bad karma there.

However, I'm still not a fan of that POS.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I'm in for fucking the click. :cool:

Hell, I only suggested the factory do an inspection of the cap fit before shipping and adjust if necessary.
I guess George had better ideas :rolleyes:

TommyDee,
Reactions: Planck

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Warning: this may turn into a rant.

After extensive use of the new captive cap I understand how it performs and can better express my disappaoinment.

I think the captive cap acts like the low temp cap - AND I DO NOT LIKE THAT.

Here's my theory: The new cap is clever marketing for a dumb public.

George, the one who exerts the most influence on the design and execution, has repeatedly and vociferously advocated to RESPECT THE DAMN CLICK!

When the low temp cap was first introduced on YouTube live it was explained that the low temp cap was George's original design. He changed the cap design to click at a higher temp in response to a market that demanded clouds over flavor. And it still does.

Dynavap tells us over and over to respect the f'ing click. Reviewers, YouTube videos, this forum, other forums, even Retail Josh, and (I think) most users treat the click as an early warning system and not as the stop sign it was designed to be.

Dynavap distracted the Dynaverse with the silly, unnecessary, novelty of this ridiculous "captive" garbage that I frankly don't even give one shit ahout at all. The distraction's purpose was and remains the same - get us talking about the ever-present danger of nuclear hot caps flying into the eyes of orphaned children. Won't someone please think of the children? Did we all juat ignore the fact that the damn thing clicks at a lower temp and is annoying loose and noisy?

This theory implies a marketing conspiracy by Dynavap. I'm using sativa today. So, I'm in a full-on consiracy theory mood

They can't make you people respect the motherf'ing click so, they just lowered the temp where it clicks. Mission accomplished.

What was the mission? Make the user experience as pleasant as possible.

Combustion sucks. The VapCap was designed to eliminate combustion. But, smoke has become an "oops" moment for many Dynavap users. If they blow past the click and occasionally combust with just a shrug of the shoulders and, "oh, well", then why have the click at all?

Dynavap's marketing conspiracy to slip in a low temp cap as the new standard is for our own protection. With the click at a lower temp one gets to have their cake (bragging like a jackass, "I went 9 seconds past the click!") and eat it too (not combust).

They got sick of people blowing past the click and telling everyone else they do it and telling newbies to do it. It became the standard. Every time there's a new batch of users (new M release) they learn from the videos, forums, and other users to "go past the click". This will inevitably result in combustion and a lower user experience. Lower the click temp and... Voila! Happy stupid users ignoring clicks.

How do you retrain the masses? You don't. You just make it harder for the newbies to not combust by lowering the temp where it clicks and not telling them.

Why does piss me off? Because I already have a low temp cap. I love it. And my low temp cap doesn't rattle. This captive thing is basically a loose low tem cap. Fail.

If your cap fell off or was loose - squeeze it. This was, and remains, neither rocket science nor brain surgery. Seriously, was anyone so f'ing stupid they couldn't do that? I gotta deal wirh this new captive POS cap 'cause some moron lacks the ability to squeeze their thumb and index finger?

Why else does it piss me off? Because I haven't left the house in 2 weeks and everything's pissing me off, dammit!

That was cathartic. I feel better. Hope you do. Sorry if you don't. End of rant.

I will be giving my Karmavap recipient their complete Karmavap with an additional low temp cap which I'll explain is "The new standard cap for dummies who think they're badass 'cause they go past the click and dont mind loose caps that rattle".

Ok, now end of rant.

Switching to indica.

Edit: wow! That was long. Sorry. Ignore the old guy yeling.

I gave my initial impressions a few days ago in this thread. Since the preorder came with a complete 2019 model, for a 1st customer like me, it was easy to see the new “captive cap” has a looser fit, then the previous model. It falls off much easier even with multiple SQUEEZES. With no adjustments on the older style cap, fit is perfect, and I just starting using that. But, as I like more airflow then some, I’m giving the new captive cap another try out, only in the assumption that the looser fit, may give me a bit more air.

I believe in your “rant”, you also feel the new looser “captive cap” may also click at a lower temperature, compared to the older, tighter model caps, since it doesn’t fit as tight. Is this correct?

Time to get out the calipers...

notams

toke down Babylon
Let me ask an honest question regarding airflow that someone smarter than me can answer.

This is when using a condenser and an airhole. Everything changes with condenser-less stems and covered or non-existent airholes.

Don't I want the cap as snug as possible to force as much "fresh" air as possible to come in through the airhole and mix with my herb in that manner by "pulling" the vapor out rather than just seeping under a loose cap and "washing over" the heated herb?

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Not exactly. The air port is an air bleed to balance the back-pressure from the bowl. If the bowl was clogged, the air port would make no difference. With an easy drawing tip, the air port could be opened more for the same mix of air and vape. It's a vape density regulator if you will.

Planck

believes in Dog

Yeah, I've had concerns about the captive cap since I first saw it. I posted them here the day it was unveiled. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I don't see a big conspiracy to enforce respect the click. Maybe that's wrong, George seems pretty adamant one should use the air port. I think it stems from pressure to have a new model every year. That is no small task to improve a device that was so good right out the gate. It's like trying to improve a pencil. Not alot to work with.

It's a vape density regulator if you will.

Agreed, I remember George saying it uses the venturi effect to create a low pressure area that helps draw vapor from the tip. elifino if that is what happens.

LabPong

Not at any time has anyone threatened me, beat me up, put me in jail, nor caused me any harm because I did or did not respect the click.

I pretty much know how to use my vapcaps and extract well....I adapt to each one as they are slightly different. Sometimes you just have to try different things and tweak them a bit..... ;)

Anddddddddd.....in doing so today.....I tweaked a bunch of parts because I was bored and wanted to clean out an old tip I don't use often. Here is what happened to it after some messing around.

VCbubble-Stem.jpg

2017 Ti tip with low temp cap
No CCD with SS screen to bottom of bowl
2 small 0-rings to fit tip into...
Arizer Argo bubble stem
510 cart cap for no smell on the go

....add this.....

VCtravel1.jpg

I'm now ready for mobile vapcap useage!

:tup:

rvarick

I must say I’m not a fan of the tip and cap combo on my 20’ M. I’m getting really weak extraction (i.e. still green) despite multiple heating cycles. I need to do some more testing to see whether it’s the cap or the tip that’s the problem (or both). I also noticed the new tip is pretty loose on my BB9 stem. Not sure yet what I think yet of the captive cap. The 2019 M was great from the get go.

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
bghb.jpg
rjhd.jpg

Just made it with little more flow on the tip M-2018 Turbo haha

Looks like you flattened 2 sides to allow for more airflow? Very interesting idea. I wonder if it will effect heat up or create hot spots in the bowl. You would probably get even less restriction by filling some half moon cut outs into the tip like the newer versions have.

Top Bottom