hinglemccringleberry

Donno what the big deal is with humongous clouds.

My preference is a gentle lift off of my wings,
With a microdose.

If I want to be air borne in the stratosphere, I have my cCell Dart. 97% THC.
I like thoroughly extracting my bud. That's why I got a VC. Clouds are just an accessory to the goal of extraction. If I want a gentle flavor session without full extraction I'll reach for a Linx Eden=]

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Being able to fully vape a VC on a single draw is a time-saver.
The dripping wet sensation of such thick vapor is the goal of some, or for some occasions for others like me.

I'm averaging 3 draws per cap to dark ABV. I've tried 10 and couldn't do it. 5-6 I could muster by really backing things off.

It's not about the buzz since I only get that from the first draw. After that, all is moot... medicine.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@RogueGuy an ever expanding collection, great pictures.

Questions for those on the 20M.
Carb open or closed and straight to lung or mouth to lung?
I'm interested to know how you're all using it.

@TommyDee this is after at least a gram of extracts. 3.2mm bore SS.
I found the seller again and once the world gets back to near normal I'll post some over for you too play with. Rogue's stem reminded me that you'd made those slimline stems.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I like the BB9 stem and low temp cap with Ti tip so much after getting these parts......I ordered them again 1 day after getting the first order!

It is much longer and you will need to find a new tube to keep it in if that is what you normally do. Luckily I had a 6 inch long doob tube and it fits perfectly with a touch of room to add a little soft bumper on the bottom.

1203191027-01.jpg

@LabPong
I’ve looked at the DV site, and in the description, it says: “It contains an air port”.
That might solve my issue with airflow “resistance”, for using just the tip alone in my water rig. Wanted you opinion. Thanks.

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/accessories/glass/the-bb9-pink/[URL]https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/accessories/glass/the-bb9-pink/[/URL]

RustyOldNail,

Planck

believes in Dog
I get more clouds with mouth to lung but it hurts my throat more. Everybody got their own preferences
Indeed, mouth to lung is easier on my throat. :lol:

Oh, dang, forgot... there is trick 3! However, this is not draw related. This is cooling related; 5" vape path length through a low thermally conductive material minimizes honey condensation while providing significant cooling and maximizes bio-availability. :rockon: Okay, that trick is quite subjective but I'm sticking too it. I hear glass would qualify for this observation. :clap:

Yep, 110mm (~4.5")is good and as short as I will probably ever use. This was a major upgrade for me. No airport of course. :brow:

LabPong

@LabPong
I’ve looked at the DV site, and in the description, it says: “It contains an air port”.
That might solve my issue with airflow “resistance”, for using just the tip alone in my water rig. Wanted you opinion. Thanks.

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/accessories/glass/the-bb9-pink/https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/accessories/glass/the-bb9-pink/

Yes, any stem you use with a carb/airport will give the same effect. I have the carb's blocked off as I do not have a need for them. But if you need the air inlet...the BB9 will satisfy that need.

I was also going to mention to you....the dynavap in general the way it draws...is restrictive compared to most other vapes. So any little advantage one can get by taking away any of that restriction by setup or tweaking... is welcomed by most all.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I just like making humongous clouds because they're fun. I've had unsatisfying hits that were wispy in cloud production. But I've never had a cloud-buster produce an unsatisfying hit.

I find that even with a bowl pack that barely covers the screen, you can get at least one big sweet and tasty hit. And there is something to be said for that type of microdosing because there might be very little left in the second hit, but you repack and always get a flavorful hit. If you pack more, then the effects are there but the flavor is gone for the last set of hits. I think I like both ways based on the mood I'm in.

I use a M19 tip and a @Pipes caldron and this is a killer combination. I usually don't even puff on the first cycle. I just throw it on the magnet until I get a click (mine does a double click, that how it rolls) and then hit it right after the second cycle and whammo. In fact I just did that very thing, can you tell?

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@phattpiggie - thanks for the offer but do not do this my account. Stainless steel is also good about thermal resistance. I'm actually really surprised how well these clear uninterrupted stems work. And I tend to subscribe to your analogy of 'not all woods are safe' so we have little choice. Then again certain wood pipes have a history through millennia. Limiting species however is not conducive to expressing nature in its fullest.

I'm not one to salvage the honey which one can do with a smooth metal bore. I only put flower through mine and I have only had one warmed-over honey-drip seal the stem one time in 3 oz through the VC. The honey is a dark sticky golden brown. This is from the darker ABV and it tastes like it. There is no way to remove it other than pushing a skewer through it. So it is well sealed with vape honey.

What did interest me was how glass reacted to condensation of vape. I expected a lot more. I have never used the metal condensers or stems from DynaVap either. The weight of my VC is high on my user experience list. Not sure where Ti falls in all this since I have personal irrational aversion.

So 5" of path length -or- obstruction cooling generate two different results but the same cooling effects in my book. When the vape has velocity, it has less chance to condense. It is actually more likely to condense to itself. Less vape contacts the walls of the tube, whereas obstacles are collisions with vape particles and transfer of thermal energy. This I cannot trade for a smooth clear air-path where vape gets to me and I give it time to cool before it gets to me.

Last edited:

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
At the risk of being a showoff.....Here is my new stem!!

KGW1.jpg

KGW2.jpg

KGW3.jpg

KGW4.jpg

I could not wait until it arrived to share these photos.

I commissioned Alyson @khelek41girl KGWoodcrafts to make me a custom Vapcap stem. I wanted to incorporate elements and colors from my logo. I wanted a group of three like the Anelli stem and the three hexagons in my logo and I wanted a hexagonal section. This is the stem she designed and crafted for me. I could not be more happy or impressed. It’s stunning!

From Alyson: In total, there are exactly 21 pieces to this stem including the Mouthpiece. It includes a stainless steel lining, 4 pieces of brass, 6 pieces of aluminum, 3 pieces of Osage Orange, 4 pieces of Gabon Ebony, 1 piece of custom Acrylic, and 2 pieces of Bog Oak.

The acrylic was hand made by @pegasus_pipe_co

While there are other amazing custom stem makers, I’m so happy that I reached out to Alyson to do this project. She was so easy to work with and extremely open and flexible as I suggested minor changes during the design phase.

I can’t wait to load a cap full and put this work of art through its paces.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@TheThriftDrifter if you're not EU let me know. The listing seemed to disappear for a while so it's time to stock up.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254509363954

@TommyDee uninterrupted vapor path, for me, is a must. Lots of reclaim is a waste so less is best.

No problem sending tube over I'm keen to here other views on the smaller bore. I'm buying more while it's there. Sometimes feedback is rarer than rocking horse shit.

95mm is my regular stem length. 100mm/4mm ID before that.

One other stem out there with the same set up and it's become the guys daily as well.

My glass lined pieces have 5mm ID and its surprising the increase in vapor temperature even at 100mm.

@RogueGuy very nice and well executed by @khelek41girl.

The whole point of being a custom stem maker is to be just that and it should never be a problem working through design tweeks to get the result expected. Otherwise things sit and gather dust.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@MAbud After reading a lot of posts on multiple forums, it appears that people are having mixed results with their 20 M tips. Some people have caps that fall off or are having trouble producing clouds. Mine works flawlessly. I can heat it in the center of the cap with a single flame, pull 2 big clouds per heat cycle for 3 cycles without any hint of charring. I find, to produce the same clouds with the Ti tip, my material is much darker. I also find the flavor of the first cycle to be unmatched by any other tips I have. Maybe I got super lucky and have a tip cap combo that just works particularly well.

RustyOldNail

@MAbud After reading a lot of posts on multiple forums, it appears that people are having mixed results with their 20 M tips. Some people have caps that fall off or are having trouble producing clouds. Mine works flawlessly. I can heat it in the center of the cap with a single flame, pull 2 big clouds per heat cycle for 3 cycles without any hint of charring. I find, to produce the same clouds with the Ti tip, my material is much darker. I also find the flavor of the first cycle to be unmatched by any other tips I have. Maybe I got super lucky and have a tip cap combo that just works particularly well.

What type of grind, and grinder do you use?

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
At the risk of being a showoff.....Here is my new stem!!

KGW1.jpg

KGW2.jpg

KGW3.jpg

KGW4.jpg

I could not wait until it arrived to share these photos.

I commissioned Alyson @khelek41girl KGWoodcrafts to make me a custom Vapcap stem. I wanted to incorporate elements and colors from my logo. I wanted a group of three like the Anelli stem and the three hexagons in my logo and I wanted a hexagonal section. This is the stem she designed and crafted for me. I could not be more happy or impressed. It’s stunning!

From Alyson: In total, there are exactly 21 pieces to this stem including the Mouthpiece. It includes a stainless steel lining, 4 pieces of brass, 6 pieces of aluminum, 3 pieces of Osage Orange, 4 pieces of Gabon Ebony, 1 piece of custom Acrylic, and 2 pieces of Bog Oak.

The acrylic was hand made by @pegasus_pipe_co

While there are other amazing custom stem makers, I’m so happy that I reached out to Alyson to do this project. She was so easy to work with and extremely open and flexible as I suggested minor changes during the design phase.

I can’t wait to load a cap full and put this work of art through its paces.
nice multi piece build

so...hornet or bumblebee?

klusion

Just wanted to thank Dynavap and there customer service. I have never tried or used a dynavap prior to pre-ordering my 2020 M. When I received my package it came with my 2020 M and a Karmavap. Which apparently its sole purpose is to pass it on and spread the experience of Dynavap. So stoked!!! Shipped out the karmavap, aomai lighter and a magnet to my sister today so hopefully she recieves them Thursday. So far the performance of the M and the amazing customer service has made this pandemic a little bit better!

RustyOldNail

All my caps are captive now. I put a slight bend 1/16" on the digger-outer inward. I adjust it to friction on the fins. It keeps the cap on, and keeps the cap from crimp-lock on pushing down. The idea is to stop sealing off the tip with the clickers in the cap. You can give some space between clickers and the load. No scorched load. If you heat the cap the hot air travels between cap and tip into the the load. The airport allows the fresh air to temper the vapor. I got to thinking, if the cap gets squeezed against the tip how does the heated air get into the load well enough to vape. The cap doesn't rattle or fall off. Win-win. The cap has two jobs, heat indicator, and heat the air going into the load. JMHO and it works for me. Doc

Please "No rocks thrown at me." Its JMHO.

I read about some VC users pulling the cap a bit away from the head, as I was researching the devices airflow, my 1st VC. I thought this little mod interesting.

I believe are a few concerns folks brought up if one decides to move the cap away from the tip. And I bring this up for debate, as why not? Learning and sharing is always FUN!

Do other experienced VapCap owners mess with moving their cap away from the tip, to gain airflow? Since it’s not designed this way, one thought is this could effect torch heating, as the cap is not in its default position, meaning potential for uneven heating.

The other potential issue, does the tip CLICK at the same temperature if it’s slightly away from the end of the load bowl?

MAbud

Thanks dude. I’m not a huge M or SS tip fan. I generally find the TI to have way better flavor. But I ordered the 20 to give it a shot. Hopefully it will ship soon and I can try it out

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@RustyOldNail - The click happens from where you heat the cap. Think of it as heat racing to the clicker. This becomes subconscious to a degree if you torch.

Great stem Rogue. Congrats to you both on the collaborative effort! :rockon:

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I read about some VC users pulling the cap a bit away from the head, as I was researching the devices airflow, my 1st VC. I thought this little mod interesting.

I believe are a few concerns folks brought up if one decides to move the cap away from the tip. And I bring this up for debate, as why not? Learning and sharing is always FUN!

Do other experienced VapCap owners mess with moving their cap away from the tip, to gain airflow? Since it’s not designed this way, one thought is this could effect torch heating, as the cap is not in its default position, meaning potential for uneven heating.

The other potential issue, does the tip CLICK at the same temperature if it’s slightly away from the end of the load bowl?

Most caps extend beyond the first fin ( thus restricting air ), with the cap pulled up a smidgin, there
Is less restriction.

Squeezing the cap out of round also helps to let air into the tip.

My hae penny. :spliff:

Top Bottom